GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2013, 21:52   #261
brisk21

I love how this has turned into a Glock vs. 1911 thread. I also think its funny that people belittle Glocks on here and it is accepted, but if anyone says anthing negative about 1911s they are berated.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:17   #262
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
...I also think its funny that people belittle Glocks on here and it is accepted, but if anyone says anthing negative about 1911s they are berated.

That's becuause many of the 1911 fanboys here on GT are not real shooters. They like to sit around and choke each other's gopher by talking about pretty photos and engaging in "wiener measuring" contests by who has the most expensive 1911. Usually with 1911's the "inverse" principle is in play, i.e., the worst shots have the best guns. Sort of like the fat balding 60 yr. old who drives a Ferrari like a Dodge Dart, or the guy who drives the 70K SUV, has the fancy walnut range case with all the bells & whistles and then shoots a 12" group at 15 yds. with a Wilson.....slow fire. They then post on the Internet of how great it shoots. "best 4K I've ever spent!! Ragged hole at 2 yds!!"
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 22:23   #263
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, stick with your Glocks.

They're real simple for beginners.
Old 02-12-2013, 22:28   #264
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post
Not that it will matter at this point but you do know that Glock made the fastest machine pistol on the PLANET right???
So what? Have you ever shot a Glock 18? I have. first shot hit the others waisted. Fun yes. Practical no.

Have you notice that no government issue machine pistol?
Old 02-12-2013, 22:29   #265
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
That's becuause many of the 1911 fanboys here on GT are not real shooters. They like to sit around and choke each other's gopher by talking about pretty photos and engaging in "wiener measuring" contests by who has the most expensive 1911. Usually with 1911's the "inverse" principle is in play, i.e., the worst shots have the best guns. Sort of like the fat balding 60 yr. old who drives a Ferrari like a Dodge Dart, or the guy who drives the 70K SUV, has the fancy walnut range case with all the bells & whistles and then shoots a 12" group at 15 yds. with a Wilson.....slow fire. They then post on the Internet of how great it shoots. "best 4K I've ever spent!! Ragged hole at 2 yds!!"
Funny it's usually the Glockers who move the targets closer around here. I think Glokers like them because the polymer frame reminds them of the outer cover on the Pampers that they just out grew. I seriously heard a Glocker ragging on the Sigpro once because it was "Too hard to fieldstrip, you have to take a pin out" I can see why the 1911 terrifies them.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 23:06   #266
Wyoming

Quote:
Funny that you pick 60 year olds. I will be 60 in May so I will then qualify, Bring your Glock. We will will shoot steel target at 100 yards.

It can be done with a Glock if you know how to shoot. I taught my brother how to. He lives east of the Mississippi where they think that is a long ways.

BTW, it is a lot easier to do with a 1911.

A Glock is a great gun for the average person. Simple to learn and use. It is why police departments like it. Most cops are gun dumb in this country. This is not meant to be an insult. The Internet is full of videos of cops doing gun dumb stuff.

I have owned and shot 1911's for decades and a well made 1911 is for me an easy gun to shoot. Not many people can make that statement but there are a few here on Glock Talk that can.

Last edited by Wyoming; 02-12-2013 at 23:07..
Wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 23:28   #267
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:

Wow, could you possibly be any more clueless than you are.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 23:30   #268
caraker0341

The 1911 is for tinkerers and hobbyists who enjoy a plethora of parts to dick with and adjustments to be made.

Glock is for people who need their tools to work every time, no qestions asked.
Old 02-12-2013, 23:39   #269
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
And jealousy rears its ugly head.

You told us more about yourself in that post than you could ever imagine, and never used the word "I."
Old 02-13-2013, 00:05   #270
mongo356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
So what? Have you ever shot a Glock 18? I have. first shot hit the others waisted. Fun yes. Practical no.

Have you notice that no government issue machine pistol?
1- aren't you the lone ranger then shot a G18, oh boy thats special- had the opportunity a couple of times and passed didn't really care.

2- careful you sure? wouldn't it be useful say around a entry shield?

Last edited by mongo356; 02-13-2013 at 00:12..
mongo356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 00:10   #271
mongo356

Quote:
OUTSTANDING!!!! Sir I was thinking it but still trying to bite my tongue and not say it. Hey everyone look at what I have, it's a French model cause I paid out the nose for it. Congrats
Old 02-13-2013, 00:18   #272
Marshall Dillon
Make mine a 9mm

Send a message via AIM to Marshall Dillon
I own, shoot and enjoy guns from both camps and appreciate what they both contributed to the firearms community.

Last edited by Marshall Dillon; 02-13-2013 at 00:26..
Marshall Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 00:19   #273

For the ignorant;

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 00:21   #274
mongo356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
I have owned and shot 1911's for decades and a well made 1911 is for me an easy gun to shoot.
News flash- it's easier for anyone to shoot, that's part of the draw to it & why most people think 1911's (or any single action trigger pull) are so good.

The 1911 triggers are nice they will never be a Glock trigger, they weren't DESIGNED that way.
Old 02-13-2013, 00:26   #275
countrygun

Quote:

I am so impressed by the inroads Glock has made in centerfire bullseye matches, FYI that is a type of shooting where accuracy counts, you Glockers may never have heard of it.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:28   #276
TxGun

The 1911 secured it's place as a firearms icon many decades ago. The Glock has also become an iconic firearm...not nearly to the level of the 1911...but iconic nevertheless. Both do what they do extremely well. But the question was, "is Gaston Glock on the same level as John Browning?". And the answer is, overwhelmingly, "not even close".

Last edited by TxGun; 02-13-2013 at 02:34..
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:35   #277
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGun View Post
The 1911 has it's place well secured in history. The Glock has it's place also. Both do what they do extremely well. But the question was, "is Gaston Glock on the same level as John Browning?". And the answer is an overwhelmingly consistent "not even close".
There is their problem. You can almost argue Glock V 1911
but that wasn't the question. Browning's Shotguns, .22 rifles and pistols, lever action rifles, Squad machine gun, light machine gun and heavy machine gun are all better than the ones Glock designed......wait a minute....

Nah. In answer to the OP's question GG couldn't hold a candle to JMB
Old 02-13-2013, 04:34   #278
bac1023

Quote:
Once again, you bring nothing to the table other than a bunch of nonsense. You still have yet to give the examples I asked for after your last idiotic post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36   #279
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo356 View Post

The 1911 triggers are nice they will never be a Glock trigger, they weren't DESIGNED that way.
Thank God...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:57   #280
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraker0341 View Post
The 1911 is for tinkerers and hobbyists who enjoy a plethora of parts to dick with and adjustments to be made.
People who speak like this generally don't know a thing about the subject matter, which is certainly true in this case.