SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:08   #1
DOC44

Kentucky gun-control law proposed by group of liberal lawmakers

The measure, among other things, would repeal a controversial state law that bars local governments from regulating guns. It also would prohibit guns on college campuses and require background checks for private gun sales to close the so-called "gun-show loophole."

snip...

another bill:
Senate Bill 92, sponsored by Sen. Jared Carpenter, R-Berea, which would limit the enforceability of federal firearms laws within the boundaries of Kentucky.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/07/2...s-propose.html

Lliberals in KY .... sounds like they must have moved in from somewhere.

Doc44
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18   #2
ithaca_deerslayer

There was someone from KY in a NY thread a couple weeks ago saying the anti-gun laws will never reach KY.

I hope you guys don't give in 1 inch to the gun grabbers.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:05   #3
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post

The measure, among other things, would repeal a controversial state law that bars local governments from regulating guns. It also would prohibit guns on college campuses and require background checks for private gun sales to close the so-called "gun-show loophole."

snip...

another bill:
Senate Bill 92, sponsored by Sen. Jared Carpenter, R-Berea, which would limit the enforceability of federal firearms laws within the boundaries of Kentucky.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/07/2...s-propose.html

Lliberals in KY .... sounds like they must have moved in from somewhere.

Doc44
We had 4 counties, of 120, that voted for Obama. 1 of those has voted straight democrat since the civil war (I think they actually have some kind of national record) and may not have known who they were voting for. These liberals all came from 2 of those counties and live in our 2 largest cities. Their bill has no chance in Kentucky.
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:06   #4
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
There was someone from KY in a NY thread a couple weeks ago saying the anti-gun laws will never reach KY.

There is more chance of California passing a shall issue CCW that allows carry on school property than this passing in KY. The sponsors are about 90% of the people who might actually vote for it. It looks like they have 9 co-sponsors in the house (all but 1 from Lexington and Louisville) and 1 sponsor in the Senate - Kathy Stein will be lucky to even get one co-sponsor.

The only anti-gun thing I see that could possibly get any votes is a bill to require the state police to give "assault weapons" to other police agencies or destroy them, instead of auctioning them to the public (they are currently required to sell all confiscated guns, from every Kentucky police department, at auction). It is sponsored by the same groupo of Louisville left-wingers.

I'll add that, under the state constiotution, 1:
Quote:
All men are, by nature, free and equal, and have certain inherent and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned:

Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.
So I would say that a law preventing the ownership or possession of an "assault weapon" is beyond the power of the Kentucky legislature.

Last edited by Bren; 02-08-2013 at 07:46..
Old 02-08-2013, 13:42   #5
cowboy1964

More lawmakers just wasting time and efforts.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:02   #6
EOS
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post

That was me.

This has as much chance of passing in KY as a ban on burritos in New Mexico.
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:21   #7
wprebeck
Got quacks?

I'm more concerned with Schickel's SB92, which is a weird one. It protects gun ownership but bans NFA.

Honestly, neither it nor any other antigun measure will ever pass in Kentucky.

Bren, shoot me a PM if you'd like to meet for lunch. I'm in Frankfort three days a week for the session.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58   #8
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
I'm more concerned with Schickel's SB92, which is a weird one. It protects gun ownership but bans NFA.
I discussed that one on another thread. It doesn't really do much of anything, but the part on NFA weapons only bans them if they are undetectable by a walk-through emtal detector or airport x-ray machine. It's the same as the old "undetectable Glock" bills, but substituting NFA weapons instead of all guns. No guns exist that would be banned by it and any full-auto it might ban in the future is already illegal for civilians.

Here: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1469933

I did enjoy that even the Lexington Herlad referred to them as a "group of liberal lawmakers." Those people are a tiny handful of legislators and the most left-wing of the lot.

Last edited by Bren; 02-09-2013 at 07:09..