Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 21:39   #21
Gary Wells

If this is in the PRK feel free to PM me the contact info and location if you are not interested please. I might be interested if it is local to me and I can look at it in person.
Gary Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 21:59   #22
brisk21

Well pay whatever you have to and let me know when you get it. Then you can trade it to me for my TRP. We already talked about that, right........?
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:18   #23
mleroux21

I was hoping to not buy the pistol to save some cash, but this thread is making me second guess that. I am in a true dilemma. I was just figuring if it is not the best deal, I can always hunt one down in the next year or two.

Marc
mleroux21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 22:26   #24
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleroux21 View Post
I was hoping to not buy the pistol to save some cash, but this thread is making me second guess that. I am in a true dilemma. I was just figuring if it is not the best deal, I can always hunt one down in the next year or two.

Marc

Listen man. Its just money. You'll get more. Money comes and goes. Just get it. You won't regret it. Life is short and money is just paper. Get the gun. Enjoy it. TGO-1s are rare, and are excellent 1911s. Get it. If you somehow figure out that you regret it, you can always sell it, and probably make money.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15   #25
38 Super Fan

Tough call....I'd want to get it for less, but I definately think the build quality of the TGO1 lives up to that price.
38 Super Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33   #26
SpringerTGO

Quote:

Marc
If you can wait 2 years you probably don't want it that much. I'd gladly pay a few hundred dollars to rent a TGO1 for a couple of years, if I didn't own one.
Also, in this crazy market, TGO1's could even become more scarce.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 14:04   #27
Gary Wells

Mleroux21:
Marc:
You are welcome to meet me where I shoot at and check mine out just to show you what you are missing.
Only thing is, I only shoot during the early afternoon 3 days a week. Mon, Tues., & Wed.
12:00 noon. Unfortunately, probably no shooting though. This is just tease to show you what you are missing.
Gary Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:35   #28
mleroux21

Sounds good Greg, I might have to take you up on that. I will even bring a few of mine to compare it too.

Marc

Last edited by mleroux21; 02-07-2013 at 21:35..
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16   #29
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Quote:
I am in a true dilemma.

Marc
Well let me solve your dilemma. I won't sell you my TGO 1 for twice the price.

You have an odd way of going about the purchase process, Marc. You contact someone who doesn't have their pistol for sale asking to buy it, then you offer $3k on January 31st. I sent you the particulars and heard nothing so I wrote a more formalized offer in which I gave you 2 days to think about it.

Rather than talk with me all this time you come here to research if the price you already floated me is ok. Days go by, the offer I sent expires and I hear nothing, not a no thanks, can you wait, or screw you, nothing.

I'd suggest you do your homework before you make an offer next time. And remember when buying and selling via the net, good communication is critical.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Short Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34   #30
mleroux21

I apologize for not getting back to you any sooner, but like I said I was at a dilemma for multiple reasons. I offered you 3k, but at the same time second guessed that number once I spoke with others on this forum. Secondly some other obligations came up at the after I sent you the PM. But I did sent you a PM yesterday stating these facts and that I would still be interested if you could wait.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:38   #31
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Cut View Post
Well let me solve your dilemma. I won't sell you my TGO 1 for twice the price.

You have an odd way of going about the purchase process, Marc. You contact someone who doesn't have their pistol for sale asking to buy it, then you offer $3k on January 31st. I sent you the particulars and heard nothing so I wrote a more formalized offer in which I gave you 2 days to think about it.

Rather than talk with me all this time you come here to research if the price you already floated me is ok. Days go by, the offer I sent expires and I hear nothing, not a no thanks, can you wait, or screw you, nothing.

I'd suggest you do your homework before you make an offer next time. And remember when buying and selling via the net, good communication is critical.
If you aren't desperate, don't sell it. When you do regret it (and you will) it's not like you can just go out and buy a replacement.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10   #32
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
If you aren't desperate, don't sell it. When you do regret it (and you will) it's not like you can just go out and buy a replacement.
Yeah I hear you Springer. Heck the gun wasn't even for sale when Marc contacted me. The $3k and the fact that I have quite a lot more handguns than I could ever use and many just sitting in the safe were the only things that made me consider it. I guess I also just have a stronger affinity for my fixed sight 1911s now that I have been considering it.

I'm teaching a beginning pistol class this weekend. I've got my home range set up better than ever, I think it's time to dust off the TGO and let it do its magic.

Short Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 13:29   #33
bac1023

I would not sell the TGO1, SC.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 14:21   #34
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Marc, no offense, but if that's how it went down... Well, suffice it to say it would get you banned on ARFcom. For real. And permanently.

Short Cut, I'd keep it. If I had the cash, I'd be asking for pics.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!

Last edited by QNman; 02-08-2013 at 14:21..
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:44   #35
bac1023

Quote:
I found someone with a TGO1 who is willing to sell at the right price. What would be a fair price to pay for one? I have been on the hunt for one on and off for some time. You don't see them sold to often so I want to be fair for both parties involved.

Marc
Let me get this straight...

You asked this question here, knowing the seller was a well respected long time member?

Real classy

Old 02-08-2013, 21:02   #36
mleroux21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Let me get this straight...

You asked this question here, knowing the seller was a well respected long time member?

Real classy
Actually, I spoke to the Seller on another forum with a different SN. I did not know he was a member here. That is why I asked the question here.

Marc
Old 02-08-2013, 22:08   #37
bac1023

Quote:
Actually, I spoke to the Seller on another forum with a different SN. I did not know he was a member here. That is why I asked the question here.

Marc
Gotcha

Old 02-08-2013, 22:18   #38
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
I apologize for not getting back to you any sooner,

Little late for that. Let this be a learning experience.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 22:48   #39
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
I apologize for not getting back to you any sooner,

Little late for that. Let this be a learning experience.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is online now   Reply With Quote