SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:06   #1
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Need help . . . RSA slipping out of place

I need information regarding a possible (?) problem I'm having with the recoil spring assembly on my new (used) Glock 33. It seems that when I takedown the gun, the RSA has slipped out of the groove in the barrel and rode up to the point that its barely in place at all. This causes a slight jamming problem removing the slide. I picked up the gun a couple days ago from a stranger on Armslist and upon looking it over it appeared in great condition and by hand, it functions very well. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet so I don't know what to expect and I certainly don't want to jam the gun or something worse. Has anyone else noted anything like this. What could be causing it and how serious is it? I have a new RSA en route and I hope that will eliminate the problem. By the way, the guy installed a new ghost trigger and a new slide takedown bar. I've done a check of the slide at a 45 degree angle and it goes back into battery ever time. Thanks in advance for any help.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:17   #2
DannyR

The half-moon position is the reassembly position only. Once you place the slide back on the frame, the RSA pops into the operating position, out of the half moon. Be sure to remove the magazine and pull the trigger before removing the slide.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24   #3
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Yup, perfectly normal.

Don't worry......go shoot!

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39   #4
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
The half-moon position is the reassembly position only. Once you place the slide back on the frame, the RSA pops into the operating position, out of the half moon. Be sure to remove the magazine and pull the trigger before removing the slide.
Thanks to both on the replies . . . Yes, I do remove the mag and pull the trigger before removing the slide. I never thought of the halfmoon position as simply for reassembly. Thanks again.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:58   #5
rl356

I noticed that my brand new G20 does what you're describing. It's not very noticeable at all on any of my other glocks. The 20, however, tends to be nearly completely disconnected when I remove the slide (sometimes). Even though it seems a bit abnormal to me in comparison to my others, I believe that it's no cause for concern. There's really nowhere for it to go once it's assembled anyway.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 17:39   #6
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl356 View Post
I noticed that my brand new G20 does what you're describing. It's not very noticeable at all on any of my other glocks. The 20, however, tends to be nearly completely disconnected when I remove the slide (sometimes). Even though it seems a bit abnormal to me in comparison to my others, I believe that it's no cause for concern. There's really nowhere for it to go once it's assembled anyway.
Seems to be normal. The reason I was concerned is that I've owned a G26 and G27 for a few years now and never, not once did I notice this on either gun. I'm glad to hear its okay.

Old 02-02-2013, 17:45   #7
legalsten

rl356

My new 20 does the same thing .
legalsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:57   #8
rl356

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsten View Post
rl356

My new 20 does the same thing .
Wonder why some are more prone to show this than others?
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote