SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2013, 13:17   #41
SigFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I'd trade that hunk of plastic for dishwasher safe steel any day.
, I hear you, I don't like plastic gun ether but it would be hard to triad off a 10mm for a 9, but that just me.
Old 01-26-2013, 13:42   #42
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

There's no better 10mm handgun than a Glock?

The Smith&Wesson M610 revolver begs to differ.
Old 01-26-2013, 13:50   #43
blastfact

My G20 isn't going anywhere.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 15:26   #44
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
There's no better 10mm handgun than a Glock?

The Smith&Wesson M610 revolver begs to differ.
No begging necessary for giving an opinion. You are entitled to it! The G20 is hundreds less in price, and, more than double the capacity, and, for those reasons, alone, I'll take the G20. Not sure what you mean by better. More expensive? I guess you have me there. More durable? Not real sure the 610 would win that area. Accuracy? Not sure which would win in that either. The G20 is my choice for whitetail hunting and shoots plenty accurate for my needs. Although I will admit the 610 is on my wish list, and is being sought after. Again just my opinion.
Old 01-26-2013, 16:21   #45
B_RAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfect 10 View Post
Perhaps it is to much pistol for you if you even have a thought to sell it. There are many people who can't handle it.

Who said anything about it being "to much pistol" for me?

Quote:
You might want to look into a 22 you might be able to handle that better or even 380 or 25 cal:
Riiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhttttttt. Are you really that self conscious that you need to insult me for your insecurities?

By your post it seems like you're compensating for something.

You keep telling yourself how tuff you are because you carry a 10mm!
Old 01-26-2013, 16:25   #46
Mochahooligan

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ummmmm NO!
Old 01-26-2013, 16:58   #47
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Sure they are!

Beretta 92
Browning Hi Power
Glock
17L
Sig
H&K
Ruger
SR9
SR9C
P85
P89
Kahr cm9
cw9
K9

There are just a few off the top of my head, that some would have the opinion, are every bit as good of a 9, as is the CZ.

Also notice, not only is the CZ not at the top of the list, it didn't even make the list!

Keep the G20! If you start shooting it, a lot, there is no better 10MM on the market. Again the CZ is just one of a number of nice/good 9MM in the market.
Must be rough, carrying that much wrong around everyday.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 17:09   #48
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Must be rough, carrying that much wrong around everyday.
Excuse me, are you an, authority, or, the, authority on this subject?
Old 01-26-2013, 17:49   #49
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Excuse me, are you an, authority, or, the, authority on this subject?
Well I do own, and have owned several of the guns on your list and I do know the difference between a pocket auto and a full sized auto (and therefore know you can't compare a Mini-Cooper to a 3/4 ton pickup). I also know that just throwing out a band name like "Sig" does not make a decent comparison of similar models. By the way, on that issue, I got rid of a Sig 228 because the comparative CZ model was not only ergonomically better 9which, granted is a preference) but also more accurate from the bench with several brands of ammo. Interestingly I did use the money from the sale to fund a completely different Sig model which I like, but that just shows you the foolishness of simply throwing out a brand name.

(Odd note there. Sig produces a few models that are quite different in many respects, yet in you experience you lump them all together. OTOH you enumerate the Glocks and they only differ in size, Hmmmm)

Having lots of experience with Highpowers and CZs I do not have any qualms about stating, for a fact, that the CZs have been every bit as reliable and significantly more accurate. I have no problem in admitting that my CZ 75, is more comfortable to shoot and more accurate off hand than either of my highpowers.

In the world of opinion, I don't find the Beretta 92 to be as accurate as a CZ, and, in fact prefer the Taurus rendition because of the safety so I choose to keep that one. Not to merely pick on the design, but haven't you ever heard someone mention that, all the way around (grip included), the Beretta is a bit big for the round?

The Ruger DA/SA models are underrated underdogs to be sure and great values and in my experience utterly reliable but they lack the accuracy and you will note it took a few tries for the ergonomics to pick up.

The very fact that you did not include the any second or third generation S&W 9mms on your list gives room for doubt as to your qualifications as well.

There are also other 9mms that could compete quite well with your list that you obviously missed, from lack of experience?

Shall I continue?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 18:18   #50
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well I do own, and have owned several of the guns on your list and I do know the difference between a pocket auto and a full sized auto (and therefore know you can't compare a Mini-Cooper to a 3/4 ton pickup). I also know that just throwing out a band name like "Sig" does not make a decent comparison of similar models. By the way, on that issue, I got rid of a Sig 228 because the comparative CZ model was not only ergonomically better 9which, granted is a preference) but also more accurate from the bench with several brands of ammo. Interestingly I did use the money from the sale to fund a completely different Sig model which I like, but that just shows you the foolishness of simply throwing out a brand name.

(Odd note there. Sig produces a few models that are quite different in many respects, yet in you experience you lump them all together. OTOH you enumerate the Glocks and they only differ in size, Hmmmm)

Having lots of experience with Highpowers and CZs I do not have any qualms about stating, for a fact, that the CZs have been every bit as reliable and significantly more accurate. I have no problem in admitting that my CZ 75, is more comfortable to shoot and more accurate off hand than either of my highpowers.

In the world of opinion, I don't find the Beretta 92 to be as accurate as a CZ, and, in fact prefer the Taurus rendition because of the safety so I choose to keep that one. Not to merely pick on the design, but haven't you ever heard someone mention that, all the way around (grip included), the Beretta is a bit big for the round?

The Ruger DA/SA models are underrated underdogs to be sure and great values and in my experience utterly reliable but they lack the accuracy and you will note it took a few tries for the ergonomics to pick up.

The very fact that you did not include the any second or third generation S&W 9mms on your list gives room for doubt as to your qualifications as well.

There are also other 9mms that could compete quite well with your list that you obviously missed, from lack of experience?

Shall I continue?
First off WOW! Still not positive of which you are, and to what level authority you have. was hoping this wasn't just a richard skull moment, on your part, but that's out the window.

My experience with hi powers, rugers, sigs, and beretta, were favored over my cz 75 combat. Seems your experience was different. Thanks for voiving your opinion on the subject

Never claimed having any qualifications, just stating my opinion on the matter, and you are correct the smith lineup, was not mentioned, because, as you must have read, the list I made up, are what came to mind at the time. If it's important for you to continue your extensive writings of your vast knowledge, please answer the simple question if you are the, authority, or an, authority. Then again, it seems you are just stating an opinion on 9MM's and how you rank them.
Old 01-26-2013, 22:43   #51
TexasVine

Keep the G20sf and buy a CZ 75B. Both are great guns.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:47   #52
Glock40man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVine View Post
Keep the G20sf and buy a CZ 75B. Both are great guns.
Old 01-27-2013, 17:41   #53
nostalgiaguy

In a few more days (If not now) you could trade just one of the magazines that came with your Glock 20 for the cost of the CZ even.
Levity my friends. :-)
nostalgiaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:58   #54
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_RAD View Post
I like my G20sf but never shoot it. I've got a trade offer for a CZ 75B ( test fire in 96). With night sights (probably dim by now) plus $50. Would you make the trade? The 10mm is awesome. So I'm a little reluctant to get rid of it.

Opinions please.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I love the CZ75, but I never trade guns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41   #55
Bob Hafler

It's pretty simple really take any 9mm pistol in the CZ's price range and shoot it, then shoot the CZ, and you'll see that they are simply the best 9mm in that price range.
I never quite got this whole 10mm thing anyway. It would seem to me that if I can't stop a threat with a 9mm, or blow the inners out whatever Im shooting at with a 45 caliber hollow point out of a 1911. I'm in the wrong area to begin with, and should have brought one of my rifles or shotguns.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:57   #56
KoshTHX

I would.
But I don't have a CZ75B to trade you.
KoshTHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:16   #57
.45Super-Man

I would.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27   #58
RYT 2BER

I have 2 g20's and a g29. I don't plan on selling them ever. I also have all steel full size baby eagles (similar to the cZ)in 9mm and 40 and they are outstanding.

Bottom line for me it is a tough comparison as in my mind they serve different purposes. I'm not carrying an all steel gun.

I thing the 20 is about as awesome as it gets but if you don't give a crap about 10mm then I guess what's the point of having it?