Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 19:15   #61
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Went to the range today. First time I've been since this whole mess started. It was just as busy and crowed as I've ever seen it.
Old 02-09-2013, 19:38   #62
dbow

range was very empty for a Sat.
dbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:43   #63
ancient_serpent

I used to shoot 200 to 500 rounds every other week; haven't done so in a month. Going to wait at least until I can start finding .22 again.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:46   #64
AZson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
I'd bet that my primer supplier is OUT of primers.
I got a honeyhole that always has primers, but I use them rarely.

I just scored 500 .224 bullets at sportsmans today.

Last edited by AZson; 02-09-2013 at 19:49..
AZson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:41   #65
BenjiEDF

Speak for yourself, My local range (WA state) has traffic like I have never seen before in my life. This BS with the politics going on has rekindled the fighting spirit in my area.

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51   #66
gunowner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
If it's the range I think it is, I REALLY wanted to join it... but, I could not abide by their irrational prohibition of CCW. I told them the reason I wasn't joining. They didn't care.
I don't mind their stand on CCW being prohibited. I unload at the gate and throw my carry piece in my range bag. I really like the range and the people who shoot there and the range officers. I've learned alot about shooting and have gotten to shoot many guns I never would have anywhere else.
gunowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:04   #67
cadillacguns

I have a yearly Indoor range membership, cant shoot if I cant find ammo for sale (avaliable and reasonably priced). Started teaching the ol lady on a G-26 or G-19 (just applied for her IN LTCH). Wince with each crooked 9mm shot she takes!
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45   #68
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunowner1 View Post
I don't mind their stand on CCW being prohibited. I unload at the gate and throw my carry piece in my range bag. I really like the range and the people who shoot there and the range officers. I've learned alot about shooting and have gotten to shoot many guns I never would have anywhere else.
I really wish I could overlook the rule. But, I can't. I am a thinking man, and this rule flies in the face of what this country and what the 2nd Amendment is all about. A gun club with a rule against CCW is like a race track with a speed limit. It's STUPID. It's just STUPID. And, it tells me a LOT about the people running the club.

I really, really, REALLY want to join, as the facility looks very nice. I'd also like to take some courses and learn more.

But, when you (the club) tell me that you DO trust me handling a loaded firearm on the firing line, but you DON'T trust me with a pistol that is SECURELY HOLSTERED and represents a ZERO RISK... You are exhibiting abject ignorance about firearms not to mention a paternalistic / condescending attitude towards me. I cannot tolerate that. I just can't. I don't suffer fools well.

It sucks, because there is literally no other outdoor range option for me where I live. But, if I am not a man of principle and give them a pass on this stupidity, then I am nothing but a hypocrite just like them.

I had "money-in-hand" for a family membership.... excited to find the club and join.... until I saw that rule. (sound of record scratching)

Last edited by racer88; 02-10-2013 at 10:51..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:10   #69
.45 Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Yep. Thanks Feinstein, Obama and Biden.

Even the prices for range time are up around me. I used to be able to go shoot 100 rounds of .45 acp for about $60, all in. That is about $90 now. I simply won't do it. You can give in to the madness and be taken advantage of or say f__k you, you can have my business when things return to normal.

And no, I am not touching my small stockpile of ammo.
I don't blame you, that small stockpile may save your life one day.
.45 Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47   #70
SCmasterblaster

Well we got a foot of snow here in VT. The range is closed for sure.
Old 02-10-2013, 15:23   #71
Schrag4

Quote:
I really wish I could overlook the rule. But, I can't. I am a thinking man, and this rule flies in the face of what this country and what the 2nd Amendment is all about. A gun club with a rule against CCW is like a race track with a speed limit. It's STUPID. It's just STUPID. And, it tells me a LOT about the people running the club...
Man that sucks. I have to agree. You'd think a shooting range of all places would understand why disallowing CCW doesn't make them one bit safer.
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:01   #72
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
I really wish I could overlook the rule. But, I can't. I am a thinking man, and this rule flies in the face of what this country and what the 2nd Amendment is all about. A gun club with a rule against CCW is like a race track with a speed limit. It's STUPID. It's just STUPID. And, it tells me a LOT about the people running the club.

I really, really, REALLY want to join, as the facility looks very nice. I'd also like to take some courses and learn more.

But, when you (the club) tell me that you DO trust me handling a loaded firearm on the firing line, but you DON'T trust me with a pistol that is SECURELY HOLSTERED and represents a ZERO RISK... You are exhibiting abject ignorance about firearms not to mention a paternalistic / condescending attitude towards me. I cannot tolerate that. I just can't. I don't suffer fools well.

It sucks, because there is literally no other outdoor range option for me where I live. But, if I am not a man of principle and give them a pass on this stupidity, then I am nothing but a hypocrite just like them.

I had "money-in-hand" for a family membership.... excited to find the club and join.... until I saw that rule. (sound of record scratching)
A shooting range not allowing CCW? How ridiculous.
Old 02-10-2013, 18:09   #73
gunowner1

Thank the Lord we live in a place where we all have freedom of choice. My choice was to join the club and abide by their rules. I guess you don't shop at Lotus Gun Works either. They have a sign that says No Loaded firearms inside.
gunowner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 13:02   #74
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
I haven't been shooting in over three months. Lots of snow coming tonight.
Turned out to be only 10 inches . . . . . whew.
Old 02-13-2013, 19:27   #75
dougader

I take some Boy Scouts to the local range sometimes. My range allows 3 guests as long as it doesn't take up space for other paid members to use the range. I always waive the leaders off when they ask about the cost of the ammo.... but now I have this thought in the back of my head like, "I really don't want to shoot up my stash if I can't replace it."

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:40   #76
dougader

People have been ambushed while shooting at both managed clubs and out in the sticks. You'll remember American Hero Chris Kyle who was murdered recently at a gun range.

The infamous FBI/Miami shootout had Matix and Platt armed with stolen weapons from murdered target shooters according to Mas Ayoob's account.

I don't go shooting anywhere without a concealed weapon under my vest.

I used to go shooting out on BLM land past Timber, Oregon, with my brother-in-law. We sat up targets at a turn-around/dead-end on an old logging road. A couple guys came up in a GMC truck, so we stopped "doing skeet shooting" and I held the 11-87 shotty at port arms and snicked the safety on... until I saw these characters straight out of Deliverance (Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty). Man, I snapped the safety off and kept a close eye in those guys, especially when they swore at us and muttered something about opening day deer season, which was 2 whole months away.

Dan asked me about it after they left, wondering if I got a "hinky" vibe off those guys too. I said, "oh, then you didn't hear me take my safety off, did you?" And then we talked about Matix and Platt and how they got some of their weapons.

Better safe than sorry, I say. Concealed is concealed, right?

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:46   #77
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
A shooting range not allowing CCW? How ridiculous.

Not really. Most gun shops have the same rule or at a minimum no unholstering your CCW while in premises as the latter prevents morons (of which there are many) from having a ND in the store. This is not that uncommon at gunshows as any perusal of the national news shows.

Not every gun owner or CCW permit holder is a rocket scientist and after you've had a gun pointed at you a few times these thing tend to bother one.
Tiro Fijo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:51   #78
dhoomonyou

I have cut way back.

I used to shoot 200-300 rds of 22LR as a WARM UP, and than 100-200 of larger calibers.

A typical range trip was approx 350 rounds.

My one day RECORD was 750 rds (250 LR)

NOW its 50-100 of 22, and 50 of a larger caliber.

Saving what i have, both ammo and cash.
Smith & Wesson Club # 711
Do not demand accomplishment from those with no talent.
dhoomonyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 19:55   #79
Jeremy_K

This recent boom in the firearms industry and politics has my FIL and 2 of my wife's brother in laws wanting to buy guns and go shooting with me. I have throttled back my shooting due to limited ammo in various calibers. I'm trying to help them get into shooting at the same time. Today I took them shooting out back and dragged out 5 different guns just so they could get some shooting time without using a ton of ammo for one gun. Using a little bit of each type of ammo seemed a little better than blowing through a lot of one type. All in all it was fun and they got to experience a variety of firearms for the first time. The only drawback is I have a LOT of guns to clean. I'll be working on that next with them.
Jeremy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 20:36   #80
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Not really. Most gun shops have the same rule or at a minimum no unholstering your CCW while in premises as the latter prevents morons (of which there are many) from having a ND in the store. This is not that uncommon at gunshows as any perusal of the national news shows.

Not every gun owner or CCW permit holder is a rocket scientist and after you've had a gun pointed at you a few times these thing tend to bother one.
That I don't have a problem with.... and even brought up with the folks running the club. I understand if you don't want me unholstering, drawing, etc. It stays in the holster, period. No problem. But, they won't allow you to come through the gate with a securely holstered concealed gun. That's a deal-breaker for me.

My local indoor range (where I have a membership) DOES allow CCW as long as it stays holstered / concealed.

On the other hand... I've seen MANY folks muzzling others on the firing line at the range... with the guns they're using on the range. The concealed guns are simply not an issue. I'll say it again... the rule is STUPID.

Last edited by racer88; 02-13-2013 at 20:37..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote