Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:36   #1
GLOCKFAN1973

Gen 4 32 issues

I recently purchased a new 32 and fired it yesterday, It has the single stack 10 round mags. When full loaded with ten rounds the gun doesn't feed properly and the bottom of the magazine has to be pushed up. Has anyone experienced this and why?
GLOCKFAN1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35   #2
Adamz04

I have a gen4 g32 but mine is the 15rd model and it has ran 100% for me. Maybe try a different mag?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37   #3
DannyR

Fastest solution is to get a few 13-round G32 magazines. Next best solution might be to install some 13-round followers in your 10-round mags.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DannyR; 02-03-2013 at 11:38..
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:15   #4
davsco

if your state lets you use >10 round mags, try those. otherwise download your mags by one.

my gen4 g32 works perfectly with the 15 round mags fully loaded.
davsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:29   #5
Beanie-Bean

Don't own/haven't tried any 10-round magazines in my G32, but the 13- and 15-round magazines work just fine with both factory ammo, and my own ammo.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 15:49   #6
Three-Five-Seven
Señor Mombo

What EXACTLY does "doesn't feed properly" mean? Exactly, what are you doing to charge the pistol with the first round? And, exactly, what is happening to the round when you do charge the pistol?

Normally, you replace a magazine on a Glock pistol with the slide to the rear and the slide-stop engaged. This results in NO pressure being applied to the magazine, so it doesn't hang down. If you are inserting a FULL magazine into a closed pistol, it it normal for it to be pushed down as far as the magazine catch will permit. Again, that's normal.

If you are charging the pistol in any way other than by releasing the slide from the open position by touching ONLY the slide stop and releasing the slide, then it is very possible that you are creating the problem with improper operation. (this means that NO part of either of your hands can be touching the slide as it moves from fully retracted to battery)

It sounds to me like you are new to Glocks and need to learn the manual of arms for the Glock pistol so that you understand its characteristics and can operate it appropriately.

I have never had a failure to feed with a Glock pistol, regardless of the magazine involved.

Last edited by Three-Five-Seven; 02-03-2013 at 15:53..
Three-Five-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote