Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 18:56   #401
Gombey

I hope they remove his chard remains from the ashes.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-12-2013, 18:57   #402
Maine

Thanks guys for chiming in on that. According to the media the fire was started from inside and was not a tactic of the swat team. I am not surprised

Old 02-12-2013, 19:06   #403
metal

The Tin foil types are going to have a field day.
PS
I hope he's dead.
Old 02-12-2013, 19:30   #404
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
Am I the only one who heard on the San Bernardino County Sheriff Sysyem police scanner 2 officers talking and one said he "can see blood splatter and mattress against the wall" and the other officer said "ok were gonna burn it as planned". This was 15 mins before the media had any video or commentary on a fire. I also heard a woman dispatcher say "the furnace was in place at the front door"..
Be careful/certain what you're listening to, because reports from about an hour, 90 mins before you posted this were saying the police/sheriffs/LEO in the area were shutting down the informatio that scanners would pick up.

Last edited by WarCry; 02-12-2013 at 19:30..
Old 02-12-2013, 19:46   #405
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Be careful/certain what you're listening to, because reports from about an hour, 90 mins before you posted this were saying the police/sheriffs/LEO in the area were shutting down the informatio that scanners would pick up.
That's what I thought also. I thought communication was shut down well before the fire was reported.
Old 02-12-2013, 20:37   #406
ArcAngel

He had 5 years to prepare for this. Makes you wonder if they will pull his remains out or if they will bury him at sea, with no evidence of a body. Like Bin Laden. Just saying...
Old 02-12-2013, 20:46   #407
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
He had 5 years to prepare for this. Makes you wonder if they will pull his remains out or if they will bury him at sea, with no evidence of a body. Like Bin Laden. Just saying...
I believe his mother might have a say...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-12-2013 at 20:47..
Old 02-12-2013, 21:09   #408
dbcooper

Hope they got him. It's a shame that another Officer fell at the hands of this clown
Old 02-12-2013, 21:17   #409
WarCry

CNN is reporting that authorities are confirming the body of Dorner has been removed from the cabin.
Old 02-12-2013, 21:21   #410
Maine

Quote:
While I agree to be careful, I'm certain what I heard was the San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. That was the last transmission before their channel was shut down. 15 mins later, after some media recaps the house was shown fully engulfed.

Old 02-12-2013, 21:42   #411
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine View Post
While I agree to be careful, I'm certain what I heard was the San Bernadino Sheriff's Dept. That was the last transmission before their channel was shut down. 15 mins later, after some media recaps the house was shown fully engulfed.
CS munitions are of two types. The heat-producing variety are called "burners" in some places.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 02-12-2013, 21:43   #412
w01

Quote:
CNN is reporting that authorities are confirming the body of Dorner has been removed from the cabin.
Also CBS & the AP. Reportedly, LA Mayor tells Telemundo "it's over". LAPD news conference scheduled for 11 EST.

Prayers for victims & families.

good riddance for pos perp
Old 02-12-2013, 21:50   #413
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
CS munitions are of two types. The heat-producing variety are called "burners" in some places.
Thank you, I was unaware of this fact. Maybe that was the gas I heard being discussed on the San Bernadino County channel after the Sheriff's scanner was turned out completely.

Old 02-12-2013, 22:02   #414
Marlowe

Glad the ordeal is over. Sorry the cost was so high.
Old 02-12-2013, 22:02   #415
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

I posted this in the shootout thread, in regards to the fire, and believe it should be posted here for any of the conspiracy theorists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
Legally speaking It doesn't really matter if the fire started because cops pumped CS canisters and flashbangs in the house, or if they doused it in gas and lit a match themselves.

He murdered at least 5 people. The cops had been in a sustained gunfight with him, he was reasonably believed to be in possession of a .50 cal rifle, and was a continuing threat.

Deadly force is deadly force. If its authorized, it doesn't matter if you use a hammer, a handgun, or a house fire.

1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
Old 02-12-2013, 22:07   #416
WarCry

LAPD is now saying no body has been recovered/identified at this point.
Old 02-12-2013, 22:08   #417
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
I posted this in the shootout thread, in regards to the fire, and believe it should be posted here for any of the conspiracy theorists...

I agree with you completely. I only posted about the fire to keep facts in the thread in a time of great media spin. I am not in the group of tinfoil and or theories.

Old 02-12-2013, 22:26   #418
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
LAPD is now saying no body has been recovered/identified at this point.
Recovered, yes. Identified, no.

That's what I got.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 02-12-2013, 22:41   #419
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
The Tin foil types are going to have a field day.
PS
I hope he's dead.
If the guy was as slick as reported he may not be dead. He may come back like a zombie..just like the movies. e really won't know for at least a week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
Old 02-12-2013, 23:15   #420
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
If the guy was as slick as reported he may not be dead. He may come back like a zombie..just like the movies. e really won't know for at least a week.
Who reported how slick he was? Oh, that's right, he did.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?

Closed Thread