Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-23-2013, 17:58   #21
BPPIX

I got the same respose today as above. He doesn't care about those of us he supposedly represents. He votes as he's told. He is an intellectual coward.
BPPIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 17:59   #22
hockeyrcks9901

I received the same response as the guy above me I'm going to send a response back as well. I know it probably won't do any good as he just won re-election but I've got to try.
hockeyrcks9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 18:30   #23
GunHo198

I would keep replying as long as he's responding. Maybe we can trip him up by touching more specific questions so he can't send a chain letter response to all of us. Be specific on debating topics like assault weapons ban, how much will a universal background check on private sales cost us, and will we be TAXED? Will it lead to gun registration and confiscation? Then explain to him why it's a bad idea.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-23-2013, 18:46   #24
Jim Watson

Self defense within the home, yeah, baby, that's what those Colonials did, all right.

Not to put too fine a point on it, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to enable the states and the public to defend themselves against people like HIM.
Old 01-23-2013, 19:16   #25
GunHo198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
Self defense within the home, yeah, baby, that's what those Colonials did, all right.

Not to put too fine a point on it, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to enable the states and the public to defend themselves against people like HIM.
He's a democrat so we need to explain it to him like a 5 year old. LOL If he wants to debate, then I say lets keep debating it all the way till voting. Maybe we can educate him, but I doubt it. It's worth a shot.
Old 01-23-2013, 20:36   #26
SpringerTGO

I already posted this in another thread, but I suggest you ask the senator the following.

Exactly why does anyone think that the lack of a flash suppressor, collapsible stock, and pistol grip will stop a mentally ill person from using a rifle?

They might make an argument (in their minds) about magazine capacity, but I haven't seen any kind of argument for banning those features.

Has a prominent psychiatrist done a study that shows bipolar and schitzo people have some kind of aversion to weapons that don't have these features?
Maybe they can show that someone having a psychotic break can only hold a weapon with a pistol grip?
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 20:53   #27
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
I got somewhat of a different reply. Guess we are keeping his office busy as it doesn't seem like chain mail as much.

Dear Mr. Ford:

Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns, and I support the Second Amendment.

But assault weapons such as AK 47s are intended for killing, not hunting.

They keep saying that...Where is "hunting" enumerated in the Second Amendment?

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:16   #28
FireForged
Millenium #3936

I have 2 simple issues with his response:

1. He brings up "hunting" in a second amendment discussion.

2. He uses "political speak" to try avoid telling you what he believes or what he will or will not vote for.

Last edited by FireForged; 01-24-2013 at 11:22..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26   #29
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru View Post
I voted, it is now...

YES...11.40%
NO...88.41%
NO OPINION...0.19%

I really don't think they care about polls. They are going to do what they want whether we like it or not :-(

TGG
I agree... They claim polls are inaccurate when they do not support their agenda but wave them like a flag when they do.

I love how they will talk to 10 people on the street of Boston and claim that their response to a question are somehow a clear indication of the pusle of a Nation.
Old 01-24-2013, 16:19   #30
jamaicanj

No need to try to decipher the letter. You can hear Senator Nelson at a press conference explain his position...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4745908.story
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 18:29   #31
BBSRQ

Here's the reply from our other Senator, Marco Rubio:

Thank you for writing me regarding the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I understand this is an important issue and I appreciate hearing your thoughts.

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I hold the fundamental belief the Second Amendment should not be altered. At the same time, I have always been open to measures that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.

In light of the recent tragedies, some have suggested restricting gun ownership and have suggested ways to curb gun violence. I am always open to ideas on how to stop violent crimes, however I have concerns when these suggestions are solely directed toward restricting gun ownership. Given the Constitution's clear stance on gun ownership, I will continue to support an individual's right to own firearms.

It is an honor and a privilege to serve you as your United States Senator. I appreciate you offering your opinion on this issue. If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
United States Senator
BBSRQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 20:47   #32
RYT 2BER

That letter isn't a response. It's a boiler plate template and I got the same one last year regarding a completely different gun issue.

Nelson is a pandering tool.
Old 01-27-2013, 20:52   #33
Hard_Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBennett View Post
nice to see he actually replied.

and He showed he really doesnt know crap about what the SA really stands for
Hard_Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29   #34
oldgoat378

I received the same letter from Nelson that GunHo198 received and another one that said he totally supported "President" Obama's views.
oldgoat378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:52   #35
SGT67

same crap form letter email our sen Casey from PA sends out only clearly stating he will vote in favor of the AWB, My dealer tacked it up in his shop for everyone to see. The guy thinks hes a bulletproof career guy because his daddy was the governor at one time. These people will have a rude awakening come re election time just like when the original awb was put thru.
PA Glocker #168
Big Dawgs #1451
Kalashnikov#1451
Black Rifle #1451
21 Club #1451
SGT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:04   #36
gatorboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Demand that he clarify his position.
Ha, ha! He's a politician, an old, content one at that! His "team" has two form letters they send out depending on YOUR position. Write a letter to him supporting his true stance to view the other form letter. F' him!
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:25   #37
p01ic3m4n

He made his position clear in front of the Senate judiciary committee last week. He said he owns shotguns, and couldn't understand why anyone would need an assault rifle for protection or hunting. He is all for Feinsteins bill.

Last edited by p01ic3m4n; 02-06-2013 at 23:26..
p01ic3m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 23:33   #38
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01ic3m4n View Post
He made his position clear in front of the Senate judiciary committee last week. He said he owns shotguns, and couldn't understand why anyone would need an assault rifle for protection or hunting. He is all for Feinsteins bill.
The second amendment doesn't say anything about hunting or protection. It does state a connection between a militia, and "the people".

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote