GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 18:12   #1
xy9142

30 Gen4 or 30sf for medium hands and short fingers?

Any advice here? I have average hands with short fingers. They don't have one local....anyone have any experience? Which will be easier to conceal? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xy9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:16   #2
im413

I have both and think the Gen 4 has a smaller grip.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-02-2013, 18:18   #3
xy9142

Which gun is smaller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xy9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 18:26   #4
HGxyz

From your description, the trigger reach on either of these may be too much for you. I have average size hands and the reach is longer than I would like.
HGxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 21:54   #5
papercidal

For the most they are identical in size, trigger reach may be a little less on the gen 4 but for concealment they are the exact same the rough texture of the grip may chafe more on the G4.
papercidal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40   #6
robhic
Platinum Membership
WOLVERINE!!!!

Go with the G30sf for sure. I have one and no sweat reaching and pulling the trigger. It's a Slim Frame and lives up to its designation.

Obama doesn’t simply lie. He exists in a truth-free zone.
robhic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 13:19   #7
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercidal View Post
For the most they are identical in size, trigger reach may be a little less on the gen 4 but for concealment they are the exact same the rough texture of the grip may chafe more on the G4.

Of the two pistols the OP mentioned, the Gen4 G30 will be better suited for a smaller hand. The Gen4 G30 without a back strap adapter installed has essentially the same dimensions as the Gen3 G30SF (Short* Frame), but the Gen4 "feels" smaller in the hand. The G30SF has deeper texture on the back strap and finger grooves, whereas the Gen4 texture is uniform around the entire circumference of the grip. The net effect is the Gen4 is a slightly better fit for smaller hands given a choice between these two models.

The big advantage of the Gen4 over the G30SF for shooters with short fingers is the larger Gen4 mag release which extends to the back and is easier to reach with the thumb.

* SF=Short Frame. The Gen3 G30SF differs slightly from the standard frame Gen3 G30 in that the trigger reach is shorter by ~2-3mm measured from back strap to trigger and depending on how the caliper is positioned. However, the width of the grip at the widest point (32.5mm) is the same for Gen3 G30/G30SF/G30S and Gen4 G30

Google site:us.glock.com "short frame" and site:us.glock.com "slim frame" to confirm the meaning of SF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 02-03-2013 at 15:33..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote