Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38   #1
bignuglyone
Senior Member
 
bignuglyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: N.W. Indiana
Posts: 111
I found a G19 today

I bought a G23 last month thinking I could get LW 9mm conversion barrel. It appears though that the current "crisis" extends into every aspect including gun parts/accessory's. So then I find G19's are non existent. I'd just about given up on a G19 until this morning when I found the last one in stock at Cabelas down the road. It's a Gen4 but it came with 3-15rd mags.
__________________
NRA Lifer, Poor Speller
bignuglyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:59   #2
John_NJ
Senior Member
 
John_NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignuglyone View Post
I bought a G23 last month thinking I could get LW 9mm conversion barrel. It appears though that the current "crisis" extends into every aspect including gun parts/accessory's. So then I find G19's are non existent. I'd just about given up on a G19 until this morning when I found the last one in stock at Cabelas down the road. It's a Gen4 but it came with 3-15rd mags.
Congrats on the find. I did see some gen 3 G19s at cheaper than dirt for 659. Don't know if they are still there.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Glock G19, 21, 22, 23, 26

Don’t respond to the stupidity of a fool; you’ll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 13:00   #3
Browner
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 75
Yeah last Thursday a G19 Gen 4 showed up here at a LGS. They seem to be coming in here and there. I grabbed it in case to go with my other G19s. Congrats on your 19, as well as your 23. I hope things will calm down as production gets caught up. Ron
Browner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 13:00   #4
jglsprings
Senior Member
 
jglsprings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignuglyone View Post
I bought a G23 last month thinking I could get LW 9mm conversion barrel. It appears though that the current "crisis" extends into every aspect including gun parts/accessory's. So then I find G19's are non existent. I'd just about given up on a G19 until this morning when I found the last one in stock at Cabelas down the road. It's a Gen4 but it came with 3-15rd mags.

So, did you buy it? If not, race back and get it.
__________________
An Internet forum is like having a friendly conversation over a drink at a local tavern.

Some guy at the end of the bar always has to stand up and shout something that makes no sense at all.

Last edited by jglsprings; 01-30-2013 at 13:02..
jglsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 13:01   #5
Montblanc
Member
 
Montblanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 98
seems like a few are coming in but they are always snapped up fast. Get them while you can folks!
Montblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 13:37   #6
bignuglyone
Senior Member
 
bignuglyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: N.W. Indiana
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglsprings View Post
So, did you buy it? If not, race back and get it.
Yes I bought it, $599 and $49 tax. I live down the street from this Cabelas. I stop there once a week to see the used guns. For the last six weeks I've avoided the place. The counter guy told me they're getting Glocks in in ones and twos. Their check out/pay for the gun, procedure is mind boggling. I won't start the procedure unless there's no one in line. If I see a gun and it's crowded I put it on a five day hold and come back at 9a.m next day when they open to buy it. Nobody was there at 9 a.m. today so I was out the door with the gun in 30 mins.
__________________
NRA Lifer, Poor Speller

Last edited by bignuglyone; 01-30-2013 at 13:40..
bignuglyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 13:43   #7
Three-Five-Seven
Señor Mombo
 
Three-Five-Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Tucson
Posts: 3,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignuglyone View Post
Yes I bought it, $599 and $49 tax. I live down the street from this Cabelas. I stop there once a week to see the used guns. For the last six weeks I've avoided the place. The counter guy told me they're getting Glocks in in ones and twos. Their check out/pay for the gun, procedure is mind boggling. I won't start the procedure unless there's no one in line. If I see a gun and it's crowded I put it on a five day hold and come back at 9a.m next day when they open to buy it. Nobody was there at 9 a.m. today so I was out the door with the gun in 30 mins.
That store is almost impossible to get out of. I bought a gun there once -- what a marathon!
__________________
That I could be wrong is an eventuality that has not escaped me. I just painted the pictures as I saw them. I do not know how to do anything else. (Saint Elmer, 1955)
Three-Five-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 20:34   #8
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 91,652
Congrats on the G19.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:51   #9
bignuglyone
Senior Member
 
bignuglyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: N.W. Indiana
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Congrats on the G19.
Thanks, it's amazing. In the space of the last six weeks the 19 seems to be the most sought after handgun in the US.
__________________
NRA Lifer, Poor Speller

Last edited by bignuglyone; 01-31-2013 at 14:40..
bignuglyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 14:38   #10
TRIGGER_1
Senior Member
 
TRIGGER_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 255
bignuglyone....Congrats to you.....Hope you can find some extra mags too......
TRIGGER_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 15:22   #11
AdrianVall
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 41
Cool! Congrats man.
AdrianVall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 18:54   #12
GlockFanWA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 639
A Glock 19 is next on my list, if I can find a Gen1
GlockFanWA is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:47.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,126
378 Members
748 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31