Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2013, 17:54   #1
FCoulter

When was the Father revealed?

Some say He is in the Old Test, some say the New Test, some say He hasnt been yet.

Please explain when you think and please use scripture to explain you point.

Now this is topic has nothing to due with atheists but I bet the trolls will tear it up. Be warned though if trolled upon it will be reported.

Lets continue, peace.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 18:51   #2
Glock36shooter

Revealed to who?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 18:55   #3
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

And the truce is over just that quick?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 18:56   #4
Roering
Sorting nuts

I guess I would roll with Adam if we are talking about being revealed to mankind. As for scripture it would be Genesis, somewhere in Chapter 2.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:45   #5
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
I guess I would roll with Adam if we are talking about being revealed to mankind. As for scripture it would be Genesis, somewhere in Chapter 2.
That's why I asked to who. Does Adam count? Or are we talking post Eden?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:39   #6
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
That was my thought - talked directly to 100% of mankind in Genesis.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27   #7
Vic Hays

The full revelation of the Father was in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:35   #8
Brasso

Joh 14:6 יהושע said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Joh 14:7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father too. From now on you know Him, and have seen.”
Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, “Master, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
Joh 14:9 יהושע said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Joh 14:10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:24   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Joh 14:6 יהושע said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Joh 14:7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father too. From now on you know Him, and have seen.”
Joh 14:8 Philip said to Him, “Master, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
Joh 14:9 יהושע said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
Joh 14:10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.

Yet your avatar implies that you are Jewish, which certainly raises some questions about taking Jesus' word for it.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:44   #10
JBnTX
JB in Tx

God was first revealed to Man with Adam in the garden of Eden.
After that, God appeared to man many times and in different ways.

Jesus Christ was the physical manifestation of God to man.

Today God reveals himself to man in countless ways, but mankind has drifted so far into sin that he's lost the ability to recognize God's attempts to communicate with him.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53   #11
FCoulter

So far I have to agree with Brasso, the Father wasnt revealed until the book of John in which Jesus revealed Him. There is one pave in the psalms where the Father is mentioned.Many dont realize Jesus was the Word in the old test, He was the one doing, speaking to everyone. The Father was not revealed yet in the OT.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57   #12
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
The full revelation of the Father was in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Fcoulter didn't say full revelation though. Just when first revealed.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57   #13
JBnTX
JB in Tx

What is the definition of "revealed", as opposed to "appeared"?

God appeared to Abraham several times in the OT?
Doesn't that count?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00   #14
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
So far I have to agree with Brasso, the Father wasnt revealed until the book of John in which Jesus revealed Him. There is one pave in the psalms where the Father is mentioned.Many dont realize Jesus was the Word in the old test, He was the one doing, speaking to everyone. The Father was not revealed yet in the OT.
I don't know. We may be talking semantics here but when God is talking to Adam I'd say he revealed himself to him.

Perhaps it's best if you were to explain what you mean by revealed so we can be on the same page.

Old 02-01-2013, 14:19   #15
Glock36shooter

Quote:
So are you saying that you believe that it was Jesus interacting with Adam and not God? Are you saying that God was incapable of revealing himself without Christ?
Old 02-01-2013, 15:22   #16
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
What is the definition of "revealed", as opposed to "appeared"?

God appeared to Abraham several times in the OT?
Doesn't that count?
Actually God did appeat to abraham, but it was God ( the Word) not God the Father.
Old 02-01-2013, 15:25   #17
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
So are you saying that you believe that it was Jesus interacting with Adam and not God? Are you saying that God was incapable of revealing himself without Christ?
It was the Word interacting with Adam, not the Father.

John 17 is clear who did all the creating, and Nothing was done except by the Word. The Father did NOT personally do anything in the OT. He wasnt revealed yet.
Old 02-01-2013, 15:32   #18
knotquiteawake

We were just talking about this the other night in bible study. Exodus and the burning bush is the first time God is given a name, "I AM", and (post Eden) where he manifests himself (via the burning bush and surrounding the mountain with smoke) to mankind.
knotquiteawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 23:18   #19
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
It was the Word interacting with Adam, not the Father.

John 17 is clear who did all the creating, and Nothing was done except by the Word. The Father did NOT personally do anything in the OT. He wasnt revealed yet.
Then who was it that ordered all the slaughters and invasions in the OT? Who was it that gave the law to Moses?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:16   #20
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Then who was it that ordered all the slaughters and invasions in the OT? Who was it that gave the law to Moses?
The Word!