Ruggles

AR15 Spring Kits In Stock

In stock as of right now

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/496...ProductDescrip

Can't hurt to have a few for 8 bucks
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 23:30   #2
WinterWizard

Thanks. Been looking for a spring kit for about a month. Ordered one.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 23:45   #3
Cole125
Silver Membership

DPMS parts? I'll pass, no way anything DPMS is going in or anywhere near my rifles.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 00:37   #4
TunaFisherman
Halibut Hunter

Like everyone else DPMS buys their springs. My uneducated guess is most xyz kits all come from one or two main suppliers. I have a few diff kits and springs all look the same
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46   #5
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaFisherman View Post
Like everyone else DPMS buys their springs. My uneducated guess is most xyz kits all come from one or two main suppliers.
That's seems to be the conventional wisdom. If you get a couple kits of different brands, you'll notice that the small package inside the display package, is basically the same from one brand to the other: especially the pins. I suspect that is how they are shipped to their perspective marketers.

DPMS parts installed on a Rock River Arms: BAD.

DPMS parts installed on a BCM: GOOD.

Bravo Company actually sells DPMS, RRA, and Stag parts kits.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:44   #6
ChallengerSRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
DPMS parts? I'll pass, no way anything DPMS is going in or anywhere near my rifles.
Mil spec is mil spec. If they're good enough to meet them, what's the big deal? I'd buy a kit, but then I'd have to buy an AR15 to put them in.
ChallengerSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:20   #7
Made in Austria

I have used several different parts kits. I didn't notice much of difference in the springs and pins. But I did notice big a difference between the trigger units, bolt catch assemblies, etc.

I think it is not true that most of the parts kits out there are made by the same manufacturer. There are just too many differences in the finish color and the texture of the finish/metal. Also, the molding injection metal cavities on trigger parts and bolt catch differ in size and sometimes are placed differently.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 02-06-2013 at 09:48..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59   #8
Ruggles

I really don't care who makes a repair kit springs. If one of my ARs goes down with a spring issue I would rather a spring of unknown quality than no spring at all. This is a "emergency" repair kit for me, not a build kit. It's $8 and in stock right now, in today's AR world what's to complain about with that
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47   #9
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

So true

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
P99er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:47   #10
Ruggles

Out of stock until June.
Old 02-06-2013, 19:34   #11
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

They do however have some buffers and springs in stock now.
Just snagged me a couple heavy buffers and carbine springs.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 19:39   #12
TunaFisherman
Halibut Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
I have used several different parts kits. I didn't notice much of difference in the springs and pins. But I did notice big a difference between the trigger units, bolt catch assemblies, etc.

I think it is not true that most of the parts kits out there are made by the same manufacturer. There are just too many differences in the finish color and the texture of the finish/metal. Also, the molding injection metal cavities on trigger parts and bolt catch differ in size and sometimes are placed differently.
I'm not talking about trigger kits or major parts. It just seems all my spring kits seem to be the same springs. I am not a fan their rifles, but their springs work just fine in my BCM rifles
Old 02-06-2013, 20:11   #13
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
They do however have some buffers and springs in stock now.
Just snagged me a couple heavy buffers and carbine springs.
Good score, I grabbed some of those a couple of weeks back as well. Heck I keep this up I will have enough spare parts for 3 times the numebr of ARs I have
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21   #14
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I really don't care who makes a repair kit springs. If one of my ARs goes down with a spring issue I would rather a spring of unknown quality than no spring at all. This is a "emergency" repair kit for me, not a build kit. It's $8 and in stock right now, in today's AR world what's to complain about with that
Don't try to argue with stupid people. It often leads to frustration.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33   #15
droptrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Why is that?
droptrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47   #16
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Exactly.

I have one of the DPMS ultimate repair kits (or whatever they are called) so that I have all of those parts 'just in case'.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 17:15   #17
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

I can't speak for the quality of DPMS rifles as I have never had one of them.
I can however state that some of the small steel parts I have purchased that were DPMS were just as good as anything else.

I highly doubt there are more than a handful of companies that make some of these small parts though. I would be shocked if just about all the springs on the market are not Wolff. I would be shocked if the DPMS buttstock parts I bought were not the very same parts that go into high dollar rifles. There really isn't many ways someone can screw up a steel part.

Even my buffer tube that is made by DSArms, is just about the same at the VLTOR tube since DSA makes them as well.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 18:31   #18
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Exactly.

I have one of the DPMS ultimate repair kits (or whatever they are called) so that I have all of those parts 'just in case'.
I just got one of those kits in the mail today from Midway, seem like a great little repair kit to have on hand. Also a Houge grip, Wilson 5.56 muzzle attachment and a DPMS A2 stock kits for my 6.8SPC AR arrived
Old 02-09-2013, 21:23   #19
humanguerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
Even my buffer tube that is made by DSArms, is just about the same at the VLTOR tube since DSA makes them as well.
And you might be wrong. I thought Vltor's 5 position tubes were 7075, the RE1 was impact extruded 7075-t6. I used one in a build and made sure back then. I notice now that Vltors site doesn't mention what they are made of nor the a5 tubes. Most DSAs are 6061, half as strong, milspec in size only.

http://beta.ar15.com/archive/topic.h...&f=12&t=518025

"DSArms makes buffer tubes in both 7075 and 6061 that said 95% of all our sales are 6061. As a matter of fact we don't even do runs for 7075 anymore no one wants to pay the extra for it. If you must have a 7075T6 call:
Colt or LMT those are the only 2 that I know that use 7075 Vltor does from time to time also. "

Last edited by humanguerrilla; 02-09-2013 at 21:24..
humanguerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 22:23   #20
tampashooters
Shellback

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptrd View Post
Why is that?
Ignore him.. he is trolling... They are fine to use.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

tampashooters is offline   Reply With Quote