Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 15:51   #21
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Nobody is glorifying war!...

Standing up against evil and fighting to preserve freedom and democracy is NOT glorifying war.

What do you have against the military?

"democracy".... that's a good one. LMAO

Forward, Amerikans!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 15:54   #22
Black&TAN

Quote:
You should quit this while you're ahead, because you're wading in hot water.
That's what I was thinking...

sent via Tapatalk
Black&TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:05   #23
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Does anyone think the old man runs his own twitter account?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Probably not...like his newsletter.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:06   #24
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriously? View Post
good for ron paul. The glorification of war and the military of late is more than a little sickening.
Troll! The people who called me a troll - THIS is what a real troll looks like. I accept your apology.

Last edited by The Fed; 02-04-2013 at 16:07..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:07   #25
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
"democracy".... that's a good one. LMAO

Forward, Amerikans!
That's a terrible thing to say about a country that's the number one leader in the fight against Islamic aggression.

The United States is the biggest obstacle in the path of the Muslims ruling the world. That is their stated goal, and that's why they hate us so much.

Chris Kyle was a front line warrior in that battle, and he deserves respect.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:19   #26
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
Is the massive bragging about the "160 kills" not glorifying war?
Well, let us just go with your line of thinking even though it isn't correct because: He didn't do the bragging, most heroes don't. The proceeds of his book went to charity and as someone explained, his actions actually saved many of our soldiers.

All that to say what does the # of his kills have to do with what happened on a range in Erath Co.? Show me how helping a fellow brother in arms over PTSD is anything but selfless.

Also, how are most of us here even statists? As I said, I think you have a very poor definition of that word. All this kinda tells me that you are talking out you ** and you are about as moronic as the progressives who try to push their own agenda after a tragedy.
Old 02-04-2013, 16:33   #27
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

~ "Ron, this is why you will never be President."
"He who puts down his sword ... gets his head cut off" ~

Political Issues

Political Issues

Political Issues
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:33   #28
snerd

Quote:
That's a terrible thing to say about a country that's the number one leader in the fight against Islamic aggression.

The United States is the biggest obstacle in the path of the Muslims ruling the world. That is their stated goal, and that's why they hate us so much.........
Good lord, man. You're laying it on a little thick, aren't you? Mom, apple pie and baseball too?
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:36   #29
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

"Islamic aggression."

LOL!
Seriously? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:38   #30
countrygun

Quote:
Is the massive bragging about the "160 kills" not glorifying war?
OMG, he volunteered to serve his Country, he did an outstanding job and then he had the nerve to come home and abuse the First Amendment by talking about it. How horrible. How dare he use the First Amendment to say something that some people don't like.

We should have no hero's in this Country unless they always carry cute little kittens in their arms at all times.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:40   #31
jakebrake
cracker

wonder which one this retread used to be.
Old 02-04-2013, 16:54   #32
EOS
Pro Liberty

I not judging Dr. Paul because I seriously doubt he is the one sending out these tweets, as I think their are very few people in their 70's using twitter.

What's funny, is seeing all the Neoconservatives come out and say that America is the only thing standing in the way of worldwide Muslim domination. When we have over 200 foriegn military installations around the globe. We spend more money on the military than Obama does on his welfare state, you guys are as fanatical about middle eastern domination as the welfare leeches are about getting their checks, and those attitudes are sure to lead this country to a crisis.

You label all those fighting against U.S occupation as terrorist fanatics and insurgents. But I ask you, what would you do if China invaded the U.S tommorow, acted outside of U.S law, set up roadway checkpoints and even killed innocent civilians including children?
Would you take up arms? If your as brave and red blooded as you say you are, then yes, you would fight back.

Most of these "insurgents" are simply resisting the occupation of their land, just as we would do. Why do think we hold the moral high ground? When you folks actually wake up and see the world from another prespective instead of watching the wars on T.V and yelling "Merica"!, maybe then you'll stop feeling the need to bankrupt us on dominating the middle east.

Please do not downgrade this conversation with the "spreading democracy" bull****. What kind of democracy are we trying to spread? Our own Constituion is nothing more than toilet paper now, but we feel the need to tell others how to run their country? This is madness, while your worried about spreading "freedom" through force, our freedom is being taken away!

Ignorance is an evil disease.

Last edited by EOS; 02-04-2013 at 17:01..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 16:55   #33
GAFinch

This from the same guy who called the 9/11 attacks acts of air piracy. It's not like Kyle was killed in combat.
Old 02-04-2013, 16:57   #34
itstime

I'm wondering if Ron himself said that. If he did his ranking of
Me dropped several points.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:02   #35
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

I guess the tweet wasn't touchy feely and PC enough. The tweet is accurate on it's face, however. Warriors often die violently. And gun ranges aren't a good place to take vets suffering from PTSD. Now that those suffering from Paul Derangement Syndrome have gotten their required venom out of the way, does anyone want to talk about the substance of the tweet and whether it's accurate?

Btw, Ron himself doesn't manage his online presence. Believe me, there's been plenty of instances of Paul supporters lashing out at those that manage his Facebook, Twitter, etc over the years for various reasons (stupid tweets, gross misspellings in Facebook posts, etc).

eta: I just noticed the blurb in the blaze article that Ron is now doing his own tweets. That's recent. I dont have a problem with what he said. I guess it just offends the delicate sensibilities of the warhawks in the party.

Last edited by G19G20; 02-04-2013 at 17:25..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:09   #36
Glock_Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...snipers-death/

Classy, Ron, classy. Neville Chamberlain had nothing on you when it comes to being a pacifist.
Ron just says what many think but don't have the balls to say. My first thought when I heard he took a guy with PTSD out shooting was "wtf was he thinking?". I read Kyle's book and think he was a true American hero, but I do question the wisdom of using shooting as a PTSD treatment. I have actually thought about volunteering to help at Wounded Warriors. I have three main hobbies I could share: sailing, astronomy, and shooting. Guess which one of the three I didn't even consider offering up to WW?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Glock_Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:10   #37
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
That was a deal breaker for me too.
Isolationism is the wrong thing to do in a world full of evil.
Here I thought it was that mean progressive streak you maintain.

Clearly you have confused non-intervention with isolationism despite the fact that you have been corrected on such points numerous times in the past.

Last edited by syntaxerrorsix; 02-04-2013 at 17:14..
syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:23   #38
countrygun

Quote:
"Islamic aggression."

LOL!
The only people who laugh t that phrase re idiot liberals and Muzzies
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:42   #39
Seriously?
U.S.A.F. Ret.

America: Invaded two countries.

Islam: Had two countries invaded and occupied by America and several others being regularly attacked by Predator Drones. One country still occupied by Israel as Israel practices ethnic cleansing on the original citizens.

Islamic Aggression?

LOL!
Seriously? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:56   #40
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Chris Kyle was a hero in every sense of the word. He tirelessly served this nation by taking the fight to our enemies on their own soil. He continued to serve by passing his knowledge and experience on to law enforcement and military personnel, so they could continue the fight and protect our citizens. Chris selflessly volunteered to help other warriors, who were broken on our behalf.

Anyone who would mock his service and sacrifice, or glorify his murder is a scumbag and a coward. Anyone who would defend someone who did so is just as bad....

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote