SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2013, 21:29   #1
emt1581
Curious Member

Why is uniting so hard?

I've been pretty busy lately. Lots of reading, learning, buying and trading. I'm one of the lucky ones. Have not overpaid for any of the things I'm buying, but I'm not buying guns/ammo/mags either.

One of the things I've tried getting people to talk about is how/when/if they would unite if the SHTF post-AWB as things got progressively worse.

The media seems to have backed off a LOT on the issue of guns...but look at the potential of what may come...

1) Semi-auto/STANDARD cap mag ban.
2) National Registry thanks to universal background checks.
3) US citizens able to be killed by the gov ON US SOIL.
4) Armed drones in our skies.
And there are plenty of other issues we are being faced with.

Anyway, people across the board seem to be pretty puckered. Ammo is being traded like Gold. Gun stores are bare. And everyone is talking about how they won't give up their guns and it's time to take a stand...but yet NO ONE will talk about the process of uniting....not even the PROCESS!!!...let alone actually doing it!

Most will talk about standing up for their freedom/family/etc...but then they wave their white flag with the standard "don't talk about this on the interwebs" statement. Really?? How's that gonna work for ya when the SHTF?!? Better have one hell of a group ready to help each other out and equipped to do so.

I'm VERY well stocked. I have more on the way. But I'll be the first to admit, without support from like-minded individuals, we're toast!

I'm done asking questions on the issue because it never leads anywhere constructive. I'm just shocked at how much people will prepare except to put their preps to use!

Shame on us for being so scared and short sighted!

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 22:05   #2
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

This site is a great place to screen people, get to know them and let them get to know you through your posts, and then meet for real.

It's a long process but true character will show through over time...even over the internet.

Keep in mind that this site is a PUBLIC forum and it's not hard to track down someone's identity from the web.

Use this forum as a tool and not a platform.

Network. Network. Network.

I've met several current and former members from this site and have established mutual aid agreements but I'm VERY picky about meeting someone for real.

JMO and YMMV
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
actionshooter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 22:23   #3
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionshooter10 View Post
This site is a great place to screen people, get to know them and let them get to know you through your posts, and then meet for real.

It's a long process but true character will show through over time...even over the internet.

Keep in mind that this site is a PUBLIC forum and it's not hard to track down someone's identity from the web.

Use this forum as a tool and not a platform.

Network. Network. Network.

I've met several current and former members from this site and have established mutual aid agreements but I'm VERY picky about meeting someone for real.

JMO and YMMV
Network...HA!!

Want to know something freaky?!? Just last month I was talking over on ARF.com ... after going back and forth a few times I came to find out he lived 5 houses away from me. Great guy that would give you the shirt off his back. Unfortunately he's been here a lot longer than I have and he said we are pretty much the only ones here that are like-minded. Not even any other real shooters.

I agree with what you are saying to a point. If we are willing to show off our new guns, talk about our preps, etc...why in the hell should talking about defending ourselves against a massive force be any different!?! Isn't that the same mentality that holds us down when the crap does finally hit the fan?

I'm in decent shape, well equipped, and I've been doing my best to study up on a lot of different things I may find useful in the future. But I'm not formally trained. No real ordinance. But you put enough people like me together and we'll give you a run for your money.

However, if we know nothing about applying strategy, communicating, etc. as it relates to battle, we're pretty much fish in a barrel to an extent.

-Emt1581
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11   #4
Manco

We need to establish committees of correspondence. :-)
Manco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06   #5
Ronaldo
Ancient Member

I think that most concerned patriotic individuals are observing the First Rule of Fight Club. With all the close observation and paranoia of the current illegal regime, intelligent persons are cautious in their communications with others.

Ronaldo, not talking about Fight Club

'Blood and Chocolate - in the dark, you can't tell the difference'
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11   #6
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Q: How do you spot the FBI in your militia/klan/whatever group?

A: They are the only ones who pay dues.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:42   #7
WT

During the Vietnam War there were a lot of anti-war groups in the USA. Many were infiltrated by the FBI. Usually the group leader was an FBI informant.

The US Army Military Police Corps infiltrated college campuses, noting the names of activists.

During WWII the French underground found that a 4 man cell was pretty secure. Once you had more than 4 men in a cell, the risk of being betrayed escalated exponentially.

Look at history. Look at the Hungarian Insurrection of 1956. It was bad, bad, bad!

What went on in the past will give you a pretty good idea of what could happen in the future.
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:31   #8
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

People are a lot more distrusting than before thanks to the urbanization and sprawl that allows everyone to exist without dealing much with other people in social ways like the neighborhoods of yore. It carries over in every aspect of life.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 15:14   #9
gnepig
Remember

I know what you mean, I talk about this with others to see who's on board or to get them thinkin about things and all I get is "I'm goin to your house when the SHTF". In the mean time I've blown any OPSEC from a buch of people who could care less during the easy times.
Seems like the only people here that will have any organization will be the street gangs.
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 17:09   #10
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I think that most concerned patriotic individuals are observing the First Rule of Fight Club. With all the close observation and paranoia of the current illegal regime, intelligent persons are cautious in their communications with others.

Ronaldo, not talking about Fight Club
But this is what I'm talking about!!! Now in person, at the lunch table at work, fine.... but online, at the gun club, etc...why not?!?!

Are we just magically going to develop ESP and coordinate when the SHTF?? ...With zero training and zero experience?!?

Fail to prepare and we prepare to fail!

-Emt1581
Old 02-11-2013, 17:12   #11
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post
During the Vietnam War there were a lot of anti-war groups in the USA. Many were infiltrated by the FBI. Usually the group leader was an FBI informant.

The US Army Military Police Corps infiltrated college campuses, noting the names of activists.

During WWII the French underground found that a 4 man cell was pretty secure. Once you had more than 4 men in a cell, the risk of being betrayed escalated exponentially.

Look at history. Look at the Hungarian Insurrection of 1956. It was bad, bad, bad!

What went on in the past will give you a pretty good idea of what could happen in the future.
And if we don't do it, look at WWII Eastern/Europe to see what will happen. I'd rather be cautious and have a chance than silent and face much more serious consequences later.

-Emt1581
Old 02-11-2013, 17:15   #12
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnepig View Post
I know what you mean, I talk about this with others to see who's on board or to get them thinkin about things and all I get is "I'm goin to your house when the SHTF". In the mean time I've blown any OPSEC from a buch of people who could care less during the easy times.
Seems like the only people here that will have any organization will be the street gangs.
I work with the street gangs every day...they end up in my facility for doing bad/dumb stuff. No way in hell they make it in bad times!!!

Now your more organized and larger gangs, yeah, they'd be the threat.

However, it doesn't have to be that way!! Even if we all start talking about it to our best shooting buds, introduce the idea and just BS about it...at least it's out there! Gets the ball rolling ya know?

Or we can all just sit in our little flock, pissing and moaning just not planning for this one specific issue/situation and act like we're shocked when it comes to fruition!

-Emt1581
Old 02-11-2013, 17:19   #13
emt1581
Curious Member

I will say this....I've been quite curious to know whether or not there is an informal type of organization that IS planning and talking? I mean not a militia that dresses up and jumps through tires on the weekends...but just a forum or organization of some sort that's members have a mutual agreement to support each other when the SHTF.

THAT would be perfect!! Let's the police be a part of it, let the FBI "infiltrate" it. Wouldn't be illegal, though they could spin it that way if they wanted....but at least there'd be the understanding, that masses would subscribe to of the molon labe mentality.

-Emt1581
Old 02-11-2013, 18:27   #14
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
Network...HA!!

Want to know something freaky?!? Just last month I was talking over on ARF.com ... after going back and forth a few times I came to find out he lived 5 houses away from me. Great guy that would give you the shirt off his back. Unfortunately he's been here a lot longer than I have and he said we are pretty much the only ones here that are like-minded. Not even any other real shooters.

I agree with what you are saying to a point. If we are willing to show off our new guns, talk about our preps, etc...why in the hell should talking about defending ourselves against a massive force be any different!?! Isn't that the same mentality that holds us down when the crap does finally hit the fan?

I'm in decent shape, well equipped, and I've been doing my best to study up on a lot of different things I may find useful in the future. But I'm not formally trained. No real ordinance. But you put enough people like me together and we'll give you a run for your money.

However, if we know nothing about applying strategy, communicating, etc. as it relates to battle, we're pretty much fish in a barrel to an extent.

-Emt1581

There goes his credibility.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:30   #15
gnepig
Remember

Quote:
I will say this....I've been quite curious to know whether or not there is an informal type of organization that IS planning and talking? I mean not a militia that dresses up and jumps through tires on the weekends...but just a forum or organization of some sort that's members have a mutual agreement to support each other when the SHTF.

THAT would be perfect!! Let's the police be a part of it, let the FBI "infiltrate" it. Wouldn't be illegal, though they could spin it that way if they wanted....but at least there'd be the understanding, that masses would subscribe to of the molon labe mentality.

-Emt1581

Yes This,

We have a local group but they have recently gotten some local press, that kinda ends it for me.
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:31   #16
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnepig View Post
Street gangs will fall apart at the first sign of infighting or people fighting back and taking out a few members. They are not that organized and have loyalties that only last as long as it is convenient and lucrative.
lawman800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:44   #17
farmer-dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Q: How do you spot the FBI in your militia/klan/whatever group?

A: They are the only ones who pay dues.
I laughed hard at that one.

I always thought the plan was to meet in texas in the winter but possibly montana in the summer, unless their were earthquake swarms at yellowstone.
Old 02-12-2013, 13:06   #18
John Rambo
Raven

Because I won't be uniting with any of you. I'll be uniting with family and friends who I feel I can trust. Its nothign personal, its just that theres a weight limit to my post-apocalyptic SHTF club.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 13:47   #19
Dexters

Quote:
I've been pretty busy lately. Lots of reading, learning, buying and trading. I'm one of the lucky ones. Have not overpaid for any of the things I'm buying, but I'm not buying guns/ammo/mags either.

One of the things I've tried getting people to talk about is how/when/if they would unite if the SHTF post-AWB as things got progressively worse.

The media seems to have backed off a LOT on the issue of guns...but look at the potential of what may come...

1) Semi-auto/STANDARD cap mag ban.
2) National Registry thanks to universal background checks.
3) US citizens able to be killed by the gov ON US SOIL.
4) Armed drones in our skies.
And there are plenty of other issues we are being faced with.

Anyway, people across the board seem to be pretty puckered. Ammo is being traded like Gold. Gun stores are bare. And everyone is talking about how they won't give up their guns and it's time to take a stand...but yet NO ONE will talk about the process of uniting....not even the PROCESS!!!...let alone actually doing it!

Most will talk about standing up for their freedom/family/etc...but then they wave their white flag with the standard "don't talk about this on the interwebs" statement. Really?? How's that gonna work for ya when the SHTF?!? Better have one hell of a group ready to help each other out and equipped to do so.

I'm VERY well stocked. I have more on the way. But I'll be the first to admit, without support from like-minded individuals, we're toast!

I'm done asking questions on the issue because it never leads anywhere constructive. I'm just shocked at how much people will prepare except to put their preps to use!

Shame on us for being so scared and short sighted!

-Emt1581
Good topic EMT. I think part of the issue is that people prep for different reasons and different expectations.

And, even if people prep for the same reason, it doesn't mean you will get along and then you might have to deal with their family and you may not want to associate with them. So, the number of people to work together becomes very small.

Then there is the security issue. Once you tell one person a secrete it will get out.

I think we all know working with others is preferred but, it is hard to find those others.
Old 02-12-2013, 14:07   #20
FriarTuck

"Why is uniting so hard?"

Quote:
I've been pretty busy lately.
Well, you made a start at answering your own question, no?

Plus what action shooter 10, ronaldo, chute the mall, WT, lawman 800, gnepig, and john rambo said concerning the issue of trust. How do you meet like-minded and trustworthy people?

In the Army in the sixties, our company commander, a lieutenant from Texas, advised us that when we got out of the service and were looking for Miss Right (to settle down and raise a family), we probably shouldn't go looking for her in some bar. It would be better to search for her at church, he reasoned.

That might be a good place to start looking for like-minded patriots. But be careful; not all churchgoers are as dependable and good at resisting temptation as would be hoped. How about your neighbors? Maybe some folks at the range, or NRA meetings? Family? Old friends? A Christian from Pakistan told me years ago that by allowing Muslims to immigrate into the West in large numbers, we were destroying trust in society. But I guess that happened earlier when Marxists got a toehold.

The Bible advises, "Be as wise as serpents". But at least we can take comfort in knowing that the good guys win in the end.
FriarTuck is offline   Reply With Quote