HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Us presidents holding guns

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/.../pictures.html
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:03   #2
Reissman

I like bush but did he not look like Elmer Fudd in that picture!
Old 02-02-2013, 19:35   #3
nursetim

The page cut me off at carter.
Old 02-02-2013, 20:02   #4
Caver 60

Wonder who showed Obama which end of the shotgun he was supposed to put against his shoulder for the photo op?
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 20:05   #5
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reissman View Post
Bush looked like he was worried Dick Cheney had come with him....

Old 02-02-2013, 23:04   #6
Grabbrass

Interesting subject. I went looking. All presidents of last 100 years. Could not find: Taft, Wilson, Harding,

Reagan
The Okie Corral

Ford
The Okie Corral

JFK
The Okie Corral

Another JFK
The Okie Corral

Eisenhower (w/ Churchill and Bradley)
The Okie Corral

Truman
The Okie Corral

continued ...
Old 02-02-2013, 23:04   #7
Grabbrass

pt. 2

FDR
The Okie Corral

Teddy
The Okie Corral

Another Teddy
The Okie Corral

Nixon
The Okie Corral

Carter
The Okie Corral

Johnson (wasn't easy to find)
The Okie Corral

continued ...
Old 02-02-2013, 23:05   #8
Grabbrass

pt. 3

Coolidge
The Okie Corral

Hoover
The Okie Corral

GHWB
The Okie Corral

GWB
The Okie Corral

Bill and Hillary Clinton
The Okie Corral

Nerf
The Okie Corral

Old 02-03-2013, 00:31   #9
vikingsoftpaw

If my memory is serves me right, Kennedy shot National Matches and acquired a '03 Springfield through the CMP. He had NRA Expert certification.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27   #10
Blast
'nuff said

The Okie Corral
Old 02-03-2013, 05:54   #11
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reissman View Post
Pretty typical - if anybody in the press shot a role of Bush looking like the great white hunter, with one shot at the right angle and facial expression to look like Elmer Fudd, that's the only one you'd ever see. If Bush had delivered the Gettysburg Address, we'd have only seen a clip of him stuttering on one word, played over and over and over.

Sometimes you have to stop and think about how the press, by selecting which stories to tell and which quotes and pictures to use, creates and alters your picture of reality. No wonder they whine about "powerful corporations" - it's to distract us from where the real power and danger is.

Last edited by Bren; 02-03-2013 at 05:54..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59   #12
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post
If my memory is serves me right, Kennedy shot National Matches and acquired a '03 Springfield through the CMP. He had NRA Expert certification.
Apparently, he got an M1 Granad from DCM:

Quote:
http://www.rockislandauction.com/vie...=41&iid=205462

This is probably the Most Historically Significant U.S. Springfield M1 Garand rifle that has ever been for sale. This is rifle is the actual Springfield Armory M1 Garand rifle that was originally issued by the Director of Marksmanship to then Senator John F. Kennedy, in October 1959 and obviously everyone knows that he became the 35th President of the United States. Since this rifle was issued to Senator Kennedy in 1959, well before he was elected to the Office of the President of the United States, this rifle could very well have accompanied him directly into the White House. During this time period, the DCM was issuing rifles based on a lottery system with only a few hundred or maybe a thousand rifles sold yearly. Usually you had to wait years for one and what ever was chosen for you that was the one you received. In an article in the American Rifleman Magazine, that was written up on this rifle, MSG (Master Sergeant) Parkinson (who performed the actual work on this weapon) alluded to this rifle as being a basic rack grade M1. However, and to no ones surprise, upon closer examination of this rifle it is actually a very early 6 Million serial number range, type 1 NM M1Garand. The rear of the receiver is marked "U.S. RIFLE /CAL 30. M1 / SPRINGFIELD / ARMORY" over the serial number and the barrel is correctly marked as follows; "SA F6535448 3 56 A2263" with the correct "P" and "M" proof marks with a partial DOD acceptance proof. The front left side of the exposed section of the barrel is correctly stamped with the "NM" and Star proof indicating that the barrel was star gauged. The right side of the barrel behind the operating rod is has also been correctly stamped with the "T" proof indicating it was targeted. The stock and hand guard set are all correctly walnut with a DOD and circled P proof cartouches. The front hand guard has been unitized and the stock has also been glass bedded. It is fitted with a complete NM rear sight set and we assume that the operating rod is also a early NM version, that is probably marked SA 6528287-SA (without the NM markings on top of the cocking handle). The top of the bolt is also marked 6528287-SA over YO1, which would also lend credence that this was a new type 1 NM rifle. All the metal surfaces of the rifle have been hand polished and nicely blued by MSG Parkinson and the stock and handguard have also been hand sanded, and boned out with a high luster sealer applied. Typical of Presentation rifles issued during this time frame. This rifle is fully documented with a copy of the original DD1348 noting that it was shipped to Senator Kennedy in Oct 1959; a copy of a Memorandum of Record that was provided to Senator Kennedy by the Dept of the Army detailing the additional upgraded work that was performed on the rifle; a copy of a Letter of Appreciation (signed by Senator Kennedy) that was sent to MSG Raymond Parkinson, thanking him for the additional time and care that he took in accurazing and test firing this rifle, along with the actual 200 yard test target shot by MSG Parkinson, (ten shots at 200 yards, approximately 2 inch OAL). Also accompanying this rifle is a letter from the NRA Museum dated Sept 1970, indicating their desire to obtain and put on a permanent display this very rifle (by serial number), along with a hand receipt dated Oct 1970 taking title to this rifle. This rifle was briefly written up in the May 1967 issue of the "American Rifleman" which also depicts the letter of appreciation noted above. It is complete with an original Boyt 44 marked leather sling, the 1959 NM handbook, and the original wooden shipping/storage box that was hand built by MSG Parkinson.
Condition: Excellent overall with 99% of the original hand polished and blued finish still remaining with just some minor wear on the right side receiver rail, from the limited test firing it has seen. The stock and handguard set are all in mint condition with 99% of the original hand rubbed finish/sealer with no handling marks or dings, with just visible cartouches. The sling is also in excellent condition with sharp markings, intact stitching with some minor age cracking, but still very pliable after 63years. The wooden box is in very good condition, obviously used to ship the rifle in. What a super historical, "One of a Kind" rifle that transcends collector interest on both the US Military and the US Historical Side. The historical significance of this rifle can only be matched by the importance of the position that President John F. Kennedy played throughout his life and in the position of the President of the United States, as well as in our own hearts and minds. Certainly everyone of our generation remembers his service during WWII as well as his public service as a US Senator and President of the United States. No one will ever forget where they were at on that fateful day in November 1963. This is your chance to actually own and hold a personal possession of Senator, then U.S. President John F Kennedy, and is certainly only for the super advanced collector who is looking for the Ultimate in Historical US Military rifles.
On the other hand, a secret service agent has said that, not only did reagan wear a pistol on his ranch, while he was president, but he allegedly admitted to carrying one in his briefcase, while in the USSR in 1988. Sadly, he supported Brady background checks, but at oleast he wasn an NRA member.

Last edited by Bren; 02-03-2013 at 06:02..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22   #13
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

What a load of crap. If I show you a pic of a politician kissing a baby does it make you think he likes your kid?

Politicians only care about votes. Vote a few of them into the real world and the others will start falling into line.

No offense intended to any of you who posted these, btw.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote