Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2013, 00:26   #41
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
I think TxGun was right in a way. This thread started as a way to argue with liberal gun banners which is actually working but it's real purpose seems to be to demonstrate that on GTPI the real concern isn't gun rights, it's finding every possible opportunity to ***** about liberals.

Go ahead fellas, keep up the exclusionary tactics and see how far that gets you.
You vote for a gun grabber, you're a gun grabber. No such thing as a pro gun liberal. Liberal gun owner, sure. Not a pro gun liberal. You can't vote for your big government social programs and vote for your second amendment rights at the same time.

I wouldn't call you a liberal, you've demonstrated that you're more in the Marxist bucket.

It has become obvious that people like you who can't understand that a government big enough to give you free healthcare and all sorts of social programs paid for with money confiscated from other people, is big enough to take away your guns.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:06   #42
beforeobamabans
FYPM

"This is the approach I'm taking with anti-gun people"

How about not voting for them?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin

Last edited by beforeobamabans; 01-26-2013 at 05:08..
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:07   #43
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I think TxGun was right in a way. This thread started as a way to argue with liberal gun banners which is actually working but it's real purpose seems to be to demonstrate that on GTPI the real concern isn't gun rights, it's finding every possible opportunity to ***** about liberals.

Go ahead fellas, keep up the exclusionary tactics and see how far that gets you.
On occasion, it helps to broaden your perspective. 8 years of Obama doesn't mean that there won't be a republican back in the White House. Look at the last 40 years. The death of both parties has been declared after just about every election.

Exclusionary tactics are exactly what we need. You are right that posters here are small potatoes, the purge needs to happen at the top of the party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-26-2013 at 06:08..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:13   #44
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
So you're telling me that never has a Democrat voted against gun control and never has a Republican voted for it? I beg to differ. I have voted for several Democrats that have a good 2A record and I had the pleasure of voting against a gun banning Republican in a recent presidential election. Sorry you guys couldn't come up with anyone better but it's about time you all started thinking about that and quit about it.
I'm telling you that at this moment the democrats are trying as hard as they can to bring a new AWB and the republicans are the exact reason they can't get what they want.
They have proven they don't give a crap about the opinions of an extremely small group of pro-gun democrats.
The person you voted for will disarm you as fast as he is allowed to.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:36   #45
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
So today on FB, in response to this crap,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2551592.html

"I think that should read "drug testing those that collect welfare and unemployment money." I don't have a problem with either of those ideas. Check them for alcohol and tobacco while they're at it and ask why they're not using that money to feed their kids. Make them pay for the test too.

It currently costs about the same to pay for taxes and fees and other requirements on a gun purchase and carry permit as the price of a decent handgun. That's a right guaranteed us in the constitution and twice reaffirmed by SCOTUS and we still have to pay to exercise it. Welfare, while necessary for those with no other option, is not a right but a privilege. Carry permits are good idea because it ensures that those that have them have met a minimum standard that puts them above criticism from opposition. You won't find a more law abiding group with cleaner backgrounds than carry permit holders unless you start looking at people with security clearance. Best that the people that tax dollars support meet a similar standard so that anyone that wants to paint them all as lazy and useless can be shut down with some pretty well known facts before they even get started.

But it shouldn't cost anyone $20 for a yearly drug test to ensure that taxpayer money isn't wasted? It was first proposed that only people that showed signs of using be tested but that was met with too many cries of potential for discrimination so now we'll have to test everybody. They're starting to talk about mandatory insurance for gun owners and I'm sure drug testing for gun owners will come up too. Sorry but I'm finding little sympathy for those on the dole that wouldn't test positive for being subjected to the indignity of a drug test when they'll have to suffer it as soon as they get a job anyway."
Actually, initial and random drug testing for welfare recipients, and unemployment benefits, is a very good idea......and, while we're at it......anyone who wants a driver's license, or ANYONE who takes our tax dollars for subsistence, ought to be included in that group. (fat chance in hell )

I don't believe I've ever seen any data on this, but I'd be willing to bet the illegal drug users are far more prevalent in the welfare sector, than the gainfully employed. Whether or not that is true has no bearing on the fact that our tax money is being used to pay for, or enable drug habits......as well as buy the votes necessary to perpetuate the drug abuse.

I have no problem with anyone who wishes to protect themselves and loved ones, owning, or purchasing a gun.....the need for survival is on par with the need to eat, shelter, and clothe, IMO.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

Last edited by hogship; 01-26-2013 at 06:43..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:55   #46
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogship View Post
Actually, initial and random drug testing for welfare recipients, and unemployment benefits, is a very good idea......and, while we're at it......anyone who wants a driver's license, or ANYONE who takes our tax dollars for subsistence, ought to be included in that group. (fat chance in hell )

I don't believe I've ever seen any data on this, but I'd be willing to bet the illegal drug users are far more prevalent in the welfare sector, than the gainfully employed. Whether or not that is true has no bearing on the fact that our tax money is being used to pay for, or enable drug habits......as well as buy the votes necessary to perpetuate the drug abuse.

I have no problem with anyone who wishes to protect themselves and loved ones, owning, or purchasing a gun.....the need for survival is on par with the need to eat, shelter, and clothe, IMO.

ooc
Just my own experience treating civilians in a hospital that also has a 400+ bed inpatient substance abuse treatment program (i work in another specialty, but while they are there, all their other medical issues are taken care of, and many of them are consulted to me.) I also see people just living in the community, that's probably a majority.

My own perspective is that there is a LARGE correlation between getting money for not working and recreational substance use. It's a chicken and the egg thing. Did the drug use make them unproductive and lazy? Were they unproductive and lazy before? Is being unproductive, dependent on others, and lazy a risk factor for substance abuse? That's a research project for someone else. But I have seen enough to be convinced that drug testing is a good idea for two reasons. First, it may convince some to go back to work if they aren't being supported and living a recreational lifestyle without having to work. I have no problems with recreational substance use if you can handle it and hold a job. And, if these guys are living on my dime, and they have left over money for drugs, booze and cigarettes, we are giving them too much.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-26-2013, 07:35   #47
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You vote for a gun grabber, you're a gun grabber. No such thing as a pro gun liberal. Liberal gun owner, sure. Not a pro gun liberal. You can't vote for your big government social programs and vote for your second amendment rights at the same time.

I wouldn't call you a liberal, you've demonstrated that you're more in the Marxist bucket.

It has become obvious that people like you who can't understand that a government big enough to give you free healthcare and all sorts of social programs paid for with money confiscated from other people, is big enough to take away your guns.
Correction, it's big enough to take away everything, including health care, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-26-2013, 08:29   #48
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
So you want to shoot them in the head because of who they voted for? Nice. Be sure to put that message out there loud and clear so they know that you're one of those angry right wing whack jobs they're always talking about and among the first that should have their guns confiscated.
Obama voters are the reason we need hi cap mags in the first place.

No one expect swarms of conservatives or libertarians to riot when the handouts stop.

Its folks like you that will demand their free subsistance, violently.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01   #49
whoflungdo

Quote:

No one expect swarms of conservatives or libertarians to riot when the handouts stop.

That is signature material right there..

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:03   #50
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:07   #51
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

Another pearl of wisdom

Barry has never been shy about trying to tip the scales in favor of his people (liberal leeches).

--Gunhaver