GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 15:42   #26
WarEagle32
Senior Member
 
WarEagle32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Prattville, AL
Posts: 1,958
Hell yes make that trade!! I have both. The 75B is most likely the best 9mm ever made. Also, 75's are really tough ough to find nowadays. The secret is almost out on them as to how awesome they are. You will be able to find ammo for the much easier for the 9mm.
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 18:37   #27
Bob Hafler
Senior Member
 
Bob Hafler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle32 View Post
Hell yes make that trade!! I have both. The 75B is most likely the best 9mm ever made. Also, 75's are really tough ough to find nowadays. The secret is almost out on them as to how awesome they are. You will be able to find ammo for the much easier for the 9mm.

Agree CZ's 75's are not a dime a dozen. There are many people looking for one and can't get them. There right at the top of the list of wonder 9's.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 18:57   #28
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hafler View Post
Agree CZ's 75's are not a dime a dozen. There are many people looking for one and can't get them. There right at the top of the list of wonder 9's.
Sure they are!

Beretta 92
Browning Hi Power
Glock
26
19
17
17L
34
Sig
H&K
Ruger
SR9
SR9C
P85
P89
Kahr cm9
cw9
K9

There are just a few off the top of my head, that some would have the opinion, are every bit as good of a 9, as is the CZ.

Also notice, not only is the CZ not at the top of the list, it didn't even make the list!

Keep the G20! If you start shooting it, a lot, there is no better 10MM on the market. Again the CZ is just one of a number of nice/good 9MM in the market.
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:03   #29
Bob Hafler
Senior Member
 
Bob Hafler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,205
http://www.best9mm.com/
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:22   #30
B_RAD
Senior Member
 
B_RAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW AR
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Sure they are!

Beretta 92 NO
Browning Hi Power NO
Glock
26 apples to oranges
19 YES
17 YES
17L apples to oranges
34 YES
Sig =
H&K =
Ruger
SR9 really?
SR9C really?
P85 NO
P89 NO
Kahr cm9 apples to oranges
cw9 apples to oranges
K9 apples to oranges

There are just a few off the top of my head, that some would have the opinion, are every bit as good of a 9, as is the CZ.

Also notice, not only is the CZ not at the top of the list, it didn't even make the list!

Keep the G20! If you start shooting it, a lot, there is no better 10MM on the market. Again the CZ is just one of a number of nice/good 9MM in the market.
The CZ is better than your top 2,IMO


Before any Hi Power fan boys start in. I love the Hi Power. Just like the ergos of the CZ better.
__________________
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled?
B_RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:31   #31
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


I'd trade that hunk of plastic for dishwasher safe steel any day.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:37   #32
B_RAD
Senior Member
 
B_RAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW AR
Posts: 1,171
The deal fell thru. However, I'm still probably going to sell the G20sf. It's not that the 10mm isn't a great round, it's just not something I want to get invested in. It's my only 10mm. I've got much more invested in other calibers. Don't want/need to add another.
__________________
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled?
B_RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:45   #33
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,865
I've got #22 on the list, the EAA Witness Polymer, and it takes the CZ 75 mags, so it's essentially the same gun in polymer.

I've also got a Glock 20 and 21sf, and I put the 20 upper on the 21sf frame. I had a 20sf 5 years ago

I would just save up and get the CZ.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 21:50   #34
CU4X4N
5th of November
 
CU4X4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a handbasket
Posts: 4,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
...There is no better 10MM than the G20!

Umm...

General Firearms Forum
Btw, Bac's picture came up when i searched for "Bren Ten"
__________________
.
You know nothing. In fact, you know less than nothing. If you knew that you knew nothing, then that would be something, but you don't. - Ben Harp

Last edited by CU4X4N; 01-25-2013 at 21:50..
CU4X4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:17   #35
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by CU4X4N View Post
Umm...

General Firearms Forum
Btw, Bac's picture came up when i searched for "Bren Ten"
Run 10K through it and get back with us.
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:26   #36
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_RAD View Post
The CZ is better than your top 2,IMO


Before any Hi Power fan boys start in. I love the Hi Power. Just like the ergos of the CZ better.
True perhaps, and remember you said, IMO! That's exactly what it comes down to. Don't get me wrong, I think the CZ 75, is a fabulous offering, in the 9MM family, of many.

My opinion, on trading a G20, for a CZ, is kind of like trading, a Harley Davidson for a Honda Whatever, or, someone asking, I know a dude that has a tacoma, should I trade my F250 Super Duty for it?
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:57   #37
Palouse
Lifetime Membership
The Resistance
 
Palouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,161
No, I wouldn't make that trade. But I'll trade you your 20SF for my 29SF. Wish I'd gotten the bigger pistol.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Time obliterates the fictions of opinion and confirms the decisions of nature.
-Marcus Tullius Cicero
Palouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:16   #38
purrrfect 10
Senior Member
 
purrrfect 10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Linden, Virginia
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_RAD View Post
You assume wrong. I'm talking about 10mm ammo. Those are true 10mm loads. Nothing's "wrong" with 10mm for HD/SD. I never said that. Without telling everyone my situation, I simply said I never would use it for those purposes.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
It is well known Glock 10mm is very hard to beat. For many reasons I would never sell or trade mine, for me is is my every day carry. Perhaps it is to much pistol for you if you even have a thought to sell it. There are many people who can't handle it. You might want to look into a 22 you might be able to handle that better or even 380 or 25 cal
KEEPING MINE FOR EVER FOR EVER
__________________
WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT, IT DETERMINES WHO IS LEFT
((((((((((((((((((((
THAT SAID ))))))))))))
I'm in the best condition I possibly can be ~ being in this condition...

Last edited by purrrfect 10; 01-26-2013 at 11:18..
purrrfect 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01   #39
WayneJessie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
Without a second thought.
Me too.
WayneJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10   #40
DannyB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 384
I had a CZ SP01 Tactical. It shot great, but weighed a ton and practically needed a bipod. It took foorrreeeevvvvvveerrr to sell it because it seems not one in ten people know what a CZ is. I guess they think it is a cubic zirconium.

Anyway, the CZ Koolaid was great. I loved the way it shot so much that I have had my eye out for either a CZ P-01 or P-06 compact. I got to shoot the P-01 and fell in love with it. The same guy had a P-07 and it shot great as well. But for plastic I'm a Glock guy 100%.
__________________
I like guns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:17   #41
SigFTW
Senior Member
 
SigFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 2,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I'd trade that hunk of plastic for dishwasher safe steel any day.
, I hear you, I don't like plastic gun ether but it would be hard to triad off a 10mm for a 9, but that just me.
__________________
Spent brass to me is like the ring to Gollum "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious"
SigFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:42   #42
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


There's no better 10mm handgun than a Glock?

The Smith&Wesson M610 revolver begs to differ.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:50   #43
blastfact
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,429
My G20 isn't going anywhere.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 14:26   #44
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
There's no better 10mm handgun than a Glock?

The Smith&Wesson M610 revolver begs to differ.
No begging necessary for giving an opinion. You are entitled to it! The G20 is hundreds less in price, and, more than double the capacity, and, for those reasons, alone, I'll take the G20. Not sure what you mean by better. More expensive? I guess you have me there. More durable? Not real sure the 610 would win that area. Accuracy? Not sure which would win in that either. The G20 is my choice for whitetail hunting and shoots plenty accurate for my needs. Although I will admit the 610 is on my wish list, and is being sought after. Again just my opinion.
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 15:21   #45
B_RAD
Senior Member
 
B_RAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW AR
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfect 10 View Post
Perhaps it is to much pistol for you if you even have a thought to sell it. There are many people who can't handle it.


Who said anything about it being "to much pistol" for me?

Quote:
You might want to look into a 22 you might be able to handle that better or even 380 or 25 cal:
Riiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhttttttt. Are you really that self conscious that you need to insult me for your insecurities?

By your post it seems like you're compensating for something.

You keep telling yourself how tuff you are because you carry a 10mm!
__________________
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled?
B_RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 15:25   #46
Mochahooligan
Senior Member
 
Mochahooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago West burbs
Posts: 851
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ummmmm NO!
__________________
Love my guns love my Monster 900. Is there anything else, oh yea love the wife my son, new daugehter and the puppy! Glock certified armorer.
Mochahooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 15:58   #47
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Sure they are!

Beretta 92
Browning Hi Power
Glock
26
19
17
17L
34
Sig
H&K
Ruger
SR9
SR9C
P85
P89
Kahr cm9
cw9
K9

There are just a few off the top of my head, that some would have the opinion, are every bit as good of a 9, as is the CZ.

Also notice, not only is the CZ not at the top of the list, it didn't even make the list!

Keep the G20! If you start shooting it, a lot, there is no better 10MM on the market. Again the CZ is just one of a number of nice/good 9MM in the market.
Must be rough, carrying that much wrong around everyday.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 16:09   #48
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Must be rough, carrying that much wrong around everyday.
Excuse me, are you an, authority, or, the, authority on this subject?
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 16:49   #49
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Excuse me, are you an, authority, or, the, authority on this subject?
Well I do own, and have owned several of the guns on your list and I do know the difference between a pocket auto and a full sized auto (and therefore know you can't compare a Mini-Cooper to a 3/4 ton pickup). I also know that just throwing out a band name like "Sig" does not make a decent comparison of similar models. By the way, on that issue, I got rid of a Sig 228 because the comparative CZ model was not only ergonomically better 9which, granted is a preference) but also more accurate from the bench with several brands of ammo. Interestingly I did use the money from the sale to fund a completely different Sig model which I like, but that just shows you the foolishness of simply throwing out a brand name.

(Odd note there. Sig produces a few models that are quite different in many respects, yet in you experience you lump them all together. OTOH you enumerate the Glocks and they only differ in size, Hmmmm)

Having lots of experience with Highpowers and CZs I do not have any qualms about stating, for a fact, that the CZs have been every bit as reliable and significantly more accurate. I have no problem in admitting that my CZ 75, is more comfortable to shoot and more accurate off hand than either of my highpowers.

In the world of opinion, I don't find the Beretta 92 to be as accurate as a CZ, and, in fact prefer the Taurus rendition because of the safety so I choose to keep that one. Not to merely pick on the design, but haven't you ever heard someone mention that, all the way around (grip included), the Beretta is a bit big for the round?

The Ruger DA/SA models are underrated underdogs to be sure and great values and in my experience utterly reliable but they lack the accuracy and you will note it took a few tries for the ergonomics to pick up.

The very fact that you did not include the any second or third generation S&W 9mms on your list gives room for doubt as to your qualifications as well.

There are also other 9mms that could compete quite well with your list that you obviously missed, from lack of experience?

Shall I continue?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 17:18   #50
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well I do own, and have owned several of the guns on your list and I do know the difference between a pocket auto and a full sized auto (and therefore know you can't compare a Mini-Cooper to a 3/4 ton pickup). I also know that just throwing out a band name like "Sig" does not make a decent comparison of similar models. By the way, on that issue, I got rid of a Sig 228 because the comparative CZ model was not only ergonomically better 9which, granted is a preference) but also more accurate from the bench with several brands of ammo. Interestingly I did use the money from the sale to fund a completely different Sig model which I like, but that just shows you the foolishness of simply throwing out a brand name.

(Odd note there. Sig produces a few models that are quite different in many respects, yet in you experience you lump them all together. OTOH you enumerate the Glocks and they only differ in size, Hmmmm)

Having lots of experience with Highpowers and CZs I do not have any qualms about stating, for a fact, that the CZs have been every bit as reliable and significantly more accurate. I have no problem in admitting that my CZ 75, is more comfortable to shoot and more accurate off hand than either of my highpowers.

In the world of opinion, I don't find the Beretta 92 to be as accurate as a CZ, and, in fact prefer the Taurus rendition because of the safety so I choose to keep that one. Not to merely pick on the design, but haven't you ever heard someone mention that, all the way around (grip included), the Beretta is a bit big for the round?

The Ruger DA/SA models are underrated underdogs to be sure and great values and in my experience utterly reliable but they lack the accuracy and you will note it took a few tries for the ergonomics to pick up.

The very fact that you did not include the any second or third generation S&W 9mms on your list gives room for doubt as to your qualifications as well.

There are also other 9mms that could compete quite well with your list that you obviously missed, from lack of experience?

Shall I continue?
First off WOW! Still not positive of which you are, and to what level authority you have. was hoping this wasn't just a richard skull moment, on your part, but that's out the window.

My experience with hi powers, rugers, sigs, and beretta, were favored over my cz 75 combat. Seems your experience was different. Thanks for voiving your opinion on the subject

Never claimed having any qualifications, just stating my opinion on the matter, and you are correct the smith lineup, was not mentioned, because, as you must have read, the list I made up, are what came to mind at the time. If it's important for you to continue your extensive writings of your vast knowledge, please answer the simple question if you are the, authority, or an, authority. Then again, it seems you are just stating an opinion on 9MM's and how you rank them.
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 958
307 Members
651 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42