Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 11:07   #41
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post

Sure they are 'on edge, who can blame them, but shooting newspaper delivery women?

Just to be clear: two petite HISPANIC delivery women. The murderer is a 270 lb, 6'5" African American man. They shot the HISPANIC women driving a blue Toyota Tacoma and the African American murderer is driving a grey Nissan Titan.
Looks like the LAPD cops are not only color blind but also equal opportunity shooters.

Last edited by Zombie Surgeon; 02-09-2013 at 11:21..
Old 02-09-2013, 11:09   #42
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
I hope they sue the living crap out of the LAPD.
They lawyer-ed up since yesterday.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:11   #43
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck TX View Post
CHA-Ching!

Somebody is about to come in to some new found wealth.

Paid in part by my tax dollars, since I am a resident of Los Angeles.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:22   #44
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock39 View Post
I'm not either defending or blaming the cops on this one (at least until more facts come out). But the Rule of Law should equally to everyone.

If the cops screwed up, they should face the exact same criminal charges that a private citizen would. Maybe even a bit harsher, as they are supposed to have had more training to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

If there were extenuating circumstances, then the same benefit of the doubt needs to be applied to all civilian self-defense shootings as well.
I agree that the police when involved in a shooting like this should face the same process as a non-police in a shooting, sadly we all know that they will not. All you need to do is read any cop form and there is a very well defined line for us versus them. I have for years worked with police trainers from several countries and most of them are friends and I respect them but they belong to an exclusive club for police only.

Why so serious

If you donít have any horses you must saddle your dogs - Dr. Saad
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41   #45
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
Just to be clear: two petite HISPANIC delivery women. The murderer is a 270 lb, 6'5" African American man. They shot the HISPANIC women driving a blue Toyota Tacoma and the African American murderer is driving a grey Nissan Titan.
Looks like the LAPD cops are not only color blind but also equal opportunity shooters.
The initial reports were of a blue truck.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:56   #46
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
It doesn't matter if the cops were right or wrong in their read of things. It matters if they were reasonable.

I can't find any reasonableness here. The use of deadly force is generally in immediate defense of life. The shooter has to be able to articulate that the shootee had the means, opportunity and intent to cause death or serious injury to an innocent. I can't see where any of those factors can be articulated here.
In would agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear62 View Post
Can't find where they were illegal aliens (respectfully) can you give us a link??
Honestly Bear , I heard it from one of the horses mouth. I do not have a link to it but its very probable, especially in this city.
I'm sure those officers were giving multiple commands for that blue truck to stop which led to this event. I personally think it was excessive because you known if they were after a normal suspect of even a serial killer of some sort this would less likely to have happened. Replace a regular suspect with one that killed several police officers, then low and behold emotions run high. Apparently to most police, the lives of their "own" is far mor important.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15   #47
bear62

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4414028.story

Interesting picture here ........ The truck is definitely blue (not grey) and LOTS of bullet holes in the rear of the truck...... Don't know if they were shooting at the truck as it approached them or not... Would be interesting to see the front of the pickup.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:50   #48
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear62 View Post
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4414028.story

Interesting picture here ........ The truck is definitely blue (not grey) and LOTS of bullet holes in the rear of the truck...... Don't know if they were shooting at the truck as it approached them or not... Would be interesting to see the front of the pickup.
Here...
Attached Thumbnails
Political Issues - Click for larger version   Political Issues - Click for larger version  

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-09-2013, 12:52   #49
RussP

Maybe officers thought he was in the extended cab part of the truck...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 02-09-2013, 13:07   #50
marchboom

Make sure you have ALL the facts before making ANY statement about guilt.

You weren't there. You have no idea about what REALLY happened.

The officers might be wrong but let the investigation bring that out.
The obama administration and the democrat party...the ultimate in domestic corruption and dedicated to the destruction of the United States.
Old 02-09-2013, 14:46   #51
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchboom View Post
Make sure you have ALL the facts before making ANY statement about guilt.

You weren't there. You have no idea about what REALLY happened.

The officers might be wrong but let the investigation bring that out.
We don't need ALL the facts. We aren't on a jury. We are just judging the story as it is presented to us.

That's what we do on the internet, or at the water cooler at work, or at the local gas station, and there is nothing wrong with it. If we waited for all the facts, we'd have nothing to talk about

Old 02-09-2013, 14:51   #52
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
I'm not either defending or blaming the cops on this one (at least until more facts come out). But the Rule of Law should be applied equally to everyone.

If the cops screwed up, they should face the exact same criminal charges that a private citizen would. Maybe even a bit harsher, as they are supposed to have had more training to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

If there were extenuating circumstances, then the same benefit of the doubt needs to be applied to all civilian self-defense shootings as well.
Disagree. The rule of law should be applied to the individual circumstances and the specific situation. One-size-fits-all justice is not just.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 02-09-2013, 15:33   #53
glock39

Quote:
Disagree. The rule of law should be applied to the individual circumstances and the specific situation. One-size-fits-all justice is not just.
OK, you lost me. How is it one-size-fits-all if the cops are judged by the exact same standards that a private citizen would be under the exact same circumstances?

If a private citizen, under those circumstances, would not have been justified in firing a weapon, then why were the cops justified in firing?

If the officers believed that it was necessary to fire in order to protect innocent life (and preventing what they thought was a mass murderer from escaping might arguably fall under that category), then why should a private citizen be prosecuted for making the exact same decision under those circumstances?

I thought Rule of Law meant everybody lives under the same laws. Not one set of rules if you're employed by the government and a different set of rules for everyone else. If, hypothetically, a CHL holder was standing next to the cops and also fired at the vehicle, should the private citizen go to jail, while the officers walk away with no consequences?
Old 02-09-2013, 16:40   #54
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:

I thought Rule of Law meant everybody lives under the same laws. Not one set of rules if you're employed by the government and a different set of rules for everyone else. If, hypothetically, a CHL holder was standing next to the cops and also fired at the vehicle, should the private citizen go to jail, while the officers walk away with no consequences?
Ever hear of David Gregory?

Guess we live not under the rule of law, but instead under the rule of selective enforcement.

As long as we generally agree with the selection choices, no problem

Old 02-10-2013, 09:48   #55
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
So are the police exempt from the laws we the surfs must adhere to? This would explain why it seems like the general public need to be cautious around the LEO types now.

Why so serious

Old 02-10-2013, 10:13   #56
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
OK, you lost me. How is it one-size-fits-all if the cops are judged by the exact same standards that a private citizen would be under the exact same circumstances?

If a private citizen, under those circumstances, would not have been justified in firing a weapon, then why were the cops justified in firing?

If the officers believed that it was necessary to fire in order to protect innocent life (and preventing what they thought was a mass murderer from escaping might arguably fall under that category), then why should a private citizen be prosecuted for making the exact same decision under those circumstances?

And yet your previous post also calls for harsher penalties for cops, which is the very definition of a double standard. I think you need to come to terms with your own thoughts on this before you engage in debate.

Then, find me Joe Citizen with the exact same situation, and we'll be able to discuss.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18   #57
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mad Dawg View Post
So are the police exempt from the laws we the surfs must adhere to? This would explain why it seems like the general public need to be cautious around the LEO types now.
I'm exempt from a number of laws that are applicable to you. I'm also subject to laws that you aren't. Go figure.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33   #58
Black Smoke Trail

Old 02-10-2013, 11:01   #59
Big Mad Dawg

Quote:
I'm exempt from a number of laws that are applicable to you. I'm also subject to laws that you aren't. Go figure.
Like LEO get a freebie if you make a mistake or two? Kick in the wrong door no big deal, shoot up the wrong car not a problem just another day at the office. I know you get protection from your actions you shouldnít but you do.

Why so serious

Old 02-10-2013, 11:23   #60
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mad Dawg View Post
Like LEO get a freebie if you make a mistake or two? Kick in the wrong door no big deal, shoot up the wrong car not a problem just another day at the office. I know you get protection from your actions you shouldnít but you do.
You don't know what you're talking about. You don't even know what you don't know.

Meanwhile, back on topic...

Closed Thread