GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 16:54   #1
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
When was the Father revealed?

Some say He is in the Old Test, some say the New Test, some say He hasnt been yet.

Please explain when you think and please use scripture to explain you point.


Now this is topic has nothing to due with atheists but I bet the trolls will tear it up. Be warned though if trolled upon it will be reported.


Lets continue, peace.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 17:51   #2
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Revealed to who?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 17:55   #3
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,189


And the truce is over just that quick?
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 17:56   #4
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,427
I guess I would roll with Adam if we are talking about being revealed to mankind. As for scripture it would be Genesis, somewhere in Chapter 2.
__________________
=================================
Warranty voiding
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:45   #5
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
I guess I would roll with Adam if we are talking about being revealed to mankind. As for scripture it would be Genesis, somewhere in Chapter 2.
That's why I asked to who. Does Adam count? Or are we talking post Eden?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:39   #6
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
I guess I would roll with Adam if we are talking about being revealed to mankind. As for scripture it would be Genesis, somewhere in Chapter 2.
That was my thought - talked directly to 100% of mankind in Genesis.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:27   #7
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 10,663
The full revelation of the Father was in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35   #8
Brasso
Senior Member
 
Brasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Stranger in a strange land.
Posts: 8,631
Joh 14:6 יהושע said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Joh 14:7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father too. From now on you know Him, and have seen.”
Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, “Master, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
Joh 14:9 יהושע said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Joh 14:10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.
__________________
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Joh 14:6 יהושע said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Joh 14:7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father too. From now on you know Him, and have seen.”
Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, “Master, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
Joh 14:9 יהושע said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Joh 14:10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.

Yet your avatar implies that you are Jewish, which certainly raises some questions about taking Jesus' word for it.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44   #10
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,869
God was first revealed to Man with Adam in the garden of Eden.
After that, God appeared to man many times and in different ways.

Jesus Christ was the physical manifestation of God to man.

Today God reveals himself to man in countless ways, but mankind has drifted so far into sin that he's lost the ability to recognize God's attempts to communicate with him.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:53   #11
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
So far I have to agree with Brasso, the Father wasnt revealed until the book of John in which Jesus revealed Him. There is one pave in the psalms where the Father is mentioned.Many dont realize Jesus was the Word in the old test, He was the one doing, speaking to everyone. The Father was not revealed yet in the OT.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57   #12
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
The full revelation of the Father was in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Fcoulter didn't say full revelation though. Just when first revealed.
__________________
=================================
Warranty voiding
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:57   #13
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,869
What is the definition of "revealed", as opposed to "appeared"?

God appeared to Abraham several times in the OT?
Doesn't that count?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00   #14
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
So far I have to agree with Brasso, the Father wasnt revealed until the book of John in which Jesus revealed Him. There is one pave in the psalms where the Father is mentioned.Many dont realize Jesus was the Word in the old test, He was the one doing, speaking to everyone. The Father was not revealed yet in the OT.
I don't know. We may be talking semantics here but when God is talking to Adam I'd say he revealed himself to him.

Perhaps it's best if you were to explain what you mean by revealed so we can be on the same page.
__________________
=================================
Warranty voiding
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 13:19   #15
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
So far I have to agree with Brasso, the Father wasnt revealed until the book of John in which Jesus revealed Him. There is one pave in the psalms where the Father is mentioned.Many dont realize Jesus was the Word in the old test, He was the one doing, speaking to everyone. The Father was not revealed yet in the OT.
So are you saying that you believe that it was Jesus interacting with Adam and not God? Are you saying that God was incapable of revealing himself without Christ?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:22   #16
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What is the definition of "revealed", as opposed to "appeared"?

God appeared to Abraham several times in the OT?
Doesn't that count?
Actually God did appeat to abraham, but it was God ( the Word) not God the Father.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:25   #17
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
So are you saying that you believe that it was Jesus interacting with Adam and not God? Are you saying that God was incapable of revealing himself without Christ?
It was the Word interacting with Adam, not the Father.

John 17 is clear who did all the creating, and Nothing was done except by the Word. The Father did NOT personally do anything in the OT. He wasnt revealed yet.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 14:32   #18
knotquiteawake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rowlett, TX (Dallas or there abouts
Posts: 188
We were just talking about this the other night in bible study. Exodus and the burning bush is the first time God is given a name, "I AM", and (post Eden) where he manifests himself (via the burning bush and surrounding the mountain with smoke) to mankind.
knotquiteawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:18   #19
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
It was the Word interacting with Adam, not the Father.

John 17 is clear who did all the creating, and Nothing was done except by the Word. The Father did NOT personally do anything in the OT. He wasnt revealed yet.
Then who was it that ordered all the slaughters and invasions in the OT? Who was it that gave the law to Moses?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:16   #20
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Then who was it that ordered all the slaughters and invasions in the OT? Who was it that gave the law to Moses?
The Word!
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:28   #21
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 10,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotquiteawake View Post
We were just talking about this the other night in bible study. Exodus and the burning bush is the first time God is given a name, "I AM", and (post Eden) where he manifests himself (via the burning bush and surrounding the mountain with smoke) to mankind.
This was not the Father at the burning bush. It was the Son.


John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:40   #22
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
The Word!
And The Word is Christ, or the Son, or is it another separate aspect of divinity?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:27   #23
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
It was the Word interacting with Adam, not the Father.

John 17 is clear who did all the creating, and Nothing was done except by the Word. The Father did NOT personally do anything in the OT. He wasnt revealed yet.
But in Genesis 3 it clearly states that the Lord God came down and walked in Eden in the cool of the day and Adam hid from him. It said the Lord God and not the word... how is it that you interpret this as being the word. Simply because of John 17? The bible contradicts itself in lots of places.

What version of Christianity do you follow by the way?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:43   #24
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But in Genesis 3 it clearly states that the Lord God came down and walked in Eden in the cool of the day and Adam hid from him. It said the Lord God and not the word... how is it that you interpret this as being the word. Simply because of John 17? The bible contradicts itself in lots of places.

What version of Christianity do you follow by the way?
John 1 states clearly in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God (The Father).

No contradictions only misunderstandings.

I follow the version taught throughout the Bible, sadly mainstream Christianity has missed the mark.

Last edited by FCoulter; 02-02-2013 at 08:46..
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45   #25
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
And The Word is Christ, or the Son, or is it another separate aspect of divinity?
The Word later became known as Jesus, The Word was and is never The Father. They are only ONE in thought and action. Not ONE in personage.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,169
345 Members
824 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42