Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 21:21   #41
surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Exactly...

When prices are high supply will follow. ALWAYS

There's such a fundamental lack of economic education on display here at times that it no longer shocks me.
Agreed. The ignorance almost makes one want to quit the www or certain sites.

I absolutely hate price gouging scum but it isnt at the large manufacturer level. Also if people were not smart enough to have seen this coming especially after the rush of his first term election I don't feel bad for those who are now scrambling. I feel bad for those of us dealing with the situation caused by those who were not prepared.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-01-2013, 21:28   #42
mtber1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post

I absolutely hate price gouging scum but it isnt at the large manufacturer level. Also if people were not smart enough to have seen this coming especially after the rush of his first term election I don't feel bad for those who are now scrambling. I feel bad for those of us dealing with the situation caused by those who were not prepared.
Prepared for what? People buying media fear tactics?

In case you haven't heard, as of Wed., the AWB has been shot down by a Senate Judiciary Committee.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-01-2013 at 21:28..
Old 02-01-2013, 21:37   #43
Cole125
Silver Membership

Quote:

I could not agree more. I saw this **** storm coming and prepared. I am proud to say I have not bought one round of .223/5.56, not one EBR, and not one P mag since this whole craze began.

Hopefully there is plenty of people like me who are not wasting their money and contributing this BS.
Old 02-01-2013, 21:57   #44
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIadvisor View Post
Reason 2: With prices artificially inflated, there's no real reason for manufacturers to increase production. If I can sell a lower for 300 vs. 85, why would I ever make more than I need to maintain that profit margin?

Thoughts?
Um, the manufacturers aren't the ones gouging on price, it's the end sellers. And besides, why wouldn't you make more if you could sell more?
Old 02-01-2013, 21:59   #45
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
In case you haven't heard, as of Wed., the AWB has been shot down by a Senate Judiciary Committee.
That doesn't mean it's dead.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:41   #46
surf

Quote:
Prepared for what? People buying media fear tactics?

How about preparing for the rash of last minute gotta get mine before its too late buyers who are swamping the market, drying up items and driving up prices. Some of us saw that coming and had enough sense to have a good supply of ammo or parts for for us to continue our shooting hobby as normal until this knee jerk frenzy dies down AGAIN. WTF do you think I was talking about?

Old 02-02-2013, 02:14   #47
COLOSHOOTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
The real answer to "Are they price gouging or not?" is to find out if the distributor's are getting firearms at the normal rate and turning around to sell them for double or triple or if they are seeing price hikes as well.
The answer is no.... I talked to one of the managers at a local dealer and what I was told is that distibutors are not gouging and were still shipping at near normal prices it's just near impossible to get anything right now because everyone is sold out!!! The owner of a local LE dealer told me the same thing and has continued to sell anything he has gotten in at retail pricing even though he could sell it for triple. Don't get me wrong prices may have inflated slightly (Ie: Match .308 now $24.99 as opposed to $19.99 before) but thats pretty much economics 101 and is expected with the current demand. The true reason of the madness is evident is the quoted post below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
Like before Wally world decided to only allow one AR purchase per person per day. One manager told em a fella was buying all they had in stock every shipment and one weekend he found out why. The guy was selling the same Colts, DPMS and Sig rifles at the gun shows for 3 times what he paid.

I would venture to guess that a good chunk of everything that is purchased is done so strictly to resale at inflated prices. Or how all the LE distributors also supply LGSs and sold everything they had in stock repeatedly over and over to them because the LGSs can't keep anything on the shelf more than a day.

It is pretty easy to figure out.
This is exactly why you can't find anything. Awhile back ago at the start of this madness I ran into a guy who was buying ammo in all sorts of calibers and when a guy mentioned how he must have a nice collection of guns to go with all that ammo he admitted he didn't have guns in many of the calibers he was buying but that the ammo was going to be worth its weight in gold so he's stocking up as an investment. In other words he was looking to make a buck off people willing to pay a premium.

There was a gun show here a week or so ago that I did not attend but my father did. He told me you could have bought anything you wanted at the show.... PMags, primers, ammo, AR-15's, AK's and all sorts of other firearms that can't be found anywhere else. You just had to be willing to pay the 300% mark up and it was yours. That is where all the ammo and guns are going. It's not the shooters freaking out buying new guns it's the dealers trying to make $$$ for the uninformed tools that will pay $2500 for a low grade AR15 worth that was only worth $650 before the madness.

The good news is my father said it did not seem like much was selling because people there were not willing to be gouged by these dealers. I hope these guys end up sitting on this stuff and either lose money or end up breaking even when stuff settles down a bit.

-George Orwell-
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29   #48
WASRfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Exactly - they want us to drop our guard. Don't let up - pour it on!

As for gouging - happens even in the best of times; profit is profit...

Recall FN had a LEO-only PS90 dealio going several months ago. Our heroes were buying them - and reselling on GB so fast that FN ran out of them.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29   #49
mtber1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
I didn't say it was.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:33   #50
mtber1172

Quote:
How about preparing for the rash of last minute gotta get mine before its too late buyers who are swamping the market, drying up items and driving up prices. Some of us saw that coming and had enough sense to have a good supply of ammo or parts for for us to continue our shooting hobby as normal until this knee jerk frenzy dies down AGAIN. WTF do you think I was talking about?
If you were prepared, why do you care about what is going on now? Sounds like you're whining about something that apparently doesn't affect you. So are you just making statements like you did in order to pat yourself on the back?

And exactly what happened in Obummer's political career up to the Sandy Hook shooting that made you or any other wannabe Nostradamus "see it coming"?

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 02:35..
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47   #51
surf

Quote:
If you were prepared, why do you care about what is going on now? Sounds like you're whining about something that apparently doesn't affect you. So are you just making statements like you did in order to pat yourself on the back?

And exactly what happened in Obummer's political career up to the Sandy Hook shooting that made you or any other wannabe Nostradamus "see it coming"?
OK, your not bright, I get it. You have no clue what your talking about, I get that also. You don't know me or anything that I am involved with and the impact on the industry in general, so don't try to pigeon hole me into anything.

Sandy Hook had nothing to do with it. If people were not smart enough to understand pre election that if Obama won again, he would come out swinging with vengeance as he need not worry about another election. The potential for another 4 years of the same President was all the advance notice anyone needed. Sandy Hook was only icing on the cake for him. Anyone who didn't see this freight train coming pre election, Sandy Hook or not, was naive at best.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:57   #52
mtber1172

Quote:
OK, your not bright, I get it. You have no clue what your talking about, I get that also. You don't know me or anything that I am involved with and the impact on the industry in general, so don't try to pigeon hole me into anything.

Sandy Hook had nothing to do with it. If people were not smart enough to understand pre election that if Obama won again, he would come out swinging with vengeance as he need not worry about another election. The potential for another 4 years of the same President was all the advance notice anyone needed. Sandy Hook was only icing on the cake for him. Anyone who didn't see this freight train coming pre election, Sandy Hook or not, was naive at best.
In the future, before you make a childish remark about another forum member's intelligence, you should probably learn the difference between "your" and "you're".

And again, I ask you.....

What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A? It's painfully obvious that you're a simpleton who pays little attention to politics, otherwise you'd know the answer is... he didn't do a damn thing.

Heck, Reagan was more of an outspoken gun control advocate than Obummer has been up to this point.

Now, you can continue with your infantile responses or you can choose to have an intelligent discussion on the issue. Based on what I've seen in your history of posts, intelligent conversation is going to be pretty much ruled out....and i don't care to waste my time with the former. So cheers to you, my new knuckle dragging mouth breathing friend. Have a most pleasant day.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 03:06..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:02   #53
surf

Quote:
In the future, before you make a childish remark about another forum member's intelligence, you should probably learn the difference between "your" and "you're".
Or better yet, perhaps you should take a step back from the keyboard before typing and putting words into others posts.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:07   #54
mtber1172

Quote:
Or better yet, perhaps you should take a step back from the keyboard before typing and putting words into others posts.
I see reading and comprehension isn't your best attribute.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:14   #55
surf

Quote:
I see reading and comprehension isn't your best attribute.
Absolutely worthless conversation. I hope your other contributions here have held some value.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:32   #56
mtber1172

Quote:
Absolutely worthless conversation.
I agree. Maybe next time you'll learn to respond like a mature adult and won't start out by insulting someone and claiming that they're not bright. I think it will be more productive that way and it will keep people like myself from having to waste our time putting you in your place.

In the meantime, hopefully you'll research the questions that I asked so you won't be so ignorant in the future.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 03:37..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:37   #57
surf

Quote:

And again, I ask you.....

What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A? It's painfully obvious that you're a simpleton who pays little attention to politics, otherwise you'd know the answer is... he didn't do a damn thing.

Heck, Reagan was more of an outspoken gun control advocate than Obummer has been up to this point.

Now, you can continue with your infantile responses or you can choose to have an intelligent discussion on the issue. Based on what I've seen in your history of posts, intelligent conversation is going to be pretty much ruled out....and i don't care to waste my time with the former. So cheers to you, my new knuckle dragging mouth breathing friend. Have a most pleasant day.
I see that you edited or added to your post since I first replied. It is extremely comical so I figured I would quote it for posterity. I highlighted the parts that I found the most entertaining. Everyone needs a good laugh so thanks for that one. At least you contributed something.

.........."my new knuckle dragging mouth breathing friend" Your killin me smalls. Or sorry You're.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:58   #58
surf

Quote:
I agree. Maybe next time you'll learn to respond like a mature adult and won't start out by insulting someone and claiming that they're not bright. I think it will be more productive that way and it will keep people like myself from having to waste our time putting you in your place.

In the meantime, hopefully you'll research the questions that I asked so you won't be so ignorant in the future.
You mean this one?

"What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A?"

......Again with the comedy......Wait, you can't be serious?

Old 02-02-2013, 07:07   #59
Kent Williams

My Brother, you dont really belive that. ( I hope) !
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09   #60
carloglock19

I wonder how long it will take for things to settle down. I've been trying to avoid my LGS. I walked into my local MCX to see if they had some pmags in stock and the gun counter line was wrapped around the store. Yesterday I walked into one of my LGS to ask about some gunsmith work and saw a box of beat up pmags in the used section priced at $30+ each.
BRC - 2016

Closed Thread