Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:23   #321
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDO View Post
I don't see how killing two cops is terrorism, it's definitely not right and this guy should get what he deserves but why isnt every gang in cal considered terrorists? I hate these double standards. Shouldn't every gang that kills an officer be considered terrorist? And have trigger happy police and drone operators after them? I honestly think they should.

And sending drones after him? I bet they don't do that after every fallen officer. Something tells me there's more to this and they want this guy dead to cover their asses I guarantee he won't be taken alive.
The tin foil is strong in this one.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50   #322
ClydeG19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
From a prosecutorial standpoint, it would be easier to prove the elements of terrorism in the Dorner case, simply because he overtly stated his intent with the Manifesto: He promised to use force and violence to effect political change. That gives the prosecution direct evidence of intent.
I move to change my statement. He stated in his writing that he was attempting to change the culture within the LAPD. I can't speak for CA (I didn't find any statutes for terrorism), but here in AZ that would meet the elements of the crime for terrorism. The US code seems to have some seemingly missing "or's" and I'm not sure what cases have been decided using the definition that would clarify what the court accepts.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:20   #323
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
I certainly hope you do. I have faith that you are one of the good guys. I'm sure that you are a good person and do your duty to the best of your ability.

It's discouraging to read what some officers have gone though with the politics of the job.

Hope you don't have to deal with that BS!

If I was an officer, I would want to work in a smaller department.

I can't imagine the politics that go on behind the scenes with the LAPD!

Politics can be worse at smaller departments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02   #324
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I do not remotely work in the judicial system, but,to ALL you LEO's out there. I'm sure you have heard it a hundred, if not a thousand times, but I am grateful for what you folks do everyday. I thank you as I would thank our service men and women, you guys are called to do no less than they. I have travel to many countries and I am proud to say that our LEO's are probably some of the most highly trained and professional men and women in the world. You guys will get that broke dick dog, rest assured, there is no doubt in my mind. Again, thank you for your service.
Thank you. I(we) appreciate your kind words.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07   #325
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I do not remotely work in the judicial system, but,to ALL you LEO's out there. I'm sure you have heard it a hundred, if not a thousand times, but I am grateful for what you folks do everyday. I thank you as I would thank our service men and women, you guys are called to do no less than they. I have travel to many countries and I am proud to say that our LEO's are probably some of the most highly trained and professional men and women in the world. You guys will get that broke dick dog, rest assured, there is no doubt in my mind. Again, thank you for your service.
Thanks man, I (we) appreciate the support.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09   #326
Southswede

Quote:
And shooting unarmed American servicemen and women killing 12 of them shouting "Allah Akhbar" isn't? And doesn't Al Qaeda portrays him as a hero?

You are a thinking person. Thinking people know what terrorism is.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17   #327
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
You sir, have pushed me to make caramel corn for the next round!
Oh say....I like caramel corn!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:22   #328
Southswede

Quote:
Stop serving the government and its corrupt politicians?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I thought I served the residents of my community?

Quote:
I certainly hope you do. I have faith that you are one of the good guys.
Quote:
You sound like a good guy. Like I said.

Interesting flip-flop Ryan.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:22   #329
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Forgive me but is he caught yet?

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32   #330
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Forgive me but is he caught yet?

Not yet. He hasn't even called charlie Sheen yet!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48   #331
RussP

Quote:
OK, so if this is domestic terrorism, then why isn't the Fort Hood shooting that happened a few years back domestic terrorism? That's something I don't understand....

Are they just throwing around the word terrorism now?
That is THE PROBLEM!!! That murderous act, had it occurred at a United States Embassy, would have been declared an act of terrorism (after a few days).

Understanding why it is not labeled terrorism, that's a very appropriate discussion topic for Political Issues, not for Cop Talk.

Thanks for pointing that out, JDO.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-12-2013, 08:01   #332
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
It really is domestic terrorism, an individual whose terrorist activities are directed at elements of our government or population without foreign direction.

In this case, personal revenge is the motivation according to what he wrote. Clear his name and the killing stops is the same as holding hostages wanting to exchange them for something or someone of value. Only the hostage is an element of the executive branch of the State of California, City of Los Angeles and related organizations and agencies.

I'm wondering, since he has been labeled a domestic terrorist would he be a legit target under the new ROE if a drone was able to find him? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it but it does raise some interesting questions.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12   #333
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
I'm wondering, since he has been labeled a domestic terrorist would he be a legit target under the new ROE if a drone was able to find him? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it but it does raise some interesting questions.
No, the published criteria would prohibit that.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42   #334
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
Media has what is call a style book, where you call things PC Names to make everyone feel good.

People who want abortion, or are for abortion are called Pro Choice, NOT NON PC Pro Abortion as an Abortion is a Choice.

To label this fellow, "a domestic terrorist" would not be PC, plus he is a minority, and being so deserves special privledges because I am sure some relative was in some time long ago wronged, or was an indentured servant or slave.

Last edited by akapennypincher; 02-12-2013 at 08:42..
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48   #335
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeG19 View Post
I can't agree that this is terrorism. It's threats, made to a specific group of people, some of which he made good on. There is no political, economic, or religious motivation behind his actions, just good, old fashioned revenge (albeit unjustified).

He seems to mention a lot of progressive heroes in his manifesto. He has set the cities on edge so yeah I can see how it could be domestic terrorism. Regardless if it is or not, a rabid dog needs to be put down.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48   #336
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapennypincher View Post
To label this fellow, "a domestic terrorist" would not be PC, plus he is a minority, and being so deserves special privledges because I am sure some relative was in some time long ago wronged, or was an indentured servant or slave.
Thank you so much for that input......
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53   #337
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
Thank you so much for that input......

Yes the input is real, the mail stream media do use style books to make everything PC, offending as few as possible, and not PC in my world, but I still like thing the way there were in the 1950's, and 1960's.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29   #338
lndshark

Quote:
Yes the input is real, the mail stream media do use style books to make everything PC, offending as few as possible, and not PC in my world, but I still like thing the way there were in the 1950's, and 1960's.
Oh. You mean when folks didn't discuss sensitive issues because they were "dirty?"

Old 02-12-2013, 11:39   #339
Low_Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
To some degree we will never know what set him off but I have seen people who were pushed and pushed and then they admitted to wanting to kill but never did it. Just wanting to kill does not mean "mental illness". It means that the person was "f'ed" with. He may have run out of money and that was the trigger to push him into despair. We also know that governments are not honest and they will not truly tell the truth in dealing with personnel matters regardless of the person's skin color. In some ways I think he is already dead and that he committed suicide but that is just from reviewing similar typed events. I just hope they find his body alive or dead soon.
Agreed!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44   #340
dbcooper

Quote:
Media has what is call a style book, where you call things PC Names to make everyone feel good.

People who want abortion, or are for abortion are called Pro Choice, NOT NON PC Pro Abortion as an Abortion is a Choice.

The press may not be, the LAPD on the other hand ...

This is an act, make no mistake about it, of domestic terrorism,” said LAPD Chief Charlie Beck, who said the bounty was the largest in the history of Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2KhwzuBxm

Closed Thread