GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47   #51
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
If you were prepared, why do you care about what is going on now? Sounds like you're whining about something that apparently doesn't affect you. So are you just making statements like you did in order to pat yourself on the back?

And exactly what happened in Obummer's political career up to the Sandy Hook shooting that made you or any other wannabe Nostradamus "see it coming"?
OK, your not bright, I get it. You have no clue what your talking about, I get that also. You don't know me or anything that I am involved with and the impact on the industry in general, so don't try to pigeon hole me into anything.

Sandy Hook had nothing to do with it. If people were not smart enough to understand pre election that if Obama won again, he would come out swinging with vengeance as he need not worry about another election. The potential for another 4 years of the same President was all the advance notice anyone needed. Sandy Hook was only icing on the cake for him. Anyone who didn't see this freight train coming pre election, Sandy Hook or not, was naive at best.
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 01:57   #52
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
OK, your not bright, I get it. You have no clue what your talking about, I get that also. You don't know me or anything that I am involved with and the impact on the industry in general, so don't try to pigeon hole me into anything.

Sandy Hook had nothing to do with it. If people were not smart enough to understand pre election that if Obama won again, he would come out swinging with vengeance as he need not worry about another election. The potential for another 4 years of the same President was all the advance notice anyone needed. Sandy Hook was only icing on the cake for him. Anyone who didn't see this freight train coming pre election, Sandy Hook or not, was naive at best.
In the future, before you make a childish remark about another forum member's intelligence, you should probably learn the difference between "your" and "you're".

And again, I ask you.....

What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A? It's painfully obvious that you're a simpleton who pays little attention to politics, otherwise you'd know the answer is... he didn't do a damn thing.

Heck, Reagan was more of an outspoken gun control advocate than Obummer has been up to this point.

Now, you can continue with your infantile responses or you can choose to have an intelligent discussion on the issue. Based on what I've seen in your history of posts, intelligent conversation is going to be pretty much ruled out....and i don't care to waste my time with the former. So cheers to you, my new knuckle dragging mouth breathing friend. Have a most pleasant day.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 02:06..
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02   #53
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
In the future, before you make a childish remark about another forum member's intelligence, you should probably learn the difference between "your" and "you're".
Or better yet, perhaps you should take a step back from the keyboard before typing and putting words into others posts.
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:07   #54
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Or better yet, perhaps you should take a step back from the keyboard before typing and putting words into others posts.
I see reading and comprehension isn't your best attribute.
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14   #55
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
I see reading and comprehension isn't your best attribute.
Absolutely worthless conversation. I hope your other contributions here have held some value.
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:32   #56
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Absolutely worthless conversation.
I agree. Maybe next time you'll learn to respond like a mature adult and won't start out by insulting someone and claiming that they're not bright. I think it will be more productive that way and it will keep people like myself from having to waste our time putting you in your place.

In the meantime, hopefully you'll research the questions that I asked so you won't be so ignorant in the future.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 02:37..
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:37   #57
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
In the future, before you make a childish remark about another forum member's intelligence, you should probably learn the difference between "your" and "you're".

And again, I ask you.....

What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A? It's painfully obvious that you're a simpleton who pays little attention to politics, otherwise you'd know the answer is... he didn't do a damn thing.

Heck, Reagan was more of an outspoken gun control advocate than Obummer has been up to this point.

Now, you can continue with your infantile responses or you can choose to have an intelligent discussion on the issue. Based on what I've seen in your history of posts, intelligent conversation is going to be pretty much ruled out....and i don't care to waste my time with the former. So cheers to you, my new knuckle dragging mouth breathing friend. Have a most pleasant day.
I see that you edited or added to your post since I first replied. It is extremely comical so I figured I would quote it for posterity. I highlighted the parts that I found the most entertaining. Everyone needs a good laugh so thanks for that one. At least you contributed something.

.........."my new knuckle dragging mouth breathing friend" Your killin me smalls. Or sorry You're.
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:58   #58
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
I agree. Maybe next time you'll learn to respond like a mature adult and won't start out by insulting someone and claiming that they're not bright. I think it will be more productive that way and it will keep people like myself from having to waste our time putting you in your place.

In the meantime, hopefully you'll research the questions that I asked so you won't be so ignorant in the future.
You mean this one?

"What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A?"

......Again with the comedy......Wait, you can't be serious?
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07   #59
Kent Williams
Registered User
 
Kent Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19
My Brother, you dont really belive that. ( I hope) !
Kent Williams is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:09   #60
carloglock19
Senior Member
 
carloglock19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 2,409
I wonder how long it will take for things to settle down. I've been trying to avoid my LGS. I walked into my local MCX to see if they had some pmags in stock and the gun counter line was wrapped around the store. Yesterday I walked into one of my LGS to ask about some gunsmith work and saw a box of beat up pmags in the used section priced at $30+ each.
__________________
I laugh at internet tough guys!
USN AD
NRA Member
AK47 Club - 2006AFG
BRC - 2016
carloglock19 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25   #61
slowgoat
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
You mean this one?

"What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A?"

......Again with the comedy......Wait, you can't be serious?
Here is what he said in June, months before the election. And it is obvious what he meant to even the most obtuse:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JHmMz...%3DJHmMzAcKCUg

For sure it must be a mental block to be so in denial about a sleazy politician's intentions. They don't just say these things for fun. Every word is sculpted and honed like a diamond.
slowgoat is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29   #62
glockfanbob
Senior Member
 
glockfanbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 3,325


I ordered a spikes tactical battle trigger (said was in stock) from Valhalla Tactical Supply on 12/28, sent them an email on 1/4 asking if they knew when this would ship. They responded on 1/6 with a generic email saying the best way to buy a product is online as their inventory is live. Then in all caps "MINIMUM OF 21 BUSINESS DAYS TO SHIP". I wish I had known this when I ordered.

Well here it is 2/1 and no update yet. I never would have thought EVERYTHING related to AR's would be this dried up.
glockfanbob is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:33   #63
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoat View Post
Here is what he said in June, months before the election. And it is obvious what he meant to even the most obtuse:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JHmMz...%3DJHmMzAcKCUg

For sure it must be a mental block to be so in denial about a sleazy politician's intentions. They don't just say these things for fun. Every word is sculpted and honed like a diamond.
Show me any legislation that he either submitted or voted for in his past that was anti 2A.

Don't worry, I will wait.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 08:35..
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38   #64
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
You mean this one?

"What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A?"

......Again with the comedy......Wait, you can't be serious?
Instead of avoiding the question, why not just answer it? Provide me with proof that prior to current events, that Obama at any point in his political career either submitted or voted for anti-gun legislation.

I will make it simple for you, since apparently just answering the question is too difficult for a simpleton such as yourself.....

He hasn't.
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41   #65
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
When Reagan was President and spoke out against guns, did any of you panic (those of you old enough to purchase weapons at the time)?

http://mountainview.patch.com/articl...-ronald-reagan

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 08:42..
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12   #66
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
Show me any legislation that he either submitted or voted for in his past that was anti 2A.

Don't worry, I will wait.
OK, I pretty much understood why you were here. Agenda's are pretty clear, especially this day in age in regards to firearms forums. Trolling is trolling. However I will take the opportunity that you provided to help the other 2A loving Americans or any Americans for that matter who think that the Constitution is an important document that is the foundation of a great nation, the chance to actually understand the President and his long standing stance on Gun Control.

I know a a good bit about this President. Enough to formulate a good opinion on my own based on personal experience. Where he grew up and more importantly the entitled and extremely radical liberal base in which he was educated. He made the other liberal students look like hard line Conservatives. Ever chat with the man? My first impression when he was President elect after chatting with him and the first lady and watching him work in private and in public was, "Used Car Salesman". He is one slick and charismatic man, gotta give him that, but I couldn't help but think "we are in serious trouble here". One term later and here we still are. While there is more, I think I will leave personal anecdotes at that and just give some of his statistics for others to draw from.

Quote:
- September 9, 1996
Supports Ban on Manufacture, Sale & Possession of Handguns
In 1996, State Senator Obama answered a questionaire and stated that he supported a complete ban on semi-automatic firearms inaccurately refered to as "assault weapons", supported mandatory waiting periods, and supported a complete ban on manufature and sale of handguns.

- January 1, 1998
Sits on Board of Directors for Anti-Gun Joyce Foundation
Before he became a national political figure, he sat on the board of a Chicago-based foundation that doled out at least nine grants totaling nearly $2.7 million to groups that advocated the opposite positions.

The foundation funded legal scholarship advancing the theory that the Second Amendment does not protect individual gun owners’ rights, as well as two groups that advocated handgun bans. And it paid to support a book called “Every Handgun Is Aimed at You: The Case for Banning Handguns.”

- December 13, 1999
Supports Ban on Resale of Police-Issued Firearms
It is certainly reasonable to believe that Mr. Obama is very much against the Second Amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms. He has, upon occasion, said that he supports the Second Amendment. But his rhetoric is always accompanied by a “but” that opens the door to “common sense” gun control measures. It is a virtual certainty that what is “common sense” to Mr. Obama and his gun control allies is anything but to most Americans.

- January 1, 2000
Co-sponsors Bill to Limit Firearm Purchases to One Gun a Month
Obama also cosponsored legislation to limit handgun purchases to one per month. He also voted against letting people violate local weapons bans in cases of self-defense, and stated his support for the District of Columbia’s handgun ban that was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2008. He also called it a “scandal” that President George W. Bush did not authorize a renewal of the failed Clinton semi-automatic rifle and magazine ban.

- February 20, 2001
Says "No reason why anybody should need an assault weapon"

- March 13, 2003
Votes to Ban Hundreds of Common Rifles & Shotguns
Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Prohibits the knowing manufacture, delivery, and possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and assault weapon attachments. Provides for an affirmative defense to a violation for peace officers, correctional institution employees and officers, members of the Armed Services and Reserve Forces of the United States, and the Illinois National Guard while these persons are in the performance of their duties. Establishes penalties for violations.

- March 25, 2004
Votes Against Lowering FOID Card Age From 21 to 18
Illinois Senate, March 25, 2004, SB 2163, vote 18.

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Changes, from 21 years of age or over to 18 years of age or over, the age at which a person may apply for and be issued a Firearm Owner's Identification Card without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Effective immediately.

- July 29, 2005
Votes Against Prohibiting Lawsuits Against Gun Manufacturers
A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:

Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime.
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect.

- January 31, 2006
Votes Against Samuel Alito for Supreme Court Justice
Obama has said he would not have nominated Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court. It was Justice Scalia who wrote the majority opinion in D.C. v. Heller, which declared that the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to keep and bear arms, and that D.C.’s handgun ban is unconstitutional. Justice Thomas joined in that opinion. As a member of the U.S. Senate, Mr. Obama also voted against confirming Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, both of whom joined Justice Scalia’s majority opinion in Heller.

- April 22, 2007
Favors a Ban On Standard-Capacity Ammunition Magazines
"The second area which may be fought by the NRA, but I think has to be looked at is the availability of 19-round clips. I’m a strong believer in the rights of hunters and sportsmen to have firearms. I’m a believer in homeowners having a firearms to protect their home and their family. It’s hard for me to find a rationale for a 19-clip semi-automatic. I said at a forum earlier this week, ‘If you need 19 rounds to shoot a deer, you probably shouldn’t be hunting’ and so that I think is something that we should be able to have a reasonable conversation about."

- January 15, 2008
Supports Repealing the Tiarht Amendment
Barack Obama supports repealing the Tiahrt Amendment, which allows the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to share data on history of sales and transfers of firearms used in crimes only with federal agencies for national security purposes, or prosecutors needing it for an ongoing criminal investigation or prosecution.

- February 25, 2009
Attorney General Eric Holder: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holdersaid today. "As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

During his confirmation hearing, Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee about other gun control measures the Obama administration may consider.

- May 10, 2010
Nominates Anti-Gun Elena Kagan for Supreme Court Justice
President Obama poses a real and present danger to the Second Amendment, and he’s working to pack the Supreme Court with justices who will undermine Americans’ gun rights.

The most recent pick, Elena Kagan, ran much of President Clinton’s war on guns from 1995 to 1999. The Clinton era committee also determined that they could not say that the actual assault weapons ban had any effect on violent crime.

- February 8, 2011
At the U.N.: Agreement Signed with Anti-Gun Group IANSA
We are delighted to announce that on 8 February, IANSA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA).

The MoU paves the way for closer cooperation and joint activities. These include capacity building, training programmes, awareness-raising strategies and the promotion of effective civil society participation in relevant UN meetings, mainstreaming gender and diversity in the field of arms control, disarmament, peace and security.

- February 13, 2012
Cuts Funds in Half for Armed Pilot Counter-Terrorism Program
President Barack Obama's budget ax is falling hard on a program that allows pilots to carry handguns in the cockpit as a last line of defense against terrorists.

Obama's proposed 2013 budget cuts in half funds for the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) program. The current budget of $25 million a year -- which goes for such things as conducting background checks, training the pilots, and periodic gun proficiency tests and retraining, in addition to administrative costs -- would be cut to $12 million.

- January 6, 2013
White House weighs broad gun-control agenda
The White House is weighing a far broader and more comprehensive approach to curbing the nation’s gun violencethan simply reinstating an expired ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition, according to multiple people involved in the administration’s discussions.

A working group led by Vice President Biden is seriously considering measures backed by key law enforcement leaders that would require universal background checks for firearm buyers, track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthen mental health checks, and stiffen penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors, the sources said.

If this wasn't enough for the average person to have a clear understanding of his agenda then I really have no answer for their stupidity other than baaaaaa.
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14   #67
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
When Reagan was President and spoke out against guns, did any of you panic (those of you old enough to purchase weapons at the time)?

http://mountainview.patch.com/articl...-ronald-reagan
This is one of the oldest hard line liberal arguments that they like to attempt to cling to. This isn't about Reagan. Stop with the misdirection and stick to the real issue here.
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26   #68
ArmoryDoc
Need a haircut
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,850
Surf, why are you posting factual information ? It is absolutely irrelevant to the diatribe we're trying to invent. Now, quit it !
ArmoryDoc is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:18   #69
mrjinglesusa
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
Show me any legislation that he either submitted or voted for in his past that was anti 2A.

Don't worry, I will wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
When Reagan was President and spoke out against guns, did any of you panic (those of you old enough to purchase weapons at the time)?

http://mountainview.patch.com/articl...-ronald-reagan
Please take your anti-2nd Amendment trolling to the proper forum.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
__________________
Glock 19 - my first Glock!
Glock 30SF - my second Glock!
mrjinglesusa is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23   #70
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post
Please take your anti-2nd Amendment trolling to the proper forum.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Please take a reading and comprehension class, then get back to me.
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23   #71
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
OK, I pretty much understood why you were here. Agenda's are pretty clear, especially this day in age in regards to firearms forums. Trolling is trolling. However I will take the opportunity that you provided to help the other 2A loving Americans or any Americans for that matter who think that the Constitution is an important document that is the foundation of a great nation, the chance to actually understand the President and his long standing stance on Gun Control.

I know a a good bit about this President. Enough to formulate a good opinion on my own based on personal experience. Where he grew up and more importantly the entitled and extremely radical liberal base in which he was educated. He made the other liberal students look like hard line Conservatives. Ever chat with the man? My first impression when he was President elect after chatting with him and the first lady and watching him work in private and in public was, "Used Car Salesman". He is one slick and charismatic man, gotta give him that, but I couldn't help but think "we are in serious trouble here". One term later and here we still are. While there is more, I think I will leave personal anecdotes at that and just give some of his statistics for others to draw from.


If this wasn't enough for the average person to have a clear understanding of his agenda then I really have no answer for their stupidity other than baaaaaa.
Still no proof of proposed legislation. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:24   #72
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
This is one of the oldest hard line liberal arguments that they like to attempt to cling to. This isn't about Reagan. Stop with the misdirection and stick to the real issue here.
Ahh yes. When a mental midget such as yourself can't make a legit point, you refer to the old standby...you're a liberal. Waaaaah
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29   #73
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
I wonder how long it will take for things to settle down. I've been trying to avoid my LGS. I walked into my local MCX to see if they had some pmags in stock and the gun counter line was wrapped around the store. Yesterday I walked into one of my LGS to ask about some gunsmith work and saw a box of beat up pmags in the used section priced at $30+ each.
in that respect, i'm lucky. my lgs refuses to gouge. that includes consignment.

the downside, of course, is it looks like a going out of business sale every day.

i think (pure speculation) you'll see accessories start getting back to normal around may. (p mags, ammo, ammo components, etc)

ebr parts( uppers, lowers, etc), however....i'd bet it'll be 2014 before that calms down. complete rifles will level out around august....again, speculation.
__________________
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 13:56   #74
surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
Ahh yes. When a mental midget such as yourself can't make a legit point, you refer to the old standby...you're a liberal. Waaaaah
Come back with someone with more intelligent arguments or find better liberal material to regurgitate. Until then this conversation is over.

Oh wait, never mind. There is no need to come back.
surf is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 15:40   #75
K. Foster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mo.
Posts: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
And exactly what happened in Obummer's political career up to the Sandy Hook shooting that made you or any other wannabe Nostradamus "see it coming"?
There was quite a bit of panic buying when Obama got elected the first time. I knew there was a potential for more, this time around. So, I had my ducks in a row and made sure I was stocked up on ammo and mags by the end of last Sept. Since then, I haven’t had to buy a thing.
__________________
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional trains until he can't get it wrong.
K. Foster is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 977
324 Members
653 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42