GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:28   #61
Brasso

You are right. I wish I could remember where I read that. edited.

As for the time....

You have the rest of your life. Everyone does.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 16:01   #62
Comrade Bork

Actually, I don't believe "God" has revealed anything to anyone.

At the time mankind moved from "chiefdoms" (think, Iroqouis confederacy at the time of the American Revolution) to state-level societies (think, Egypt and Persia at the time of the OT; Aztecs at the time of Columbus) "Religon" itself was invented to serve the purposes of what we now tend to think of a "government".

It is also at that level (chiefdom to State) when the invention of writing became necessary, to administer the larger States.

"God" was a concept that had been there all along, but "God" then became absolutely necessary for Religion/Government to justify the authority it claimed over the lives of the masses of slaves and serfs it ruled.

Why are there so many different concepts of "God"?

Why are there so many different religions?

Why are there so many schisms within religions?

Why are new schisms and new religions always, usually violently, opposed by "existing" established religions?

Because new schisms and new religions are in reality, revolutionary movements seeking to subvert the authority of the established religion/government and gain that authority for themselves.

"God" has nothing to do with it.

It is all politics.

Religions invent their Gods.

Not the reverse that religion would have you believe.
Comrade Bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 16:59   #63
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Bork View Post
Actually, I don't believe "God" has revealed anything to anyone.

At the time mankind moved from "chiefdoms" (think, Iroqouis confederacy at the time of the American Revolution) to state-level societies (think, Egypt and Persia at the time of the OT; Aztecs at the time of Columbus) "Religon" itself was invented to serve the purposes of what we now tend to think of a "government".

It is also at that level (chiefdom to State) when the invention of writing became necessary, to administer the larger States.

"God" was a concept that had been there all along, but "God" then became absolutely necessary for Religion/Government to justify the authority it claimed over the lives of the masses of slaves and serfs it ruled.

Why are there so many different concepts of "God"?

Why are there so many different religions?

Why are there so many schisms within religions?

Why are new schisms and new religions always, usually violently, opposed by "existing" established religions?

Because new schisms and new religions are in reality, revolutionary movements seeking to subvert the authority of the established religion/government and gain that authority for themselves.

"God" has nothing to do with it.

It is all politics.

Religions invent their Gods.

Not the reverse that religion would have you believe.
Although I understand your motives, your post has nothing to the OP. please go back and read it!
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:25   #64
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
Although I understand your motives, your post has nothing to the OP. please go back and read it!
This isn't Burger King. You're not going to have it your way. Lmao that takes me back.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 20:59   #65
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
We are not supposed to link to closed threads. But if you'll go to the main GTRI page, at the bottom extend the period of time that threads are shown to 45 days, then click on the "show threads" button. Go to page 2, then look for the closed thread with "Jan 13" in the title, that should make it clear.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 23:37   #66
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Are you unwilling to accept "Never, because he doesn't exist" as an answer?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29   #67
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Are you unwilling to accept "Never, because he doesn't exist" as an answer?
No, because he insists on using the bible as proof of the bible and if you disagree you're trolling.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33   #68
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
We are not supposed to link to closed threads. But if you'll go to the main GTRI page, at the bottom extend the period of time that threads are shown to 45 days, then click on the "show threads" button. Go to page 2, then look for the closed thread with "Jan 13" in the title, that should make it clear.
How is that any different than linking it. The idea is not to dredge up old locked threads. Which you are doing.

Get him FCoulter! He's off topic... report him to the mods!

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-12-2013, 04:17   #69
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
How is that any different than linking it. The idea is not to dredge up old locked threads. Which you are doing.

Get him FCoulter! He's off topic... report him to the mods!
If you can't see the difference we may be on to something very significant about your analytical skills.

Relax, only you can get yourself in trouble with the Mods. What should you have to worry about?

--Gunhaver

Old 02-12-2013, 08:45   #70
Brasso

And you wonder why we want to make a special section just for you guys.

You don't believe in God. Hey, we get it. Really we do. You don't have to interject that into every conversation.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 02-12-2013 at 08:46..
Old 02-12-2013, 09:42   #71
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post

You don't believe in God. Hey, we get it. Really we do. You don't have to interject that into every conversation.
I pity them because I have experienced bitterness in the past.
It is more than belief. The atheists that post here are driven to. They cannot help themselves because a deep bitterness within them drives them. They think if they can extinguish the very mention of our wonderful Savior they will have peace. The problem is that the bitterness resides within themselves and they have no Savior to help them overcome it.

The Bible speaks of those who are unable to keep from sinning.

2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:58   #72
Glock36shooter

Quote:

That's unreasonable that you think your view should be shielded from a differing one. That you think anyone that disagrees with you should be confined to their own little space. I understand this is a new age for your guys. 500 years ago we'd just be hanged or maybe beheaded in certain places for daring to question the bible. So I get it that you guys are upset that in our current day and age differing points of view are allowed to be expressed freely. But you're just going to have to get used to it. We live in a time when we know enough about the bible to discount it as false. And you're still free to believe it all you want. But you aren't going to silence those that know better just because you find the information distasteful.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-12-2013, 13:42   #73
Brasso

What you don't understand is that this is a thread about a biblical topic. Not a conversation about whether God exists. Your comments are off topic. It's called Trolling.

Last edited by Brasso; 02-12-2013 at 13:46..
Old 02-12-2013, 15:51   #74
Glock36shooter

Quote:
What you don't understand is that this is a thread about a biblical topic. Not a conversation about whether God exists. Your comments are off topic. It's called Trolling.
1. The comments I made that got Fcoulter upset were about allowing later bible books to re-imagine the originals and not whether God exists.

2. Since the bible and its various books deal with a deity... the existence of such is not off topic. You are again crying troll just because someone disagrees with you.

When was the father revealed? Never... because there is no evidence that such a being ever existed. There... on topic enough for you?

My comments about you guys being unreasonable were after getting accused of trolling for disagreeing. So I didn't drive this conversation off the cliff. And Cav-PA is referencing locked threads from a month ago and no one stops to accuse him of drifting off topic, because he isn't disagreeing with any of you.

You guys are not going to be able to play this cry foul game every time someone disagrees with you. There are forums that do not allow anything but Christians to post in them and people like me are immediately banned because the admins can't handle a differing opinion. This forum allows all views. If you cannot handle that maybe you don't belong here.

The whole "Agree with us or you're trolling." ploy isn't gonna fly. This entire thread was a poorly constructed infraction trap from the get go. Fcoulter thought he'd start a thread and report anyone that disagreed. But apparently disagreeing isn't a violation of TOS.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-12-2013, 16:09   #75
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
1. The comments I made that got Fcoulter upset were about allowing later bible books to re-imagine the originals and not whether God exists.

2. Since the bible and its various books deal with a deity... the existence of such is not off topic. You are again crying troll just because someone disagrees with you.

When was the father revealed? Never... because there is no evidence that such a being ever existed. There... on topic enough for you?

My comments about you guys being unreasonable were after getting accused of trolling for disagreeing. So I didn't drive this conversation off the cliff. And Cav-PA is referencing locked threads from a month ago and no one stops to accuse him of drifting off topic, because he isn't disagreeing with any of you.

You guys are not going to be able to play this cry foul game every time someone disagrees with you. There are forums that do not allow anything but Christians to post in them and people like me are immediately banned because the admins can't handle a differing opinion. This forum allows all views. If you cannot handle that maybe you don't belong here.

The whole "Agree with us or you're trolling." ploy isn't gonna fly. This entire thread was a poorly constructed infraction trap from the get go. Fcoulter thought he'd start a thread and report anyone that disagreed. But apparently disagreeing isn't a violation of TOS.
Arguing is against the rules, this thread was not a trap, I just want one thread where christians could discuss a Biblical topic with scripture. I made this clear in the OP. you ax you always do came here with an agenda to prove to all believers there is no god.

This thread was not the place for that, you came here to do as you have done over and over. Its in the mods hands now.

Peace.
Old 02-12-2013, 18:57   #76
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
I pity them because I have experienced bitterness in the past.
It is more than belief. The atheists that post here are driven to. They cannot help themselves because a deep bitterness within them drives them. They think if they can extinguish the very mention of our wonderful Savior they will have peace. The problem is that the bitterness resides within themselves and they have no Savior to help them overcome it.

The Bible speaks of those who are unable to keep from sinning.

2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
In some, it appears to be religious proselytizing. Driven is a good description too, by a strong faith in their own version of how things came to be as they are. Some religious fanatics are intolerant of others beliefs. I think it's a personal choice that people have every right to make. It's just that some people just have bad manners.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-12-2013 at 18:59..
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53   #77
Vic Hays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
In some, it appears to be religious proselytizing. Driven is a good description too, by a strong faith in their own version of how things came to be as they are. Some religious fanatics are intolerant of others beliefs. I think it's a personal choice that people have every right to make. It's just that some people just have bad manners.
The Bible excels at insight into human behavior. The source of control freakishness is identified.

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

The converse is also true to the believer.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

So it is just a matter of the collision of wills in the battle for the souls of men. Men are choosing who they will serve and which side they choose for their inspiration to come from.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Last edited by Vic Hays; 02-13-2013 at 07:56..
Old 02-14-2013, 07:13   #78
FCoulter

Hopefully now this thread can get back and stay on topic. Since Jesus was the one that revealed the Father in the book of John. Jesus was the God doing all things in the OT. He did all things for the Father,but since the Father was not revealed yet the Jews God was actually Jesus, and yet the denied Jesus when He came to earth.

If you disagree with this account, please use scripture to cite your point.

Last edited by FCoulter; 02-14-2013 at 07:15..
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35   #79
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-14-2013 at 08:36..
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06   #80
Vic Hays

Quote:
Hopefully now this thread can get back and stay on topic. Since Jesus was the one that revealed the Father in the book of John. Jesus was the God doing all things in the OT. He did all things for the Father,but since the Father was not revealed yet the Jews God was actually Jesus, and yet the denied Jesus when He came to earth.

If you disagree with this account, please use scripture to cite your point.
The problem that most people have is trying to cubbyhole God within the confines of their own personal logic. Instead of trying to define God and the persons of the God Head it is much more satisfying to contemplate the way that the persons of God have worked for my personal salvation.

Yes, to any person with any reading comprehension at all, Christ was the one who performed throughout the Old Testament.

1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1 Corinthians 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1 Corinthians 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.