Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 20:29   #101
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I'm pretty sure his wife does.

His kids might. You know what, I hope your loved ones get to feel like they feel right now some day.

Karma dude.
I can only pray his wife and kids understand that his death was ultimately caused by the foreign policy that put him in that position in the first place. Then maybe they can become advocates for a sane and affordable foreign policy.

Somebody's gotta put the truth out there even when people don't want to hear it.

Btw, I find your karma comment to be hilarious since that's pretty much exactly what "live by the sword, die by the sword" is about!

Quote:
I didn't see an apology or acknowledgement that he was an insensitive tool anywhere in that.
Ok Oprah. When does your sensitivity training course start?

Quote:
It does nothing for me. You can be one of his disciples until the senile bastage croaks. What he has said on twitter recently has really illustrated just how stupid and politically inept the old fart really is. Rand better hope his dad is gone before he tries to run for president, as this stuff is coming back up.
It'll come up again only for those that worship the uniform and support the same insane foreign policy that's cost us trillions of dollars and thousands of lives.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 02-04-2013 at 20:32..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:31   #102
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Since I guarantee next to no one posting on this thread bothered to follow up on Paul's twitter feed, here's a Twitter linked to his Facebook made a few hours ago.
But weren't you the one , before the election, that was saying Romney and the right were bad because they made decisions based on religion? Romney was a Mormon and that was bad because decisions shouldn't be made based on religion (unless of course it is the Messiah RP doing it)
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:33   #103
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I can only pray his wife and kids understand that his death was ultimately caused by the foreign policy that put him in that position in the first place. Then maybe they can become advocates for a sane and affordable foreign policy.

Somebody's gotta put the truth out there even when people don't want to hear it.

Btw, I find your karma comment to be hilarious since that's pretty much exactly what "live by the sword, die by the sword" is about!
Yep, bent tool. You are stuck on Paul, and unable to see.

Glad you have some humor at his and his families expense. Don't expect that raises your stock around here though.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:39   #104
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Yep, bent tool. You are stuck on Paul, and unable to see.
That doesn't even mean anything. Unable to see what? All I see is people that like to call themselves "thinkers" reacting with pure emotion to a tweet, like a bunch of Democrats. Still no one saying the tweet is inaccurate in any way......

Quote:
Glad you have some humor at his and his families expense. Don't expect that raises your stock around here though.
Im pretty well over trying to "make friends" here. I left the popularity contests behind in high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
But weren't you the one , before the election, that was saying Romney and the right were bad because they made decisions based on religion? Romney was a Mormon and that was bad because decisions shouldn't be made based on religion (unless of course it is the Messiah RP doing it)
As I also said many times, I don't care what the guy believes in his personal life, just don't try to legislate it. And he doesn't. Can't say the same for the Romneys and Santorums of the party.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 02-04-2013 at 20:40..
Old 02-04-2013, 20:41   #105
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...snipers-death/
Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword."

Classy, Ron, classy. Neville Chamberlain had nothing on you when it comes to being a pacifist.
Ron Paul is clearly a senile idiot.
And those who continue to support him after this are idiots too.
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:42   #106
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
That doesn't even mean anything. Unable to see what? All I see is people that like to call themselves "thinkers" reacting with pure emotion to a tweet, like a bunch of Democrats. Still no one saying the tweet is inaccurate in any way......

Im pretty well over trying to "make friends" here. I left the popularity contests behind in high school.
You have sunk to a new low for me today. You are just about as pathetic a creature as I have ever met online.

A man is gunned down in cold blood, and the motives are still unknown, and you think it's OK because he didn't share your politics. This is a guy that gave a lot for his country. More than you will ever really understand.

You'd need a shovel to dig beneath the whale scat at the bottom of the ocean to find your reputation.

Oh, and I mean that in the nicest way possible, and with all due respect.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-04-2013 at 20:44..
Old 02-04-2013, 20:47   #107
michael_b
BRC #1492

Wow, well, people should read the whole tweet-

@RonPaul: Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense

I believe Dr. Paul is making a reference to how we treat our returning troops and what 10+ years of war have done to the mental health of our troops.

VERY poorly written - hence why I believe everyone is taking his statement out of context, IMO.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto

Last edited by michael_b; 02-04-2013 at 20:50..
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:47   #108
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
All hail the military.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/...ng-armies.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Madison
For example, James Madison said:
In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.
Madison also noted that never-ending war tends to destroy both liberty and prosperity:
Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied: and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force, of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war, and in the degeneracy of manners and of morals, engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.

Old 02-04-2013, 20:49   #109
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
It's more likely that they left you behind.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:50   #110
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Madison would never have had a chance to help write a constitution without this fellow.

Quote:
"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation." George Washington
Old 02-04-2013, 20:51   #111
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
You have sunk to a new low for me today. You are just about as pathetic a creature as I have ever met online.

A man is gunned down in cold blood, and the motives are still unknown, and you think it's OK because he didn't share your politics. This is a guy that gave a lot for his country. More than you will ever really understand.

You'd need a shovel to dig beneath the whale scat at the bottom of the ocean to find your reputation.

Oh, and I mean that in the nicest way possible, and with all due respect.
Your entire post is a giant strawman having sex with an ad hominem.

I never said his death was "OK".
Old 02-04-2013, 20:51   #112
ancient_serpent

Quote:
Oh please. America hasn't been at war, the military has been at war.
America has been at the mall.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:52   #113
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
Yep. Let us just say he is right about foreign policy (he isn't), why does he post it in regards to someone's murder? A victim while he tried to help another. At the very least it is disrespectful.
Old 02-04-2013, 20:52   #114
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
Wow, well, people should read the whole tweet-

@RonPaul: Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense

I believe Dr. Paul is making a reference to how we treat our returning troops and what 10+ years of war have done to the mental health of our troops.

VERY poorly written - hence why I believe everyone is taking his statement out of context, IMO.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'd love to see Dorker paul explain that to Mr. Kyle's widow.

Senile old koot.

Whether or not he was there to help a PTSD former marine is still a matter of speculation.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-04-2013 at 20:54..
Old 02-04-2013, 20:56   #115
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Your entire post is a giant strawman having sex with an ad hominem.

I never said his death was "OK".
Dr. Paul dismissed his death and virtually blamed him for his own death. with little or no real information. Insensitive prick.

You just supported your messiah. Not a straw man. not really a man at all in my book.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-04-2013 at 20:57..
Old 02-04-2013, 20:57   #116
ancient_serpent

Quote:
I'd love to see Dorker paul explain that to Mr. Kyle's widow.

Senile old koot.
Of course he wouldn't Its much easier to dehumanize other people by classifying them as such.

To wit- Kyle wasn't a person killed while trying to help a fellow veteran, see, he was a war guy doing war things and he got what he deserved.

Paul was "taken out of context" or "misunderstood" or "it was the fault of the military industrial complex, oh noes!"
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:57   #117
countrygun

Quote:

As I also said many times, I don't care what the guy believes in his personal life, just don't try to legislate it. And he doesn't. Can't say the same for the Romneys and Santorums of the party.
He sure just made it public. But of course you think his holiness wouldn't let that influence him if he was elected. Could that be because you felt he was schizophrenic and you were only voting for one of his personalities?
Old 02-04-2013, 20:58   #118
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
If I would call you a maggot it would be offensive to maggots.
I believe dog excrement would be more appropriate and closer to your intellect and character.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I am a veteran too. In your opinion would it be OK if I would die by the sword too? Or any other veteran for that matter?

Last edited by Zombie Surgeon; 02-04-2013 at 21:02..
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:59   #119
Sharkey

Quote:
I know, I know, cold hard truth of the ramifications of our never-ending war economy is repugnant to those that worship the state and it's military wing but Paul has never been known to sugarcoat his stances.
Ok, so you and Paul believe that shi*. Why would you bring it up in a thread about a murder victim? Why would he twat something about foreign policy in regards to someone murdered here in the US and do it at a time when the victim hasn't even been buried yet.

You cite this BS and then wonder why people get ticked off?
Yeah, I can see why you follow RP. The Westboro folks come to mind.

It is about honoring a hero's death and you come here to piss on it. That is what I call an a..hole. Hopefully I used enough logic for you and wasn't too emotional.
Old 02-04-2013, 20:59   #120
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Madison would never have had a chance to help write a constitution without this fellow.
If GW's quote is true then military recruitment should go through the floor. Kyle's death is a perfect example why.

GW did support a standing army but only because he thought it was a better option than "militias".
Old 02-04-2013, 21:01   #121
countrygun

Quote:

Are you the plain old "Vinegar and Water" type or one of the modern "Scented" variety?
Old 02-04-2013, 21:02   #122
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_serpent View Post
Oh please. America hasn't been at war, the military has been at war.
America has been at the mall.
That sad fact truly hits the nail on the head.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:08   #123
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Ok, so you and Paul believe that shi*. Why would you bring it up in a thread about a murder victim? Why would he twat something about foreign policy in regards to someone murdered here in the US and do it at a time when the victim hasn't even been buried yet.
Oh sorry. Guess you didn't get enough time to mourn someone you didn't know. My bad.

Quote:
You cite this BS and then wonder why people get ticked off?
Yeah, I can see why you follow RP. The Westboro folks come to mind.
Then you tell me what your sensitivity training taught you about appropriate amount of time to wait before addressing the root causes of what happened.

Quote:
It is about honoring a hero's death and you come here to piss on it.
I imagine that depends on which end of his gun you were on whether he was a hero. I don't worship military so Im able to look at the root of the problem without emotional attachment.

Quote:
That is what I call an a..hole. Hopefully I used enough logic for you and wasn't too emotional.
Naaa....when the personal insults and profanity come out it's usually a sign of an emotional response.
Old 02-04-2013, 21:09   #124
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Im still waiting for anyone to state that the contents of the tweet were inaccurate. All Im seeing is a bunch of "hurt feelings" that the tweet didn't sufficiently smooch Kyle's uniformed ass enough. Since when are conservatives so PC and emotionally driven??

I know, I know, cold hard truth of the ramifications of our never-ending war economy is repugnant to those that worship the state and it's military wing but Paul has never been known to sugarcoat his stances. The same "outraged" voices on this thread are the same ones that have always disagreed with Paul's non-interventionist platform. But hey, let's keep up the military and war worship and see if that serves the GOP better in the next election :eyeroll It's been working oh so well lately with all the elections we're winning.....
If you can't see the difference between "feelings" and respect, it is unlikely I could explain the difference to you.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:12   #125
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
I can only pray his wife and kids understand that his death was ultimately caused by the foreign policy that put him in that position in the first place. Then maybe they can become advocates for a sane and affordable foreign policy...<snip>
Turning Ryan's death into a foreign policy issue is a greater leap than Evil Keneval's leap over the Grand Canyon. Nice try, though.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote