Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Be honest, just this one time. Did you post the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
What does that have to do with the BBT? Why can you never have an honest conversation with people? Why do you have to constantly try and drag up other threads that have nothing to do with anything?
Also note how he chose to word his aspersion, as if I hadn't already acknowledged that quote as mine in every single previous instance in which he has chosen to drag it out. I've never denied it. I've only ever owned it as my own words, but he would lead others to believe that I haven't which is just another of his many lies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01   #122
hooligan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Also note how he chose to word his aspersion, as if I hadn't already acknowledged that quote as mine in every single previous instance in which he has chosen to drag it out. I've never denied it. I've only ever owned it as my own words, but he would lead others to believe that I haven't which is just another of his many lies.
I did, in fact, notice the wording...

Old 02-06-2013, 11:14   #123
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Yeah, he pretends as if you've denied it.

The more Cav-Pa posts the more lies he piles up.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51   #124
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
You are aware that what is being explained is what the math actually illustrates right? It isn't just this imaginative guess. It is an explanation of calculations. Have you found a flaw in any of the math or are you just talking out of your rear?
Well. it's your claim. Can you describe in detail, using math or any other means, what the big bang looked like?

Is there any possibility that it looked different?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53   #125
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Yeah, he pretends as if you've denied it.

The more Cav-Pa posts the more lies he piles up.
The second "A" is capitalized. Wouldn't want you posting while appearing..... well, you know.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:57   #126
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Well. it's your claim. Can you describe in detail, using math or any other means, what the big bang looked like?

Is there any possibility that it looked different?
Changing the subject is no longer going to work for you here. Do you have evidence of a flaw in the mathematics from which descriptions of the BBT are derived?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:02   #127
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry PA View Post
The second "A" is capitalized. Wouldn't want you posting while appearing..... well, you know.
Ok... I missed a capitalization.

You continue to be dishonest and misleading with nearly everything you post. Why do you keep dishonestly implying that Geko has tried to deny his statement when every single time you drag it out to try and change the subject (like you're doing now) he has owned it?

Why are you such a dishonest person Cav-PA?

And I appear as what??? Stoned? Are you being dishonest yet again? I fear that if in your personal life your mouth is ever open, lies must just come flying out constantly.

Geko is right. It is deeply ingrained in you to be dishonest isn't it?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-06-2013 at 12:04..
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11   #128
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Changing the subject is no longer going to work for you here. Do you have evidence of a flaw in the mathematics from which descriptions of the BBT are derived?
From what we can really tell, the universe is expanding, and it probably used to be hotter. Any detailed description of what is causing that is not proven by math. Objective scientists admit that requires extrapolation from current observations.

But don't just take my word for it, ask a scientist.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...5/phy05329.htm
Old 02-06-2013, 12:20   #129
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
From what we can really tell, the universe is expanding, and it probably used to be hotter. Any detailed description of what is causing that is not proven by math. Objective scientists admit that requires extrapolation from current observations.
This is just plain wrong.

Just so everyone is clear, this is the lagrangian for the Lambda-CDM model of the early universe (aka "Big Bang" theory). This is the actual theory. Terms like "dark matter" and "cosmic inflation" are simply part of a plain english interpretation of the predicted results that arise from solving this function.

Religious Issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 02-06-2013 at 12:23..
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23   #130
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Ok... I missed a capitalization.

You continue to be dishonest and misleading with nearly everything you post. Why do you keep dishonestly implying that Geko has tried to deny his statement when every single time you drag it out to try and change the subject (like you're doing now) he has owned it?

Why are you such a dishonest person Cav-PA?

And I appear as what??? Stoned? Are you being dishonest yet again? I fear that if in your personal life your mouth is ever open, lies must just come flying out constantly.

Geko is right. It is deeply ingrained in you to be dishonest isn't it?
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19835157

I've been honest about my opinions. Last time we spoke on the subject of drugs, you said you didn't do them, I said I would not accuse you of that.

I guess you probably feel more comfortable thinking that I must be lying in order to have the positions I have, because you cannot fathom them. It's evidence of your closed mindedness. It can only be one way with you, your way. How's that working out for you IRL?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:26   #131
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
I've been honest about my opinions. Last time we spoke on the subject of drugs, you said you didn't do them, I said I would not accuse you of that.
Yet another evasion, he did not accuse you of being dishonest about your own opinions.

Got anything else, Doc?

Old 02-06-2013, 13:25   #132
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Absolutely false. The descriptions are based on what is found in the math.

Quote:
What is this supposed to illustrate other than your creepy stalker file actually exists.

Quote:
1. I never said anything about your opinions. You are dishonest in the way you represent others statements and present your points that are supposedly based in fact. Much like your comment above about there being no math to illustrate elements of the BBT. You're either being dishonest or are highly uninformed on the matter. Which is it?

2. If you were not implying that I'm on drugs in the "Wouldn't want you posting while appearing..... well, you know." comment then what were you trying to imply exactly? What was your implication? You wouldn't want me appearing how?

Quote:
I guess you probably feel more comfortable thinking that I must be lying in order to have the positions I have
No I know you're lying because you're a liar and continue to support that fact over and over with your dishonest posts. It's really that simple.

Like I said, changing the subject and dodging is no longer going to work for you here. My questions are above and I await your answers. You may feel free to refuse because of some fictional sense of getting butt hurt about being called out for what you are. But that really means nothing at this point. Everyone sees you for what you are.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-06-2013 at 13:25..
Old 02-06-2013, 13:29   #133
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Objective scientists admit that requires extrapolation from current observations.

But don't just take my word for it, ask a scientist.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc...5/phy05329.htm
I happen to know a couple of physicists personally, and they're pretty honest guys. I doubt they'd consider the mere fact that sometimes extrapolation is used in science is a valid basis for pretending that a theory whose mathematical description has made predictions about the universe which have been verified is "just a guess". Shall I ask them that, and see what they think?

You were wrong when making a claim that implied the BBT somehow disproves a deity.
You were wrong in your claims about math and the BBT.
You contradicted yourself by saying it was both a scientific theory and "just an example"
Why can't you just admit it?
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson

Last edited by void *; 02-06-2013 at 13:44..
Old 02-06-2013, 13:58   #134
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by void * View Post
I happen to know a couple of physicists personally, and they're pretty honest guys. I doubt they'd consider the mere fact that sometimes extrapolation is used in science is a valid basis for pretending that a theory whose mathematical description has made predictions about the universe which have been verified is "just a guess". Shall I ask them that, and see what they think?

You were wrong when making a claim that implied the BBT somehow disproves a deity.
You were wrong in your claims about math and the BBT.
You contradicted yourself by saying it was both a scientific theory and "just an example"
Why can't you just admit it?
OK, I'll concede that it's an educated guess. Happy now?

The BBT disproves a deity? I'm pretty sure I never meant to claim that. It's a bit like life, no one really knows how it started, we can just see some of the results after the start.

You are splitting hairs quite finely by the way. Am I not allowed in your book of rules to use an admittedly incomplete theory as an example of a place where scientific knowledge is not complete? Don't you think I should have a copy of your rule book before you go spouting off that I'm not following them?

Why can't you just admit you really don't know as much as you think you do, and believe more than you will admit?
Old 02-06-2013, 14:02   #135
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
OK, I'll concede that it's an educated guess. Happy now?
Do you consider it a justifiably accepted scientific theory, or not? If you do, why do you keep claiming variations of 'guess'?

Quote:
The BBT disproves a deity? I'm pretty sure I never meant to claim that.
Quote:
Swish and a miss on the whole scientific argument......

Real science neither proves whether a deity has existed or not.

There will always be the faithful that argue differently. You're one of them... Get used to it.
Since we were discussing the BBT at the time, please clarify your intent.

Was it to
a) Imply the BBT was not "real science"
b) Accuse me of making a "faithful" argument that I never actually made
c) both of the above

You go on about integrity a lot, so it will be interesting to see what your response is here. If you'll even in fact admit that I never made any such argument, for instance ...
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson

Last edited by void *; 02-06-2013 at 14:09..
Old 02-06-2013, 14:06   #136
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
You go on about integrity a lot, so it will be interesting to see what your response is here.
Regardless of his answer (or more likely the lack thereof), the truly sad part is that we will go through this all again about a week from now as if this whole conversation never took place.

Old 02-06-2013, 14:06   #137
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Absolutely false. The descriptions are based on what is found in the math.

The math simply does not explain it all.

http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/BB-top-30.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_epoch

http://www.space.com/8066-big-bang-s...es-remain.html

Is it that hard for you to admit that BBT is not yet complete? Not everything has been explained, there are still some mysteries out there.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:07   #138
Glock36shooter

Quote:
The BBT disproves a deity? I'm pretty sure I never meant to claim that.
You continually claim others here are making that leap. That what we know about evolution, abiogenesis, and the BBT somehow disprove a deity. And no one is making that claim.

Again... more of your dishonesty.

Quote:
You are splitting hairs quite finely by the way. Am I not allowed in your book of rules to use an admittedly incomplete theory as an example of a place where scientific knowledge is not complete?
Absolutely... but no one has suggested that our scientific knowledge IS complete. So I wouldn't understand why it would matter.

Quote:
Why can't you just admit you really don't know as much as you think you do, and believe more than you will admit?
Because that would be a dishonest misrepresentation of his stance. Which is something you do quite regularly.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:10   #139
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Since we were discussing the BBT at the time, please clarify your intent.

Was it to
a) Imply the BBT was not "real science"
b) Accuse me of making a "faithful" argument that I never actually made
c) both of the above

You go on about integrity a lot, so it will be interesting to see what your response is here.
Ahhh, I may see your misunderstanding, which is apparently my fault. Let me clarify. First, I did not mean to imply that the BBT disproves or proves a deity, second, the sentence should probably have read something closer to this:
Quote:
Real science neither proves nor disproves whether a deity has existed or not.

Is that clearer?
Old 02-06-2013, 14:10   #140
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Is it that hard for you to admit that BBT is not yet complete? Not everything has been explained, there are still some mysteries out there.
No one said anything is complete or final at this point. You're misrepresenting people's statements again. Your point was that what we do know about the BBT isn't supported by math. And this is either you being dishonest or you being uneducated. Which is it?

Closed Thread