Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 13:45   #61
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I can't answer that question. I didn't go through basic in '97.
My point is, I don't ever recall seeing NIW Colt A2's being handed out to Privates for BRM or conducting any course of fire (live or blanks) where we weren't instructed on proper lubrication beforehand, or meticulous cleaning afterwards. They were made reliable by some form of company level armorer, and kept up by end user participation, not by "Colt magic" like you seem to be peddling. And I have serious doubts that weapons cycled through controlled BRM aren't held to some round based maintenance program because of 9/11.

Maybe someone here attached to a training company can share some input on this subject.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."

Last edited by LA_357SIG; 01-28-2013 at 13:46..
LA_357SIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 15:14   #62
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
My point is, I don't ever recall seeing NIW Colt A2's being handed out to Privates for BRM or conducting any course of fire (live or blanks) where we weren't instructed on proper lubrication beforehand, or meticulous cleaning afterwards. They were made reliable by some form of company level armorer, and kept up by end user participation, not by "Colt magic" like you seem to be peddling. And I have serious doubts that weapons cycled through controlled BRM aren't held to some round based maintenance program because of 9/11.

Maybe someone here attached to a training company can share some input on this subject.
You are tiring. At what time did anyone claim NIW, NIB, straight from FN/Colt? Your non related (to the thread topic) posts are boring and a waste of bandwidth.

You have no idea of the proceedures in place while I was in basic and have no way of knowing. You're attempting to argue assumptions.

Stick to the facts.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 15:59   #63
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You are tiring. At what time did anyone claim NIW, NIB, straight from FN/Colt? Your non related (to the thread topic) posts are boring and a waste of bandwidth.

You have no idea of the proceedures in place while I was in basic and have no way of knowing. You're attempting to argue assumptions.

Stick to the facts.
Lol. I'm tiring? Okay. Let's stick to "facts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Highly doubt this has anything to do w/ it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to lubricate a firearm. All it takes for an AR to run reliably is lubrication. It has been proven time and again that M4/M16/AR will run with no cleaning for tens of thousands of rounds as long as you keep them lubricated.

How many Colts are put in the hands of "noobs?" Tens of thousands daily? I was one of them. I had a M16A4 placed in my hands and it functioned reliably even though I had never even seen one in my life before then. I wonder how many new recruits fresh off the street have the same experience. I bet it's a huge number.

A DPMS is a good $500-$600 AR.
Your continuous failed attempts at milspec rhetoric are equally tiring. The "fact" that you claim Colt is reliable on nothing more than its brand name in an environment like a US military training installation, that clueless noobs can just pick one up and start blasting away with no instruction or maintenance support is just as asinine as you many other ill advised and short sighted posts. But I do applaud your consistency in which every time you are questioned and cannot back up what you say, you go directly into diversionary tactics to hide the fact that you really have nothing worthwhile to contribute except what you read already posted from like-minded self appointed authorities..... OR your over-inflated ego once again outweighed your weak cognitive skills.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 16:30   #64
K. Foster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mo.
Posts: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy b View Post
i'm just tired of hearing how everything but colts are junk.
Please provide a link to where somebody on this sub forum said that.
__________________
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional trains until he can't get it wrong.
K. Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 16:57   #65
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
Lol. I'm tiring? Okay. Let's stick to "facts."



Your continuous failed attempts at milspec rhetoric are equally tiring. The "fact" that you claim Colt is reliable on nothing more than its brand name in an environment like a US military training installation, that clueless noobs can just pick one up and start blasting away with no instruction or maintenance support is just as asinine as you many other ill advised and short sighted posts. But I do applaud your consistency in which every time you are questioned and cannot back up what you say, you go directly into diversionary tactics to hide the fact that you really have nothing worthwhile to contribute except what you read already posted from like-minded self appointed authorities..... OR your over-inflated ego once again outweighed your weak cognitive skills.
LOL, I love it when people start slinging insults. It's an indicator that they're having a hard time keeping their head above water.

I'm curious. Doesn't one have to openly state they are an authority in order to be a self appointed authority? I have yet to see this done.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 17:29   #66
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
LOL, I love it when people start slinging insults. It's an indicator that they're having a hard time keeping their head above water.

I'm curious. Doesn't one have to openly state they are an authority in order to be a self appointed authority? I have yet to see this done.
Which part was an insult? You have proven time and time again to blow simple things that you either misunderstand or a threat to your ego out of proportion.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 17:38   #67
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
Which part was an insult? You have proven time and time again to blow simple things that you either misunderstand or a threat to your ego out of proportion.
As my 4 y/o would say, "Boring."
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 17:51   #68
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular
 
LA_357SIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Not Los Angeles.
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
As my 4 y/o would say, "Boring."
Sounds like you hear that a lot yourself. And just like a 4 year old, you think getting the last word in wins an argument. No matter how irrelevant or childish it is.
__________________
"If I was you I would keep it just like it is... and shoot the **** out of it until something breaks. Then replace whatever it is and keep shooting."
LA_357SIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:04   #69
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
Sounds like you hear that a lot yourself. And just like a 4 year old, you think getting the last word in wins an argument. No matter how irrelevant or childish it is.
LOL. Says ^this guy.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 00:04   #70
duncan
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
duncan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,978


MY SHTF rifle is a DPMS Panther - was a Alameda County Sheriff police trade-in from their SWAT group. Couple thousand rounds and just as reliable as my other "brand" ARs.
__________________
The Seattle SharpShooter - G27/33, G19, G29, G20, G21, G34, G35
Reload .223, 9mm, 40SW, 357 SIG, 10mm, 44Mag, 45 ACP Lately?
duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:40   #71
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan View Post
MY SHTF rifle is a DPMS Panther - was a Alameda County Sheriff police trade-in from their SWAT group. Couple thousand rounds and just as reliable as my other "brand" ARs.
In what capasity are these just as reliable?
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50   #72
tampashooters
Shellback
 
tampashooters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
In what capasity are these just as reliable?
In what capacity are they not?
__________________
Member:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tampashooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:17   #73
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud
 
SCSU74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Northwoods
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan View Post
MY SHTF rifle is a DPMS Panther - was a Alameda County Sheriff police trade-in from their SWAT group. Couple thousand rounds and just as reliable as my other "brand" ARs.
After SHTF couldn't take anything else seriously. Ever wonder why it was a trade in?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
In Valor There is Hope
SCSU74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18   #74
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
When they are used as the weapon system was designed. There are exceptions but it is usually the case.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 17:55   #75
larry_minn
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 18,092
I got a DPMS from them (as in picked up in Princeton IIRC at the place they put them together. Test fired after assembled infront of me.
Yep it will jam. (if you are shooting left side under SUV and don't keep it far enough above ground for fired brass to clear) OPPS
When they moved there was a period where QC did suffer. As others said they were very willing to make things right. (and unhappy this happened)
Its true a area dept bought DPMS and had a issue (with one) IIRC they called it the "kitty kat" It was a full auto SBR with 7" barrel. It was never 100% They (DPMS) finally talked them into accepting a 10" version that was reliable.(on full auto) with the ammo the dept used. (and I don't recall what that was)
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:04   #76
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?
 
Rooster Rugburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hopefully, on your ignore list
Posts: 5,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Shooting vermin is no indication of reliability.
As compared to shooting........ paper?
__________________
Sent from American Standard low flow using Crappatalk.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 19:10   #77
tampashooters
Shellback
 
tampashooters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
As compared to shooting........ paper?
Good burn....
__________________
Member:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
tampashooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 21:02   #78
svtpwnz
Senior Member
 
svtpwnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,495
I had a DPMS and traded it soon after buying it. It shot ok but the castle nut was not staked and came loose. The carrier keys were not properly staked either. I replaced it with a DDM4 and the DD is light years ahead of the DPMS I had in terms of quality, fit, finish and accuracy.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 21:10   #79
gjk5
Pinche Gringo
 
gjk5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grand Junction Colorado
Posts: 9,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
As compared to shooting........ paper?


No crap.

The only DPMS I have ever owned is a .308. (only shot paper with it so far)

I do plenty of "vermin" shooting, and if laying prone in the dirt shooting the crap out of p-dogs is not a fairly reasonable trial, I'm not sure what is.

I don't really have a dog in this fight (no pun intended), in fact the only .223 DPMS I ever shot was a complete POS and would have been COMPLETELY unacceptable to me as a varminter (or anything else). But I do not see how down and dirty, high round count hunting is not a reasonable test?

Last edited by gjk5; 02-03-2013 at 21:11..
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 22:48   #80
mjkeat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
As compared to shooting........ paper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampashooters View Post
Good burn....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post


No crap.

The only DPMS I have ever owned is a .308. (only shot paper with it so far)

I do plenty of "vermin" shooting, and if laying prone in the dirt shooting the crap out of p-dogs is not a fairly reasonable trial, I'm not sure what is.

I don't really have a dog in this fight (no pun intended), in fact the only .223 DPMS I ever shot was a complete POS and would have been COMPLETELY unacceptable to me as a varminter (or anything else). But I do not see how down and dirty, high round count hunting is not a reasonable test?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
Your wasting your time dude. This forum is in cardiac arrest, don't believe me? Try to give someone solid advice about getting the most out of their money on a build. See what happens. Now I know why a lot of people do not bother to post here anymore.
.....

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-03-2013 at 22:49..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 561
141 Members
420 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31