GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-19-2013, 21:21   #1
Pharaoh

Send a message via ICQ to Pharaoh Send a message via AIM to Pharaoh Send a message via Yahoo to Pharaoh
Dickson, TN GSSF

Hello all,

The folks a Dickson, TN did one heck of a job in prep and setup for the NEW MUD bowel. I had a great time. You could have had as much fun with the old slip-n-slide yard fun. After all the rain Friday, the weather Gods had pity on us lowly humans with good sun light, a light breeze, and good jokes and lots of shooting. So what if you had All terrain rubber on your trusty steed. Once the grooves are filled with gooooooo! forget any movement. Just slip slide and pray.

Want a challenge how about shooting down hill, steep decline on slippery goo? Or uphill on steep inclines on slippery goo? But no Rain. Talk about fun. Quit a great challenge and more fun that cat mud wrestling.

I did manage to have some good runs with a 5 to G unlimited run with only +3 penalty points and a 2.62 sec plate run to boot. But what really tickled me was a 2.46 sec. stock G17 plate run. Had a lot of fun.

See Yall next Year.

Pharaoh
MM Alpha Lodge #172 F&AM
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:49   #2
ede
Bama's Friend

Before you know it you'll be as good as Mike. Glad I missed the mud and fun.
PM Black Diamond 538 F&AM
Bamatrooper taught Chuck Norris how to shoot.
ede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:52   #3
Tbone17
"Shootin Steel"

My Daughter and I got there early Saturday morning. It was a little muddy after all the rain Friday, little humid when the sun came out. No rain though. My daughter shot her best match so far, she is really excited to see the results.
The match seem to be run really well, Ro's did a great job. The glock M and 5 to go seem to be a little shorter than last yr, probably be some low scores shot.
Over all a good match, great Job GSSF and Music City tactical shooters. See Ya'll next year.
Glock Certified Armorer
Tbone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 15:21   #4
Don At PC

Well it was an interesting day on the range. Had a great time though. Yep, the range, she was a muddy one but mud will wash off. Didn't shoot bad for an "Old Geezer" but not great either. I felt pretty good except for leaving a plate or two. All ran pretty smooth, had a small glitch at the plates but it was corrected pretty quickly. The 5 to Glock and "M" stages we shot on ran very smoothly.

No major complaint. I would like to thank all the RO's and folks who worked very hard to produce a great match. Your efforts did not go unnoticed. If the man upstairs is willing I will be back next year. Lets have a cool and dry day next year with a slight cool breeze.

Also Thanks Pharaoh, for starting the thread for the Dickson, TN Match guess nobody else knew there was a match there this past weekend.

Don
NRA Benefactor Life Member
Retired A.F. Chief 1961-1991

Last edited by Don At PC; 05-20-2013 at 15:22..
Don At PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 20:17   #5
Justin1911

Good match I think, I'll plan to go again next year. Got there about 930 Sunday, was done by 1030 with 5 divisions shot. Actually had to slow down a little and pace myself, reload mags, etc! Only about 5-6 shooters when I got there Sunday, and may 10-12 when I left on the range with about 20 RO's, so there was no wait at all. Kind of a nice change from the bigger matches I'm used to. RO's where very friendly, I was joking with one about losing all my brass and he offered to help me pick it and any other brass up after I shot. I declined and told him it was his, but he was serious about it. I'll make up for the lost brass at the Dawsonville match. Saw a "General Lee" dodge charger on the way home, stopped and got a pic of it with my new charger, pretty cool.
Justin1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 20:27   #6
Justin1911

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by Justin1911; 06-21-2013 at 19:54..
Justin1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 22:48   #7
Pharaoh

Send a message via ICQ to Pharaoh Send a message via AIM to Pharaoh Send a message via Yahoo to Pharaoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1911 View Post
Way cool we took the scenic rout going to dinner one evening and saw that and the train caboose parked at the train station a few curves later in town. Sweet old town everyone was at the community center for a function. Just reminds me of Mayberry, Andy, Opie and Barney. Along with some huge houses or mansions. Unreal!
MM Alpha Lodge #172 F&AM
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:36   #8
bryandover

+1 on a smooth match, especially with the conditions. Thanks to all the RO's and GSSF staff for a good job.
bryandover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 13:38   #9
emtjr928

Dickson Recap

John Breeson and the folks @ MCTS worked hard to put on the match while dealing with some challenging weather conditions. All in all I think it went well and all the shooters I talked to enjoyed themselves. I saw a number of old friends and met some new ones as well. Congratulations to the likely winners and I'm glad Pharaoh made it up and down the slopes without major mishap.
On a side note, John said he was adding the lower property to his holdings if I remember correctly. He was happy to have more entries than last year and is hoping for an even bigger, drier and better match next year.
Thanks to all the shooters and volunteers for a successful match.