Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2013, 23:43   #1
bigmoney890

It's official...

Rainier Arms and DSG Arms are now the only places I shall shop. Ordered some PMAGS on backorder from DSG for their holiday deal (10 pmags for $100) and received them in 3 weeks. After Sandy Hook happened and everything exploded, even after knowing full well that the industry was drying up and everyone was price gouging, they brought the same deal back for a week after Christmas. They decided to do the stand up thing and offer an amazing deal, despite them knowing they could make triple the profit without a sweat.

Then I get the email from Rainier that the lower I had been waiting for was in stock on Monday. I jumped on that deal, knowing fully that they stated a 10-15 day shipping delay for firearms. Tuesday I got an email stating they needed my FFL, in the confusion of things I didn't realize they already had my FFL, so I emailed them back and told them my FFL. Wednesday, I got the email saying they confirmed my FFL and it would be a minimum of 7 days for my lower to ship. Thursday, the very next day, it shipped. That's awesome shipping times and customer service.

I wrote this mainly for the new guys that have been coming to the forum lately asking questions that are new to ARs. After my recent experience with Rainier, and my continued pleasure with DSG, I would not hesitate to recommend either of them to anyone, especially since DSG is one of Magpuls five featured distributors. Hope some of the new guys can see this and buy with confidence from these great companies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 23:57   #2
DrtyHarry

Rainer and DSG are first class....I'd also put Bravo up on that list as well. 10 pmags for $100 right now is a sick deal. Glad you got your order!

DH
Old 02-01-2013, 00:01   #3
bigmoney890

I've only ordered from Bravo once, but it was super fast shipping as well, but that was before the rush. Not saying that anything has changed, but I have experience with Rainier and DSG during the panic. Plus, I'm not a fan of how bravo company has increased their BCG's in the past two months.

But I was so pleased with DSG, I placed a second order of Pmags when they brought back the deal. I expect another month wait on the second order thought because there was 9,000 orders in between the two.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08   #4
LL6

Rainier Arms gets a from me. I've ordered a few things from them and they are quick.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33   #5
JBaird22

Bravo Company is still good to go. They give you the heads up that it could be a while, and then ship out immediately. They have instituted a minimum order of $29 but really, who can't order more than $29?

Former Certified Super Glock fixer
JBaird22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20   #6
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaird22 View Post
Bravo Company is still good to go. They give you the heads up that it could be a while, and then ship out immediately. They have instituted a minimum order of $29 but really, who can't order more than $29?
They finally lowered it? Last I had checked,it was $69 minimum order, and was $89 prior to that.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04   #7
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaird22 View Post

That's why I don't order from Midway. I don't like being charged my order was under a certain amount. Just doesn't seem right to me, especially since I can rarely order everything I need all at once.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:23   #8
surf

DSG Arms has been my go to place almost since they first started. They only get better and better over the years.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57   #9
mrvtwin80

All out of stock as of 1:5oPM do they have very limited quantities or do they just sell out in a matter or minutes of hours?

Last edited by mrvtwin80; 02-01-2013 at 12:58..
mrvtwin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 13:26   #10
surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvtwin80 View Post
All out of stock as of 1:5oPM do they have very limited quantities or do they just sell out in a matter or minutes of hours?
Just an FYI, DSG Arms is probably the largest distributor of Magpul. Many dealers will get quantities from DSG Arms. Because they are a big mover of Magpul products they get supplied first or quickly, however that also means that they sell out FAST. If you can wait, backorder items and they will ship when they get more product in.

Last edited by surf; 02-01-2013 at 13:27..
surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 13:30   #11
dkf

Ordered a stock tube kit from BCM yesterday and it shipped today. Same with the upper I got from them a couple weeks ago, shipped next day. So far BCM has been great.

Backordered a trigger with DSG this morning because of the this thread.

Last edited by dkf; 02-01-2013 at 13:31..
dkf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 15:07   #12
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Rainier Arms and DSG Arms are now the only places I shall shop. Ordered some PMAGS on backorder from DSG for their holiday deal (10 pmags for $100) and received them in 3 weeks. After Sandy Hook happened and everything exploded, even after knowing full well that the industry was drying up and everyone was price gouging, they brought the same deal back for a week after Christmas. They decided to do the stand up thing and offer an amazing deal, despite them knowing they could make triple the profit without a sweat.

Then I get the email from Rainier that the lower I had been waiting for was in stock on Monday. I jumped on that deal, knowing fully that they stated a 10-15 day shipping delay for firearms. Tuesday I got an email stating they needed my FFL, in the confusion of things I didn't realize they already had my FFL, so I emailed them back and told them my FFL. Wednesday, I got the email saying they confirmed my FFL and it would be a minimum of 7 days for my lower to ship. Thursday, the very next day, it shipped. That's awesome shipping times and customer service.

I wrote this mainly for the new guys that have been coming to the forum lately asking questions that are new to ARs. After my recent experience with Rainier, and my continued pleasure with DSG, I would not hesitate to recommend either of them to anyone, especially since DSG is one of Magpuls five featured distributors. Hope some of the new guys can see this and buy with confidence from these great companies!
Thanks for the info. That's good to know- although I can't stand Rainier's web design, lol.

I'll have to bookmark them both.

Bravo is awesome too. Fast shipping and they don't charge your cards until the product ships unlike others *cough* PSA *cough*.

Definitely will look at DSG next time. I only have 11 30rd PMAGS and 2 20rd.

Although before the madness I could get them from Quantico Tactical at the local gun shows with their 'Fort Riley' special - 5 for $55 non windowed, black.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 23:10   #13
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Never tried the other places, but DSG is good to go.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 23:18   #14
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyHarry View Post
Rainer and DSG are first class....I'd also put Bravo up on that list as well. 10 pmags for $100 right now is a sick deal. Glad you got your order!

DH
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
I've only ordered from Bravo once, but it was super fast shipping as well, but that was before the rush. Not saying that anything has changed, but I have experience with Rainier and DSG during the panic. Plus, I'm not a fan of how bravo company has increased their BCG's in the past two months.

But I was so pleased with DSG, I placed a second order of Pmags when they brought back the deal. I expect another month wait on the second order thought because there was 9,000 orders in between the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Ordered a stock tube kit from BCM yesterday and it shipped today. Same with the upper I got from them a couple weeks ago, shipped next day. So far BCM has been great.

Backordered a trigger with DSG this morning because of the this thread.
Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM) kicks ass. However, to get anything right now you need to get lucky/have awesome timing, pay a huge premium to get it from an auction site, or have a friend get lucky/have awesome timing and nab it for you.

I picked up one of their complete BCG's in mid-late December for $159. Then on Tuesday evening they had complete uppers flash in/out of stock, and I nabbed a 'complete' upper receiver group (no BCG or CH), mid length 16", for $459. I received it today.

Yesterday they had some other parts come into stock, so I ordered them as well, to help finish this rifle and make as much of it BCM as possible. mil spec buffer tube, H buffer, buffer spring, and a couple other things. Already shipped today!

The order I placed on Tuesday. (grip and MI sling adapter for a 15-22, this rifle will be OD green and use a Noveske QD endplate)

Black Rifle Forum

My timing has been good. Complete upper + complete BCG for $618? In this market? Yes please.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 02-01-2013 at 23:24..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 23:33   #15
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
DSG Arms has been my go to place almost since they first started. They only get better and better over the years.
Just don't walk through the warehouse with your wallet on you. I hear lots if items just jump onto your order

Old 02-02-2013, 13:16   #16
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
Just don't walk through the warehouse with your wallet on you. I hear lots if items just jump onto your order

I know better than to do that

Old 02-02-2013, 20:38   #17
bigmoney890

Anyone use PK firearms? I got impatient waiting on in stock items, so I took a risk and ordered from them without checking them out first, a pistol buffer tube kit with foam tube cover. $66 shipped. Pretty happy with the price, plus they guarantee it ships within 24hrs. Hopefully everything goes as planned.

Old 02-03-2013, 00:33   #18
gunslinger3
Μολὼν λαβέ

Got my DD AR15 from Rainier... great people!
gunslinger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:58   #19
boomhower

I am big fans of both DSG and Ranier. Good prices and great service, as an added bonus they are supporters of the LEO community.
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 16:46   #20
bigmoney890

My Lower arrived yesterday afternoon at my FFL

6 days from the time I placed my order until delivery? Yes please!