Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2013, 21:47   #21
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

I have the Burris on a 10-22. Its OK for range work or shooting squirrels.

I have three Aimpoint micros a T-1 and two T-3s'.

The T3 is about $50 less than the T1 and has more adjustment in the visible spectrum. The only thing it doesn't have that that T1 does have is Night Vision Compatability.

Since I can never envision buying a NV device I don't care and would rather have more adjustment in the visible spectrum...

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 21:58   #22
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

while I am a big fan of Vortex and can get them at cost, I still chose to pay more than double for an Aimpoint PRO......
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 23:56   #23
musclegto

Just bought a Aimpoint Micro online. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas...
musclegto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:31   #24
samuse

I've seen a few Vortex red dots. Every last one of 'em failed within a couple of weeks and they killed batteries.

I don't understand why people would recommend something like that.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55   #25
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
I've seen a few Vortex red dots. Every last one of 'em failed within a couple of weeks and they killed batteries.

Mine works great. Everyone I have encountered that uses them recommends them, and that's why I bought one. You are the first person I have ever encountered that stated this. Maybe I'm just lucky...or maybe you weren't. Your mileage may vary.

Everything about the Aimpoint is true, though. I still have a working model 3000 from 1989.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16   #26
musclegto

well I just realized that for the price of the micro I could have gotten me a nice little xds 45 acp.... buyers remorse?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:41   #27
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

The Micro will actually work.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 19:11   #28
ILannoyed

Count me among the converted. Just got a PRO and am really pleased. Very cool optic, clearly very well made.
ILannoyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 19:46   #29
AsSeenOnTV

I luv my aimpont Pro
Black Rifle Forum
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:29   #30
MAXG

I'll be the black sheep and strongly recommend you look at the Lucid HD7. I love it and everyone I've showed it to is impressed by it. Assuming you're not getting called up to the SEALS anytime soon, I can't imagine you'll regret it. If you do, you'll be the first I've met.

MG, value is king

-----
Above all cursed be the tame, dull spirit which bears life's evils patiently. - Faust
MAXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 21:57   #31
TunaFisherman
Halibut Hunter

Aimpoint
Or if you wana go cheap Vortex.
Another option is http://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Store_s/57.htm alot of guys use them and seem very happy. I know their CS is very good.

Last edited by TunaFisherman; 02-01-2013 at 21:59..
TunaFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:35   #32
musclegto

kind of a off topic question. I got a NIB Sig M400. Only one mag came with the rifle, do these usually come with a couple of mags? I have a suspicion the seller kept one?

Last edited by musclegto; 02-02-2013 at 02:35..
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27   #33
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXG View Post
I'll be the black sheep and strongly recommend you look at the Lucid HD7. I love it and everyone I've showed it to is impressed by it. Assuming you're not getting called up to the SEALS anytime soon, I can't imagine you'll regret it. If you do, you'll be the first I've met.

MG, value is king
I say bypass the Lucid. I purchased one a couple years ago. The first one wouldn't turn on. They did send one out extremely fast however. Their customer service was awesome.

When I received a working optic I was a little disappointed. It was heavy and there was a visible square outlining the reticles. I sold it for a loss.

The desire to have quality optics has nothing to do w/ being called up to the SEALS. Why do you need to be fighting a war in order to demand quality? You don't.

Though it was a good experience I do regret purchasing the Lucid. It put me even further from the quality optic I ended up purchasing.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 20:41   #34
pgg00

I will also say go with a quality optic. Aimpoint, Eotech, or trijicon. I prefer the Eotech over the aim point myself, that is personal preference though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 22:06   #35
MAXG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I say bypass the Lucid. I purchased one a couple years ago. The first one wouldn't turn on. They did send one out extremely fast however. Their customer service was awesome.

When I received a working optic I was a little disappointed. It was heavy and there was a visible square outlining the reticles. I sold it for a loss.

The desire to have quality optics has nothing to do w/ being called up to the SEALS. Why do you need to be fighting a war in order to demand quality? You don't.

Though it was a good experience I do regret purchasing the Lucid. It put me even further from the quality optic I ended up purchasing.

The SEALS comment was of course facetious. I too believe in buying quality. The Lucid is better quality than I will likely make use of. I view a red dot as a CQB tool. As such, I have different expectations of it than a long range scope. Yes it must hold zero and be durable, and I have found the Lucid to be this. For my uses, I don't see twice the utility in an Aimpoint for twice the price it would cost me. As they used to say in Detroit, your mileage may vary.

MG

-----
Above all cursed be the tame, dull spirit which bears life's evils patiently. - Faust
MAXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 22:29   #36
USMCsilver
Bolt Life©

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post

I own one Vortex, and four Aimpoints.

I like the controls better for the Vortex. Also, I do believe that they have a LIFETIME warranty, vs. Aimpoint's 10-year warranty.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:49   #37
el_monstro

I'm just about of buying a red dot, so this question is kinda important for me. My cousin's buddy has MCS by Armasight for his toy and sais it's great unit. Personally I can't guarantee that MCS is as god as I've heard but I believe I'll choose this one.
el_monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:16   #38
smitret

Burris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclegto View Post
Picking out a scope, I was leaning towards a red dot sight for about $250. I took a look at a Burris fast fire red dot today and was not too impressed with the red "dot", seemed more like a blob to me. Also, the sight was tiny, looked like it could be knocked off easily. This is the other one I was looking at

Amazon.com: Burris SpeedDot 135 1 x 35mm Red Dot Sights with Weaver-Style Mounting Rings: Sports & Outdoors

Any advice is welcome, can't wait to have this baby ready...
I have a Burris Speeddot 135 with a 3moa dot and do very well with it.

Holds zero, dot is crisp which makes head shots at 100yds
very doable.

Until mine fails I would find spending more money difficult to justify.

It seems sturdy enough to me.

Good Luck
smitret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:22   #39
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Aimpoint is where it's at. If it needs to work, you need to spend the money.

If it's just a toy or a range gun and you can deal with making use of the warranty, having batteries that are dead, forgetting to turn it on, etc, Primary Arms would be my low budget option.

I intend to get a Primary Arms red dot for my 15-22, for example.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 16:26   #40
BigDog40

+ 1 for the Aimpoint PRO