"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 22:22   #2
Glock36shooter

It all makes sense now!!!!!!!!

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54   #3
fowl intent

Eureka !!!!!
fowl intent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59   #4
b_oglethorpe

That was a great laugh. Good post. That holds exactly as much weight as the bible, to me.

Bros before hoes. I love it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
b_oglethorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01   #5
JBnTX
JB in Tx

I would just love to be a fly on the wall when some people stand before God and explain their lives.
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15   #6
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
I would just love to be a fly on the wall when some people stand before God and explain their lives.
There is no Santa Clause to make the naughty and nice lists.

Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34   #7
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post

There is no Santa Clause to make the naughty and nice lists.
Are you absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt certain about that?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42   #8
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:

Old 02-08-2013, 10:51   #9
hooligan74

Quote:

C'mon, JB, you don't think your God has a sense of humor?
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:29   #10
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I'm certain your God doesn't exist because the bible is so completely full of crap that it can easily be discounted.

Who know's if there is some kind of being out there that would fit the description of a God or Creator. I don't need to know that information to know yours is man made.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31   #11
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Ok, that's funny. Great buildup and delivery of the punch line.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40   #12
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post

C'mon, JB, you don't think your God has a sense of humor?
For the sake of some of the posters here, I certainly hope so.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54   #13
hooligan74

Here's an interesting (to me, at least) topic of discussion: If a non-believer lives what would be considered a "righteous" life, do you believe God would deny him from the kingdom of Heaven? How much does belief matter? Isn't the result more important than the motivation?

I'd be interested to hear from the religious folks here on that. Should I start a thread?
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27   #14
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Here's an interesting (to me, at least) topic of discussion: If a non-believer lives what would be considered a "righteous" life, do you believe God would deny him from the kingdom of Heaven? How much does belief matter? Isn't the result more important than the motivation?

I'd be interested to hear from the religious folks here on that. Should I start a thread?
That's a whole other thread but knowing the bible the way I do, it would be a rejection of God that would land you in Hell in your scenario. You may have lived a perfect life... but you still sinned in that you never accepted God or his sacrifice for your sins. And without grace you're screwed because everyone violates at least one of those stupid rules. The standard is that only Christ could live a perfect life.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32   #15
Sharkey

God has always communicated with us. Some just don't listen.
Old 02-08-2013, 14:37   #16
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:

... If a non-believer lives what would be considered a "righteous" life, do you believe God would deny him from the kingdom of Heaven? How much does belief matter? Isn't the result more important than the motivation?...
Define a "righteous" life?

Last edited by JBnTX; 02-08-2013 at 14:40..
Old 02-08-2013, 14:45   #17
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
As a recovering christian I'd like to address this.

G36 touched on the answer, but the core of it is that in the christian worldview everyone is considered to be inherently unworthy of salvation. It doesn't matter if your only sin was once telling a minor lie to someone you don't like just so you wouldn't have to talk to them (and you lead a perfect life otherwise). Even that one minor sin would make you unacceptable to god. Since everyone has done something at some point that they aren't proud of then nobody can get there on their own.

This is where the idea of grace comes (and also the core dysfunction of the whole belief system). The christian worldview teaches that we are all somehow broken (or fallen) from god's intended state of being for us and we can never earn our way back. That is supposedly why jesus had to be a blood sacrifice for us and that we have to choose to accept it and god's gift of grace (forgiveness) in order to be saved. That puts belief and repentance as the only path to heaven.

Imagine growing up being told that you are inherently a "sinner" and "fallen". It's a significantly damaging mind game on the young people growing up under the worldview.

Last edited by Geko45; 02-08-2013 at 14:49..
Old 02-08-2013, 14:49   #18
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
As a recovering christian I'd like to address this. G36 touched on the answer, but the core of it is that in the christian worldview every is considered to be inherently unworthy of salvation. It doesn't matter if your only sin was once telling a minor lie to someone just so you wouldn't have to talk to them and otherwise you lead a perfect life. Even that one minor sin would make you unacceptable to god as a sinner. Since everyone has done something at some point that they aren't proud of then nobody can get there on their own.

This is where the idea of grace comes (and also the core dysfunction of the whole belief system). The christian worldview teaches that we are all somehow broken (or fallen) from god's intended state for us and we can never earn are way back. That is supposedly why jesus had to be a blood sacrifice for us and that we have to accept it and god's gift of grace (forgiveness). That puts belief and repentance as the only path to heaven.

Imagine growing up being told that you are inherently evil, it's a significantnly damaging mind game on the young people growing up under the worldview.
Indeed. We also carry the original sin in Eden. That is what makes us unclean and unworthy.

At it's core mankind is considered wicked and broken and in need of Daddy (God) to make us right.

It's a pant load... I know.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 02-08-2013, 16:28   #19
muscogee

Quote:

In the parable of the two brothers one said he wouldn't do the will of the father but did while the other said he would but didn't. Jesus asks, "Which one did the will of the father?" The implication is that actually leading a righteous life is preferable to saying you're going to lead a righteous life and then not doing it. Of course, each religious franchise says you have to agree with them to lead a righteous life. Catch 22.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:39   #20
High-Gear

Quote:
Come on JB, that was funny and if there is a god he's laughing. i'm sure god has a sense of humor...he gave us you and snowbird didn't he?

Last edited by High-Gear; 02-08-2013 at 19:40..
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote