Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:34   #51
NCHeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecop203 View Post
Blue Label
Sold to Law Enforcement and bunches of others at a discount price that are on a list that I don't have at the moment.

Red Label
Glock Refurbished. Possibly a Police trade in that has been gone through and refurbished and re-labeled by Glock and re-sold. Nothing wrong with it.

White Label
Factory Glocks sold at the regular price to civilians or those who are not on "the list" at full price.
Did you make this up or do you have a source to site. Guess the last 2 brand new GLOCKS I bought are actually refurbished.

NRA certified RSO
NRA Instructor for pistol, rifle and shotgun
NRA Instructor for PPIH and PPOH
NCHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:46   #52
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
Did you make this up or do you have a source to site. Guess the last 2 brand new GLOCKS I bought are actually refurbished.
I think his Screen name says it all. It's frustrating to hear Internet rumors thrown out as fact. Even worse to hear new shooters believe them.

1) racking a shotgun will scare away intruders. Stupid.
2) you don't need to aim a shotgun. Irresponsible and stupid.
3) a CCW class is all the training you need. Silly.
4) empty chamber carry is the safest method. Dangerous.
5) 9mm is all I need against bad guys cuz I'll just put my shots right where I want them.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57   #53
Slingnasty

I have purchased two NIB Glocks niether one came with 3 maqs ,I was unaware that it was supposed to .Thanks for the info. this will not happen to me a 3rd time.
Slingnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 13:20   #54
cmb

I have a new 27 'ordered', my gunshop doesn't have their gen 4's yet. Would the 27 come with 3 mags or did I hear the subcompacts only have 2?
cmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 13:23   #55
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingnasty View Post
I have purchased two NIB Glocks niether one came with 3 maqs ,I was unaware that it was supposed to .Thanks for the info. this will not happen to me a 3rd time.
Long story short - if it's supposed to come with 3 mags, that's what will be printed on the box label; if it's supposed to come with 2 mags, that will be printed on the label. Simple as that.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 13:26   #56
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb View Post
I have a new 27 'ordered', my gunshop doesn't have their gen 4's yet. Would the 27 come with 3 mags or did I hear the subcompacts only have 2?
27 Gen3s come with 2 mags, 27 Gen4s with 3 mags. Read the label and make sure you get the quantity that the label says that Glock packed inside.

Moto seemed to get 3 mags (on his label) with a Red Label Gen3 G23. I don't know why unless Glock has become philanthropic lately.
Old 01-27-2013, 13:46   #57
basicblues

There should be penalties for dealers who participate in this type of thief.

thief

A person who steals, especially secretly or without open force.
basicblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 13:54   #58
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by basicblues View Post
There should be penalties for dealers who participate in this type of thief.

thief

A person who steals, especially secretly or without open force.
They participate in verbs or adverbs. They are nouns.

Last edited by SARDG; 01-27-2013 at 13:55..
Old 01-27-2013, 14:04   #59
Nightkast22

I'm not sure if Mega Sports is doing that in IL, but they wouldn't let anyone buy glock magazines unless you bought a gun from them. I thought that was really crappy and they marked them up a ton.

Last edited by Nightkast22; 01-27-2013 at 14:04..
Nightkast22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 14:47   #60
basicblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAG View Post
They participate in verbs or adverbs. They are nouns.
Yep! Thief, Theft and Thievery all nouns. Speaking directly of the dealers who have stolen unjustly.
basicblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 20:02   #61
chemcmndr

The first blue label Glock I bought was a Gen 3 G34 earlier this month. When I opened it up to look, it had four 17 round magazines. Needless to say, I didn't question it.
chemcmndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 20:29   #62
JLe˛dhas
Alba gu brÓth!!

Thanks for sharing this. I am going tomorrow to get me a G23 Gen4 pistol. I decided last week to get one, I will make sure I get three mags with it.

Last edited by JLe˛dhas; 01-27-2013 at 20:30..
JLe˛dhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 22:05   #63
spcwes

We had a gunshop do something very much the same. The shop did not have a LE distributorship of Sigs and I being the nice LE I am brought in our rep to set them up. It didn't cost them a thing and we could at the time buy 220, 229, and 226 handguns for $685 with siglite ns and 3 mags direct.

I was there when the rep came in to explain the conditions of the sales and how the LE guns could be sold to individuals at full MSRP or what ever the shop wanted to make which the LE guns gave them a MUCH larger profit margin to begin with. The other condition was great, if a LE, EMT or FF purchased the weapon with proper id they got them at LE price and there was a big fat period put on that.

The woman that owned the store needed a buy in so about 9 officers purchased sigs so she could get it and she took orders from everyone and had them shipped and then charged everyone $859.00 per gun. Most ate the extra charge but she explained to us she could not charge less because of the extra charges for NS and the additional magazine which came at ZERO charge to her. Her normal dealer price was over $700 before this deal.

She lost her LE dealership in less than a month. Also she was taking one of the 3 mags out of the case and selling them on the side for like $30 each on civilian deals.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-

Last edited by spcwes; 01-28-2013 at 07:50..
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:15   #64
cowboy1964

Took them long enough.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53   #65
IllinoisGun

Buyer beware.

And crooked gun shops should be ashamed of themselves. Shame, shame!
IllinoisGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42   #66
ERay

OK at the risk of being hanged here I am going to add a little perspective from the gun dealers side. I ran a gun shop last year. While I have never removed the extra mag from a Glock, I used to keep two Ruger P95 pistols in the case. The tag on one said $325 with two mags. The tag on the other said $299 with one mag. Many customers are not gunpeople and only want an affordable handgun for home protection. They prefer the lower price over the extra mag. My cost was $280 so there was no way I could stay open and sell it with two mags for $299. Sold more of the $299 guns than the $325 guns and never lost a nights sleep.
ERay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 15:50   #67
cmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERay View Post
OK at the risk of being hanged here I am going to add a little perspective from the gun dealers side. I ran a gun shop last year. While I have never removed the extra mag from a Glock, I used to keep two Ruger P95 pistols in the case. The tag on one said $325 with two mags. The tag on the other said $299 with one mag. Many customers are not gunpeople and only want an affordable handgun for home protection. They prefer the lower price over the extra mag. My cost was $280 so there was no way I could stay open and sell it with two mags for $299. Sold more of the $299 guns than the $325 guns and never lost a nights sleep.
You weren't STEALING mags that were supposed to be included in the price.You were offering buyers a choice and charged accordingly.I printed a few of Glock's letters. When I pick up my Gen 4, if there's only 2 mags ,all I'm gonna do "first" ,is push the letter across the counter to the shop owner; what happens next is HIS choice.
cmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:32   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb View Post
if there's only 2 mags ,all I'm gonna do "first" ,is push the letter across the counter to the shop owner; what happens next is HIS choice.
I like your style, I was thinking the same thing
1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 20:02   #69
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper

Quote:
Blue Label
Sold to Law Enforcement and bunches of others at a discount price that are on a list that I don't have at the moment.

Red Label
Glock Refurbished. Possibly a Police trade in that has been gone through and refurbished and re-labeled by Glock and re-sold. Nothing wrong with it.

White Label
Factory Glocks sold at the regular price to civilians or those who are not on "the list" at full price.
WRONG!
blue label is 3 full capacity mags for the selected groups
red label through gen3 was two full capacity mags
white label came with 2 ten or less round mags
flaws with this system: I dont know what models 30, 36, 37, 38, and 39 come labeled as since they are full capacity at under 10 rounds
Blue labels also may come with 2 mags if they are sub compact.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12   #70
Firecop203

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
That is what the Glock instructor told the class at the last Armorers school I went to.
ôNeither cold, nor darkness will deter good people from hastening to the dreadful place to quench the flame. They do it not for the sake of reward or fame; but they have a reward in themselves, and they love one another.ö
Benjamin Franklin
Firecop203 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:45   #71
SARDG

Quote:
That is what the Glock instructor told the class at the last Armorers school I went to.
I think you misunderstood. Who was the instructor?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49   #72
AIRASSAULT18B

Quote:
Now you can inform him of his error.
AIRASSAULT18B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:08   #73
NCHeel

Quote:
Sounds like a misunderstanding, who was the instructor so we can verify he has the correct info?

NRA certified RSO
NRA Instructor for pistol, rifle and shotgun
NRA Instructor for PPIH and PPOH
NCHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:30   #74
LibertyToad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah58 View Post
There was a guy that posted recently that he had bought a gen 4 that should have had 3 hicap mags and came with 2 10 rounders, he was asked the name of the LGS but he wouldn't give it up. This would stop me from buying from them ever again. I would like to see Glock start pulling dealerships and posting the names of the thieves that are stealing from the customers. Like they are not already overcharging for everything now anyway. I know there are a few good ones left but most are pure crooks.

Eli
That's a shame. He's protecting the LGS that cheated him. I don't understand that at all.....
LibertyToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:19   #75
KI0HO

Dealers...

I just picked up a G-21 at Pistol Plus in Osage beach Mo. and it had two 13 round mags with it...... ......The wife and I both felt right comfortable in the shop,very plesant folks to work with........still waiting on her G19......

The shop was very clean, and welcoming......and seemed to us to be very well stocked....would recomend them to anyone in the area......
KI0HO is offline   Reply With Quote