SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-07-2013, 13:18   #1
Doug S

Question about installing a swivel stud on my Maverick 88

Hi All,

I want to have the option of putting a sling on my Maverick. It doesn't seem like a difficult task to drill the hole on the buttstock, but I do have a couple of questions...

Is it necessary to put glue/epoxy in the hole?
Can I just screw in the stud without epoxy?

I don't have anything around the house but some wood glue, and I was hoping to do the job without having to go out and buy anything.
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having heard it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Doug S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 13:27   #2
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S View Post
Hi All,

I want to have the option of putting a sling on my Maverick. It doesn't seem like a difficult task to drill the hole on the buttstock, but I do have a couple of questions...

Is it necessary to put glue/epoxy in the hole?
Can I just screw in the stud without epoxy?

I don't have anything around the house but some wood glue, and I was hoping to do the job without having to go out and buy anything.
There should already be a hole in the bottom edge of your Maverick stock. The stud screws into it with little effort and no glue is needed. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 13:44   #3
Doug S

Hi Deputy Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. My Maverick buttstock has a flat area where the rear stud should go, but no hole. Maybe they've changed. But if I understand what you are saying, after I drill it, I should be able to just screw it in without glue. Correct?
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to expressing anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having heard it. May God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by Doug S; 05-07-2013 at 13:45..
Old 05-07-2013, 14:15   #4
deputy tom

Quote:
Hi Deputy Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. My Maverick buttstock has a flat area where the rear stud should go, but no hole. Maybe they've changed. But if I understand what you are saying, after I drill it, I should be able to just screw it in without glue. Correct?
That flat indent is where you should drill the hole if none exists. You won't need any glue and the stud won't back out as someone suggested on another forum where you posted this question. Just make sure you drill the proper sized hole. The front screw that holds on your barrel should also be drilled and threaded to accept the stud with machine threads on it. Uncle Mikes sells the swivels and studs in one package to fit your gun. You can also get them directly from the manufacturer. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
Old 05-07-2013, 14:51   #5
Doug S

Thanks again, Deputy Tom. I will give it a try. The gun came with the swivel studs. I have the front stud in already, and I have a set of Uncle Mikes swivels ready to go once I get the rear stud in. A sling is on the way from Amazon.

Last edited by Doug S; 05-07-2013 at 14:52..
Old 05-07-2013, 14:54   #6
deputy tom

Quote:
Thanks again, Deputy Tom. I will give it a try. The gun came with the swivel studs. I have the front stud in already, and I have a set of Uncle Mikes swivels ready to go once I get the rear stud in. A sling is on the way from Amazon.
No problem Doug. Just make sure the hole is the size of the stud shaft and not the size of the spiral around it.tom.

ETA Blue locktite the front stud.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Last edited by deputy tom; 05-07-2013 at 14:56..
Old 05-07-2013, 17:44   #7
Doug S

Done. I didn't use any glue, and as you said it didn't seem like it needed any. Very tight without it. Thanks very much for the help.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:36   #8
deputy tom

My pleasure Doug. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST