GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 20:37   #21
EOS
Headbanger
 
EOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Remind them of what they don't like about the government and that they're advocating so hard to give a monopoly on the use of force to that same government... and the corporations that controls it. It's making them stop and think more than anything else I've tried.



FB post,


Political Issues

" I saw this yesterday and I rolled my eyes and blew it off as another right wing anti-occupy jab that needed no further consideration. Then I gave it further consideration. This is exactly what so many on the left are asking for. It may not be what they want but it's what they're asking for. So many times since this most recent shooting I've heard the cries that only police and military should have guns or should have "those types of guns". This is the police force that you want to hand more power to. This is what you're asking for, a police state that you will be completely powerless to resist no matter how far they go because you've happily and willingly disarmed yourselves and everyone else. You're trying your best to make sure that the agents of the rich and powerful get to have the big guns and we don't. You scream and cry for tougher gun restrictions for everyone but the elite that can get whatever they like.


You really don't want to do anything. You just want somebody else to do something. It's just like the right keeps saying about you."

Ive seen this coming from my Libertarian sources on FB. This meme can be used against all forms of gov't intervention. Like theft.....err....I mean taxation, and others. If you want government to intervene in something, you are basically saying it cannot be resolved peacefully.
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 21:00   #22
SIGlock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Rocket City, USA
Posts: 4,121
Gunhaver needs alot of attention again.

Guys, you need to learn to stop feeding this troll.
__________________
Resisting Glock is futile.
SIGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 21:37   #23
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen
 
SpectreRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoFla... want to move to America.
Posts: 929
I'm not sure I would call Gunhaver a troll.

I have..... other words...that I use for liberals.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more. -neil peart
What too many in America are missing is a sense of personal responsibility. -me
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58   #24
cowboy1964
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 15,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I can ignore any new gun laws
Good luck with that.

And how do you "ignore" no longer being able to buy a new AR?

Last edited by cowboy1964; 01-25-2013 at 06:59..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:05   #25
JBnTX
God Bless Texas
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Between The Red And Rio Grande
Posts: 14,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post

...This thread started as a way to argue with liberal gun banners ...
Why would you go to a firearms oriented website to argue with liberal gun banners?

Would you go to Jiffy Lube to buy clothes?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:06   #26
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Why would you go to a firearms oriented website to argue with liberal gun banners?

Would you go to Jiffy Lube to buy clothes?
I believe he meant to argue with himself...
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:06   #27
Bruce H
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: missouri
Posts: 4,620
A machete between their eyes would be a far better way to deal with them. Opposing opinions are just fine, but when those opinions are contrary to the documents that government is supposed to be run under we have another problem.
__________________
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 18:12   #28
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Why would you go to a firearms oriented website to argue with liberal gun banners?

Would you go to Jiffy Lube to buy clothes?
Um, obviously I meant a way for YOU to argue with liberal gun banners. One that actually works. I know the temptation to fling insults is overwhelming but try to keep up here.

Or you could just keep calling them lazy useless people that need a machete between the eyes and then wonder why they want to take all the guns away from your crazy asses.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 18:26   #29
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Good luck with that.

And how do you "ignore" no longer being able to buy a new AR?
I don't need an AR. I have an FNAR and it's much better. But I can ignore any laws that require me to give it up just like I can ignore a lot of other stupid laws. It's called civil disobedience.

Sure, I'd prefer to just be able to buy what I like and not have to hide it but there are other issues more important to me and none of them have anything to do with healthcare. Maybe if you all are lucky enough to get another libertarian candidate you won't throw the chance away again.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:17   #30
whoflungdo
Senior Member
 
whoflungdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 6,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Um, obviously I meant a way for YOU to argue with liberal gun banners. One that actually works. I know the temptation to fling insults is overwhelming but try to keep up here.

Or you could just keep calling them lazy useless people that need a machete between the eyes and then wonder why they want to take all the guns away from your crazy asses.
A temptation you seem to continue to fall into..at least you are consistent in your hypocrisy..
__________________

GTDS Certified Member #9

Last edited by whoflungdo; 01-25-2013 at 19:18..
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:57   #31
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
So today on FB, in response to this crap,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2551592.html

"I think that should read "drug testing those that collect welfare and unemployment money." I don't have a problem with either of those ideas. Check them for alcohol and tobacco while they're at it and ask why they're not using that money to feed their kids. Make them pay for the test too.

It currently costs about the same to pay for taxes and fees and other requirements on a gun purchase and carry permit as the price of a decent handgun. That's a right guaranteed us in the constitution and twice reaffirmed by SCOTUS and we still have to pay to exercise it. Welfare, while necessary for those with no other option, is not a right but a privilege. Carry permits are good idea because it ensures that those that have them have met a minimum standard that puts them above criticism from opposition. You won't find a more law abiding group with cleaner backgrounds than carry permit holders unless you start looking at people with security clearance. Best that the people that tax dollars support meet a similar standard so that anyone that wants to paint them all as lazy and useless can be shut down with some pretty well known facts before they even get started.

But it shouldn't cost anyone $20 for a yearly drug test to ensure that taxpayer money isn't wasted? It was first proposed that only people that showed signs of using be tested but that was met with too many cries of potential for discrimination so now we'll have to test everybody. They're starting to talk about mandatory insurance for gun owners and I'm sure drug testing for gun owners will come up too. Sorry but I'm finding little sympathy for those on the dole that wouldn't test positive for being subjected to the indignity of a drug test when they'll have to suffer it as soon as they get a job anyway."

Last edited by Gunhaver; 01-25-2013 at 20:06..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:58   #32
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
A temptation you seem to continue to fall into..at least you are consistent in your hypocrisy..
Well he started it...

Last edited by Gunhaver; 01-25-2013 at 19:58..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:05   #33
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGlock View Post
Gunhaver needs alot of attention again.

Guys, you need to learn to stop feeding this troll.
Oh if I needed attention then I'd be all over PI all the time because y'all just can't resist chewing me out. Surefire source of attention right over here.

But I get plenty of attention elsewhere, the positive kind, that I don't mind showing up in a few political threads and letting the fools have at me. I'm a former Christian so rejection by angry single minded people is a second language for me.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 20:59   #34
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Anti-Obamaville
Posts: 60,448


I'm not at all interested in changing liberal minds; even a gun-owning troll might have voted for Obama for other issues. He's still evil.
I'm far more interested in destroying liberals, especially the hypocrites who might happen to own guns but still voted for the most anti-gun politician in American history.

I have no desire to change their minds into anything other than a pink mist.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 21:12   #35
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,477


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I didn't vote for Obama to help maintain my gun rights.

That's sigline material right there.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 22:51   #36
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,657
Blog Entries: 1
Democratic party platform on gun control.

"We will protect Americans’ Second Amendment right to own firearms, and we will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists by fighting gun crime, reauthorizing the assault weapons ban, and closing the gun show loophole, "

It's no secret. It's not a hidden agenda. It's the party platform. Voting for a democrat is voting against the second amendment. PARTICULARLY voting for Obama.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 22:58   #37
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post

I have no desire to change their minds into anything other than a pink mist.
So you want to shoot them in the head because of who they voted for? Nice. Be sure to put that message out there loud and clear so they know that you're one of those angry right wing whack jobs they're always talking about and among the first that should have their guns confiscated.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 23:05   #38
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Democratic party platform on gun control.

"We will protect Americans’ Second Amendment right to own firearms, and we will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists by fighting gun crime, reauthorizing the assault weapons ban, and closing the gun show loophole, "

It's no secret. It's not a hidden agenda. It's the party platform. Voting for a democrat is voting against the second amendment. PARTICULARLY voting for Obama.
So you're telling me that never has a Democrat voted against gun control and never has a Republican voted for it? I beg to differ. I have voted for several Democrats that have a good 2A record and I had the pleasure of voting against a gun banning Republican in a recent presidential election. Sorry you guys couldn't come up with anyone better but it's about time you all started thinking about that and quit about it.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 23:10   #39
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Anti-Obamaville
Posts: 60,448


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
So you want to shoot them in the head because of who they voted for? Nice. Be sure to put that message out there loud and clear so they know that you're one of those angry right wing whack jobs they're always talking about and among the first that should have their guns confiscated.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, Pinko.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 00:16   #40
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Caught in the Middle
Posts: 42,044


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Remind them of what they don't like about the government and that they're advocating so hard to give a monopoly on the use of force to that same government... and the corporations that controls it. It's making them stop and think more than anything else I've tried.



FB post,


Political Issues


" I saw this yesterday and I rolled my eyes and blew it off as another right wing anti-occupy jab that needed no further consideration. Then I gave it further consideration. This is exactly what so many on the left are asking for. It may not be what they want but it's what they're asking for. So many times since this most recent shooting I've heard the cries that only police and military should have guns or should have "those types of guns". This is the police force that you want to hand more power to. This is what you're asking for, a police state that you will be completely powerless to resist no matter how far they go because you've happily and willingly disarmed yourselves and everyone else. You're trying your best to make sure that the agents of the rich and powerful get to have the big guns and we don't. You scream and cry for tougher gun restrictions for everyone but the elite that can get whatever they like.

You really don't want to do anything. You just want somebody else to do something. It's just like the right keeps saying about you."
Hypocrite for sure. The guy that votes for Mr. Big Government Gun Grabber for POTUS and wants socialized medicine to pay for his girlfriends medicine wants to preach to others about natural rights and big government.

What a joke.
__________________
I’m for law and order, the way that it should be. This song’s about the night they spent protecting you from me.” - Waylon Jennings
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:04.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,216
338 Members
878 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31