Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:25   #61
slowgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
You mean this one?

"What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A?"

......Again with the comedy......Wait, you can't be serious?
Here is what he said in June, months before the election. And it is obvious what he meant to even the most obtuse:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JHmMz...%3DJHmMzAcKCUg

For sure it must be a mental block to be so in denial about a sleazy politician's intentions. They don't just say these things for fun. Every word is sculpted and honed like a diamond.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29   #62
glockfanbob

I ordered a spikes tactical battle trigger (said was in stock) from Valhalla Tactical Supply on 12/28, sent them an email on 1/4 asking if they knew when this would ship. They responded on 1/6 with a generic email saying the best way to buy a product is online as their inventory is live. Then in all caps "MINIMUM OF 21 BUSINESS DAYS TO SHIP". I wish I had known this when I ordered.

Well here it is 2/1 and no update yet. I never would have thought EVERYTHING related to AR's would be this dried up.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33   #63
mtber1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoat View Post
Here is what he said in June, months before the election. And it is obvious what he meant to even the most obtuse:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JHmMz...%3DJHmMzAcKCUg

For sure it must be a mental block to be so in denial about a sleazy politician's intentions. They don't just say these things for fun. Every word is sculpted and honed like a diamond.
Show me any legislation that he either submitted or voted for in his past that was anti 2A.

Don't worry, I will wait.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 09:35..
Old 02-02-2013, 09:38   #64
mtber1172

Quote:
You mean this one?

"What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A?"

......Again with the comedy......Wait, you can't be serious?
Instead of avoiding the question, why not just answer it? Provide me with proof that prior to current events, that Obama at any point in his political career either submitted or voted for anti-gun legislation.

I will make it simple for you, since apparently just answering the question is too difficult for a simpleton such as yourself.....

He hasn't.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41   #65
mtber1172

When Reagan was President and spoke out against guns, did any of you panic (those of you old enough to purchase weapons at the time)?

http://mountainview.patch.com/articl...-ronald-reagan

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-02-2013 at 09:42..
Old 02-02-2013, 12:12   #66
surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
Show me any legislation that he either submitted or voted for in his past that was anti 2A.

OK, I pretty much understood why you were here. Agenda's are pretty clear, especially this day in age in regards to firearms forums. Trolling is trolling. However I will take the opportunity that you provided to help the other 2A loving Americans or any Americans for that matter who think that the Constitution is an important document that is the foundation of a great nation, the chance to actually understand the President and his long standing stance on Gun Control.

I know a a good bit about this President. Enough to formulate a good opinion on my own based on personal experience. Where he grew up and more importantly the entitled and extremely radical liberal base in which he was educated. He made the other liberal students look like hard line Conservatives. Ever chat with the man? My first impression when he was President elect after chatting with him and the first lady and watching him work in private and in public was, "Used Car Salesman". He is one slick and charismatic man, gotta give him that, but I couldn't help but think "we are in serious trouble here". One term later and here we still are. While there is more, I think I will leave personal anecdotes at that and just give some of his statistics for others to draw from.

Quote:
- September 9, 1996
Supports Ban on Manufacture, Sale & Possession of Handguns
In 1996, State Senator Obama answered a questionaire and stated that he supported a complete ban on semi-automatic firearms inaccurately refered to as "assault weapons", supported mandatory waiting periods, and supported a complete ban on manufature and sale of handguns.

- January 1, 1998
Sits on Board of Directors for Anti-Gun Joyce Foundation
Before he became a national political figure, he sat on the board of a Chicago-based foundation that doled out at least nine grants totaling nearly $2.7 million to groups that advocated the opposite positions.

The foundation funded legal scholarship advancing the theory that the Second Amendment does not protect individual gun owners’ rights, as well as two groups that advocated handgun bans. And it paid to support a book called “Every Handgun Is Aimed at You: The Case for Banning Handguns.”

- December 13, 1999
Supports Ban on Resale of Police-Issued Firearms
It is certainly reasonable to believe that Mr. Obama is very much against the Second Amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms. He has, upon occasion, said that he supports the Second Amendment. But his rhetoric is always accompanied by a “but” that opens the door to “common sense” gun control measures. It is a virtual certainty that what is “common sense” to Mr. Obama and his gun control allies is anything but to most Americans.

- January 1, 2000
Co-sponsors Bill to Limit Firearm Purchases to One Gun a Month
Obama also cosponsored legislation to limit handgun purchases to one per month. He also voted against letting people violate local weapons bans in cases of self-defense, and stated his support for the District of Columbia’s handgun ban that was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2008. He also called it a “scandal” that President George W. Bush did not authorize a renewal of the failed Clinton semi-automatic rifle and magazine ban.

- February 20, 2001
Says "No reason why anybody should need an assault weapon"

- March 13, 2003
Votes to Ban Hundreds of Common Rifles & Shotguns
Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Prohibits the knowing manufacture, delivery, and possession of semiautomatic assault weapons, large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and assault weapon attachments. Provides for an affirmative defense to a violation for peace officers, correctional institution employees and officers, members of the Armed Services and Reserve Forces of the United States, and the Illinois National Guard while these persons are in the performance of their duties. Establishes penalties for violations.

- March 25, 2004
Votes Against Lowering FOID Card Age From 21 to 18
Illinois Senate, March 25, 2004, SB 2163, vote 18.

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Changes, from 21 years of age or over to 18 years of age or over, the age at which a person may apply for and be issued a Firearm Owner's Identification Card without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Effective immediately.

- July 29, 2005
Votes Against Prohibiting Lawsuits Against Gun Manufacturers
A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:

Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime.
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect.

- January 31, 2006
Votes Against Samuel Alito for Supreme Court Justice
Obama has said he would not have nominated Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court. It was Justice Scalia who wrote the majority opinion in D.C. v. Heller, which declared that the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to keep and bear arms, and that D.C.’s handgun ban is unconstitutional. Justice Thomas joined in that opinion. As a member of the U.S. Senate, Mr. Obama also voted against confirming Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, both of whom joined Justice Scalia’s majority opinion in Heller.

- April 22, 2007
Favors a Ban On Standard-Capacity Ammunition Magazines
"The second area which may be fought by the NRA, but I think has to be looked at is the availability of 19-round clips. I’m a strong believer in the rights of hunters and sportsmen to have firearms. I’m a believer in homeowners having a firearms to protect their home and their family. It’s hard for me to find a rationale for a 19-clip semi-automatic. I said at a forum earlier this week, ‘If you need 19 rounds to shoot a deer, you probably shouldn’t be hunting’ and so that I think is something that we should be able to have a reasonable conversation about."

- January 15, 2008
Supports Repealing the Tiarht Amendment
Barack Obama supports repealing the Tiahrt Amendment, which allows the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to share data on history of sales and transfers of firearms used in crimes only with federal agencies for national security purposes, or prosecutors needing it for an ongoing criminal investigation or prosecution.

- February 25, 2009
Attorney General Eric Holder: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holdersaid today. "As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

During his confirmation hearing, Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee about other gun control measures the Obama administration may consider.

- May 10, 2010
Nominates Anti-Gun Elena Kagan for Supreme Court Justice
President Obama poses a real and present danger to the Second Amendment, and he’s working to pack the Supreme Court with justices who will undermine Americans’ gun rights.

The most recent pick, Elena Kagan, ran much of President Clinton’s war on guns from 1995 to 1999. The Clinton era committee also determined that they could not say that the actual assault weapons ban had any effect on violent crime.

- February 8, 2011
At the U.N.: Agreement Signed with Anti-Gun Group IANSA
We are delighted to announce that on 8 February, IANSA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA).

The MoU paves the way for closer cooperation and joint activities. These include capacity building, training programmes, awareness-raising strategies and the promotion of effective civil society participation in relevant UN meetings, mainstreaming gender and diversity in the field of arms control, disarmament, peace and security.

- February 13, 2012
Cuts Funds in Half for Armed Pilot Counter-Terrorism Program
President Barack Obama's budget ax is falling hard on a program that allows pilots to carry handguns in the cockpit as a last line of defense against terrorists.

Obama's proposed 2013 budget cuts in half funds for the Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) program. The current budget of $25 million a year -- which goes for such things as conducting background checks, training the pilots, and periodic gun proficiency tests and retraining, in addition to administrative costs -- would be cut to $12 million.

- January 6, 2013
White House weighs broad gun-control agenda
The White House is weighing a far broader and more comprehensive approach to curbing the nation’s gun violencethan simply reinstating an expired ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition, according to multiple people involved in the administration’s discussions.

A working group led by Vice President Biden is seriously considering measures backed by key law enforcement leaders that would require universal background checks for firearm buyers, track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthen mental health checks, and stiffen penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors, the sources said.

If this wasn't enough for the average person to have a clear understanding of his agenda then I really have no answer for their stupidity other than baaaaaa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14   #67
surf

Quote:
When Reagan was President and spoke out against guns, did any of you panic (those of you old enough to purchase weapons at the time)?

This is one of the oldest hard line liberal arguments that they like to attempt to cling to. This isn't about Reagan. Stop with the misdirection and stick to the real issue here.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:26   #68
ArmoryDoc

Surf, why are you posting factual information ? It is absolutely irrelevant to the diatribe we're trying to invent. Now, quit it !
Old 02-02-2013, 13:18   #69
mrjinglesusa

Quote:

Quote:

Please take your anti-2nd Amendment trolling to the proper forum.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Old 02-02-2013, 13:23   #70
mtber1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post
Please take your anti-2nd Amendment trolling to the proper forum.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Please take a reading and comprehension class, then get back to me.
Old 02-02-2013, 13:23   #71
mtber1172

Quote:
OK, I pretty much understood why you were here. Agenda's are pretty clear, especially this day in age in regards to firearms forums. Trolling is trolling. However I will take the opportunity that you provided to help the other 2A loving Americans or any Americans for that matter who think that the Constitution is an important document that is the foundation of a great nation, the chance to actually understand the President and his long standing stance on Gun Control.

I know a a good bit about this President. Enough to formulate a good opinion on my own based on personal experience. Where he grew up and more importantly the entitled and extremely radical liberal base in which he was educated. He made the other liberal students look like hard line Conservatives. Ever chat with the man? My first impression when he was President elect after chatting with him and the first lady and watching him work in private and in public was, "Used Car Salesman". He is one slick and charismatic man, gotta give him that, but I couldn't help but think "we are in serious trouble here". One term later and here we still are. While there is more, I think I will leave personal anecdotes at that and just give some of his statistics for others to draw from.

If this wasn't enough for the average person to have a clear understanding of his agenda then I really have no answer for their stupidity other than baaaaaa.
Still no proof of proposed legislation. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?
Old 02-02-2013, 13:24   #72
mtber1172

Quote:
This is one of the oldest hard line liberal arguments that they like to attempt to cling to. This isn't about Reagan. Stop with the misdirection and stick to the real issue here.
Ahh yes. When a mental midget such as yourself can't make a legit point, you refer to the old standby...you're a liberal. Waaaaah
Old 02-02-2013, 13:29   #73
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
I wonder how long it will take for things to settle down. I've been trying to avoid my LGS. I walked into my local MCX to see if they had some pmags in stock and the gun counter line was wrapped around the store. Yesterday I walked into one of my LGS to ask about some gunsmith work and saw a box of beat up pmags in the used section priced at $30+ each.
in that respect, i'm lucky. my lgs refuses to gouge. that includes consignment.

the downside, of course, is it looks like a going out of business sale every day.

i think (pure speculation) you'll see accessories start getting back to normal around may. (p mags, ammo, ammo components, etc)

ebr parts( uppers, lowers, etc), however....i'd bet it'll be 2014 before that calms down. complete rifles will level out around august....again, speculation.
Old 02-02-2013, 14:56   #74
surf

Quote:
Ahh yes. When a mental midget such as yourself can't make a legit point, you refer to the old standby...you're a liberal. Waaaaah
Come back with someone with more intelligent arguments or find better liberal material to regurgitate. Until then this conversation is over.

Oh wait, never mind. There is no need to come back.

Old 02-02-2013, 16:40   #75
K. Foster

Quote:
And exactly what happened in Obummer's political career up to the Sandy Hook shooting that made you or any other wannabe Nostradamus "see it coming"?
There was quite a bit of panic buying when Obama got elected the first time. I knew there was a potential for more, this time around. So, I had my ducks in a row and made sure I was stocked up on ammo and mags by the end of last Sept. Since then, I haven’t had to buy a thing.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58   #76
mtber1172

Quote:
Come back with someone with more intelligent arguments or find better liberal material to regurgitate. Until then this conversation is over.

Oh wait, never mind. There is no need to come back.
Like I said, the typical mental midget response. When someone challenges you, they're automatically labeled a liberal. Weak sauce.

If you had just admitted from the get go that you didn't know the answer to my question, it would have saved us both a lot of time and made you look less of a fool.

Last edited by mtber1172; 02-03-2013 at 10:59..
Old 02-04-2013, 02:26   #77
umadcuzimstylin

Quote:
Prepared for what? People buying media fear tactics?

In case you haven't heard, as of Wed., the AWB has been shot down by a Senate Judiciary Committee.
There are dozens of gun control laws being voted on in congress right now. These communists are dead set on taking as much freedom as they can from us.

As for why things are so bad its a cross between everyone trying to get the guns they always wanted before the communists takes them away and people buying all they can for cheap to sell at inflated prices to the people trying to get what they can before a possible ban.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53   #78
mtber1172

There isn't a single gun control law being voted on at the moment. None of them have reached the floor of House or Senate for a vote.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54   #79
LL6

I went to my LGS in Oct and purchased an EBR, 9 pmags (rifle came w/one to make an even 10) and a case of 5.56. Also bought a case of 9mm to plus up my stock. Didn't really need to make any other ammo purchases for my other weapons.

I based this on common sense. Barry had spent all his political cheddar in his first term on clunkers, green energy, stimulus and his gawd awful health care plan. His dilemma was he needed to stay clean enough for a 2nd term. Most of us have already seen messing with the 2A has been a death knell for Dems during past elections. It made complete sense he would fly under the 2A radar.

Now as a lame duck the gloves can come off, but he isn't stupid. His approach imo is a measured one. One thing looming is the the '14 elections. The Dems can't completely run ripshod because they may shoot themselves in the foot. So the legislation intro'd so far has been from a deep blue state where Feinschwein is relatively safe even if it fails.

Last the individual state governments are having a major impact. I'm glad I'm not in NY. What an effed up thing Cuomo has done to his residents. I've read MN is thinking about similar.

So imo using the excuse that Barry didn't do anything anti-2A during his first term is sticking ones head in the sand.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07   #80
stooxie
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL6 View Post
Last the individual state governments are having a major impact. I'm glad I'm not in NY. What an effed up thing Cuomo has done to his residents. I've read MN is thinking about similar.
MA and MD as well. Probably more.

-Dan

Closed Thread