Old 02-06-2013, 18:50   #61
WT

deleted

Last edited by WT; 02-07-2013 at 05:18.. Reason: verbosity
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:10   #62
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Time to consult a real expert-- John, are you ready?

http://nation.foxnews.com/drones/201...redUpFoxNation
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:20   #63
GlockRik

put me down in favor of waging war on terrorists, American or otherwise, in the most extreme manner possible.

Should someone engaged in war with the USA get a free pass because they are a citizen.
Old 02-07-2013, 19:45   #64
Grayson

Have I taken a wrong turn and ended up in Bizarro World here? People here, (not trolls, PEOPLE), defending this? It's not right in ANYONE'S hands, let alone someone who has made it clear from day one that he sees people like you and me as "the enemy!"

I think this can't be stressed enough:

Quote:
So you support Obama killing US citizens? Obama?

You do realise that DHS expanded domestic terrorist threats to include veterans, gun owners, survivalists, Libertarians, gold buyers, CCW holders, NRA members and even homeschoolers.
We're giving the green light and full approval to a man who considers anyone to the right of him a terrorist-in-waiting, full authority to kill anyone he damn well pleases, anyWHERE he damn well pleases? Just because he did it to a guy overseas who probably was an America-hating Islamofascist.

One small right + One BIG wrong =/= Right.

And "even a broken clock is right twice a day."

Doc, if you have an answer to prevent Zero from inventing a reason to drone one of us "bitter clingers" to kingdom come, I'd be all ears. "Assuming he's just going to do it to Islamic terrorists overseas" does not strike me as particularly helpful...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
make it SUPER EASY!

Call the Senate on Bloomberg's dime: 855-440-4800
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:21   #65
EOS
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Have I taken a wrong turn and ended up in Bizarro World here? People here, (not trolls, PEOPLE), defending this? It's not right in ANYONE'S hands, let alone someone who has made it clear from day one that he sees people like you and me as "the enemy!"

We're giving the green light and full approval to a man who considers anyone to the right of him a terrorist-in-waiting, full authority to kill anyone he damn well pleases, anyWHERE he damn well pleases? Just because he did it to a guy overseas who probably was an America-hating Islamofascist.

Doc, if you have an answer to prevent Zero from inventing a reason to drone one of us "bitter clingers" to kingdom come,
I'd be all ears. "Assuming he's just going to do it to Islamic terrorists overseas" does not strike me as particularly helpful...

All these 'conservatives' (cough,cough) who are defending this crap still won't tell me why DHS labels gun owners, veterans, gold buyers and preppers as domestic terrorists.

They don't sound like jihadists to me, they sound like normal Americans. Why do they want to give Obama the right to kill them at the drop of a hat?

I'll tell ya why........

So they can feel safe, warm and fuzzy at night. So if a big bad Jihadist wants to blow himself up in downtown America(happens all the time)their fearless leader Obama will call in a drone and save us all!! 'Merica!

They want to trade Constituional rights and law, for the feeling of safety.

No different than the soccer moms who want my AR-15s

Just tell me why folks, why are normal people who do non-terrorist things like prepare for emergencies, own guns, and homeschool their children, are considered terrorists by the
government???????

Why do you want to empower Obama to kill them? They are now labeled domestic terrorists according to Sec. Napolitano.

You are sheep being led to slaughter and praising it as it happens....you poor bastards.

Can't say we didn't warn you.

Last edited by EOS; 02-07-2013 at 20:25..
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:31   #66
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

Doc, if you have an answer to prevent Zero from inventing a reason to drone one of us "bitter clingers" to kingdom come, I'd be all ears. "Assuming he's just going to do it to Islamic terrorists overseas" does not strike me as particularly helpful...
It is a tool. On American soil, not allowed. It is a tool that allows the USA to kill enemy combatants, which is perfectly allowable within the rules of the law of land warfare. Period. Holding an American passport is not a shield that works against hellfire missiles, nor should it be.

I draw the line at people that are questionably enemy combatants, or on American soil.

If you can show that a person was not legitimately targeted, I might be able to see your point. From the reports I have seen, they are hitting the right guys so far.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 02-07-2013 at 20:32..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:36   #67
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Have I taken a wrong turn and ended up in Bizarro World here? People here, (not trolls, PEOPLE), defending this?

Welcome to reality.
FLIPPER 348 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:37   #68
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
It is a tool. On American soil, not allowed. It is a tool that allows the USA to kill enemy combatants, which is perfectly allowable within the rules of the law of land warfare. Period. Holding an American passport is not a shield that works against hellfire missiles, nor should it be.

I draw the line at people that are questionably enemy combatants, or on American soil.

If you can show that a person was not legitimately targeted, I might be able to see your point. From the reports I have seen, they are hitting the right guys so far.
Here you go.

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/10/24/t...t-to-kill-him/
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:40   #69
GlockRik

Allah will reward him. If he wanted a trial, he should have turned himself in. Alawaki was a traitor killed while engaging in war with America. He was not a "normal" American by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 02-07-2013, 20:43   #70
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Quote:
SANAA, Yemen American drone strikes in southern Yemen have killed nine Al Qaeda-linked militants, including the media chief for the group's Yemeni branch and the son of a prominent U.S.-born cleric slain in a similar attack last month, government officials and tribal elders said Saturday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10...#ixzz2KGulw577

Reports indicate he was not the target, but was in close proximity to the target.

When you lay with dogs, don't be surprised when you get fleas.
Old 02-07-2013, 20:46   #71
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Welcome to reality.
Yeah, Obama supporters are just running around killing police officers and their families.

Political Issues

http://laist.com/2013/02/07/christop...esto_in_fu.php
Old 02-07-2013, 20:48   #72
countrygun

Why don't we go back to B-17s and carpet bombing? It would eliminate this fantasy about "surgical strikes" One bombing run wouldn't have singled anyone out and we could save the silly discussions.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:55   #73
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Why don't we go back to B-17s and carpet bombing? It would eliminate this fantasy about "surgical strikes" One bombing run wouldn't have singled anyone out and we could save the silly discussions.
It would be expensive to build those. Now, we do have quite a few nukes on the shelves that are already paid for, more than we need, and they do have an expiration date.

The next couple of wars we have, we should just nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.
Old 02-07-2013, 20:58   #74
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Reports indicate he was not the target, but was in close proximity to the target.

When you lay with dogs, don't be surprised when you get fleas.
Oh well then, that makes it all better. You sound like Robert Fibbs.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:03   #75
countrygun

Quote:
It would be expensive to build those. Now, we do have quite a few nukes on the shelves that are already paid for, more than we need, and they do have an expiration date.

The next couple of wars we have, we should just nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.
OK. that works too. No problems about what to do with old inventory, no accusations of singling anyone out. Much more practical and I will bet a quicker, less expensive and a "More harmonious outcome".

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 21:58   #76
Grayson

Quote:
On American soil, not allowed.
That's not the way I understand it, I was reading that at best the memo was "murky" on that aspect of it. I'd feel a bit more at ease if domestic drones could "only" be used to spy on those of us on American soil, I suppose...(as opposed to reducing us to a fine red mist)

and
make it SUPER EASY!

Call the Senate on Bloomberg's dime: 855-440-4800
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 22:20   #77
Blast
'nuff said

Political Issues

Political Issues
Old 02-08-2013, 01:04   #78
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Oh well then, that makes it all better. You sound like Robert Fibbs.
If you'll search, I have long advised the good muslims to stay away from the bad.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14   #79
TK-421

I think the US Constitution should count within in the boundaries of the US, it should count for american citizens who are for their country, and it should count on US soil in foreign countries, like military bases and such. As soon as an american citizen becomes an enemy combatant, blow them all to hell. I'd rather blow them out of the sky than let them shoot one of our soldiers.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:10   #80
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I think the US Constitution should count within in the boundaries of the US, it should count for american citizens who are for their country, and it should count on US soil in foreign countries, like military bases and such. As soon as an american citizen becomes an enemy combatant, blow them all to hell. I'd rather blow them out of the sky than let them shoot one of our soldiers.
You are all missing the point. WHO DECIDES!?!
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote