GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 23:33   #81
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
... I'll say it again... the rule is STUPID.

It's your right to not enter, however you'll never set foot in a gun show unless you are LE or if not in obedience & get caught will be barred from CCW for life in that state at a minimum, if not other charges as well. These sort of places have rules such as this as they have to "dumb down" as they are dealing with the public of which many dummies are a member therein.
Tiro Fijo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49   #82
ashecht
Senior Member
 
ashecht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Jack View Post
Around here I've never seen the ranges so packed. 30-60 minute waits for a lane are becoming the standard.
Same here by me. 30-60 minute wait at my 18 lane indoor range
__________________
G19 Gen4, G26 Gen4, G30 Gen3
Springfield Range Officer
Italian Beretta 92FS Inox
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07   #83
Big Bird
NRA Life Member
 
Big Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,440
The thing I love about shotgun sports like skeet and sporting clays is that we seem to be immune from the panic buying that hits the rest of the gun business when crap goes on like it is now. I can buy as many over/under shotguns and as much target ammo as I want and prices haven't moved an iota. Going to shoot a registered clays shoot this weekend



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Big Bird,

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52   #84
clinttho
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
The thing I love about shotgun sports like skeet and sporting clays is that we seem to be immune from the panic buying that hits the rest of the gun business when crap goes on like it is now. I can buy as many over/under shotguns and as much target ammo as I want and prices haven't moved an iota. Going to shoot a registered clays shoot this weekend



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'm friends with a guy who owns a range and also has a bunker where they shoot and host international trap. He typically orders 200+ cases (of 250) each of five different target loads twice a year. He told me in January he went to place his normal order and his suppliers were extremely low on stock and could not sell him more than a hundred cases So he had to switch to a brand he's never bought because its the only thing he could find and the most he could get was one pallet or 300 cases. They're intl trap loads so they aren't as popular as other shells but the club is not going to be able to supply competitions anymore and will be practicing a lot less until things return to normal.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by clinttho; 02-14-2013 at 08:52..
clinttho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 15:24   #85
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Not really. Most gun shops have the same rule or at a minimum no unholstering your CCW while in premises as the latter prevents morons (of which there are many) from having a ND in the store. This is not that uncommon at gunshows as any perusal of the national news shows.

Not every gun owner or CCW permit holder is a rocket scientist and after you've had a gun pointed at you a few times these thing tend to bother one.
I guess that you are right. There are a lot of knuckleheads out there carrying loaded handguns.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 17:31   #86
yellowlabsrule
Senior Member
 
yellowlabsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Katy, Tx.
Posts: 121
I have no idea what is happening at my range, because I have not been lately. Ammo is too hard to find, so I am not shooting what I have. That means the range has to be losing money. Tomorrow I will be picking up a pellet gun, I need some trigger time.
yellowlabsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 20:14   #87
eaglefrq
NRA Member
 
eaglefrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,182
We went to our local range on Sunday (they reload their own) and they were only selling one box of ammo to customers. They didn't think they were going to have enough ammo to last the week.
__________________
You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.
eaglefrq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 21:53   #88
Big Bird
NRA Life Member
 
Big Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 10,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinttho View Post
I'm friends with a guy who owns a range and also has a bunker where they shoot and host international trap. He typically orders 200+ cases (of 250) each of five different target loads twice a year. He told me in January he went to place his normal order and his suppliers were extremely low on stock and could not sell him more than a hundred cases So he had to switch to a brand he's never bought because its the only thing he could find and the most he could get was one pallet or 300 cases. They're intl trap loads so they aren't as popular as other shells but the club is not going to be able to supply competitions anymore and will be practicing a lot less until things return to normal.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Rio supplies a lot of shells to the clay target sports. Great shells for not a lot of money. They had a disruption in shipping...containers or something or other. We've been using Nobel Sport instead of Rio. Also really good shells for about $55 a flat.
__________________
Big Bird,

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 22:53   #89
Kentguy
Senior Member
 
Kentguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kent, OH
Posts: 968
I guess we could all speculate about what the near future will be concerning ammo availability or the lack there-of...?

Anyway it does seem prudent to shoot sparingly until things return to some form or normalcy. If there is such a thing from now on...

I have enough to keep me happy for some time but I have to admit that I don't shoot as much as I did this same time last year.
__________________
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"
—Rudyard Kipling
Kentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17   #90
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
Same here by me. 30-60 minute wait at my 18 lane indoor range
Where are they getting their ammo?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42   #91
clinttho
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Rio supplies a lot of shells to the clay target sports. Great shells for not a lot of money. They had a disruption in shipping...containers or something or other. We've been using Nobel Sport instead of Rio. Also really good shells for about $55 a flat.
THey used to buy/keep two different kinds of Federal and Fiocchi shells and an Italian make I'm unfamiliar with. His suppliers had very little supply of only one of those available. He could only find one brand in quantity and he not I had ever heard of it. I've used Nobel Sport and agree with your assessment on them. I haven't seen Rio's international loads but I'm sure they make them.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
clinttho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23   #92
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
It looks like Hillary will run for POTUS in 2016 - I'd start hoarding ammo right now. More gun control on the way.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53   #93
frostamp
Senior Member
 
frostamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 339
I have not slowed down cause of ammo prices, I've slowed down cause it freakin' cold!

Before the madness I scored 10,500 rounds of Federal 22lr 36 gr. for $350 shippped.

once it hits 40 degrees it's on
frostamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 13:51   #94
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostamp View Post
I have not slowed down cause of ammo prices, I've slowed down cause it freakin' cold!

Before the madness I scored 10,500 rounds of Federal 22lr 36 gr. for $350 shippped.

once it hits 40 degrees it's on
It got pretty cold here in VT also. Where are you?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 18:07   #95
Jake Starr
Senior Member
 
Jake Starr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 4,725
Not so here in Louisville. Business in booming.
__________________
Christian pacifism is an option not a requirement.

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.
Jake Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 18:50   #96
rustytxrx
Senior Member
 
rustytxrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068
We have several local matchs a week around our area. Many shooters would attend multiple matches each week. Some have slowed down saving cartridges for the bigger matches
__________________
Rusty
Texas, I luv u
rustytxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 20:56   #97
Cole125
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Cole125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far West, USA
Posts: 7,593
Until this madness dies down, I am shooting my pellet guns, period.

I've got a good amount of ammo, but I am not going to shoot what I can't replace.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13   #98
gatorboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,019
I've been hit up by guys I hav'nt talked to in 3-4 years asking to buy ammo for whatever I will sell it for. Hav'nt sold a sungle round. I did realize more people know I shoot and have "stuff" than should. Do not like. At all.
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:41   #99
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 16,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Yep. Thanks Feinstein, Obama and Biden.

Even the prices for range time are up around me. I used to be able to go shoot 100 rounds of .45 acp for about $60, all in. That is about $90 now. I simply won't do it. You can give in to the madness and be taken advantage of or say f__k you, you can have my business when things return to normal.

And no, I am not touching my small stockpile of ammo.
I agree. I know how toe shoot and my held ammo will not be wasted. With the libtards in power we really don't know how long the shortages and high costs will stay. Better stockpile what you have and don't waste it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57   #100
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lyle WA
Posts: 22,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
I've been hit up by guys I hav'nt talked to in 3-4 years asking to buy ammo for whatever I will sell it for. Hav'nt sold a sungle round. I did realize more people know I shoot and have "stuff" than should. Do not like. At all.

I've sold plenty at a mildly obscene profit. .....reloads too!
FLIPPER 348 is online now   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:55.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,223
298 Members
925 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42