GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55   #81
umadcuzimstylin
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 56
^ and New Mexico.
umadcuzimstylin is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43   #82
K. Foster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mo.
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL6 View Post
So imo using the excuse that Barry didn't do anything anti-2A during his first term is sticking ones head in the sand.
Good post.
__________________
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional trains until he can't get it wrong.
K. Foster is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:53   #83
ArmoryDoc
Senior Member
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL6 View Post
So imo using the excuse that Barry didn't do anything anti-2A during his first term is sticking ones head in the sand.
It's far worse than that. It's dishonest and misleading.
ArmoryDoc is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57   #84
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,193
"Barry" has almost nothing to do with it.

"Barry" doesn't write or pass laws.

I do not like the man for many reasons, but the continued focus on hating Obummer when the real focus needs to be on the legislature is just silly.

Last edited by M&P15T; 02-04-2013 at 11:58..
M&P15T is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:42   #85
ArmoryDoc
Senior Member
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,897
"Barry" the leader of this nation has done nothing to get to the bottom of the most tragic, and intentional coverup called "Fast and Furious". He should be on top of that investigation, holding Eric Holder completely accountable for his negligence. "Barry" is complicit in this crime, as much as anyone. He owes a most genuine apology the the families of those slain LEO and the American people.

Wake up.
ArmoryDoc is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 16:12   #86
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Foster View Post
Good post.
Tinfoil hat logic is more like it.
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 16:15   #87
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
"Barry" has almost nothing to do with it.

"Barry" doesn't write or pass laws.

I do not like the man for many reasons, but the continued focus on hating Obummer when the real focus needs to be on the legislature is just silly.
Most people on this forum need a serious dose of Poli Sci 101. The ignorance displayed concerning the political process is scary.
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 16:52   #88
K. Foster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mo.
Posts: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
Tinfoil hat logic is more like it.
Trolling for an argument again, huh?
__________________
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional trains until he can't get it wrong.
K. Foster is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 23:28   #89
WASRfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: West PA
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
There isn't a single gun control law being voted on at the moment. None of them have reached the floor of House or Senate for a vote.
Obummer spent today stumping in leftist Minnesota for the gun control laws to be pushed for a vote. He was in front of a room full of cops - calling for - what else - can't have civilians outgunning cops...

And to add insult to insult - Mr. garble-mouth botoxed fake n bake Stallone himself just came out asking for gun control!

Rambo and Cobra and "Shoot em in the head" asking for gun control laws - while he and Hollyweird made billions exploiting gun violence.

Let's hope the Amurikin public isn't so stupid as to miss the hipocrisy of the limo liberals.

So yeah - expect massive movement on gun control bills any day now.
WASRfan is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58   #90
LL6
Senior Member
 
LL6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Off I-40, NC
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
...
"Barry" doesn't write or pass laws.

I do not like the man for many reasons, but the continued focus on hating Obummer when the real focus needs to be on the legislature is just silly.
It goes without saying the bill has to pass the Senate then go to the House, etc...

Barry as the President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress. The Senate has a majority of Dems. We only have the House standing between them and our 2A. So your point is valid.

However, do you think we would be in this situation, all things being equal, if Romney was in rather than Barry?

Hell no.

Hence the hate.
__________________
Mike
G26
LL6 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23   #91
Hipneckonwheels
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
Orrrr a bunch of people living in moms basement with money to burn and watching too much doomsday preppers freaked out and bought anything/everything firearm related for no other reason than panic


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Really? There's "a bunch of people living in their moms' basement" who also have enough money to buy all the firearms and ammo off the shelves?
Where do I get that job?

Maybe you meant there's a bunch of moms (like Adam Lanza's) who are stocking up on those guns so their crazy kid (who wouldn't be able to pass a real background check) can go down in the basement and find whatever he needs....
Hipneckonwheels is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08   #92
mgs
Always Carrying
 
mgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: cogan station, pa, usa
Posts: 3,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipneckonwheels View Post
Really? There's "a bunch of people living in their moms' basement" who also have enough money to buy all the firearms and ammo off the shelves?
Where do I get that job?

Maybe you meant there's a bunch of moms (like Adam Lanza's) who are stocking up on those guns so their crazy kid (who wouldn't be able to pass a real background check) can go down in the basement and find whatever he needs....
That's just one example!
mgs is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 16:15   #93
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Foster View Post
Trolling for an argument again, huh?
Nope. Just laughing at how paranoid some of my fellow Conservatives have become.
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 17:33   #94
bigmoney890
Senior Member
 
bigmoney890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post

What did Obummer do in any shape, form or fashion prior to this last election that made you think he would go after 2A? It's painfully obvious that you're a simpleton who pays little attention to politics, otherwise you'd know the answer is... he didn't do a damn thing.
Maybe the fact that he said publicly, with the entire nation watching, that he wanted an assault weapons ban during a debate. Seems pretty anti-2A to me.
__________________
"you cannot invade the mainland United States, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass..."


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 22:07   #95
Drjones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA, just outside the United States
Posts: 17,908
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to Drjones


Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIadvisor View Post
"This isnít a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war."

Chilling line to say the least.

But everyone on GT says that all the keyboard commandos are going to roll over & turn in their guns without so much as a peep!
__________________
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
Drjones is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06   #96
imforguns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West Iowa
Posts: 2
mtber1172

Have you ever shot a firearm?
Better yet do you even own a firearm?

Jim C
imforguns is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11   #97
mtber1172
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by imforguns View Post
mtber1172

Have you ever shot a firearm?
Better yet do you even own a firearm?

Jim C
You actually are asking me these stupid questions? Seriously, is that the extent that your mental capacity can handle?

I probably shot and owned more firearms in my lifetime than you'll ever even see, touch or handle.

Just because someone doesn't buy into the paranoid retarded mindset of some of you people here, it doesn't mean they're not a gun owner or they don't support the 2nd Amendment.
mtber1172 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26   #98
mgs
Always Carrying
 
mgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: cogan station, pa, usa
Posts: 3,244
Attention folks! We are already in the pot with other frogs and the heat is being turned up. I don't plan on being boiled to death. I don't smoke but look how smokers have been portrayed in the past 10 years.......we are next. Just ask Eric Holder.
mgs is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:42   #99
imforguns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West Iowa
Posts: 2
mtber1172

I have said not one thing about you, I only ask two simply question and you are in my face!
You don' even know me. I may be your best friend.

One more question? Do you support the 2nd Amendment?

Jim C

Last edited by imforguns; 02-06-2013 at 09:43..
imforguns is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 09:53   #100
Deputy
Senior Member
 
Deputy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Silver City, NM, USA
Posts: 402
First off I doubt very much the guns/ammo shortage is going to continue for years. Especially ammo. Latest word is that the assault gun ban will NOT pass and it's doubtful the hi-cap magazine ban will pass. Hell, Harry Reid doesn't even want to bring that crap up in the Senate, and they are more likely to vote yes than the House. The longer it takes for them to vote on it, the less chance it has of passing. The only thing that MAY pass is background checks for gun shows and private purchases. And that will be something that will be difficult if not impossible to enforce. Latest prediction I have heard for shortage of ammo is 9 months. If all these gun control bills fail, I think it will be less than that.
Deputy is online now  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,170
259 Members
911 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42