SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:56   #51
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
You are correct. Hijacking the thread is trolling and not a theological disagreement.

The topic is, "When was the Father revealed". The threats will probably stop when a reasonable discussion is pursued.
But in your world being reasonable means not pointing out the glaring falsehoods of your religious text. If we aren't willing to agree to it's "Truth" then we're trolling. Your idea of reasonable is a conversation between believers only to see who believes most correctly. Once someone steps in that disagrees completely you claim you're being attacked.

Allowing a late comer like John to completely reinterpret another people's religion is absurd.

This entire line of discussion about warnings, and threats, and reporting people is just a deflection to get away from a counter argument to your mythology. You don't like to read the facts that don't support your faith and so you want to silence them. The threat to report people for disagreeing because you label that as trolling is just an escape tactic. It... in and of itself is hijacking the thread. So point your finger somewhere else.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-05-2013 at 09:57..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:58   #52
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But in your world being reasonable means not pointing out the glaring falsehoods of your religious text. If we aren't willing to agree to it's "Truth" then we're trolling. Your idea of reasonable is a conversation between believers only to see who believes most correctly. Once someone steps in that disagrees completely you claim you're being attacked.

Yes, trolling and hijacking the thread are attacks. Your, "glaring falsehoods" are off topic and against the forum rules. If you wish to air your "glaring falsehoods then start a new thread.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22   #53
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post

Yes, trolling and hijacking the thread are attacks. Your, "glaring falsehoods" are off topic and against the forum rules. If you wish to air your "glaring falsehoods then start a new thread.
They aren't off topic. We are talking about reimagining the OT through the focus of John. By assuming such is true it alters the original religion that the OT was based around.

You only want a discussion on how what you believe is true. That isn't going to happen.

You pitching a fit is what's off topic and an attempt to silence the opposition. you are derailing this thread.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-05-2013 at 11:28..
Old 02-05-2013, 15:07   #54
FCoulter

Quote:

Allowing a late comer like John to completely reinterpret another people's religion is absurd.

This entire line of discussion about warnings, and threats, and reporting people is just a deflection to get away from a counter argument to your mythology. You don't like to read the facts that don't support your faith and so you want to silence them. The threat to report people for disagreeing because you label that as trolling is just an escape tactic. It... in and of itself is hijacking the thread. So point your finger somewhere else.
I have tried to be patient with. It is obvious you have only one agenda. I have asked you nicely more than once to stay on topic. You seem to think your reasoning is above forum rules. I will leave that up to an admin to decide.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 15:34   #55
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
I have tried to be patient with. It is obvious you have only one agenda. I have asked you nicely more than once to stay on topic. You seem to think your reasoning is above forum rules. I will leave that up to an admin to decide.
Go right ahead. I am discussing the implications of your topic. I get that you don't like that they disagree with your point of view.

I think you're just going to wind up bothering the admins and making their already headache of a job even worse. You can't start a thread and say only people that agree with you can participate. Or that if I discuss related ideas and concepts that pertain to your topic I'm somehow trolling.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 02-05-2013 at 15:44..
Old 02-05-2013, 16:45   #56
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
What about the Gospel of Judas?
Not Cannon. In other words it didn't make the cut.

You causing trouble in here Glock36?
Old 02-05-2013, 17:05   #57
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Not Cannon. In other words it didn't make the cut.
Of course I knew that. But the point was that all scripture is supposedly given us by inspiration of God. But it seems that it's Men who pick and choose what is cannon. How can anyone be sure they chose correctly? When did God appoint these men who chose? Stuff like that. How is it that you are sure what you are following is what God wants?

Quote:
You causing trouble in here Glock36?
I didn't think I was. But apparently a few people have decided that it's a violation of GT TOS is you disagree with them or follow their logic to it's conclusion LOL.
Old 02-05-2013, 17:31   #58
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Of course I knew that. But the point was that all scripture is supposedly given us by inspiration of God. But it seems that it's Men who pick and choose what is cannon. How can anyone be sure they chose correctly? When did God appoint these men who chose? Stuff like that. How is it that you are sure what you are following is what God wants?
Fair questions....good questions. I've trusted those of whom I believe God has commissioned throughout the ages for such tasks of writing, and determining what is Cannon. Is there more to that, sure. Text has been examined and scrutinized prior to making it into Cannon but at the end of the day, there is trusting in God.

Quote:
I didn't think I was. But apparently a few people have decided that it's a violation of GT TOS is you disagree with them or follow their logic to it's conclusion LOL.
Happens a lot here.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50   #59
Brasso

I'm not Jewish.

I'm Messianic. Nazarene. Whatever you want to call it. I believe in the Bible as a whole. Most Christians think I'm Jewish because they don't recognize biblical traditions. They are still caught in the trappings of the RCC. In other words, they are more familiar with the traditions of Mithraism and sun worship, than the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But that is changing.

Vic and Fred are right. As Messiah said, no one, not even the angels, have ever seen the Father at any time. Only the Son. It's the Son who is the visible image of the invisible God. He's the one who was the active agent of creation, doing and saying only what the Father did and said, because He was the literal Word. In the very beginning He came forth.

Bere****h, bara Elohim, et, hashamayim v'et haereretz.

In the beginning, God brought forth the Alef-Tav, the heavens and the earth.

Alef-Tav btw is the proper way to say "The beginning and the end".

The Father was revealed in the Torah. Messiah tells the pharisees that they search the Scriptures (Tanach) because they believe that in them they have life. But it's the Messiah that the Torah reveals as the character and will of the Father, now revealed in that Word (the Torah) become flesh.

Repent people, back to the Way of God, the Torah, through the blood shed by the Torah (Messiah) on your behalf, to bring you back into covenant (marriage) with your God. The time is short.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 02-11-2013 at 07:27..
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 20:06   #60
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Alef-Tav btw is the proper way to say "The beginning and the end". Not Alpha-Omega. That is Greek thought and isn't even correct, as Omega is not the last letter of the Greek alphabet. Zeta is.
No, in Greek, Omega is the last letter, Zeta is towards the beginning of the alphabet. The positioning is based on Greek use of Phonenician alphabet and letter names, though the origin of the actual zeta is more obscure.
Quote:
Repent people, back to the Way of God, the Torah, through the blood shed by the Torah (Messiah) on your behalf, to bring you back into covenant (marriage) with your God. The time is short.
How short exactly? These doom and disaster predictions loose their impact after a few millenia of being wrong you know.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28   #61
Brasso

You are right. I wish I could remember where I read that. edited.

As for the time....

You have the rest of your life. Everyone does.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Old 02-11-2013, 15:01   #62
Comrade Bork

Actually, I don't believe "God" has revealed anything to anyone.

At the time mankind moved from "chiefdoms" (think, Iroqouis confederacy at the time of the American Revolution) to state-level societies (think, Egypt and Persia at the time of the OT; Aztecs at the time of Columbus) "Religon" itself was invented to serve the purposes of what we now tend to think of a "government".

It is also at that level (chiefdom to State) when the invention of writing became necessary, to administer the larger States.

"God" was a concept that had been there all along, but "God" then became absolutely necessary for Religion/Government to justify the authority it claimed over the lives of the masses of slaves and serfs it ruled.

Why are there so many different concepts of "God"?

Why are there so many different religions?

Why are there so many schisms within religions?

Why are new schisms and new religions always, usually violently, opposed by "existing" established religions?

Because new schisms and new religions are in reality, revolutionary movements seeking to subvert the authority of the established religion/government and gain that authority for themselves.

"God" has nothing to do with it.

It is all politics.

Religions invent their Gods.

Not the reverse that religion would have you believe.
Comrade Bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 15:59   #63
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Bork View Post
Actually, I don't believe "God" has revealed anything to anyone.

At the time mankind moved from "chiefdoms" (think, Iroqouis confederacy at the time of the American Revolution) to state-level societies (think, Egypt and Persia at the time of the OT; Aztecs at the time of Columbus) "Religon" itself was invented to serve the purposes of what we now tend to think of a "government".

It is also at that level (chiefdom to State) when the invention of writing became necessary, to administer the larger States.

"God" was a concept that had been there all along, but "God" then became absolutely necessary for Religion/Government to justify the authority it claimed over the lives of the masses of slaves and serfs it ruled.

Why are there so many different concepts of "God"?

Why are there so many different religions?

Why are there so many schisms within religions?

Why are new schisms and new religions always, usually violently, opposed by "existing" established religions?

Because new schisms and new religions are in reality, revolutionary movements seeking to subvert the authority of the established religion/government and gain that authority for themselves.

"God" has nothing to do with it.

It is all politics.

Religions invent their Gods.

Not the reverse that religion would have you believe.
Although I understand your motives, your post has nothing to the OP. please go back and read it!
Old 02-11-2013, 19:25   #64
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Although I understand your motives, your post has nothing to the OP. please go back and read it!
This isn't Burger King. You're not going to have it your way. Lmao that takes me back.
Old 02-11-2013, 19:59   #65
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
We are not supposed to link to closed threads. But if you'll go to the main GTRI page, at the bottom extend the period of time that threads are shown to 45 days, then click on the "show threads" button. Go to page 2, then look for the closed thread with "Jan 13" in the title, that should make it clear.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 22:37   #66
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Are you unwilling to accept "Never, because he doesn't exist" as an answer?
Old 02-12-2013, 00:29   #67
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Are you unwilling to accept "Never, because he doesn't exist" as an answer?
No, because he insists on using the bible as proof of the bible and if you disagree you're trolling.
Old 02-12-2013, 00:33   #68
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
We are not supposed to link to closed threads. But if you'll go to the main GTRI page, at the bottom extend the period of time that threads are shown to 45 days, then click on the "show threads" button. Go to page 2, then look for the closed thread with "Jan 13" in the title, that should make it clear.
How is that any different than linking it. The idea is not to dredge up old locked threads. Which you are doing.

Get him FCoulter! He's off topic... report him to the mods!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17   #69
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
How is that any different than linking it. The idea is not to dredge up old locked threads. Which you are doing.

Get him FCoulter! He's off topic... report him to the mods!
If you can't see the difference we may be on to something very significant about your analytical skills.

Relax, only you can get yourself in trouble with the Mods. What should you have to worry about?
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45   #70
Brasso

And you wonder why we want to make a special section just for you guys.

You don't believe in God. Hey, we get it. Really we do. You don't have to interject that into every conversation.

Last edited by Brasso; 02-12-2013 at 07:46..
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42   #71
Vic Hays

Quote:

You don't believe in God. Hey, we get it. Really we do. You don't have to interject that into every conversation.
I pity them because I have experienced bitterness in the past.
It is more than belief. The atheists that post here are driven to. They cannot help themselves because a deep bitterness within them drives them. They think if they can extinguish the very mention of our wonderful Savior they will have peace. The problem is that the bitterness resides within themselves and they have no Savior to help them overcome it.

The Bible speaks of those who are unable to keep from sinning.

2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58   #72
Glock36shooter

Quote:

That's unreasonable that you think your view should be shielded from a differing one. That you think anyone that disagrees with you should be confined to their own little space. I understand this is a new age for your guys. 500 years ago we'd just be hanged or maybe beheaded in certain places for daring to question the bible. So I get it that you guys are upset that in our current day and age differing points of view are allowed to be expressed freely. But you're just going to have to get used to it. We live in a time when we know enough about the bible to discount it as false. And you're still free to believe it all you want. But you aren't going to silence those that know better just because you find the information distasteful.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42   #73
Brasso

What you don't understand is that this is a thread about a biblical topic. Not a conversation about whether God exists. Your comments are off topic. It's called Trolling.

Last edited by Brasso; 02-12-2013 at 12:46..
Old 02-12-2013, 14:51   #74
Glock36shooter

Quote:
What you don't understand is that this is a thread about a biblical topic. Not a conversation about whether God exists. Your comments are off topic. It's called Trolling.
1. The comments I made that got Fcoulter upset were about allowing later bible books to re-imagine the originals and not whether God exists.

2. Since the bible and its various books deal with a deity... the existence of such is not off topic. You are again crying troll just because someone disagrees with you.

When was the father revealed? Never... because there is no evidence that such a being ever existed. There... on topic enough for you?

My comments about you guys being unreasonable were after getting accused of trolling for disagreeing. So I didn't drive this conversation off the cliff. And Cav-PA is referencing locked threads from a month ago and no one stops to accuse him of drifting off topic, because he isn't disagreeing with any of you.

You guys are not going to be able to play this cry foul game every time someone disagrees with you. There are forums that do not allow anything but Christians to post in them and people like me are immediately banned because the admins can't handle a differing opinion. This forum allows all views. If you cannot handle that maybe you don't belong here.

The whole "Agree with us or you're trolling." ploy isn't gonna fly. This entire thread was a poorly constructed infraction trap from the get go. Fcoulter thought he'd start a thread and report anyone that disagreed. But apparently disagreeing isn't a violation of TOS.
Old 02-12-2013, 15:09   #75
FCoulter

Quote:
1. The comments I made that got Fcoulter upset were about allowing later bible books to re-imagine the originals and not whether God exists.

2. Since the bible and its various books deal with a deity... the existence of such is not off topic. You are again crying troll just because someone disagrees with you.

When was the father revealed? Never... because there is no evidence that such a being ever existed. There... on topic enough for you?

My comments about you guys being unreasonable were after getting accused of trolling for disagreeing. So I didn't drive this conversation off the cliff. And Cav-PA is referencing locked threads from a month ago and no one stops to accuse him of drifting off topic, because he isn't disagreeing with any of you.

You guys are not going to be able to play this cry foul game every time someone disagrees with you. There are forums that do not allow anything but Christians to post in them and people like me are immediately banned because the admins can't handle a differing opinion. This forum allows all views. If you cannot handle that maybe you don't belong here.

The whole "Agree with us or you're trolling." ploy isn't gonna fly. This entire thread was a poorly constructed infraction trap from the get go. Fcoulter thought he'd start a thread and report anyone that disagreed. But apparently disagreeing isn't a violation of TOS.
Arguing is against the rules, this thread was not a trap, I just want one thread where christians could discuss a Biblical topic with scripture. I made this clear in the OP. you ax you always do came here with an agenda to prove to all believers there is no god.

This thread was not the place for that, you came here to do as you have done over and over. Its in the mods hands now.

Peace.