SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2013, 23:33   #81
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
... I'll say it again... the rule is STUPID.

It's your right to not enter, however you'll never set foot in a gun show unless you are LE or if not in obedience & get caught will be barred from CCW for life in that state at a minimum, if not other charges as well. These sort of places have rules such as this as they have to "dumb down" as they are dealing with the public of which many dummies are a member therein.
Tiro Fijo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49   #82
ashecht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Jack View Post
Around here I've never seen the ranges so packed. 30-60 minute waits for a lane are becoming the standard.
Same here by me. 30-60 minute wait at my 18 lane indoor range
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07   #83
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

The thing I love about shotgun sports like skeet and sporting clays is that we seem to be immune from the panic buying that hits the rest of the gun business when crap goes on like it is now. I can buy as many over/under shotguns and as much target ammo as I want and prices haven't moved an iota. Going to shoot a registered clays shoot this weekend

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52   #84
clinttho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
The thing I love about shotgun sports like skeet and sporting clays is that we seem to be immune from the panic buying that hits the rest of the gun business when crap goes on like it is now. I can buy as many over/under shotguns and as much target ammo as I want and prices haven't moved an iota. Going to shoot a registered clays shoot this weekend

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'm friends with a guy who owns a range and also has a bunker where they shoot and host international trap. He typically orders 200+ cases (of 250) each of five different target loads twice a year. He told me in January he went to place his normal order and his suppliers were extremely low on stock and could not sell him more than a hundred cases So he had to switch to a brand he's never bought because its the only thing he could find and the most he could get was one pallet or 300 cases. They're intl trap loads so they aren't as popular as other shells but the club is not going to be able to supply competitions anymore and will be practicing a lot less until things return to normal.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by clinttho; 02-14-2013 at 08:52..
clinttho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 15:24   #85
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Not really. Most gun shops have the same rule or at a minimum no unholstering your CCW while in premises as the latter prevents morons (of which there are many) from having a ND in the store. This is not that uncommon at gunshows as any perusal of the national news shows.

Not every gun owner or CCW permit holder is a rocket scientist and after you've had a gun pointed at you a few times these thing tend to bother one.
I guess that you are right. There are a lot of knuckleheads out there carrying loaded handguns.
Old 02-14-2013, 17:31   #86
yellowlabsrule

I have no idea what is happening at my range, because I have not been lately. Ammo is too hard to find, so I am not shooting what I have. That means the range has to be losing money. Tomorrow I will be picking up a pellet gun, I need some trigger time.
yellowlabsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 20:14   #87
eaglefrq
NRA Member

We went to our local range on Sunday (they reload their own) and they were only selling one box of ammo to customers. They didn't think they were going to have enough ammo to last the week.
Old 02-14-2013, 21:53   #88
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinttho View Post
I'm friends with a guy who owns a range and also has a bunker where they shoot and host international trap. He typically orders 200+ cases (of 250) each of five different target loads twice a year. He told me in January he went to place his normal order and his suppliers were extremely low on stock and could not sell him more than a hundred cases So he had to switch to a brand he's never bought because its the only thing he could find and the most he could get was one pallet or 300 cases. They're intl trap loads so they aren't as popular as other shells but the club is not going to be able to supply competitions anymore and will be practicing a lot less until things return to normal.

Rio supplies a lot of shells to the clay target sports. Great shells for not a lot of money. They had a disruption in shipping...containers or something or other. We've been using Nobel Sport instead of Rio. Also really good shells for about $55 a flat.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 22:53   #89
Kentguy

I guess we could all speculate about what the near future will be concerning ammo availability or the lack there-of...?

Anyway it does seem prudent to shoot sparingly until things return to some form or normalcy. If there is such a thing from now on...

I have enough to keep me happy for some time but I have to admit that I don't shoot as much as I did this same time last year.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17   #90
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
Same here by me. 30-60 minute wait at my 18 lane indoor range
Where are they getting their ammo?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42   #91
clinttho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Rio supplies a lot of shells to the clay target sports. Great shells for not a lot of money. They had a disruption in shipping...containers or something or other. We've been using Nobel Sport instead of Rio. Also really good shells for about $55 a flat.
THey used to buy/keep two different kinds of Federal and Fiocchi shells and an Italian make I'm unfamiliar with. His suppliers had very little supply of only one of those available. He could only find one brand in quantity and he not I had ever heard of it. I've used Nobel Sport and agree with your assessment on them. I haven't seen Rio's international loads but I'm sure they make them.

clinttho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23   #92
SCmasterblaster

It looks like Hillary will run for POTUS in 2016 - I'd start hoarding ammo right now. More gun control on the way.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53   #93
frostamp

I have not slowed down cause of ammo prices, I've slowed down cause it freakin' cold!

Before the madness I scored 10,500 rounds of Federal 22lr 36 gr. for $350 shippped.

once it hits 40 degrees it's on
frostamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 13:51   #94
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostamp View Post
I have not slowed down cause of ammo prices, I've slowed down cause it freakin' cold!

Before the madness I scored 10,500 rounds of Federal 22lr 36 gr. for $350 shippped.

once it hits 40 degrees it's on
It got pretty cold here in VT also. Where are you?
Old 02-15-2013, 18:07   #95
Jake Starr

Not so here in Louisville. Business in booming.

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.
Jake Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 18:50   #96
rustytxrx

We have several local matchs a week around our area. Many shooters would attend multiple matches each week. Some have slowed down saving cartridges for the bigger matches
Old 02-15-2013, 20:56   #97
Cole125
Silver Membership

Until this madness dies down, I am shooting my pellet guns, period.

I've got a good amount of ammo, but I am not going to shoot what I can't replace.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13   #98
gatorboy

I've been hit up by guys I hav'nt talked to in 3-4 years asking to buy ammo for whatever I will sell it for. Hav'nt sold a sungle round. I did realize more people know I shoot and have "stuff" than should. Do not like. At all.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:41   #99
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Yep. Thanks Feinstein, Obama and Biden.

Even the prices for range time are up around me. I used to be able to go shoot 100 rounds of .45 acp for about $60, all in. That is about $90 now. I simply won't do it. You can give in to the madness and be taken advantage of or say f__k you, you can have my business when things return to normal.

And no, I am not touching my small stockpile of ammo.
I agree. I know how toe shoot and my held ammo will not be wasted. With the libtards in power we really don't know how long the shortages and high costs will stay. Better stockpile what you have and don't waste it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57   #100
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
I've been hit up by guys I hav'nt talked to in 3-4 years asking to buy ammo for whatever I will sell it for. Hav'nt sold a sungle round. I did realize more people know I shoot and have "stuff" than should. Do not like. At all.

I've sold plenty at a mildly obscene profit. .....reloads too!
FLIPPER 348 is online now   Reply With Quote