SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:58   #41
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Noooo the Jews were God's chosen people. The original portions of the bible were for them. The parts added later (That you seem to think reinterprets the originals) brought everyone else in.
Nope the jews are comprise of 2 of the tribes of Israel. The whole house of Israel is Gods chosen people.

See what I mean, when I say the Bible doesnt contradict itself, only people misinterpret it.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13   #42
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper2 View Post
I want to believe what FCoulter is saying is true. The Father could not be revealed until reconciliation had taken place.Before that only the Promise was revealed.
Moses received a partial revelation of God.

Exodus 33:21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
Exodus 33:22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
Exodus 33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Exodus 34:6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

So it was that the Lords glory and especially His character was beginning to be revealed along with the revelation of His Ten Commandment covenant.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 02-03-2013 at 06:15..
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:10   #43
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
2Tim.3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and isprofitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
What about the Gospel of Judas?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12   #44
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Nope the jews are comprise of 2 of the tribes of Israel. The whole house of Israel is Gods chosen people.

See what I mean, when I say the Bible doesnt contradict itself, only people misinterpret it.
Oh it contradicts itself plenty. But many religious folk pound the puzzle pieces until they force them to fit the way they want them too.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:13   #45
Glock36shooter

Quote:
No the command is thou shall not murder, big difference from thou shall not kill.
And what would you call the slaying of neighboring people because they wouldn't pay tribute?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42   #46
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I wondered how long that would take.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-03-2013 at 08:43..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:54   #47
FCoulter

Quote:
And what would you call the slaying of neighboring people because they wouldn't pay tribute?
I can answer all your questions no problem. However, you are not on topic with this thread, and I sense you are here with an agenda which will not be allowed in this thread. This is my last warning stay on topic, no trolling or I will report your agenda.

Last edited by FCoulter; 02-03-2013 at 08:55..
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19   #48
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I can answer all your questions no problem. However, you are not on topic with this thread, and I sense you are here with an agenda which will not be allowed in this thread. This is my last warning stay on topic, no trolling or I will report your agenda.
I am on topic. You are perpetuating the idea that it was in fact Christ that created the earth and heavens in genesis. And that the Father wasn't revealed until much later. If this is the case it was Christ that ordained the horrors allowed in the OT via God's laws and commands. Things like murder, rape, and slavery. This is HIGHLY contradictory to the Son's message later in the NT. In the more traditional Christian view that it was Yaweh in the OT who is known to be a jealous and wrathful God and Christ in the NT who came full of love and forgiveness this lends a bit of a wall of separation. However with what you are presenting... it was always Christ... and this either makes Christ a giant hypocrite or a liar. You can't call it trolling just because I disagree with you. Well, I guess you can, but you'd be also wrong about that as well.

Oh, and you didn't answer any of my questions.

What about the Word commanding the Israelites to put those that wouldn't pay tribute to the sword?

What about the Gospel of Judas? It was a group of men that decided this was not good scripture yet it's author would claim Divine Inspiration. This is in response to your quote that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness". What about the MANY Gospels left out. What MAN is to say they are also not inspired by God?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-04-2013 at 06:24..
Old 02-05-2013, 00:45   #49
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
And the truce is over just that quick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I wondered how long that would take.
What is it you are trying to imply?

Quote:
...This is my last warning stay on topic, no trolling or I will report your agenda.
Man the threats are flying around. God forbid we have theological disagreements.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46   #50
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Man the threats are flying around. God forbid we have theological disagreements.
You are correct. Hijacking the thread is trolling and not a theological disagreement.

The topic is, "When was the Father revealed". The threats will probably stop when a reasonable discussion is pursued.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56   #51
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
You are correct. Hijacking the thread is trolling and not a theological disagreement.

The topic is, "When was the Father revealed". The threats will probably stop when a reasonable discussion is pursued.
But in your world being reasonable means not pointing out the glaring falsehoods of your religious text. If we aren't willing to agree to it's "Truth" then we're trolling. Your idea of reasonable is a conversation between believers only to see who believes most correctly. Once someone steps in that disagrees completely you claim you're being attacked.

Allowing a late comer like John to completely reinterpret another people's religion is absurd.

This entire line of discussion about warnings, and threats, and reporting people is just a deflection to get away from a counter argument to your mythology. You don't like to read the facts that don't support your faith and so you want to silence them. The threat to report people for disagreeing because you label that as trolling is just an escape tactic. It... in and of itself is hijacking the thread. So point your finger somewhere else.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-05-2013 at 10:57..
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58   #52
Vic Hays

Quote:
But in your world being reasonable means not pointing out the glaring falsehoods of your religious text. If we aren't willing to agree to it's "Truth" then we're trolling. Your idea of reasonable is a conversation between believers only to see who believes most correctly. Once someone steps in that disagrees completely you claim you're being attacked.

Yes, trolling and hijacking the thread are attacks. Your, "glaring falsehoods" are off topic and against the forum rules. If you wish to air your "glaring falsehoods then start a new thread.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:22   #53
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post

Yes, trolling and hijacking the thread are attacks. Your, "glaring falsehoods" are off topic and against the forum rules. If you wish to air your "glaring falsehoods then start a new thread.
They aren't off topic. We are talking about reimagining the OT through the focus of John. By assuming such is true it alters the original religion that the OT was based around.

You only want a discussion on how what you believe is true. That isn't going to happen.

You pitching a fit is what's off topic and an attempt to silence the opposition. you are derailing this thread.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-05-2013 at 12:28..
Old 02-05-2013, 16:07   #54
FCoulter

Quote:

Allowing a late comer like John to completely reinterpret another people's religion is absurd.

This entire line of discussion about warnings, and threats, and reporting people is just a deflection to get away from a counter argument to your mythology. You don't like to read the facts that don't support your faith and so you want to silence them. The threat to report people for disagreeing because you label that as trolling is just an escape tactic. It... in and of itself is hijacking the thread. So point your finger somewhere else.
I have tried to be patient with. It is obvious you have only one agenda. I have asked you nicely more than once to stay on topic. You seem to think your reasoning is above forum rules. I will leave that up to an admin to decide.
Old 02-05-2013, 16:34   #55
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I have tried to be patient with. It is obvious you have only one agenda. I have asked you nicely more than once to stay on topic. You seem to think your reasoning is above forum rules. I will leave that up to an admin to decide.
Go right ahead. I am discussing the implications of your topic. I get that you don't like that they disagree with your point of view.

I think you're just going to wind up bothering the admins and making their already headache of a job even worse. You can't start a thread and say only people that agree with you can participate. Or that if I discuss related ideas and concepts that pertain to your topic I'm somehow trolling.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-05-2013 at 16:44..
Old 02-05-2013, 17:45   #56
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
What about the Gospel of Judas?
Not Cannon. In other words it didn't make the cut.

You causing trouble in here Glock36?

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 18:05   #57
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Not Cannon. In other words it didn't make the cut.
Of course I knew that. But the point was that all scripture is supposedly given us by inspiration of God. But it seems that it's Men who pick and choose what is cannon. How can anyone be sure they chose correctly? When did God appoint these men who chose? Stuff like that. How is it that you are sure what you are following is what God wants?

Quote:
You causing trouble in here Glock36?
I didn't think I was. But apparently a few people have decided that it's a violation of GT TOS is you disagree with them or follow their logic to it's conclusion LOL.
Old 02-05-2013, 18:31   #58
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Of course I knew that. But the point was that all scripture is supposedly given us by inspiration of God. But it seems that it's Men who pick and choose what is cannon. How can anyone be sure they chose correctly? When did God appoint these men who chose? Stuff like that. How is it that you are sure what you are following is what God wants?
Fair questions....good questions. I've trusted those of whom I believe God has commissioned throughout the ages for such tasks of writing, and determining what is Cannon. Is there more to that, sure. Text has been examined and scrutinized prior to making it into Cannon but at the end of the day, there is trusting in God.

Quote:
I didn't think I was. But apparently a few people have decided that it's a violation of GT TOS is you disagree with them or follow their logic to it's conclusion LOL.
Happens a lot here.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50   #59
Brasso

I'm not Jewish.

I'm Messianic. Nazarene. Whatever you want to call it. I believe in the Bible as a whole. Most Christians think I'm Jewish because they don't recognize biblical traditions. They are still caught in the trappings of the RCC. In other words, they are more familiar with the traditions of Mithraism and sun worship, than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But that is changing.

Vic and Fred are right. As Messiah said, no one, not even the angels, have ever seen the Father at any time. Only the Son. It's the Son who is the visible image of the invisible God. He's the one who was the active agent of creation, doing and saying only what the Father did and said, because He was the literal Word. In the very beginning He came forth.

Bere****h, bara Elohim, et, hashamayim v'et haereretz.

In the beginning, God brought forth the Alef-Tav, the heavens and the earth.

Alef-Tav btw is the proper way to say "The beginning and the end".

The Father was revealed in the Torah. Messiah tells the pharisees that they search the Scriptures (Tanach) because they believe that in them they have life. But it's the Messiah that the Torah reveals as the character and will of the Father, now revealed in that Word (the Torah) become flesh.

Repent people, back to the Way of God, the Torah, through the blood shed by the Torah (Messiah) on your behalf, to bring you back into covenant (marriage) with your God. The time is short.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 02-11-2013 at 08:27..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 21:06   #60
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Alef-Tav btw is the proper way to say "The beginning and the end". Not Alpha-Omega. That is Greek thought and isn't even correct, as Omega is not the last letter of the Greek alphabet. Zeta is.
No, in Greek, Omega is the last letter, Zeta is towards the beginning of the alphabet. The positioning is based on Greek use of Phonenician alphabet and letter names, though the origin of the actual zeta is more obscure.
Quote:
Repent people, back to the Way of God, the Torah, through the blood shed by the Torah (Messiah) on your behalf, to bring you back into covenant (marriage) with your God. The time is short.
How short exactly? These doom and disaster predictions loose their impact after a few millenia of being wrong you know.