Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:03   #101
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemax View Post
My last word since i started this. Honestly, there are a few things no one even thought to mention. The economy is not good. There are those out there that are not doing as good as the rest of us are. Many, through no fault of there own, have fallen upon hard times. I know a few. I'm talking about good, hard working people who have worked all of their lives and have rejected the hand out mindset. For them right now every penny counts. Some make decisions every day on either eating or taking care of medical needs they are neglecting just to survive, I am talking about real people with children and spouses that go to bed at night with the weight of the world on their shoulders. Don't dare to be an ***** and get your violins out. I am doing just fine. I am not talking about me. If you think it is a good conservative principal to jump on the "I got mine you should have prepped earlier bandwagon" I feel real sorry for you. If you are so numb not to be able to feel the pain of others, I even pity you. That is all i am saying. If we as a nation don't help each other and stop worrying what we can get for ourselves by making a buck, we will never survive. That is how gougers driving up prices hurts this country. They are only thinking about one thing. Their own selves. If you are wondering what I am doing about this, it is helping others prepare for what could be coming. People are scared if you haven't noticed. They are buying guns and ammo at an all time alarming rate. It is as plain as the nose on your face if you care to look at it. There is panic and people are having a hard time dealing with it. It is not just about you and your right to take advantage of a serious situation. If it is that important to you now to capitalize just because it is your right, you are free to do it. Just don't criticize me for pointing it out. The expected move is for those who don't want to look at what they do, is to call me a entitlement minded liberal democrat, or worse yet a communist as one person did. Please come up with a more challenging move than that. I have had that one played on me by other liberals many times before. i don't want to take your rights off of you at all. Just to cause us all to see that our rights should be secondary to our responsibility to care for one another even when we could have used our "what about me rights." Sorry if I offended anyone. I just wanted to raise a point and present another way to view things. I had the illusion that was what these forums were suppose to be all about. One more thing. The one who demands that everyone accepts "his" definition of gouging so he can feel good about himself, I say who died and made you god. Your world is not mine. I am done with this. so all the cowards can take your shots. YOU are the ones trying to deny others their !st amendment right to speak their mind. Right or wrong as you may see it.
I'd suggest that it is time to put all of your medications into a grocery bag and take them down to the pharmacist for an annual review. You may have some dangerous drug interactions happening.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04   #102
mustang6112
Watching

What about all those greedy gold "gougers" selling gold for more than they paid, er, I mean more than it's "worth".
And the stock market inverstors, uh, I mean "gougers", buying stocks cheap and then selling them when they are high, gouging the less furtunate out of their fare "share"...

"I’m a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf. The sheep hate the sheepdog. He looks like the wolf and has a capacity for violence.”
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07   #103
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Why weren't people complaining when AK mags were so cheap that dealers were having to sell them in 12 pack deals to make it worth the trouble of shipping and making much less profit? We should have been paying higher prices because it wasn't fair to the dealers.
Worst was - THIS WAS DURING THE FEDERAL BAN! I think I was paying $6 ea for Soviet-Bloc steel mags.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39   #104
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemax View Post
My last word since i started this.
I suppose your learning you use paragraphs would be too much to hope for.

Quote:
There are those out there that are not doing as good as the rest of us are. Many, through no fault of there own, have fallen upon hard times.
This has always, and will always be true. So what?
Quote:
For them right now every penny counts. Some make decisions every day on either eating or taking care of medical needs they are neglecting just to survive
In that case, they probably shouldn't be buying AR magazines.

Quote:
The one who demands that everyone accepts "his" definition of gouging so he can feel good about himself, I say who died and made you god. Your world is not mine.
You are wrong. There is only one world, the real world, and no matter how much you wish it was the way you think it should be, it's not. It's the way it is. The sooner you accept reality, the happier your life will be.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42   #105
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

It's based on what the market will pay. If I could sell the worn out keyboard I'm typing on for a thousand bucks, you can bet your ass I'd do it...
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51   #106
Disintegr8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
I suppose your learning you use paragraphs would be too much to hope for.

He has to pay someone every time he hits the enter key.
Bunch of damn leaches I tell you.
Old 02-07-2013, 13:34   #107
ashecht

Buddy of mine came back recently from a range I used to go to. Said they were charging $35/box for 9mm ammo. I would have told them to stick it where the sun don't shine
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
Old 02-07-2013, 13:49   #108
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23c View Post
wow, almost 5 pages on the term "gouging". is this the new "clips"?
It's the deadly new "Assault Gouge" It can go through a hundred one dollar bills in less than a minute.

Last edited by countrygun; 02-07-2013 at 13:50..
Old 02-07-2013, 13:51   #109
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
Buddy of mine came back recently from a range I used to go to. Said they were charging $35/box for 9mm ammo. I would have told them to stick it where the sun don't shine
Why??

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-07-2013, 13:58   #110
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
Is it mandatory for shooting at the range that you use ammo purchased from them?

If yes, that's gouging.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-07-2013, 14:34   #111
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Is it mandatory for shooting at the range that you use ammo purchased from them?

If yes, that's gouging.
Even still not gouging. Just a portion of the cost to shoot at the range. Kind of like movie concessions.

No such thing as gouging. Ever.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-07-2013 at 14:35..
Old 02-07-2013, 15:02   #112
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Even still not gouging. Just a portion of the cost to shoot at the range. Kind of like movie concessions.

Yes it is.

I suppose theres no such thing as greed to you either...

Theres somebody in my area that is selling 3 Promag Hi-point mags on a classifieds website. 14rdrs(45ACP).
She wants $125ea or 2 for $2xx or all 3 for $300.

Promag has them In Stock for $32.xx!

That sir, is price gouging.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571

Last edited by Slug71; 02-07-2013 at 15:06..
Old 02-07-2013, 15:05   #113
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

so confused, cannot decide whether to ridicule him based on:

not understanding capitalism

syntax, spelling and lack of paragraphs

his overall interwebz butthurt level

not knowing what gouging means

not understanding what the first amendment means

not understanding why it does not apply on a private "4-M"

hard to make the call folks.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:09   #114
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

What does the economy has to do with being able to buy AR/AK at cheap prices? Where does it say in the Constitution that you have the right to buy an AR for $600 and Pmags for $10?

If you can't afford it then you can't afford it.
You can buy a Turkish pump shotgun for $300 or a HiPoint for $150. Plenty enough for home defense or self defenses.

You should have the right to own evil black rifles. You don't have the right to be able to afford them.

Old 02-07-2013, 15:19   #115
LSUAdman
Pew Pew

The OP cannot seriously have owned a business. Please God, tell me that isnt possible. How can you work- supplying a service - and not understand that prices change due to factors you cannot control?

I remember a few years ago when oil prices spiked. It raised my costs on having products shipped by about 20% (freight, rail was cheaper but often still needed to be trucked to warehouses). Since this only had to do with tangible goods, we had to raise prices 20% to match our cost to ship - a business is not just going to eat that. Over the course of a year we were only 19-25% profitable - right where you want to be.

If my cost rises, so does what you pay - if you dont want to pay it, then that's your choice. . However, if there is no inventory, then you either have to wait or you pay a premium to have the item rush made and then shipped out. This isnt rocket surgery.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:36   #116
nmk

Is this real life?
Old 02-07-2013, 15:39   #117
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
Waitaminute. There's a list?
Holy Crapola!!! I'm a gonner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post

If yes, that's gouging.
Quote:

Hey RussP, I sort of fall into CFs court on this one. You don't have to go to that range to shoot. I get a little nervous when monopolies are in charge.

Right now, it's a sellers market because all the buyers are driving the price.

I'm glad my grandparents didn't sell their farm for what they paid for it!!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
Old 02-07-2013, 15:42   #118
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
Yes it is.

I suppose theres no such thing as greed to you either...

Theres somebody in my area that is selling 3 Promag Hi-point mags on a classifieds website. 14rdrs(45ACP).
She wants $125ea or 2 for $2xx or all 3 for $300.

Promag has them In Stock for $32.xx!

That sir, is price gouging.
No. It's fiction. Price gouging is a legal concept created by politicians pandering to the stupid it's not an economic concept.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:17   #119
exmdshooter
WWJMBD?

This has been an awesome read... five pages and the OP still doesn't have a clue how free markets work, despite many well worded posts from folks who do. It appears he feels "gouging" means charging more than he thinks something is worth... he must be the self-appointed czar of worthiness. The rest of us seem to get the notion that markets set prices. What one paid for something and when is irrelevent... the current "price" of an item is solely a function of what a willing buyer agrees to pay TODAY. That's how free markets work. Unless you're a communist or something...
and Black Rifle club member #423
Pennsylvania Glockers club member #107
Old 02-07-2013, 16:20   #120
exmdshooter
WWJMBD?

Quote:
No. It's fiction. Price gouging is a legal concept created by politicians pandering to the stupid it's not an economic concept.

GT needs a "like" button.

Actually, it's not a "legal" concept... it's a fiction created to appeal to the envious butthurt folks who feel entitled to buy things below market value when demand outstrips supply... for whatever reason.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:24   #121
exmdshooter
WWJMBD?

Oh, and here's a novel concept... if somebody's selling something and asking more (even a whole lot more) than you're willing to pay... DON'T BUY IT.

That way you can be an active participant in the free market system. No whining required.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:25   #122
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I wonder who would be stupid enough to buy Hi-Points and Hi-Points mags for some outrageous sums?
Old 02-07-2013, 16:37   #123
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmdshooter View Post
Oh, and here's a novel concept... if somebody's selling something and asking more (even a whole lot more) than you're willing to pay... DON'T BUY IT.

That way you can be an active participant in the free market system. No whining required.
Exactly what I do.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 02-07-2013, 16:38   #124
Slug71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I wonder who would be stupid enough to buy Hi-Points and Hi-Points mags for some outrageous sums?
Definitely not me.
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Old 02-07-2013, 17:28   #125
TX OMFS
Right wing nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
Is this real life?
Brilliant, succinct, and funny.

Tags
homosexual drama