Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2013, 18:08   #1
DrtyHarry

Noveske complete uppers?

Looking REAL hard to find the one I want and I'm not having any luck...I don't even see the one I want on GB. I know I know, the climate sucks right now.

I have been looking at Rainier, DSG, BP Outfitters, Foster Tactical, and Midway....although Midway doesn't carry what exactly I'm looking for. Anywhere else I should keep my eye on??

I'm trying to find a 5.56MM Upper N4 Lo-Pro 14.5" w/ Switchblock NON-NFA - #NVU-LCLP-556-SB. It's 16".

If anyone happens to come across one, please hit me up. Or, if you know where else I can put my name down to get in line for one, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

DH
Old 01-28-2013, 18:16   #2
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
Looking REAL hard to find the one I want and I'm not having any luck...I don't even see the one I want on GB. I know I know, the climate sucks right now.

I have been looking at Rainier, DSG, BP Outfitters, Foster Tactical, and Midway....although Midway doesn't carry what exactly I'm looking for. Anywhere else I should keep my eye on??

I'm trying to find a 5.56MM Upper N4 Lo-Pro 14.5" w/ Switchblock NON-NFA - #NVU-LCLP-556-SB. It's 16".

If anyone happens to come across one, please hit me up. Or, if you know where else I can put my name down to get in line for one, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!

DH
Dirty, I was literally in the middle of posting the same thread. But a disclaimer, Foster Tactical has been confirmed by a bunch of people to be super shady and standoff-ish. I would stay away, especially since you have listen a number of reputable dealers.

Tagged for future info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:28   #3
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Dirty, I was literally in the middle of posting the same thread. But a disclaimer, Foster Tactical has been confirmed by a bunch of people to be super shady and standoff-ish. I would stay away, especially since you have listen a number of reputable dealers.

Tagged for future info.
I tried calling them several times with no luck. Thank you for the heads up.

BP Outfitters has the lowest price....and the man on the phone was VERY nice. He told me he couldn't really give me an accurate estimate as to when he will have another unit in stock...when I asked him if he could "guestimate", he said probably around 4 months. Ugh...been waiting and saving for many many months, now that I have the coin, my ***** can't find one.

DH
Old 01-28-2013, 18:35   #4
bigmoney890

Quote:
I tried calling them several times with no luck. Thank you for the heads up.

BP Outfitters has the lowest price....and the man on the phone was VERY nice. He told me he couldn't really give me an accurate estimate as to when he will have another unit in stock...when I asked him if he could "guestimate", he said probably around 4 months. Ugh...been waiting and saving for many many months, now that I have the coin, my ***** can't find one.

DH
Same here. It's sweet irony that will keep me from my rifle But on the bright side, i'm only looking for a BCG right now. Can't justify spending the $800 to get what I want right now, so i'll just split it up over time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-28-2013, 22:18   #5
DrtyHarry

I wonder who will get this upper in stock first. I called Noveske to see if they could point me in the right direction....no luck.

Most of my friends are LEOs, I'm going to have one of them call Noveske directly and see if they can get me what I want direct from them. They said they will do their best to get the upper as soon as possible, but they still wont be able to give a time frame. Perhaps a discount, but not ETA. :(

DH
Old 01-28-2013, 22:24   #6
bigmoney890

Quote:
I wonder who will get this upper in stock first. I called Noveske to see if they could point me in the right direction....no luck.

Most of my friends are LEOs, I'm going to have one of them call Noveske directly and see if they can get me what I want direct from them. They said they will do their best to get the upper as soon as possible, but they still wont be able to give a time frame. Perhaps a discount, but not ETA. :(

DH

Hmm in that case, i'll get my retired military and current LEO parent to call them to see if I can make some leeway

Thanks for the idea, DH!

Old 01-28-2013, 22:50   #7
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Hmm in that case, i'll get my retired military and current LEO parent to call them to see if I can make some leeway

Thanks for the idea, DH!

Just wait a day for my friend to call....don't want you delaying my order! LOL

DH
Old 01-29-2013, 14:07   #8
bigmoney890

Well right now, i'm just looking for the BCG, so maybe Noveske can hook me up. Actually, I doubt they can since BCG's have been the hardest thing to come by since mid-october.

Old 01-29-2013, 21:30   #9
Cole125
Silver Membership

Back before this craze, I could't find the Noveske upper I wanted either, so I built my own.

Got a Noveske RECON barrel, PSA stripped upper, Troy Alpha rail and a DD chrome bolt carrier group. Came out perfect!

Black Rifle Forum
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 00:33   #10
DrtyHarry

^^Looks nice!!! Good work!

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 14:35   #11
smanocchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Back before this craze, I could't find the Noveske upper I wanted either, so I built my own.

Got a Noveske RECON barrel, PSA stripped upper, Troy Alpha rail and a DD chrome bolt carrier group. Came out perfect!
Nice rifle. Did you order your alpha rail direct from troy? Im waiting on one as well and am curious how long it took to get yours.

Edit: Didnt mean to hijack the thread, just impatiently waiting for parts :D

Last edited by smanocchio; 01-30-2013 at 14:36..
smanocchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 23:59   #12
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanocchio View Post
Nice rifle. Did you order your alpha rail direct from troy? Im waiting on one as well and am curious how long it took to get yours.

Edit: Didnt mean to hijack the thread, just impatiently waiting for parts :D
Thanks I got the rail from PSA long before the craze, fortunately. Love it, very nice rail, easy to install, you will like yours when you get it.

This panic buy is only going to last so long, once backorders get filled things will start being available again.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:34   #13
DrtyHarry

Still waiting and can't find anything close to what I want....this bites.

DH
Old 03-22-2013, 15:56   #14
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Add this to your watch list. They have a wish-list/notify function

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts.ht...cturer=Noveske

bullittmcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 16:13   #15
ColdBlooded

I built my upper as well. I wanted a Noveske barreled upper with a Non-Noveske MUR-1A upper and a Geissele SMR MK1 rail, so I decided I might as well build one. It should be back from getting GunKote'd and assembled by Adco on Tuesday.

It is a 12.5" Noveske Crusader with matched Bolt, 10" Geissele SMR MK1 rail, Vltor MUR-1A, BCM Carrier, and Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle in GunKote Dark Gray. Flash Hider is an extra Smith Enterprises Vortex. Still deciding on an optic.
Old 03-22-2013, 17:22   #16
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittmcqueen View Post
Add this to your watch list. They have a wish-list/notify function

http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts.ht...cturer=Noveske
Thanks for the link. Sadly, this one doesn't have the forged Vltor MUR upper receiver I'm looking for. They have it for the 16"....but not on the 14.5". :( Also want the 11.5" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails.

Anyplace else I may have missed? Thanks!!

DH

Last edited by DrtyHarry; 03-22-2013 at 17:30..
DrtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 17:24   #17
DrtyHarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBlooded View Post
I built my upper as well. I wanted a Noveske barreled upper with a Non-Noveske MUR-1A upper and a Geissele SMR MK1 rail, so I decided I might as well build one. It should be back from getting GunKote'd and assembled by Adco on Tuesday.

It is a 12.5" Noveske Crusader with matched Bolt, 10" Geissele SMR MK1 rail, Vltor MUR-1A, BCM Carrier, and Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle in GunKote Dark Gray. Flash Hider is an extra Smith Enterprises Vortex. Still deciding on an optic.
Lucky you!! Please post a picture when you get it back!!

DH
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52   #18
DrtyHarry

The search continues....this bites! Some distributors told me they put all 14.5"s on hold and are working strictly on 16"s. They told me Noveske is not taking any orders for 14.5"s until further notice. Ugh....

DH
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20   #19
bullittmcqueen
Gunfighter

Quote:
The search continues....this bites! Some distributors told me they put all 14.5"s on hold and are working strictly on 16"s. They told me Noveske is not taking any orders for 14.5"s until further notice. Ugh....

DH
I hope the same is not true for 8.2 300 blk barrels. I'm ready to snatch one of those up as soon as I see one flash in stock.

bullittmcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:57   #20
wct097

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Sadly, this one doesn't have the forged Vltor MUR upper receiver I'm looking for. They have it for the 16"....but not on the 14.5". :( Also want the 11.5" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails.

Anyplace else I may have missed? Thanks!!

DH
I too went the route of building rather than buying complete as I couldn't find any complete uppers last September. As I liked what I saw with their 8.2" uppers, I went with the MUR like they use as well.

Black Rifle Forum
Black Rifle Forum

Honestly.... now that I have a MUR upper, I simply don't get the attraction. I had to send the original back to get replaced because it was out of spec and wouldn't fit on my Noveske lower. IIRC, the M in MUR stands for "modular", which is f'n pointless since it's not really modular. Sure, you can take the FA off if you want, but you can't buy the cover plate to switch it back and forth between FA and non-FA.

IMO, the MUR is a half-assed solution looking for a problem. The selling points are the tight tolerances, the fact that it's "modular", and the fact that it looks cool. It fails two of the three as far as I'm concerned.

edit: In the future, I'm sticking with plain jane standard uppers.

Last edited by wct097; 04-24-2013 at 07:59..
wct097 is offline   Reply With Quote