Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:07   #1
scottyd2506

Whats with ar15 dot com

I know this is not the same forum, but with all the liberal anti gun politicians after our 2nd amendment rights, I thought It be good to network. I am working on joining more gun forums. The more we stick together, the more info we will have, the more we know who to and not to vote for etc.

I tried to sign on at ar15 com., but this site would not let me. I says I can not use Yahoo or any anonymous email. Ironic it seems to me, I can not use my Verizon email I used to use because Frontier took it over. time ago So I have no non anonymous email now. This more has effected millions of people.

I'm not on here to put down other sites. But these are dire times and to point fingers at people and say "your email provider is not acceptable" or "your hair is the wrong color!"

It alienates millions of people who support the 2nd amendment.

With Snobbery like this, it is no wonder we Gun owners are weakened politically
scottyd2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:11   #2
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

There is a trolling problem on AR15.com (and M4Carbine.net), so they are trying to filter out the people they have banned in the past. It would be too easy to just set up a yahoo, gmail, or hotmail account and just go right back to being an annoying ***hole there after being kicked off, so they are strict about those sort of things. I think it's pretty smart.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51   #3
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarandScotch View Post
There is a trolling problem on AR15.com (and M4Carbine.net), so they are trying to filter out the people they have banned in the past. It would be too easy to just set up a yahoo, gmail, or hotmail account and just go right back to being an annoying ***hole there after being kicked off, so they are strict about those sort of things. I think it's pretty smart.
Yep....

There are free email accounts to be had, but it would be much easier for you to use your work or school or other account to sign up under.

Then switch accounts for the future.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20   #4
scottyd2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Yep....

There are free email accounts to be had, but it would be much easier for you to use your work or school or other account to sign up under.

Then switch accounts for the future.

I don't have one at work and do not go to school.

a troll can use any email. I guess if you have a bunch of anti's attacking the site then it makes sense.

A lot of us who our phone provider went from Verizon to Frontier lost our emails. I never used my Verizon email maybe once a year. I guess I'll have to go through the painstakingly long process of trying to dig up my email from frontier phone service.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37   #5
TrybalRage
Rule of wrist..

Is there any way to contact the admin of AR15.com and simply plead your case?

I'm signed up there with my gmail account... isn't that in the same realm of yahoo and the like?

Last edited by TrybalRage; 01-12-2013 at 06:39..
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26   #6
Keoking

1. Get with someone who isn't on ARFCOM and has a non-free account.
2. Have them sign up with the user name / password you want. They will get emailed with confirmation.
3. Then you log in and you're done. I think you can then go in and change the email address in the control panel to your free account.
Springfield Loaded (Black SS)
Sig P220 Stainless Elite
Keoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:34   #7
scottyd2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrybalRage View Post
Is there any way to contact the admin of AR15.com and simply plead your case?

I'm signed up there with my gmail account... isn't that in the same realm of yahoo and the like?

Thanks Trybal, I have tried to contact, but could not find. I assume right now with all the media brainwashing many anti gunners are out for the kill, and attacking or trolling gun sites would be more popular now than ever.

Anyone know an admin there who could help me,I do not own an Ar-15, so I'm not sure if they would let me join.
But I do have an Armilite AR-10 308 24" hvy stainless bbl with two 10 rnd mags, two 20 round mags and a 25 round mag, if that would qualify me.

thank
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33   #8
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
1. Get with someone who isn't on ARFCOM and has a non-free account.
2. Have them sign up with the user name / password you want. They will get emailed with confirmation.
3. Then you log in and you're done. I think you can then go in and change the email address in the control panel to your free account.
This is the best way.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34   #9
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyd2506 View Post
I don't have one at work and do not go to school.

a troll can use any email. I guess if you have a bunch of anti's attacking the site then it makes sense.

A lot of us who our phone provider went from Verizon to Frontier lost our emails. I never used my Verizon email maybe once a year. I guess I'll have to go through the painstakingly long process of trying to dig up my email from frontier phone service.
It is not just the antis is was morons and criminals and ......
Old 01-28-2013, 21:43   #10
johnson8861
Daddo Chomper

My email on Ar15.com is a frontier address, no problem here.
Old 01-29-2013, 18:50   #11
scottyd2506

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson8861 View Post
My email on Ar15.com is a frontier address, no problem here.
For the millions of us who STARTED with Verizon and ended up with Frontier, it is a different story.

I'm sure if I call Frontier and go through the run around for days, they might sort it out.
Old 01-30-2013, 15:43   #12
JakeFromStateFarm
.40 S&W🍫

I had to use a SbcGlobal.net email to sign up.