SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:28   #21
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotquiteawake View Post
We were just talking about this the other night in bible study. Exodus and the burning bush is the first time God is given a name, "I AM", and (post Eden) where he manifests himself (via the burning bush and surrounding the mountain with smoke) to mankind.
This was not the Father at the burning bush. It was the Son.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40   #22
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
The Word!
And The Word is Christ, or the Son, or is it another separate aspect of divinity?
Old 02-02-2013, 08:27   #23
Glock36shooter

Quote:
It was the Word interacting with Adam, not the Father.

John 17 is clear who did all the creating, and Nothing was done except by the Word. The Father did NOT personally do anything in the OT. He wasnt revealed yet.
But in Genesis 3 it clearly states that the Lord God came down and walked in Eden in the cool of the day and Adam hid from him. It said the Lord God and not the word... how is it that you interpret this as being the word. Simply because of John 17? The bible contradicts itself in lots of places.

What version of Christianity do you follow by the way?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43   #24
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But in Genesis 3 it clearly states that the Lord God came down and walked in Eden in the cool of the day and Adam hid from him. It said the Lord God and not the word... how is it that you interpret this as being the word. Simply because of John 17? The bible contradicts itself in lots of places.

John 1 states clearly in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God (The Father).

No contradictions only misunderstandings.

I follow the version taught throughout the Bible, sadly mainstream Christianity has missed the mark.

Last edited by FCoulter; 02-02-2013 at 09:46..
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:45   #25
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
And The Word is Christ, or the Son, or is it another separate aspect of divinity?
The Word later became known as Jesus, The Word was and is never The Father. They are only ONE in thought and action. Not ONE in personage.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40   #26
Vic Hays

Most people do not realize that it was the Son that created everything. It was the Son that wrote the words of the Covenant, the Ten Commandments, with His finger in the stone Tables of the Covenant. Jesus is and was the lawgiver.

Jesus at this time has all authority in heaven and earth. After everything is subdued by Jesus, He will give that authority back to the Father. Jesus by reason of His birth among men is forever linked to mankind. This link allows our salvation.

Jesus is worthy.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48   #27
fowl intent

I am pretty sure the Jewish members would disagree with your interpretation of THEIR old testament.
fowl intent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 13:55   #28
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowl intent View Post
I am pretty sure the Jewish members would disagree with your interpretation of THEIR old testament.
Well Brasso is Jewish, I dont think he disagrees. Also, it is NOT the jewish Old Test. The entire Bible is Gods word to Mankind.
Old 02-02-2013, 14:27   #29
fowl intent

I assume Brasso can speak for himself, but if he is truly Jewish, then I doubt he believes that Jesus created the world in Genesis.
fowl intent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 15:20   #30
Snapper2

I want to believe what FCoulter is saying is true. The Father could not be revealed until reconciliation had taken place.Before that only the Promise was revealed.
Colossians 1:13-18

Last edited by Snapper2; 02-02-2013 at 15:31..
Snapper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 15:34   #31
Glock36shooter

Quote:
John 1 states clearly in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God (The Father).

No contradictions only misunderstandings.

I follow the version taught throughout the Bible, sadly mainstream Christianity has missed the mark.
Interesting... when do you think John 1 was written?
Old 02-02-2013, 16:13   #32
FCoulter

Quote:
Interesting... when do you think John 1 was written?
The books of the New Testament were written between 26 and 96 AD, a period of almost seventy years. As internal evidence reveals, Jesus’ disciples recorded His message and began to circulate these writings throughout Palestine and the Empire at a very early date. These documents were later collected into the Gospel accounts— Matthew’s account may have appeared as early as 35 AD; Mark wrote his account shortly after, in 42 AD, and Luke wrote his account around 59 AD. The Gospel of John also was written about 42 AD.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:14   #33
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowl intent View Post
I assume Brasso can speak for himself, but if he is truly Jewish, then I doubt he believes that Jesus created the world in Genesis.
Believe it or not there are many Messianic Jewish believers.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:47   #34
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Quote:

his own special version...........really special

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:17   #35
Glock36shooter

Quote:
The books of the New Testament were written between 26 and 96 AD, a period of almost seventy years. As internal evidence reveals, Jesus’ disciples recorded His message and began to circulate these writings throughout Palestine and the Empire at a very early date. These documents were later collected into the Gospel accounts— Matthew’s account may have appeared as early as 35 AD; Mark wrote his account shortly after, in 42 AD, and Luke wrote his account around 59 AD. The Gospel of John also was written about 42 AD.
So you are accepting John's interpretation of scripture written about 6 or 700 years prior? Not only that but it was passed along via oral tradition for about another 700 years before that. When God says that Adam had become like "US" this is a clear connection to the fact that the ancient Israelites were polytheistic... hence the whole "No God's Before Me". You can't use John as proof that God was talking about Jesus as it was written well after. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's correct. Especially when the tale it's trying to reconcile is even older.
Old 02-02-2013, 23:32   #36
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
The Word later became known as Jesus, The Word was and is never The Father. They are only ONE in thought and action. Not ONE in personage.
Then it would be correct to say that Jesus ordered the genocides in the Old Testament and handed down the legal code that dictated punishments such as execution for not respecting one's parents and endorsed the practice of slavery?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08   #37
Glock36shooter

Quote:
The Word!
Jesus ordered people be put to the sword? What about Thou Shalt Not Kill?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:17   #38
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Also, it is NOT the jewish Old Test. The entire Bible is Gods word to Mankind.
Noooo the Jews were God's chosen people. The original portions of the bible were for them. The parts added later (That you seem to think reinterprets the originals) brought everyone else in.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:53   #39
FCoulter

Quote:
So you are accepting John's interpretation of scripture written about 6 or 700 years prior? Not only that but it was passed along via oral tradition for about another 700 years before that. When God says that Adam had become like "US" this is a clear connection to the fact that the ancient Israelites were polytheistic... hence the whole "No God's Before Me". You can't use John as proof that God was talking about Jesus as it was written well after. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's correct. Especially when the tale it's trying to reconcile is even older.
2Tim.3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and isprofitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

I never said the "us" in Gen. Was Jesus only.

John 1 clearly shows in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God, and the Word was with God. This is clearly showing that in the 1 God family there are more than 1 member. John 17 shows that those in the God family are 1 in thought and action, NOT 1 in person.

Now lets stay on topic, I am beginning to see the trolls emerging and as stated in the OP, will be delt with.

Last edited by FCoulter; 02-03-2013 at 06:19..
Old 02-03-2013, 05:54   #40
FCoulter

Quote:
Jesus ordered people be put to the sword? What about Thou Shalt Not Kill?
No the command is thou shall not murder, big difference from thou shall not kill.