Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 13:59   #41
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

I know a guy with seven Snickers, but he doesn't keep 'em in a bank.

Why would ANYbody want to "reasearch the patents held by black individuals"? That's just silly. How would you even do that? Are patents filed by race?

Last edited by gwalchmai; 02-08-2013 at 14:01..
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 14:07   #42
CourtCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
Um, Bren, I think the sticky says she's off limits...
Thanks, just shot Diet Coke through my nose.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
CourtCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 14:09   #43
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Well, since unemployment for blacks was that high before the last election, and around 95 per cent still voted for Obama, I'd say they don't really have much of a complaint.
Old 02-08-2013, 14:47   #44
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoppie50 View Post
If some of you would reasearch the patents held by black individuals some of your eyes would probably pop out of your heads for items that you use everyday. I know several blacks and one in particular with seven hundred grand in the bank and no it is not related to illegal drugs but it is related to working hard and saving and investing wisely. Some of these blacks I am referring to shop at Wal-Mart and you probably stand in line with them when and if you shop there so keep on making your assumptions and I can imagine some of them laugh when people assume they are on public assistance and asking for a hand out as some of the media and you suggest.

OF course we know about George Washington Carver, we are not as ignorant s you would like to believe. Quite in fact I have been working on an historical article about an escaped slave who was instrumental in the development of our community here on the west coast.

We do not fit your "stereotype", the folks here are just quoting the facts and the numbers as they stand. I don't recall anyone here saying that there re no successful blacks or anyone who resents them or would denigrate their success.

When you have such a strong pattern of behavior that is identified so obviously, to ignore it, would be racist in its own right.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:28   #45
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Yes. That's why the poverty level and median household income is so good in rural Mississippi (the most Whitest and Republican place on the planet).

As if white politicians aren't taking advantage of their white constituents ?? As if white people aren't unemployed ?? As if white voters haven't been voting 'all-white' since the founding framers.

Wake TFU and then Shut TFU and then fix your own racist political party.
Old 02-08-2013, 15:38   #46
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

So, Professor Carver's two dinner guests...Edward "Skippy" Williamson and Frederick "Jif" Armstrong - two white men - stole George Washington Carver's recipe for peanut butter, copyrighted it, and reaped untold fortunes from it. While Dr. Carver died penniless and insane, still trying to play a phonograph record with a peanut.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 15:48   #47
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Yes. That's why the poverty level and median household income is so good in rural Mississippi (the most Whitest and Republican place on the planet).

As if white politicians aren't taking advantage of their white constituents ?? As if white people aren't unemployed ?? As if white voters haven't been voting 'all-white' since the founding framers.

Wake TFU and then Shut TFU and then fix your own racist political party.
I think the issue is not one particular geographic area but rather the nation as a whole.

I think that if you look at the situation of the US as a whole, it becomes quite evident that the "bell curve" is not racist, it is a simple fact.

That said, individuals must be treated as individuals, not as a member of a group.

Last edited by czsmithGT; 02-08-2013 at 15:49..
czsmithGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:35   #48
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

If one watches Hannity tonight he will see and hear a brilliant pediatric neurosurgeon who happens to be a black gentleman of distinction.

Check it out.

Last edited by Skyhook; 02-08-2013 at 17:35..
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:41   #49
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
If one watches Hannity tonight he will see and hear a brilliant pediatric neurosurgeon who happens to be a black gentleman of distinction.

Check it out.
Thanks for the heads up, 'Hook -- I trust you're talking about Dr. Benjamin Carson.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:42   #50
czsmithGT

Quote:

Check it out.
Dr. Benjamin Carson
czsmithGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:57   #51
Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Thanks for the heads up, 'Hook -- I trust you're talking about Dr. Benjamin Carson.

Yes.
Old 02-08-2013, 17:58   #52
Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post

Thanks for the help!

Old 02-08-2013, 19:46   #53
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
I think the issue is not one particular geographic area but rather the nation as a whole.

I think that if you look at the situation of the US as a whole, it becomes quite evident that the "bell curve" is not racist, it is a simple fact.

That said, individuals must be treated as individuals, not as a member of a group.
'The nation as a whole' ??? Well, how about more non-blacks are below the poverty line than blacks? How about more non-blacks are on entitlements programs than blacks? How about more non-blacks who vote purely on party lines and/or color than blacks ??

I think that if you look at the mentality of GT as a whole, it becomes quite evident that the ulterior motive of this thread is quite racist. It is a simple fact.
Old 02-08-2013, 19:49   #54
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

dont blame obama, he used black folks because he knew how easy it was to get their votes....he didnt really have any intention of getting real job movement going for anybody let alone blacks.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:54   #55
JFrame

Quote:
'The nation as a whole' ??? Well, how about more non-blacks are below the poverty line than blacks? How about more non-blacks are on entitlements programs than blacks? How about more non-blacks who vote purely on party lines and/or color than blacks ??

I think that if you look at the mentality of GT as a whole, it becomes quite evident that the ulterior motive of this thread is quite racist. It is a simple fact.
Considering that African-Americans comprise somewhere between 10-13 percent of the total population -- one would HOPE that more non-blacks are on the poverty line, and more non-blacks are on entitlement programs.

--
Old 02-08-2013, 20:11   #56
countrygun

Quote:
How about more non-blacks are on entitlements programs than blacks? How about more non-blacks who vote purely on party lines and/or color than blacks ??

Put that in a percentage by race and get back to me.
Old 02-08-2013, 20:40   #57
snerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Put that in a percentage by race and get back to me.
I hear this crap at work....... more whites on welfare than blacks. Tell them as a percentage by race and they look at you like a deer in the headlights. Parrot a stupid dem talking point without even a clue as to math.

Last edited by snerd; 02-08-2013 at 20:41..
snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:48   #58
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
I hear this crap at work....... more whites on welfare than blacks. Tell them as a percentage by race and they look at you like a deer in the headlights. Parrot a stupid dem talking point without even a clue as to math.
Like the old riddle,

Why do the white horses in the circus eat twice as much as the black horses?"
Old 02-08-2013, 21:00   #59
JFrame

Quote:

Check it out.
'Hook -- just watched the Hannity segment, and had to thank you again for giving me the heads up that Dr. Carson would be on. Political Issues

What an absolutely amazing, articulate, charming, and profound gentleman is this Dr. Carson! I didn't think I could admire him any more than after seeing his speech, but he managed to turn that feat.

His upbringing and background should be an inspiration to us all. I love the fact that he mentioned that public feedback to his speech has been "99.5 percent" complimentary.

I really hope to see much more of him as a public figure.

--
Old 02-08-2013, 22:18   #60
Bigpoppie50

Bigpoppie50 is offline   Reply With Quote