Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:27   #1
njl

Orlando FL 2013 Photo & Debriefing Thread

Let us know how things are going / how things went.

The weather this year is much nicer than previous years. I remember having to bundle up and seeing outside temps of about 30F at 7am recent years. This year, it looks more like shorts, T-shirt, and sunscreen weather.
Old 02-09-2013, 13:21   #2
ave8er

It went very well for us. We were there shortly after 8am. We started shooting right at 9am and we were all the way done by shortly after 10am. Everyone was great. Thank you to everyone that worked to make it happen. My scores were better than last month but not great. I still need to slow down. In Am-Civ I shot a borrowed Glock 22 again and came in at 70.94 I had 2 D's and 12 C's I gave up a lot of time in penalties again. In competition I shot the same borrowed G-22 and I came in at 67,40 I had 3 D's and 9 C's I had one decent (for me) run on the plate rack 3.4! In Sub compact I did poorly. I was shooting a borrowed G-26 that I had never shot before and I could not hit anything with it. I came in at 89.81 with 8 D's and 6 C's. Another decent run on the plates of 3.98 but three 7.xx runs messed that up. The weather was awesome! Only got one pic. It is of my son at 5 to Glock

GSSF
ave8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 17:40   #3
SARDG

By the numbers:
570 registered/preregistered
425 shot today
Glock has 750,000 pistols on "order", and
1,000,000 mags on order
Glock Austria and USA running 24/7

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:08   #4
MisterB

I'll be there bright and early tomorrow to RO all day. So happy the weather is nice this weekend, the past two events at Orlando have beencold and windy all day.
Old 02-09-2013, 20:53   #5
ADulay

Send a message via Skype™ to ADulay
Yep, it seemed to run a bit smoother than last year's first day in Orlando for sure.

Very nice job by the local crew.

AD
ADulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 22:48   #6
cvoharley

Had a great time as always. Interesting few moments on the plates this afternoon when it sounded like someone was firing a G18. I. Was later told it was bad spring. Made for an interesting few minutes as we were trying to figure it out. RO's to the rescue.
cvoharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:12   #7
youngann
Pistol People

This match was a lot of fun - it's always so nice nice to see old friends and meet some new ones.

To the R/Os - everyone we worked with was great - thank you so much for volunteering your time. We couldn't shoot these matches without you.

Kudos to Mike for organizing a great (and smooth) match and, as always, a big thank you to Chris, Mark & Cindy for all their hard work.

Last edited by youngann; 02-10-2013 at 05:14..
youngann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01   #8
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvoharley View Post
Had a great time as always. Interesting few moments on the plates this afternoon when it sounded like someone was firing a G18. I. Was later told it was bad spring. Made for an interesting few minutes as we were trying to figure it out. RO's to the rescue.
Spoke with the Glock armorer about that gun. A sideways smashed FP safety spring from reassembly learned on YouTube. Never get Glock armorers started on YouTube...

Last edited by SARDG; 02-10-2013 at 06:03..
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:17   #9
unclebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Spoke with the Glock armorer about that gun. A sideways smashed FP safety spring from reassembly learned on YouTube. Never get Glock armorers started on YouTube...

Just because someone makes movies on You Tube does not mean they know what they are doing.
I like the one where he removes the trigger safety. Then drops the gun to prove that it is safe.
GSSF Life Member
Old 02-10-2013, 13:30   #10
Mrs Glockrunner

Bob and I arrived home at about noon today. We had a great time at the match, and it looks like we both did our personal best.

We did work the afternoon shift as RO's and that was great as well.

It's nice to see lots of old friends, and hopefully, make a few new ones. The match ran well, the weather was awesome, and we're looking forward to the next match on our list.

Thanks to the hard working GSSF crew!

Pat
Old 02-10-2013, 13:39   #11
willie_pete
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvoharley View Post

I waas in that bay running the other rack. Never seen so many red shirted guys show up so quick.

WP

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
willie_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:23   #12
njl

I snuck in about 20 minutes before registration closed today, and there was very little, if any, waiting at each stage by then.

I screwed up in Major Sub and left one plate standing again...but even with that, I had personal best times, so I'll have to wait and see if I made master or not.

I got to see and run a few rounds through a G30S. I'm probably going to get one...but was second guessing that on the drive home. If a G30S is a G36 upper on a G30SF lower, and I already have a G30SF, does it make more sense to buy a G36 and have the flexibility of shooting the G30, G36, or G30/36 hybrid that Glock now calls a G30S?
Old 02-10-2013, 16:32   #13
FLFireLT

I finally got to shoot my first gssf match today and was very impressed. It ran real smooth and everyone was a pleasure to be around. I look forward to many more and thanks Scott for the holsters and mag pouches, had been looking for them locally for a while!!!
Brian

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
FLFireLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 18:10   #14
knightgator

Good weather, smooth running, and close to home. Doesn't get any better than this one. Anyone have any idea of the final count?
knightgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 18:28   #15
njl

IIRC, 683 was the final count, beating last year by a couple of entries.
Old 02-10-2013, 19:15   #16
__jb

Had a fun time shooting today... Weather was superb... Match was well run with friendly RO's... Friendly Glock staff...

Shot a personal best for me... First time in double digits...

Always fun catching up with friends and meeting new ones... Hope to be back again next year!
Florida Glocker #153
Glock Certified Armorer
GSSF Member
__jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 21:26   #17
mr glock-fl

Hi Everyone,
The numbers are 683 which is up from last year.

I want to thank all the "GREAT" Rso's that worked so hard to make it smooth match. Some I used before and some new ones but on the whole it was smooth & quick with little more then 20-30 mins wait time.

We had set up 5 of each paper with short courses, locked up ring and paint Pepper poppers to make it easier to run and reset(poppers get heavy in big matches). The stages looked clean, open and not cluttered. Also the 4 plate racks from Glock keep it easy to get through. Look for more of the same and more next year.

Pat Elmore and I tried to make it fun and fast. I hope all enjoyed our ideas and the very hard work of my clubs members, our visiting volunteers and the Gssf staff's crew.

Thanks to All

Mike
mr glock-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 21:51   #18
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Mike, thanks to your team and GSSF's for another great match!
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:05   #19
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Quick shoot thur and worked 1/2 a day in the 5 to Glock Bays. Did well, and had fun.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37   #20
Steve79

Wife and I had a great time in Orlando. The ROs were very friendly and every stage ran like clockwork. Thank you to Mike and the ROs for a great match. Thank you GSSF for all your hard work.
Steve79 is offline   Reply With Quote