SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2013, 19:04   #1
opto_isolator
Extinct GOP

I wish Ruger, Beretta, S&W, Glock and others would stop selling to NY, etc

I get it they're in business to make money. But if all of the large manufacturers banded together, some of this silliness may go away. Refuse to sell to ANYONE in these states that are coming up with these atrocious magazine bills. That may get them rethinking their bad laws.
opto_isolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 19:06   #2
Revvv

That would be victory for the anti gun crowd.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 19:18   #3
hogship
It's MY Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post

I was thinking the same thing.

ooc
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 19:24   #4
RonS

Would anything make you rethink your core beliefs? I think it would take more than that, although I sympathize with the thought.
Old 02-16-2013, 19:25   #5
ADK_40GLKr

Wouldn't that be exactly what Junior Cuomo wants?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-16-2013, 19:31   #6
ojabog

Stop selling to the LE and state agencies in New York. That would cause quite a stir. Imagine the Troopers protecting Emperor Cuomo carrying Taurus guns, no offense to Taurus.
Old 02-16-2013, 19:34   #7
Scrappy

Well glock only has one model with less then 7 rds anyway.lol

They should refuse the sale to LE. FBI though, that would make a statement!

Last edited by Scrappy; 02-16-2013 at 19:36..
Scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 20:07   #8
Sdk8103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr View Post
Wouldn't that be exactly what Junior Cuomo wants?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
His dad is one of the reasons we moved from NY 19 years ago, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Sdk8103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 21:50   #9
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
Well glock only has one model with less then 7 rds anyway.lol
And I want it

Old 02-17-2013, 00:03   #10
Boats
Not Assimilated

The idea of Glock crossing their preferred governmental customers borders on the absurd.

Gaston knows very well from his youth experiences how to "just follow orders," wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:22   #11
gunsmoke92

Google Olympic Arms and NY. They basically told NY that they won't be doing any business with any city, county, or state agencies, until they rethink their new gun control laws. Maybe the others will follow the little guys lead.
S&W Club #92, Snubbie club #92, The 21 Club #92, The Big Dawg club #1992
gunsmoke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:42   #12
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke92 View Post
Google Olympic Arms and NY. They basically told NY that they won't be doing any business with any city, county, or state agencies, until they rethink their new gun control laws. Maybe the others will follow the little guys lead.
It seems to me the American owned companies are much more likely to follow Olympic and others doing this already. I doubt the Euro owned companies could care less about the principal of the issue. They have few to no rights in their own country regarding firearms so why would they care about our rights from a moral standpoint like American companies might.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00   #13
Run&Shoot

As I stated in another thread here, I plan to sell my entire Glock "armory" and buy all new S&W if both companies keep on current trajectories. I will loose a few thousand bucks but this **** has to stop. My vote doesn't seem to count so I'll try using my wallet, before transacting in lead with the bastards.
Run&Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:16   #14
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post

How's that? They should sell or service or provide parts or ammo to their LE agencies. That's how you make a statement IMO.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:22   #15
AtlantaR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
It seems to me the American owned companies are much more likely to follow Olympic and others doing this already. I doubt the Euro owned companies could care less about the principal of the issue. They have few to no rights in their own country regarding firearms so why would they care about our rights from a moral standpoint like American companies might.
Glock has one firearm they can legally sell in NY. Regardless of their political beliefs they have a business to run.
AtlantaR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:09   #16
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaR6 View Post
Glock has one firearm they can legally sell in NY. Regardless of their political beliefs they have a business to run.
Oh no doubt, I just don't seem them taking a stand against NY based on a moral issue like some American companies. Simply because they are not an American company.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:42   #17
Redheadhunter21

I wouldn't blame Glock for not changing a thing. There not american based and don't really have a dog in the fight. Now all american gun makers should band together to stop this but, we will see.
Redheadhunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57   #18
Will Beararms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojabog View Post
Stop selling to the LE and state agencies in New York. That would cause quite a stir. Imagine the Troopers protecting Emperor Cuomo carrying Taurus guns, no offense to Taurus.
Or Makarovs
Old 02-17-2013, 12:11   #19
Will Beararms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojabog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Shoot View Post
As I stated in another thread here, I plan to sell my entire Glock "armory" and buy all new S&W if both companies keep on current trajectories. I will loose a few thousand bucks but this **** has to stop. My vote doesn't seem to count so I'll try using my wallet, before transacting in lead with the bastards.
Do you really think S&W would stop selling to LEO agencies in Marxist-controlled cities and states? Heck no they won't. All my shotguns and rifles are Remingtons since in the category of hunting, they are excellent. I thought about moving to the M&P but they are inferior to Glock. In did the research interviewing people who actually carry a handgun daily. The stainless slides on the M&P lose finish after about 10 holster presentations and they rust. The trigger reset is spongy. The take down lever design is sketchy and you have to hold it down during reassembly. The service M&P's I saw had pitted rust on the barrel.

I am not knocking any M&P people here. I am sure you have had good results. I know Glocks have issues too but this is a Glock forum. I would never post this reply on the S&W forum.

I laud manufacturers who leave states or make a stand. We on the other hand do not nee to attack firearms companies since this is exactly what our President and Democrats are all about: Divide and Conquer.

I will say this: If we the people are debarred the use of high capacity mags and assault style rifles then Military and Police should be barred from using too. This is why America is different. It's we the people not a select few.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57   #20
donmor53

As much as I would like to see this happen...this effort would never succeed long term. Someone will always be willing to sell to them...

A boycott of any manufacturer would simply narrow the competition for the hungrier, shorter sighted/politically motivated suppliers.

Capitalism and oportunism...plain and simple.

Last edited by donmor53; 02-17-2013 at 12:58..
donmor53 is offline   Reply With Quote