Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 23:06   #221
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
I thought it was common knowledge that surplused DOD Predator drones are already operational. And Hogfire missile practice missions are operational in Nevada. Hypothetically speaking, that is.

Our agency starts armed drone overflight operations in April.
Haha.

Yea, right after you get suitcase nukes? Haha.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
Old 02-10-2013, 23:08   #222
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Speed View Post
Why did he need to get fired? Was there anything else in his LAPD career that they looked at other than the accusation that he came forward with as a reason for his dismissal?

We may not like his views (2nd Amendment, entertainment, political among them) but I don't believe he's unstable. He's just a man pushed to his limits. What you went through probably isn't the same as what he's gone through. The limit of abuse that you can take is different from his.

Everyone's limits are different.

I've gone to a couple of 2nd amendment rallies in the since January where we feel that there are people who want to take away our rights and the government talks of confiscation. I read several flags made by people who may feel their back are against the wall that read "Come and Take Them". I thought about what these people would do if they did come knocking at their door. How far would they go to get back or keep what's theirs? Would people call them unstable for doing what they needed to do to get back what's theirs?
Your post here disturbs me.

You kind of sound like you're one of the people who sees this guy as a revolutionary. Like he's just fighting a corrupt system.

He lost that defense when he murdered the innocent child of the guy who defended him, and her fiancé. He's not fighting the system. He's murdering innocent people.

You might be able to make that argument if this was a case of injustice and he was only targeting the people who brought that injustice against him.

That's not even close to what's happening here. Your "come and take it" analogy in this case is nothing but tin foil hat wearing hyperbole.

The only evidence I've seen that there was any injustice, is his word. The question should be asking, is why you feel you the need to take the word of someone who has spilled the blood of innocents over the documented evidence (from multiple independent sources) that this guy didn't get a raw deal.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 02-10-2013 at 23:10..
Old 02-10-2013, 23:09   #223
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Double post
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 02-10-2013 at 23:10..
Old 02-10-2013, 23:28   #224
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Haha.

Yea, right after you get suitcase nukes? Haha.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Old 02-11-2013, 00:15   #225
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by w01 View Post

On the other hand, one of the Big Bear residents was quoted as saying over morning coffee "no problem - I see him, I shoot him. We take care of ourselves up here"

Prayers & best wishes for safety of all involved
I like the mentality, but a local resident with (likely) just a handgun vs. a trained ex-mil ex cop probably won't end well.

Quote:
One other factoid - his burned out truck had a broken axle. Maybe that was a diversion, but I doubt he could have broken the axle on purpose - which means he would have had at least one major disruption of his plans. If that's how it went down, they might find him when the snow melts.
If the terrain is bad enough, wouldn't driving hard enough be able to do it? Seems if he really wanted to he could, especially if he knew it would be part of his plan on compromised the axle before hand. I don't know much about cars, and maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but it seems doable.

Quote:
This is not where I originally saw it, but this report from CBS news also reports the broken axle and some other information that suggests that maybe his plans were disrupted & he had to take off on foot. If he wasn't prepared to be on foot in the (apparently worse than usual) cold & snow, he may be done sooner rather than later.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ter-to-hunted/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
The contents of the burned truck could yield a lot of good info.

Unless he went to Ranger school or some other special training, most Military Officers are not well trained on the ground, they just have book smarts. Police training can be an aide, but not ever patrol officer knows about investigations.

He will need money and/or good friends to make it more than a month or two, unless he goes to Mexico and works for drug dealers...

While the situation is messed up, he will be more in survival mode than hunting mode. Thats a good thing.
Again, maybe I'm giving too much credit towards him, but this might just be another diversion, axle and all. Regarding not being prepared for the elements, with 5 years to plan, even self-training would be a major advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
I read that there were weapons found abandoned in the burned out vehicle along with cold weather camping gear.
This is the first I saw anything that made me think something didn't go as planned since he left weapons behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low_Speed View Post
I don't believe he's unstable. He's just a man pushed to his limits.
Let's not mistake unstable with insane. Insane would be if what he truly believed was wrong. I think he knows what he's doing is wrong but has even said it's a "necessary evil." Somebody pushed to their limits, at the most extreme, will generally kill whoever is directly involved, as may more people in the immediate area as they can, then confronted, kills themselves. This guy is driven on emotion and is unstable.
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13
Old 02-11-2013, 00:19   #226
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Let's not forget, chances are NOBODY knows where he is, which I think still gives him a huge advantage. Best case scenario he's cornered and either dead or easily caught. He could be anywhere from hiding in the mountains to broken into a random house, killed the homeowner (or hostage or whatever), and is hanging out there eating their food, using their heat, etc., until he's ready to strike again. Hopefully LAPD knows more specifics, and if they do, good on them for keeping tight lips. We just won't know until it all unfolds.

Hope this ends soon. I'm still praying for all of you out there.
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02   #227
CAcop

The whole confusion of some over the whole lying is a career ender in LE makes me realize how different we are from our neighbors. For some lying is part of the job, sales, politics, etc. For us lying puts you on the Brady List of your DA. In CA they are starting to share Brady Lists among the DA offices. They are even starting to put non LE on Brady Lists. Although non LE Brady Listers are ususally only there because they lied under oath not because they told their boss they were sick when they weren't.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 02-11-2013, 01:07   #228
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

The ability to lie and keep your job is interesting. Yes, politicians and businessmen do it all the time, and yet maintain their careers.

LE, just like scientists, are pretty much in a one strike you're out situation. Integrity is crucial to the job. Interesting. Not all fields have such high standards. But definitely true for LE and science.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18   #229
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked. It has happened before.

We don't know the details (why he chose his exact victims, maybe they were asses and trash talked him, who knows?)

Either he dies in the mountains, by a bullet, or he has made it far away and will hide for a few years. Time will tell....the guy obviously has a lot of guts. (maybe not as much wisdom) (reporting his training officer was NOT a good choice, if he wanted an LE career)

(hiding is his best option at this point)

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 02-11-2013 at 01:21..
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36   #230
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked. It has happened before.

We don't know the details (why he chose his exact victims, maybe they were asses and trash talked him, who knows?)

Either he dies in the mountains, by a bullet, or he has made it far away and will hide for a few years. Time will tell....the guy obviously has a lot of guts. (maybe not as much wisdom) (reporting his training officer was NOT a good choice, if he wanted an LE career)

Whistleblower? More like throwing something out to try to save his ass.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:56   #231
JuneyBooney

Quote:
The ability to lie and keep your job is interesting. Yes, politicians and businessmen do it all the time, and yet maintain their careers.

LE, just like scientists, are pretty much in a one strike you're out situation. Integrity is crucial to the job. Interesting. Not all fields have such high standards. But definitely true for LE and science.
That is not always correct. I have seen some cops lie and nothing happens to them. It all depends on press coverage. I say that everyone is a liar because people lie..that about covers it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:25   #232
Detectorist

It seems to me that the longer he's out there, the harder it will be to find him.

I'm betting that some Huffington Post reader is helping him out, unfortunately.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-11-2013, 03:00   #233
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
That is not always correct. I have seen some cops lie and nothing happens to them. It all depends on press coverage. I say that everyone is a liar because people lie..that about covers it.
Start a new thread on this if you are interested.
You'll find you don't know what you're talking about with the Cops. (Lies can be okay, or career ending).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:26   #234
Marlowe

Quote:

Admire him, do you?

Whistleblower? Nonsense. He made his complaint against his training officer AFTER receiving an unsatisfactory rating from her, and a couple weeks after the alleged incident. That's important, by the way: in LAPD, it's misconduct to delay reporting another officer's misconduct. The UNSAT rating was potentially job threatening. That's his motive for beefing his TO. No guts there. Self serving manipulation. Independent witnesses exonerated the accused officer.

Remember, he has appealed the case through the courts and lost at every stage. Wrongfully fired officers often sue to get their jobs back and win. He did not. That is a critical piece of information.

Guts? Sure, it took lots of guts to walk up on a young couple sitting in their parked car and shoot them to death. They didn't even know him, let alone were they "asses" who "trash talked him". So far, he has not targeted one person responsible for his losing the LAPD job. He has killed strangers. Innocents.

What next, praise for his marksmanship? Yeah, impressive, shooting into a car at close range and getting hits. Shooting a rifle into a police car at a stop light. Wow. Minute of Angle stuff right there.

He's deadly because he's homicidal and will sneak up and kill his victims. Courage doesn't enter into it.

It took guts to fire on unsuspecting police officers, killing one? Really? Threatening to murder the children of police officers is courage? Please tell me I misunderstood you on this point. I hope I have. If not, wow.

The funny part is this: if he'd posted his political views on this or other similar sites, you'd be tearing him apart. But, since he bashes an arm of the government, many here (and on some other gun forums) seem to have an admiration for him, even as they give a luke warm condemnation for his murderous acts. I have heard more moral outrage, here and on other forums, about the LAPD shooting in Torrance then Dorner's capitol crimes.

Sorry, but I really think you've been duped.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:25   #235
AA_Khost

Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
I like the mentality, but a local resident with (likely) just a handgun vs. a trained ex-mil ex cop probably won't end well.
I have a few friends up that way (Big Bear) that are retired Vietnam SF. Dorner better be on top of his game if he encounters them. Not to mention the people who live there year around are a breed apart.

Those in the public defending Dorner are just a big of a piece of **** as he is.

He wants to be famous,well soon LE is going to grant that wish!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:56   #236
4949shooter

Axle broken at Big Bear...

He has been awfully quiet.

My guess is he is froze to tree like the character Hatchet Jack in the movie "Jeremiah Johnson."
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16   #237
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Marlowe, we have not formally met, but please allow me to introduce you to GNGs 2nd biggest Obama supporter and Commie in training - Louisville Glocker.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51   #238
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Nevermind

Last edited by wprebeck; 02-11-2013 at 08:20..
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52   #239
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
From what I've read so far, he's basically a whistleblower who got railroaded, and cracked.....
I stopped reading after this, because the only place where you could have possibly read that was in his rambling manifesto.

Unless you'd like to post some hard evidence, which refutes the actual hard evidence which actually exists and disputes his word?

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

Old 02-11-2013, 08:59   #240
Sharkey

I am still amazed that this guy s becoming the Robin Hood to fight da man. The comments I keep reading floor me. Just more hypocrite progressives supporting their own kind.

To stay on topic, I don't think the reward will do much. I think he is a loner. Famly won't turn him in. If he got out of the state and heads east, he'll be in the wind for awhile. Maybe he did freeze to death in Big Bear but I get the feeling he didn't. Hopefully I am wrong.

Closed Thread