SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 23:19   #226
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Let's not forget, chances are NOBODY knows where he is, which I think still gives him a huge advantage. Best case scenario he's cornered and either dead or easily caught. He could be anywhere from hiding in the mountains to broken into a random house, killed the homeowner (or hostage or whatever), and is hanging out there eating their food, using their heat, etc., until he's ready to strike again. Hopefully LAPD knows more specifics, and if they do, good on them for keeping tight lips. We just won't know until it all unfolds.

Hope this ends soon. I'm still praying for all of you out there.
Originally Posted by k9medic View Post
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13
Old 02-11-2013, 00:02   #227
CAcop

The whole confusion of some over the whole lying is a career ender in LE makes me realize how different we are from our neighbors. For some lying is part of the job, sales, politics, etc. For us lying puts you on the Brady List of your DA. In CA they are starting to share Brady Lists among the DA offices. They are even starting to put non LE on Brady Lists. Although non LE Brady Listers are ususally only there because they lied under oath not because they told their boss they were sick when they weren't.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 02-11-2013, 00:07   #228
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

The ability to lie and keep your job is interesting. Yes, politicians and businessmen do it all the time, and yet maintain their careers.

LE, just like scientists, are pretty much in a one strike you're out situation. Integrity is crucial to the job. Interesting. Not all fields have such high standards. But definitely true for LE and science.
Old 02-11-2013, 00:18   #229
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked. It has happened before.

We don't know the details (why he chose his exact victims, maybe they were asses and trash talked him, who knows?)

Either he dies in the mountains, by a bullet, or he has made it far away and will hide for a few years. Time will tell....the guy obviously has a lot of guts. (maybe not as much wisdom) (reporting his training officer was NOT a good choice, if he wanted an LE career)

(hiding is his best option at this point)

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 02-11-2013 at 00:21..
Old 02-11-2013, 00:36   #230
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked. It has happened before.

We don't know the details (why he chose his exact victims, maybe they were asses and trash talked him, who knows?)

Either he dies in the mountains, by a bullet, or he has made it far away and will hide for a few years. Time will tell....the guy obviously has a lot of guts. (maybe not as much wisdom) (reporting his training officer was NOT a good choice, if he wanted an LE career)

Whistleblower? More like throwing something out to try to save his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-11-2013, 00:56   #231
JuneyBooney

Quote:
The ability to lie and keep your job is interesting. Yes, politicians and businessmen do it all the time, and yet maintain their careers.

LE, just like scientists, are pretty much in a one strike you're out situation. Integrity is crucial to the job. Interesting. Not all fields have such high standards. But definitely true for LE and science.
That is not always correct. I have seen some cops lie and nothing happens to them. It all depends on press coverage. I say that everyone is a liar because people lie..that about covers it.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:25   #232
Detectorist

It seems to me that the longer he's out there, the harder it will be to find him.

I'm betting that some Huffington Post reader is helping him out, unfortunately.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00   #233
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
That is not always correct. I have seen some cops lie and nothing happens to them. It all depends on press coverage. I say that everyone is a liar because people lie..that about covers it.
Start a new thread on this if you are interested.
You'll find you don't know what you're talking about with the Cops. (Lies can be okay, or career ending).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:26   #234
Marlowe

Quote:

Admire him, do you?

Whistleblower? Nonsense. He made his complaint against his training officer AFTER receiving an unsatisfactory rating from her, and a couple weeks after the alleged incident. That's important, by the way: in LAPD, it's misconduct to delay reporting another officer's misconduct. The UNSAT rating was potentially job threatening. That's his motive for beefing his TO. No guts there. Self serving manipulation. Independent witnesses exonerated the accused officer.

Remember, he has appealed the case through the courts and lost at every stage. Wrongfully fired officers often sue to get their jobs back and win. He did not. That is a critical piece of information.

Guts? Sure, it took lots of guts to walk up on a young couple sitting in their parked car and shoot them to death. They didn't even know him, let alone were they "asses" who "trash talked him". So far, he has not targeted one person responsible for his losing the LAPD job. He has killed strangers. Innocents.

What next, praise for his marksmanship? Yeah, impressive, shooting into a car at close range and getting hits. Shooting a rifle into a police car at a stop light. Wow. Minute of Angle stuff right there.

He's deadly because he's homicidal and will sneak up and kill his victims. Courage doesn't enter into it.

It took guts to fire on unsuspecting police officers, killing one? Really? Threatening to murder the children of police officers is courage? Please tell me I misunderstood you on this point. I hope I have. If not, wow.

The funny part is this: if he'd posted his political views on this or other similar sites, you'd be tearing him apart. But, since he bashes an arm of the government, many here (and on some other gun forums) seem to have an admiration for him, even as they give a luke warm condemnation for his murderous acts. I have heard more moral outrage, here and on other forums, about the LAPD shooting in Torrance then Dorner's capitol crimes.

Sorry, but I really think you've been duped.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:25   #235
AA_Khost

Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
I like the mentality, but a local resident with (likely) just a handgun vs. a trained ex-mil ex cop probably won't end well.
I have a few friends up that way (Big Bear) that are retired Vietnam SF. Dorner better be on top of his game if he encounters them. Not to mention the people who live there year around are a breed apart.

Those in the public defending Dorner are just a big of a piece of **** as he is.

He wants to be famous,well soon LE is going to grant that wish!

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.- Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-11-2013, 04:56   #236
4949shooter

Axle broken at Big Bear...

He has been awfully quiet.

My guess is he is froze to tree like the character Hatchet Jack in the movie "Jeremiah Johnson."
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16   #237
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Marlowe, we have not formally met, but please allow me to introduce you to GNGs 2nd biggest Obama supporter and Commie in training - Louisville Glocker.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51   #238
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Nevermind

Last edited by wprebeck; 02-11-2013 at 07:20..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:52   #239
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked.....
I stopped reading after this, because the only place where you could have possibly read that was in his rambling manifesto.

Unless you'd like to post some hard evidence, which refutes the actual hard evidence which actually exists and disputes his word?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59   #240
Sharkey

I am still amazed that this guy s becoming the Robin Hood to fight da man. The comments I keep reading floor me. Just more hypocrite progressives supporting their own kind.

To stay on topic, I don't think the reward will do much. I think he is a loner. Famly won't turn him in. If he got out of the state and heads east, he'll be in the wind for awhile. Maybe he did freeze to death in Big Bear but I get the feeling he didn't. Hopefully I am wrong.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47   #241
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I am still amazed that this guy s becoming the Robin Hood to fight da man.
I'm not. More US citizens hate the US government than ever before. This guy declared war on a very public figure of said government; albiet, a local government department. He's really the only one running and gunning publicly, as so many wish to see. He's not their ideal idol, but they see the choice as support him or the current government.

Add to that he is African American, that alone will garner most of the African American support; see Obama elections.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:01   #242
Sharkey

Well you got a point there.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09   #243
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I'm not. More US citizens hate the US government than ever before. This guy declared war on a very public figure of said government; albiet, a local government department. He's really the only one running and gunning publicly, as so many wish to see. He's not their ideal idol, but they see the choice as support him or the current government.

Add to that he is African American, that alone will garner most of the African American support; see Obama elections.

Not sure where the confusion lies. The dude is an Oblamer supporter. Of Oblamer had a son...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23   #244
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post

My guess is he is froze to tree like the character Hatchet Jack in the movie "Jeremiah Johnson."
I figured that is why they scaled back their search. No point in looking when you won't find him until the snow melts.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33   #245
Tony641

Has anyone heard what they found when they searched his residence? I'm just currious if they found his firearms or if they were all gone. Did he take them all with him and hide them about preparing for whatever he plans on doing or does he just have the ones that he had with him. That might show what kind of plan and how far ahead he thought.
If this was already mentioned I appologize, I'm out in my car and cant sit at this spot long enough to read all the comments.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:30   #246
dbcooper

I can't imagine the guy not having another vehicle ready for when he dumped his truck. Keep your heads down folks.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:12   #247
vettely

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
I can't imagine the guy not having another vehicle ready for when he dumped his truck. Keep your heads down folks.
Truck was ditched due to mechanical failure. Something about a broken axel. At that point I think what little he had of a plan went south.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14   #248
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Yes. They also have a public safety committee of city counsel members that oversee the department. They also were under a federal consent decree and may still be under it.
The consent decree is over. Now we have other agencies under it, and even the State DOJ is getting into it with their own state consent decrees. Forgot which agency got unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapennypincher View Post
LAPD is offering a Cool Million Dollar Reward.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Seeking leads in a massive manhunt, Los Angeles authorities on Sunday offered a $1 million reward for information leading to the arrest of Christopher Dorner, the former police officer suspected in three killings.
Wonder how much is that going to be after CA's massive taxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
When Maurice Clemmons shot and killed four of Lakewood's best, the investigation quickly revealed that he was getting family support to the point he was being shuttled around and some treatment for his GSW. I put nothing past the idea that there may be some support out there not yet discovered.

There were people in the community at that time who were rooting for Clemmons to kill more cops, too.

There will always be the fringe for that sort of thing.
This guy, if he is as trained as everyone thinks he is, will have his logistics figured out. He won't think for a second he can do this while lugging his whole arms cache around by himself and still take on the LAPD and allied agencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
Has anyone posted this yet?
Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
http://m.now.msn.com/christopher-dor...get-on-us-soil
Scary thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixglocker View Post
Black Rambo.
He's no Rambo. Rambo fights hundreds out in the open. This guy is more like the sneaky Viet Cong that sneak attacks innocents and uses Hanoi Jane (MSM) for propaganda.

Quote:

You really have no clue... zero. Maybe even negative points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
What context are you talking about? You bet I lie to suspects all the time. How many undercover operations do you think will last more than a few minutes without cops being able to lie?

I won't lie under oath and in reports though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post

We can all hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
Sad statement to make, but I will not argue with you on race being a factor. However, the extent of it may be in dispute. Supporting Obama and supporting this guy is a little different.

Actually... I'm surprised Obama didn't tell everyone if he had an ex-cop/ex-Navy murderer son, he would look just like Charles Dorner.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27   #249
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettely View Post
Something about a broken axel.
Broken Axel huh

Cop Talk
Old 02-11-2013, 11:41   #250
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote: