Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-07-2013, 15:40   #1
FCoulter

Give thanks to God

Alot of people only thank God when things are going good. I am prof think God for everything. 5 yrs ago I broke my back while pulling a 16 out of a car after a head on wreck. I have been disabled ever since and yet a day doesnt go by tha I dont think God. How has my life changed during this past 5 yrs.?
I have got a new car, a new house, a great wife, and many other blessing I cant even think of.

I never really ever had a guitar before being injured, but I started wanting one. I now have 10. Most recent one came today thanks to God and His blessings.

So just dont think God when times are bad, think Him ALL the time for everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Religious Issues - Click for larger version  
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 15:41   #2
FCoulter

This is what arrived today.
Attached Thumbnails
Religious Issues - Click for larger version  
Old 02-07-2013, 16:14   #3
Glock36shooter

Nice guitars. All of them American Made or you got some mixtures in there? We might disagree on a lot but I think we can agree we love the guitar.

If I might share as well...

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-07-2013 at 16:16..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 16:18   #4
fgutie35

Great!! So now I'm imagining you are going to use those instruments to join a choir or christian group and start praising God and that way give back a little for ALL He has giving you right? or are you are just going to use them for your own selfish pleasure and gain?

I agree with you that we should thank God for all the blessings and not just material things. I thank Him for lending me three wonderful kids and a beautiful wife. I also thank Him for always providing for our "needs" and not necessarily our "wants". Even in my time of grief and tribulation, I thank Him for teaching me lesons about life and cleansing my soul in the process. By the way, I also bought a guitar, but I bought it because I made the descision to use my God given talent to praise God thru music and touch a soul or two in the process so they can get closer to God.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:32   #5
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Nice guitars. All of them American Made or you got some mixtures in there? We might disagree on a lot but I think we can agree we love the guitar.

If I might share as well...

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues

Religious Issues
There is a mixture, the new one is a 2012 american standard ash telecaster, most of the others are either mim, or guitars I put together using the best parts I can get.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:36   #6
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgutie35 View Post
Great!! So now I'm imagining you are going to use those instruments to join a choir or christian group and start praising God and that way give back a little for ALL He has giving you right? or are you are just going to use them for your own selfish pleasure and gain?

I agree with you that we should thank God for all the blessings and not just material things. I thank Him for lending me three wonderful kids and a beautiful wife. I also thank Him for always providing for our "needs" and not necessarily our "wants". Even in my time of grief and tribulation, I thank Him for teaching me lesons about life and cleansing my soul in the process. By the way, I also bought a guitar, but I bought it because I made the descision to use my God given talent to praise God thru music and touch a soul or two in the process so they can get closer to God.
Actually I am not using the guitars at all. I am unable to play, but thanks to God He gave me the ability to put the together, and enjoy them for what they are. Its therapy for me.

Was my answer ok with you?
Old 02-07-2013, 16:39   #7
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
There is a mixture, the new one is a 2012 american standard ash telecaster, most of the others are either mim, or guitars I put together using the best parts I can get.
My darker Charcoal Frost Strat is an American Partscaster too.

I'm getting ready to buy a gutted Les Paul in Silverburst (I love metalic colored electrics) and fix it up.

You got any stomp boxes? My pedal board is starting to grow a little bit...

Religious Issues

That's a vintage 77ish V4 Big Muff... sounds amazing. Instant Smashing Pumpkins.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-07-2013, 16:52   #8
FCoulter

Quote:

I'm getting ready to buy a gutted Les Paul in Silverburst (I love metalic colored electrics) and fix it up.

Religious Issues

That's a vintage 77ish V4 Big Muff... sounds amazing. Instant Smashing Pumpkins.
You have some beautiful stuff, the only pedal I have is a digitech death metal pedal. Its new in the box. I do have a new amp I just got.

Last edited by FCoulter; 04-06-2013 at 13:25..
Old 02-07-2013, 17:13   #9
Glock36shooter

Quote:
You have some beautiful stuff, the only pedal I have is a digitech death metal pedal. Its new in the box. I do have a new amp I just got.
I've heard good things about those amps. Nice looking Pauly in the back too.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-07-2013, 17:43   #10
fgutie35

Quote:
Actually I am not using the guitars at all. I am unable to play, but thanks to God He gave me the ability to put the together, and enjoy them for what they are. Its therapy for me.

Was my answer ok with you?
I apologized if I came across as a "holier than thou", but some times I get ticked off by the "Look at the Escalade with gold rims that God blessed me with" crowd. You problably did not mean it that way, but that is how at that moment, I understood.
Old 02-07-2013, 21:04   #11
Vic Hays

I thank God for music to praise Him with.

I guess we have a few things in common.

I have a guitar and have been learning how to play it for many years. I don't really have the talent, but it is good to have the accompaniment when I am alone.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:21   #12
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Alot of people only thank God when things are going good. I am prof think God for everything. 5 yrs ago I broke my back while pulling a 16 out of a car after a head on wreck. I have been disabled ever since and yet a day doesnt go by tha I dont think God. How has my life changed during this past 5 yrs.?
I have got a new car, a new house, a great wife, and many other blessing I cant even think of.

I never really ever had a guitar before being injured, but I started wanting one. I now have 10. Most recent one came today thanks to God and His blessings.

So just dont think God when times are bad, think Him ALL the time for everything.
I am glad things are going well for after such an awful injury.
Old 02-07-2013, 23:41   #13
Brucev

My heart goes out to you. May God grant you his grace and peace as you place your faith and trust in him.

Guitars are fun! Looks like you've got quite a selection! Over the years I've had a Gibson Mk-72 that I was fortunate enough to find while I was in seminary. It's seen a fair amount of use in youth groups and church services. One day I hope to have a nice electric guitar. Again, may God bless you and your loves ones. Sincerely. Brucev.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:20   #14
scottz0369

Quote:

Religious Issues

Nice setup; I also think it would be pretty cool to build one up from parts too. My daughter is a guitar player, and I'm thinking of getting a Carvin or Warmoth kit to put together with her. The pic is my MIJ Fender Aerodyne I picked up when I was stationed in Japan. The white bass is an '83 G&L L1000 that I just picked up from a pawnshop that thought it was broken (no output). $400 and five minutes of re-soldering a ground later, its good to go.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360333489090.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	231050Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360334163403.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	231051
I've also got an Epi EB-0 and fender acoustic bass, both are beaters-I bought them to bring on deployments. The Epi held up far better than the fender in Iraq.
For pedals, I use a SR ST200 tuner, HBE Hematoma OD, and Tech 21 BDI. Our guitar player has nearly as many pedals as you, and I'm planning on getting a chorus and maybe compression based on his input.
I've been playing exclusively in church for the past 10 years or so; I don't want to play anywhere my kids can't go and other reasons. For fun, I still play my main musical loves at practice-Megadeth, Rush, FNM, Maiden, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top etc....

I may have missed it in your previous response; what are you using for an amp?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
scottz0369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:40   #15
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Big fan of Taylor guitars. Once you pick one up and play it, it must be yours. I have three acoustics and my electric setup is pretty fun too. I have an Ibanez AR300 in a flame maple top and dual humbuckers that I plug into a Line 6 Spider Jam, which is in itself too much fun to jam with. Jam and drum tracks and looping recording capabilities, you become a one man band. I make ringtones and all kinds of goofy stuff on mine.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52   #16
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz0369 View Post
Nice setup; I also think it would be pretty cool to build one up from parts too. My daughter is a guitar player, and I'm thinking of getting a Carvin or Warmoth kit to put together with her. The pic is my MIJ Fender Aerodyne I picked up when I was stationed in Japan. The white bass is an '83 G&L L1000 that I just picked up from a pawnshop that thought it was broken (no output). $400 and five minutes of re-soldering a ground later, its good to go.Attachment 231050Attachment 231051
I've also got an Epi EB-0 and fender acoustic bass, both are beaters-I bought them to bring on deployments. The Epi held up far better than the fender in Iraq.
For pedals, I use a SR ST200 tuner, HBE Hematoma OD, and Tech 21 BDI. Our guitar player has nearly as many pedals as you, and I'm planning on getting a chorus and maybe compression based on his input.
I've been playing exclusively in church for the past 10 years or so; I don't want to play anywhere my kids can't go and other reasons. For fun, I still play my main musical loves at practice-Megadeth, Rush, FNM, Maiden, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top etc....

I may have missed it in your previous response; what are you using for an amp?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Nice Bass guitars. Yeah there are a ton of other pedals I want but at $200.00 to $500.00 each they come in slow. I MUST have a Hartman Analog Flanger. It's an exact clone of the original Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress but without the volume drop of a vintage pedal. And I'm trying to decide on a Wah pedal at the moment.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56   #17
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Big fan of Taylor guitars. Once you pick one up and play it, it must be yours. I have three acoustics and my electric setup is pretty fun too. I have an Ibanez AR300 in a flame maple top and dual humbuckers that I plug into a Line 6 Spider Jam, which is in itself too much fun to jam with. Jam and drum tracks and looping recording capabilities, you become a one man band. I make ringtones and all kinds of goofy stuff on mine.
I love Taylors. I always thought Martin was the end all be all when I was younger. But the first Taylor I bought I fell in love. Very few guitars play better or sound as nice. When I found that solid Mahogany Grand Symphony pictured above... it was love at first play.

The one next to it is a hand built Joel Stehr. It's the finest playing and sounding guitar I have ever touched in my life. It's my baby.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-08-2013, 13:18   #18
FCoulter

Some of my other babies.

Old 02-08-2013, 13:19   #19
FCoulter

Some more.

Old 02-08-2013, 13:20   #20
FCoulter

Last for now.