Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 20:46   #81
ancient_serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
That day was January 3, 2013.

He is no longer a representative.
Awesome.
Seriously, I really don't care about Ron Paul, didn't even bother looking up his info.
Just seems like a crass thing for anyone to say, let alone someone that is supposed to represent other Americans.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:47   #82
QNman
resU deretsigeR

For those who think the statement isn't repugnant... couldn't the peaceniks say the same about a soldier killed on a battlefield?
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:48   #83
ancient_serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
America: Invaded two countries.

Islam: Had two countries invaded and occupied by America and several others being regularly attacked by Predator Drones. One country still occupied by Israel as Israel practices ethnic cleansing on the original citizens.

Islamic Aggression?

LOL!
Yup, Islamic aggression merited that response, and if they keep up the BS we'll go liberate the hell out of some more countries.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:52   #84
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Ron paul proves himself an inconsiderate prick unless he walks this back with an apology to the mans wife and children.

It's still speculation only if the guy was there for treatment. His initial statement seems to say the guy got what he deserved.

What a jerk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 20:55   #85
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
America: Invaded two countries.

Islam: Had two countries invaded and occupied by America and several others being regularly attacked by Predator Drones. One country still occupied by Israel as Israel practices ethnic cleansing on the original citizens.

Islamic Aggression?

LOL!
Both were well justified s/p 9/11. One directly, the other indirectly, but well justified just the same.

Fork 'em. Pick a fight with us, and you get a fight back this time. Better luck next time. Next time, we should just break them completely, WWII style, drop every bridge, destroy every power plant and water purification plant, every building above 4 stories, every dam, every port......... and leave them for their neighbors to pick the carcass clean.

We should not pick a fight, but we should finish the next one with extreme prejudice.

OBL used his opinion that we were a paper tiger to motivate his troops. Can't have that, can we?

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-04-2013 at 20:58..
Old 02-04-2013, 20:57   #86
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Demented little goblin.
Old 02-04-2013, 20:58   #87
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
You are correct in stating we don't know about the patients treatment plan or even if there was one. I somehow doubt that taking him to the range without an attending was part of the plan (if there was one). We can only hope for more information.
Worse case, it was poor judgement in an attempt to help a brother in arms to cope with his issues.

That doesn't excuse dismissing the loss of someone who would appear to be a true American hero.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 20:59   #88
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Both were well justified s/p 9/11. One directly, the other indirectly, but well justified just the same.

Fork 'em. Pick a fight with us, and you get a fight back this time. Better luck next time. Next time, we should just break them completely, WWII style, drop every bridge, destroy every power plant and water purification plant, every building above 4 stories, every dam, every port......... and leave them for their neighbors to pick the carcass clean. <snip>
... or loan them the money to rebuild, with certain conditions applied.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 21:00   #89
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
Worse case, it was poor judgement in an attempt to help a brother in arms to cope with his issues.

That doesn't excuse dismissing the loss of someone who would appear to be a true American hero.
It's still speculation on if the murderer was a PTSD patient. Give it time, it will come out.

Which makes Paul's lame arsed tweet all that more reprehensible.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-04-2013, 21:02   #90
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
It's still speculation on if the murderer was a PTSD patient. Give it time, it will come out.

Which makes Paul's lame arsed tweet all that more reprehensible.
Agreed.

But my point is simply that even if true, this comment is reprehensible. It's not like he took the guy out to kill him - assuming he was suffering from PTSD, it would certainly appear to any sane person that his intentions were pure.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 21:09   #91
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
Agreed.

But my point is simply that even if true, this comment is reprehensible. It's not like he took the guy out to kill him - assuming he was suffering from PTSD, it would certainly appear to any sane person that his intentions were pure.
Ron Paul has thrown his lot in with with the Code Pink crazies on this one, the live by the sword commend implies that this guy and his family deserved what he got.

I'd probably ask Dr. Paul to apologize and walk this statement back if I ran into him, well, I'd ask nicely the first time.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-04-2013, 21:12   #92
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Im still waiting for anyone to state that the contents of the tweet were inaccurate. All Im seeing is a bunch of "hurt feelings" that the tweet didn't sufficiently smooch Kyle's uniformed ass enough. Since when are conservatives so PC and emotionally driven??

I know, I know, cold hard truth of the ramifications of our never-ending war economy is repugnant to those that worship the state and it's military wing but Paul has never been known to sugarcoat his stances. The same "outraged" voices on this thread are the same ones that have always disagreed with Paul's non-interventionist platform. But hey, let's keep up the military and war worship and see if that serves the GOP better in the next election :eyeroll It's been working oh so well lately with all the elections we're winning.....

Last edited by G19G20; 02-04-2013 at 21:13..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:14   #93
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Im still waiting for anyone to state that the contents of the tweet were inaccurate. All Im seeing is a bunch of "hurt feelings" that the tweet didn't sufficiently smooch Kyle's uniformed ass enough. Since when are conservatives so PC and emotionally driven??

I know, I know, cold hard truth of the ramifications of our never-ending war economy is repugnant to those that worship the state and it's military wing but Paul has never been known to sugarcoat his stances. The same "outraged" voices on this thread are the same ones that have always disagreed with Paul's non-interventionist platform. But hey, let's keep up the military and war worship and see if that serves the GOP better in the next election :eyeroll It's been working oh so well lately with all the elections we're winning.....
Smooch my un-uniformed ***
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:15   #94
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Smooch my un-uniformed ***
There goes that emotional response stuff I mentioned again.
Old 02-04-2013, 21:18   #95
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc
I'd probably ask Dr. Paul to apologize and walk this statement back if I ran into him, well, I'd ask nicely the first time.
Or you could just look at his Twitter feed and see that a clarification and (somewhat of an) apology has already been posted. Naaa that's too difficult. It's easier to just threaten a 77 year old with violence, right? Thanks for proving his point. I see a sword in your future.
Old 02-04-2013, 21:20   #96
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

must....defend.....messiah,....... logic be damned.

G19G20, when the senile old bastage sticks his foot into his mouth up to his knee, it's OK to let him try to apologize on his own.

His remarks were ill informed, as they were made on speculation only, and highly insensitive considering the man involved left two young children and a wife behind, and Dorker Paul implied that he deserved what he got.

What a tool he is, and what a bent tool you are to defend that.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-04-2013, 21:21   #97
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Who cares about what's "insensitive"? What are you, Oprah? More truth, less sensitive please.
Old 02-04-2013, 21:23   #98
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Since I guarantee next to no one posting on this thread bothered to follow up on Paul's twitter feed, here's a Twitter linked to his Facebook made a few hours ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPs facebook
As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. -REP

Last edited by G19G20; 02-04-2013 at 21:24..
Old 02-04-2013, 21:23   #99
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Who cares about what's "insensitive"? What are you, Oprah? More truth, less sensitive please.
I'm pretty sure his wife does.

His kids might. You know what, I hope your loved ones get to feel like they feel right now some day.

Karma dude.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-04-2013, 21:27   #100
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Since I guarantee next to no one posting on this thread bothered to follow up on Paul's twitter feed, here's a Twitter linked to his Facebook made a few hours ago.
I didn't see an apology or acknowledgement that he was an insensitive tool anywhere in that.

It does nothing for me. You can be one of his disciples until the senile bastage croaks. What he has said on twitter recently has really illustrated just how stupid and politically inept the old fart really is. Rand better hope his dad is gone before he tries to run for president, as this stuff is coming back up.

--Gunhaver