GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 18:56   #401
Gombey
Senior Member
 
Gombey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,136
I hope they remove his chard remains from the ashes.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
----
If not me, then who?
Gombey is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 18:57   #402
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,491
Thanks guys for chiming in on that. According to the media the fire was started from inside and was not a tactic of the swat team. I am not surprised
__________________

Maine is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 19:06   #403
metal
Senior Member
 
metal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Not quite Detroit
Posts: 641
The Tin foil types are going to have a field day.
PS
I hope he's dead.
__________________
"You can't arrest me because ___________", hilarity ensues....
metal is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 19:30   #404
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
Am I the only one who heard on the San Bernardino County Sheriff Sysyem police scanner 2 officers talking and one said he "can see blood splatter and mattress against the wall" and the other officer said "ok were gonna burn it as planned". This was 15 mins before the media had any video or commentary on a fire. I also heard a woman dispatcher say "the furnace was in place at the front door"..
Be careful/certain what you're listening to, because reports from about an hour, 90 mins before you posted this were saying the police/sheriffs/LEO in the area were shutting down the informatio that scanners would pick up.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero

Last edited by WarCry; 02-12-2013 at 19:30..
WarCry is online now  
Old 02-12-2013, 19:46   #405
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,847


Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Be careful/certain what you're listening to, because reports from about an hour, 90 mins before you posted this were saying the police/sheriffs/LEO in the area were shutting down the informatio that scanners would pick up.
That's what I thought also. I thought communication was shut down well before the fire was reported.
ray9898 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 20:37   #406
ArcAngel
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 77
He had 5 years to prepare for this. Makes you wonder if they will pull his remains out or if they will bury him at sea, with no evidence of a body. Like Bin Laden. Just saying...
ArcAngel is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 20:46   #407
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,659
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
He had 5 years to prepare for this. Makes you wonder if they will pull his remains out or if they will bury him at sea, with no evidence of a body. Like Bin Laden. Just saying...
I believe his mother might have a say...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-12-2013 at 20:47..
RussP is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 21:09   #408
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
Hope they got him. It's a shame that another Officer fell at the hands of this clown
__________________
A broad brush paints a lousy picture, lacking the nuance and details of life's realities. As a young man my paints were black and white, with age came a palette holding many shades of gray.
dbcooper is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 21:17   #409
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,809
CNN is reporting that authorities are confirming the body of Dorner has been removed from the cabin.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is online now  
Old 02-12-2013, 21:21   #410
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Be careful/certain what you're listening to, because reports from about an hour, 90 mins before you posted this were saying the police/sheriffs/LEO in the area were shutting down the informatio that scanners would pick up.
While I agree to be careful, I'm certain what I heard was the San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. That was the last transmission before their channel was shut down. 15 mins later, after some media recaps the house was shown fully engulfed.
__________________

Maine is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 21:42   #411
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
While I agree to be careful, I'm certain what I heard was the San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. That was the last transmission before their channel was shut down. 15 mins later, after some media recaps the house was shown fully engulfed.
CS munitions are of two types. The heat-producing variety are called "burners" in some places.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 21:43   #412
w01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
CNN is reporting that authorities are confirming the body of Dorner has been removed from the cabin.
Also CBS & the AP. Reportedly, LA Mayor tells Telemundo "it's over". LAPD news conference scheduled for 11 EST.

Prayers for victims & families.

good riddance for pos perp
w01 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 21:50   #413
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
CS munitions are of two types. The heat-producing variety are called "burners" in some places.
Thank you, I was unaware of this fact. Maybe that was the gas I heard being discussed on the San Bernadino County channel after the Sheriff's scanner was turned out completely.
__________________

Maine is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 22:02   #414
Marlowe
Senior Member
 
Marlowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 297
Glad the ordeal is over. Sorry the cost was so high.
__________________
"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." President John F. Kennedy
Marlowe is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 22:02   #415
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up
 
txleapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 6,217
I posted this in the shootout thread, in regards to the fire, and believe it should be posted here for any of the conspiracy theorists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Legally speaking It doesn't really matter if the fire started because cops pumped CS canisters and flashbangs in the house, or if they doused it in gas and lit a match themselves.

He murdered at least 5 people. The cops had been in a sustained gunfight with him, he was reasonably believed to be in possession of a .50 cal rifle, and was a continuing threat.

Deadly force is deadly force. If its authorized, it doesn't matter if you use a hammer, a handgun, or a house fire.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919


"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 22:07   #416
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,809
LAPD is now saying no body has been recovered/identified at this point.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is online now  
Old 02-12-2013, 22:08   #417
Maine
Senior Member
 
Maine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
I posted this in the shootout thread, in regards to the fire, and believe it should be posted here for any of the conspiracy theorists...






Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I agree with you completely. I only posted about the fire to keep facts in the thread in a time of great media spin. I am not in the group of tinfoil and or theories.
__________________

Maine is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 22:26   #418
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
Sam Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
LAPD is now saying no body has been recovered/identified at this point.
Recovered, yes. Identified, no.

That's what I got.
__________________
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 22:41   #419
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
The Tin foil types are going to have a field day.
PS
I hope he's dead.
If the guy was as slick as reported he may not be dead. He may come back like a zombie..just like the movies. e really won't know for at least a week.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 23:15   #420
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 46,147
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
If the guy was as slick as reported he may not be dead. He may come back like a zombie..just like the movies. e really won't know for at least a week.
Who reported how slick he was? Oh, that's right, he did.


Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:52.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,325
391 Members
934 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31