Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-03-2013, 23:03   #1
arnettjd10

Will an AWB ban AR accessories?

I was wondering do you guys know if anything has been brought up in congress that would ban things like red dot optics and AR rails like the Troy Alpha rail? these are things i plan on buying in the future and im wondering should i take out a small loan to get my 2 ARs layed out how i want them or would waiting 3 or 4 months be a big deal. Im a college student and work a minimum wage job, its pretty difficult to save up money right now.
arnettjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:12   #2
pgg00

I know the one by fienstien would ban certain items such as foregrips, flash suppressors, pistol grips etc. lets hope it doesn't pass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.

Last edited by pgg00; 02-04-2013 at 00:25..
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:22   #3
EODLRD
AF Veteran

Last thing I would tell someone to do is take out a loan to purchase firearms or accessories. That is just not financially responsible.

Your time and effort would be better spent fighting these proposed laws and buying what you can, when you can.

Despite how much we all love our hobby, life goes on. No reason to make bad life decisions just to possess a material object.
EODLRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:33   #4
cysoto
Gone Shooting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnettjd10 View Post
Will an AWB ban AR accessories?
Black Rifle Forum
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48   #5
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODLRD View Post
Last thing I would tell someone to do is take out a loan to purchase firearms or accessories. That is just not financially responsible.

Your time and effort would be better spent fighting these proposed laws and buying what you can, when you can.

Despite how much we all love our hobby, life goes on. No reason to make bad life decisions just to possess a material object.
I have to agree here. Just buy the stuff as you can.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23   #6
stooxie
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODLRD View Post

-Stooxie
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00   #7
plainsman

You can trust you democrap leader!

What can congess do? They wiped out American Indian tribes, banned alcohol, put Japanese/American citizens in internment camps in WW 2, etc.

Naw you should be fine with gun controls, ask any New Yorker!
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:56   #8
Burns

Send a message via AIM to Burns Send a message via Yahoo to Burns
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
What can congess do? They wiped out American Indian tribes, banned alcohol, put Japanese/American citizens in internment camps in WW 2, etc.

Naw you should be fine with gun controls, ask any New Yorker!
nice.
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. -- Walter Williams
Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:59   #9
shotgunred
reloading nut

No federal AWB will pass at this time.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:49   #10
Jim85IROC

Even if the ban were to go through, wouldn't it ban the sale of guns with that stuff? I would think it would still be legal to buy that stuff for guns made before the ban.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:14   #11
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

There will be no ban on that level.

Lets assume a ban passes. The one before allowed stock created before the ban to be sold. Then there are the marketers who circumvented the ban with altered products. Then there was the sale of items made before the ban. Then the are black market sales, which occur now in spite of law, then there are home made items, then there are home made items sold, then....

Laws don't stop needs, desires, wants, etc.

Pot is illegal, can you buy pot?

It is illegal to copy DVD's, can you buy bootlegged DVD's?

The highway speed limit here is 55 mph, does everyone drive 55?
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:48   #12
DAIadvisor

I don't think they can "BAN" accessories, but there might be a law preventing you from putting them on. During the last one, for example - you could buy flash hiders, but couldn't put them on post-ban rifles. Or they might say that if you have a rail on the front of your rifle, it's now an "assault rifle". Having said that, I've never EVER heard of anyone being "checked" to see if their rifle was pre or post ban, or import parts count compliant.
DAIadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:57   #13
Ruggles

I can not imagine any type of optic being banned. Too many uses outside of "assault" weapons.

I really don't see anything coming nationwide. The states doing this mess right now like NY are not going to influence the nation debate. Way too many pro gun states to allow that to occur.

I would not worry about draining yourself now to buy anything AR related. This mess will end this year and supplies of all things AR related will be back on shelves.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote