GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:08   #41
blk69stang

If you go for the Glock 20, check out the SF models. If you have anything smaller than giant Mongo-sized hands, the smaller grip will probably fit your hand better.

Hmm... why the Glock 20? It would be easier to list the reasons not to own one. I can think of only two reasons:

1) You don't reload AND you don't want to pay $0.75-$1.10 each time it goes bang with full-power ammo. Hand loading and/or deep pockets totally negate this issue.

2) You're a complete pansy who can't handle any amount of recoil more than a 9mm.

Seriously, just buy the darn thing and get it over with. I used to be a semi-auto pistol afficionado- they were all I bought. After I got my 20SF, I no longer have any desire to buy another semi-auto pistol anytime soon. It is just such a great piece that anything else would be a disappointment. I'm now getting into big-bore magnum revolvers because the 10mm has ignited my desire for even more horsepower in a handgun, and you can't really get a more powerful semi-auto without switching over to a finnicky gas system like the Desert Eagle. The only more powerful option that is reliable enough for my picky taste is the big-bore mangum revolver.

Glock 20SF - best all-around semi-auto pistol you can buy for any reasonable amount of money, IMHO.

Last edited by blk69stang; 02-10-2013 at 10:10..
blk69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24   #42
ArrizX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk69stang View Post
If you go for the Glock 20, check out the SF models. If you have anything smaller than giant Mongo-sized hands, the smaller grip will probably fit your hand better.

Hmm... why the Glock 20? It would be easier to list the reasons not to own one. I can think of only two reasons:

1) You don't reload AND you don't want to pay $0.75-$1.10 each time it goes bang with full-power ammo. Hand loading and/or deep pockets totally negate this issue.

2) You're a complete pansy who can't handle any amount of recoil more than a 9mm.

Seriously, just buy the darn thing and get it over with. I used to be a semi-auto pistol afficionado- they were all I bought. After I got my 20SF, I no longer have any desire to buy another semi-auto pistol anytime soon. It is just such a great piece that anything else would be a disappointment. I'm now getting into big-bore magnum revolvers because the 10mm has ignited my desire for even more horsepower in a handgun, and you can't really get a more powerful semi-auto without switching over to a finnicky gas system like the Desert Eagle. The only more powerful option that is reliable enough for my picky taste is the big-bore mangum revolver.

Glock 20SF - best all-around semi-auto pistol you can buy for any reasonable amount of money, IMHO.
Thats about the best advice ive heard all thread. Im going to to get it monday, ill buy the barrel tonight so I am ready. When I make the trade today I am going to offer cash in place of my glock 27 to see if he wants that instead so I might order two barrels. I really hate the 27 its uncomfortable to shoot so I want a ported barrel for it to see if that helps anything..

I would like to think I am not pansy enough to need the small frame they only had one and it was the full size ill check it out and see how it feels I guess is about all I can do.
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15   #43
rl356

The SF is still a full size pistol, the grip portion has just been slightly reduced. Makes the weapon fit in the hand better for those that do not have large hands. My model 20 is non SF, my model 21 is SF. I have no issues handling either one, but the SF does feel a bit better in the hand.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 15:29   #44
Lee-online
Mul-ti-pass

Caliber: 10mm Auto
Bullet Weight: 155 Grains
Bullet Style: Speer Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point
Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:

Muzzle Velocity: 1500 fps
Muzzle Energy: 775 ft. lbs

Or maybe......

Caliber: 10mm Auto
Bullet Weight: 220 Grains
Bullet Style: Hardcast Flat Nose
Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:

Muzzle Velocity: 1200 fps
Muzzle Energy: 703 ft. lbs

Nuff said.

—Thomas Jefferson
Lee-online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 16:22   #45
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl356 View Post
Novelty cartridge? It's not as popular as 9,40,45, but I wouldn't consider it "novelty" by any means. As previously stated, places that are sold out of 9,40,45 still have 10mm on the shelf.
It is a novelty, it's on the shelves in the few places that sell it because few people own a 10mm. From a self defense perspective what does it really offer that the .40 or .45 doesn't? From a purely hunting perspective, there are much better options than the 10mm.

I understand some like it because it kind of blurs the line between the two, as something you can carry on the streets or in the field. Again nothing the .40 or .45 can't do.
Old 02-10-2013, 17:10   #46
Omologato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
I understand some like it because it kind of blurs the line between the two, as something you can carry on the streets or in the field. Again nothing the .40 or .45 can't do.
Mind you, not a hot load .45 ACP
General Glocking

Rogue Nation

Last edited by Omologato; 02-10-2013 at 17:11..
Omologato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 17:22   #47
rl356

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
It is a novelty, it's on the shelves in the few places that sell it because few people own a 10mm. From a self defense perspective what does it really offer that the .40 or .45 doesn't? From a purely hunting perspective, there are much better options than the 10mm.

.40 and .45 are fine cartridges. There's no dispute on that. 10mm IS more powerful than both though. .40 came to be because 10mm auto was too much to handle for the FBI. Some off the shelf 10mm is just above .40 specs, so part of what you've said holds water. .40 is nowhere near traditional 10mm loadings however. .45 hits hard, but lacks the penetrating velocity for some applications.
rl356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 23:23   #48
GlockFanWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omologato View Post
Mind you, not a hot load .45 ACP
Wow... Nice graphic. I picked up a G20 last year, used at a gun show for $525. Came with 2 mags. First i had seen in this area in quite awhile.
GlockFanWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 23:26   #49
ArrizX

Went to the gun shop today over in Bellevue since I was in Issaquah picking up a PTR 91, and they didnt have a single glock.

Only one place anywhere near me has any glocks, and I am going to go next week and hope they still have the G20. I should have bought it when I saw it. Ah well.
Old 02-25-2013, 18:01   #50
mykylg30

checked today because i want one too. glock 20=540 in my town. just under 600 after tax though.
mykylg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 23:08   #51
ArrizX

Yeah my shop in town sold that 20 and now there are none to be had anywhere locally.

So I bought some 5.56 ammo instead

Pick one up whenever the next opportunity arises. Seems like a solid forum here.

Ill pick up a glock 27 aftermarket barrel and start shooting that and ill come back here and hang
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57   #52
Glocketarian

Picked this up last month..the recoil is damn near the same as my g19. What a gun.. If you have the chance to pick up a g20, do it. Best gun purchase you'll ever make.

Last edited by Glocketarian; 12-29-2013 at 06:12..
Glocketarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15   #53
djegators

I picked up a 20C last year in a trade, figured what the heck, why not. Didn't expect much, but dang, I'm in love! I already loved the 21, so this is the same frame and all....but it shoots a heck of a lot easier in my opinion. Even with some heavier loads, easy to shoot, accurate, and with some practice I know I will be able to shoot at distance as well.

SHOT 2013:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
djegators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 19:06   #54
gun1three

Talk you into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
OK I was pretty set on a Masterpiece arms 9mm. Till I discovered you could buy extended barrels for glocks.

Only buying this gun has a plinker/novelty. I really love the Glock 20, with the 6" stainless lone wolf barrel.

The problem is a Glock 20 is 650 dollars, plus the 130 dollar barrel, vs I found the MPA Mac for 425 dollars. I would be into it almost double at 800 dollars vs the Mac at 425 and not doing anything too it.

Talk me into it, tell me its worth the extra money.
Buy it, you want it.

Buck Ofama
gun1three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 19:18   #55
wdp

General Glocking

Just bought a G20 OD today. Will pick it it up next week. Whew!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:41   #56
DIESELDOG49

I just bought one in the classifieds on this site yesterday. In the end the fact that all I need is a barrel to shoot .40 made the decision for me, I may still build a rimfire glock down the road for fun but other than that this is the only handgun I plan on needing unless I come across a killer deal on a Dan Wesson 44 mag.
DIESELDOG49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:52   #57
Cwlongshot

I LOVE mine!!

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking

GREAT shooter at 2'' at 50 yards off a rest. I also first recommend the KKM6'' barrel.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:56   #58
Cwlongshot

Here is a couple more pics...

General Glocking

My holster with Jeff Quinn modeling. :

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking
General Glocking

Last edited by Cwlongshot; 02-27-2013 at 04:58..
Cwlongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05   #59
Glocketarian

What a nice set up you have there..why kkm 6" and not the glock 6"?
Glocketarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:38   #60
JabbaNoBother

G20 is def on my purchase list