Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:43   #1
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Drone strikes on Americans approved by BHO & Holder??

.. sure looks like it is.

Man, now comes the question: How much trust do you have in this government to NOT abuse such total power... the power of life & death?

This is some kind of 'first', isn't it?

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...americans?lite

"an “informed, high-level” official of the U.S. government may determine that the targeted American has been “recently” involved in “activities” posing a threat of a violent attack and “there is no evidence suggesting that he has renounced or abandoned such activities.” The memo does not define “recently” or “activities.”

Last edited by Skyhook; 02-05-2013 at 06:44..
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12   #2
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

NBC news? I put zero credibility on anything from this organization. Didn't bother to read it.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52   #3
Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
NBC news? I put zero credibility on anything from this organization. Didn't bother to read it.
Humph. Harrrumph. Ok.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:16   #4
snerd

But, but...... it's okay to kill American citizens with no due process. So says over half the members here!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31   #5
SPIN2010
Searching ...

I hear drones develop maintenance problems over lead contamination.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:33   #6
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

They did send a memo out saying that patriots and returning vets were a threat...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:34   #7
Sharkey

It is from the mainstream media so all you progressives gotta take it as true. Ironic, if it came from Drudge, you'd say it was from wack jobs.

You know there comes a time when the 49% say enuff. Hopefully this is the time. I doubt it, we'll just wait for them to do the first drone strike and then pass that off as they were terrorists a d deserved it.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:46   #8
BenjiEDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
I hear drones develop maintenance problems over lead contamination.
The MQ1-L used to assassinate 3 U.S. citizens (one a minor), flies at an altitude of 20,000 ft for surveillance and and comes down to 10,000 ft to fire hellfire missiles. You won't even see it at 20,000 ft, you prob won't even see it at 10,000 ft. Small arms can't touch it.

Political Issues

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15   #9
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiEDF View Post
The MQ1-L used to assassinate 3 U.S. citizens (one a minor), flies at an altitude of 20,000 ft for surveillance and and comes down to 10,000 ft to fire hellfire missiles. You won't even see it at 20,000 ft, you prob won't even see it at 10,000 ft. Small arms can't touch it.

Political Issues
Those guys were enemy combatants on foreign soil. I am very glad that al-Awlaki is dead. Might have something to do with one of his followers killing a friend of mine and 12 other people.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:42   #10
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Those guys were enemy combatants on foreign soil. I am very glad that al-Awlaki is dead. Might have something to do with one of his followers killing a friend of mine and 12 other people.
With that twisted logic then I guess that if a friend of yours kills a friend of theirs, then it's justified for them to kill you.
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:47   #11
Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker View Post
With that twisted logic then I guess that if a friend of yours kills a friend of theirs, then it's justified for them to kill you.

Yet, there's the business of traitors joining the other side and fighting your troops.. what is then the recommended procedure?
Old 02-05-2013, 13:12   #12
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Enemy combatant. On foreign soil. Law of land warfare. Look it up.

It's legal. That's the point.

My sincere lack of sympathy doesn't make it more or less legal.

--Gunhaver

Old 02-05-2013, 13:15   #13
GAFinch

Good news: they have to be senior operational leaders of AQ or some other organization that Congress has authorized military force against, GWOT or otherwise.

Bad news: Zero can kill someone merely suspected of being a terrorist but without actually having good intelligence on this. Also, there's no basic judicial or congressional oversight.
Old 02-05-2013, 13:36   #14
cdmoran

All hail the Executioner In Chief.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
cdmoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 13:41   #15
WT

We don't need federal judges or Congressmen to second guess every decision made by our troops on the ground. We gave them authority to fight and we should back them up. If Congress doesn't like it then bring the troops back home.

If an American crosses over and becomes an enemy combatant then I am all for his birth certificate being cancelled by a drone.
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:05   #16
Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post
We don't need federal judges or Congressmen to second guess every decision made by our troops on the ground. We gave them authority to fight and we should back them up. If Congress doesn't like it then bring the troops back home.

If an American crosses over and becomes an enemy combatant then I am all for his birth certificate being cancelled by a drone.
with or with out due process?
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 14:31   #17
engineer151515

Quote:
with or with out due process?

What exactly is due process in a foreign land?

Or are you suggesting a trial here "in absentia"?
Old 02-05-2013, 16:13   #18
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
What exactly is due process in a foreign land?

Or are you suggesting a trial here "in absentia"?
A lot of people are confused, some think that the constitution should apply in foreign lands, I think the law of land warfare should, since it is the international covenant on such matters.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-05-2013 at 16:13..
Old 02-05-2013, 16:26   #19
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post

Do you think there should be some burden of proof?
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 16:56   #20
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Do you think there should be some burden of proof?
Pffft, according to the memo, evidence is over rated. They know a bunch more than we do. Afterall, look how well Benghazi and FnF was handled. A kill order memo is brilliant. Why didn't B2 think of it?